• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

DeathTiers

Smash Cadet
You don't worry about that. I've been doing it, and I know what I'm doing. :D
Just work on your smash skills right now. Don't worry about me.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Glad you can make it Deathtiers ^_^ though actually, I'm wondering if you're pulling a sevens. I'd find it very humorous if you were a well-known smasher disguising himself to attract flames. Hey, it worked for Sevens!

Um, we don't have a spectator fee... that would be harmful if, say, a parent brings their kids and wants to keep an eye on them. How can we charge the dad 5 bucks to do nothing all day?

So spectatin' is free. Feel free to come in and browse. Sorry for any confusion (especially to fellow staff... I'm all puzzled now.)

But. This is a Lan center, and I promised them 10 dollars a head for the right to use their systems all day for 2 days. 10 dollars buys you the right to play any games in the building for the whole of two days (though I don't know yet about the lan computers themselves.) The hosts with the MOASTs do things a wee bit differently, but because we had a problem last year with leechers, we'll have a way to identify if someone hasn't paid the reg fee.

Most likely, it'll be a wristband and a nametag. People without a wristband can wander as they wish, but only people with wristbands can play on the tvs. And, since we have one staffer in a bright orange vests manning every 2-4 tvs, making sure VCRs are recording, equipment's being taken care of, etc, we'll be doing ok ;)

So please, feel free to come in free of charge, anyone that wants to. No need to play in the tournament. But to play casually or otherwise on any Tourny tvs, you'll need to pay the 10 dollar registry.

-Scav

D

Deleted member

deathtiers: you got another $100 in that deep pocket of yours? I'm game.

matt: fox/zelda ditto? Gotta love 'em.

Scav: why don't we just use typical name tags? Wes had one at Smash for Cash:

Hello, my name is:

Of course, it was on his back. Slight technicality :)

And who is Sevens?

Majin Link you bum I call you out! Reply! Show me da Samux!

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Alright, you're on UmbreonMow! Judging from what I saw in my matches against Kirk and Sevens, I hope to come back a much strongers Samus.

And Sevens is the "supposedly" best Samus in TX.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
So um....yea about 90% chance that I am coming to this....

So yea...<_< >_> who wants to $ match me? :chuckle:

And don't forget Fl. sucks :( so I will only be loosing money....:D

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
:( well that sucks.... anyhow also I need to know who is providing housing for this event?

If not I can always get a hotel and pick up random texas girls from the corner :p

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love how you're just repeating urself over and over again Deathtiers. If everyone really loved money that much, they should go have sex with it. But fortunately, that's not the case. I guess every person who is generous and gives money to charity is a complete moron now? Or those donating money to help the people in Africa? Since it is all juss "giving away money". Tourneys are suppose to be fun, enjoyable, not about money. Tell me why are you paying taxes to the government? Isn't that giving money away? Shouldn't everyone just keep their money?

Anyways, I don't appreciate criticisms about sumthin so stupid esp. when there are people working their ***** off juss so you can have fun. If everyone was like you, there wouldn't be any tournaments in this world for any system ever. Heck, there won't be any tournament for anything period. I mean, what do people really get out of these? You see people who try so hard for the olympics and worked everyday to train, then they go home without a medal. By your logic, all that was a complete waste of time. Why even bother with the olympics? Heck, they're playing for a piece of medal. Why try so hard for it? Why travel around the world? You're juss wasting money traveling around to see a new environment. It's a new experience for everyone to enjoy.

Why goto any event that requires money, you're juss giving money to them. Why do anything? In the end, people want to do something they love. People go to ballgames cuz they love sports. People go to concerts cuz they love the bands.

People want to compete, it's just part of human nature, unlike couch potatoes who wouldn't even give up a penny. It's a new experience for everyone. Plus, it's complete fun for 2 days for a simple price.

Keep your opinions to yourself, there's no need to throw your own thoughts when you already know you will enrage others with your comments. I hate attention whores like that. You mite as well run around naked in public. I bet more people would care.

Anyways, let's throw that aside. I hope you have fun here even if you don't participate in the tourney. Besides, I don't believe Azen is even confirmed that he was coming yet O_o

D

Deleted member

I got decently far in GO and S4C. Doesn't mean I'm good.

Cloud: I'll take that money match.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Anyone want to play against me with no special rules for free? It doesn't seem to be a popular idea, so I guess I'll be a trend-setter ;).

Fear

Smash Journeyman
if i can get a ride to this somehow i can go if my dad says yes. .any one live near converse goin, so i can hitch a ride or something i can pay for some fees, while in car that is.

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
I am so gonna win the lvl 1 money match. It's gonna be ON! 64 people signing up, each submitting 1 dollar. Using the games Tournament Engine, will set-up a 64 man FFA Tournament with Random LvL 1 computers (everybody's character will be numbered), and we'll have that TV running all day.

Hehe, I will PWN! My character will be the lucky one, to surpass 3 rounds and take it all!

ssbm_kings

Smash Journeyman
Yea i'll probably going to this so i need housing too. Umm i vote we have team and low tier tourney on sunday. Or even a crew tourney. That be fun.

