• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
McFox, you may refer to me as Scav, Matt, or Stacey, whichever you prefer. So long as I can call you Beverly.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by CORY
why yes, yes he is.

and names are sorta optional. i think i respond to three different ones... just go with the flow when you get here : p
ya CORY, josh, and the wierd guy in the kung-fu outfit

by the way my name is Jake Mcfox

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You can call me whatever you want to, but I'm expecting to hear the following at least a few times:

"You suck."
"I totally pwned you."
"Hahaha I handed you your ***."

:chuckle:

Scav edit: I'm so warning you for censor dodging. Don't corrupt my room you evil evil man! You... fox...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by DeathTiers
lol, McFox is such a idiot.

Anyways, my chances of coming to this have just decreased. :/
ROFL. A idiot? I laugh. I think you're AN idiot. And too bad you can't come. I was looking forward to money matching you.

DeathTiers

Smash Cadet
Okay Jesus. Now you can go back to church and fix up all their grammatical errors since you seem to have nothing else to do.

BTW, Scavenger, just because you have absolutely no skill in this game, and you're completely jealous of my skill doesn't mean you go after me trying to give me warnings. Before you come after me, go after the tons of sigs i've seen twice as long as mine. It's okay though, I know what your going through, how you feel about having such a small amount of skill in this game. You can learn. But let me let you in on a little secret: Entering Tournaments, is a waste of money.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Again, Death Tiers is a smash noob who has nothing else better to do than make fun of people better then him (like Scav who could 3-4 stock him with mario).

For example- he claims tiers don't exist (a noobish statement). Second of all, he claims to have beaten wes, azen, and ken at Gameover (which I can guarantee he has never been to). Also, he says Scav has no skill (lol). Does he even known who he is or how well he's done in tournaments (probably not).

Death Tiers- if you live in texas, there are plenty of people who would wanna come out and beat you. That is if your man enough to back up your talk and prove your skill (probably not). So please, do us all a favor and go back under the rock from which you came.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd respond to Death Tiers, but I think he's 9 years old, and I don't want to make him cry with my crushing wit and incredible name-calling skillz0rz.

And Scav, I'm unwarnable. :D
Death Tiers sucks.

DeathTiers

Smash Cadet
Actually I live in New Orleans, and it's pretty close compared to other tournaments. I went to Game Over because I went to visit my aunt at that time and she lived close to that site. (Northern VA)
I didn't not enter the tournament because it was a complete waste of money.
I had beaten Azen, Wes and Isai. That doesn't mean they didn't come back and beat me. Just because I beat them once doesn't mean I'm better than them. I never claimed I beat Ken. I didn't get a chance to face him because a lot of people wanted to face him and he was asleep a lot of the time.

IMO, Tiers don't exist after you take a Doc and beat down the #1 sheik in the world.

Last time I checked, Mods are really poor at smash, so i'm sure I'd be the one beating down Scavenger. He's a newb just like the rest of the Mods. I faced BBT and he was a joke.

My chances of coming to this have decreased a lot, but hey, it's in January so you never know. Right now I have my sights set on Azen's town. I'm going to visit my aunt again and I will most likely go there. Some tourney called "getting schooled" or something like that. I'll just take all the money from the newbs, have practice matches with Azen, and win a lot of money from them and learn a lot and if you guys get lucky, I'll come down to Texas and beat just about all of you guys too.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
DeathTeirs -- $100 money match? If you're as good as you say you are, you should have no problem taking this noobs money :D.

Anyways, I came in here to say I will be coming to MOAST 3. Yes, I will have my sexy self there, and even MORE tapes to get party-footage on :D. I hope I get invited to th' parties :D.

Horray for big sigs!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
death, bbt is a joke. he admits it. he hasn't played the game seriously for over six months, he just goes to tourneys for ****s and giggles. me and scav actually play competitively. scav's taken first place at the houston vgames and has placed rather well at other tourneys he's attended (you'd have to ask him about his placings, though, i just know they didn't suck