Anyone up for money matches, i'll be down for free matches too.

Cloud, maybe we can do our money match that never got done.

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Dr DrewtheDragon
Just in case anyone misses this buried deep in the first post I'll make this very clear:

THERE IS FREE HOUSING FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Ahhh, excellent, excellent. Now that that is taken care of, if one of you kind souls would pick me up from the airport, I'd be eternally grateful :bee:

Anyway, I'm definitely up for team play. I'd like a partner though, so if anyone is feeling a little left out, I'm always open. I usually play DK/Kirby, but if you don't want me to team with him, I'll play Sheik or Capn.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Ahh more Kirby players are appearing. Nice to have you. Maybe you Kirby players can get together and.....do something. Psh I don't know what.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
!

I SO, no. SO want in on that 64 man tourney. Sounds badass, Silas.

McFox! I shall wager you one whole Jack-in-the-box burger! Whoever wins must buy the looser a Burger! Oh think of how savory the burger must be! :D.

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Yokoson
and.....do something. Psh I don't know what, cuz I'm not really clever. In fact, I suck, and so does Sasuke! Silas rules me!

You're losing your touch, Yokoson. But nice touch in the end.

vipor

Smash Rookie
this is freakin awesome. i just recently picked up smash (may 04 or so). i played it twice, then went out, purchased a cube, 4 cont, mem card, and smash. most replay-able game ever.

thrilled to see the tourney, esp since i live like 20 min away. im telling all my smash buds and theyre all down.

also, i can see the airport from my apt practically (right by grapevine mills mall), so i can provide some transportation from the airport and all, and maybe a place to stay for a couple peeps. (for the weekend only tho - i work m-f)

im also on the lookout for some good local smashers to play, i do okay, but im not awesome by any means, and id love to see whats out there. i play a pretty good fox and im learning doc, and i can beat most of my friends that have been playing since 64.

aim- mikey97240sx, yahoo same

ill be there, and even if i suck, im always down for 1$ or free matches

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
$$$$$$$$$$$

I see peeps is starting money matches now.

Well I'm not sure on any of the Texas guys money matching me but any of you other out of staters want lemme now

$$$stepppp it upppp!!!!$$$

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I might money match you in a Falco ditto smashfighter. We'll jst see how much money I have when it comes around, and how I'm feeling at the time. :p

IMPORTANT NEWS: David Kirk becomes the second victim from Ohio of "the atmagamer syndrome" He will still be coming to this, but only to accompany Ashley. She will be entering the tournament, he will not. Thus i need a partner. That

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
oh already got matches

darkrain- sounds good
JF- sounds good

as far as dittos go Falcon and GD are my favorites, but I'll also play falco. or specific request if u want, i'll play falco, falcon, GD, samus, sheik, and fox.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Re: !

Originally posted by teflon_climbers
McFox! I shall wager you one whole Jack-in-the-box burger! Whoever wins must buy the looser a Burger! Oh think of how savory the burger must be! :D.
How much does it cost? Seriously. We don't have a Jack-in-the-Box in my town. Nor do we have a 7-11, which I here has an awesome Dr. Pepper Icee (or whatever brand theirs is).

By the way, is there a 7-11 around this place? Because I'd really like a Dr. Pepper [insert brand of Icee here].

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey ssbm_kings. (The TRUE ssbmKings:chuckle: ) Who do you use? I may or may not wanna $ match you. I wanna see how good CO is.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Hey Vipor, if you're in Grapevine you should be pretty close to Flower Mound. That would be your closet stop for some play. Or you could always go to Drew's whenever hes throwing a Smashfest.

Although when us FM people get together we like to focus on training and fun times while over at Drew's they like to dominate you with their newest trick, (kidding......well maybe not so much hahaha).

Come to enough of them (either, or, or other) and you can get up to stuff so you won't look bad when MOAST comes around.

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Yo Yokosan, the smashfests you descibed sound very appealing to me. I'd like to attend one of the Mounds training Smashfests sometime. I need a breath of fresh air. I just got back from Kenshins, and if you notice it's a little early to be leaving a Smashfest. For those mofos is crazy.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
[color=0080ff]Darkrain's coming to this? Cool, my list of people I want to meet/see again is getting longer, thus increasing the chances I'll make an effort to be there. Hope more people step it up.

Edit: I never said you weren't on the list... ;)[/color]

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
What about me, Yeroc? :(

Anyways, McFox! I don't know how much they are down in TX, but it's a burger ^^. I'll buy you one, and that's our 'burger match'. :D so even if you win. You still get a burger :D.

ON ME

D

Deleted member

wtf yeroc. That's it, Sheik vs Mewtwo. You're going down.

vipor

Smash Rookie
yokoson, fm is pretty close, i have some friends out there, plus i head that way to play disc golf sometimes. how often do you guys throw down? as for the smashfests i have at least 2 friends that would love some new ppl to play. aim me

EDIT: as for drews, i have 2 ppl that want to participate next fri, so i plan on bein there if all goes well

Top Bottom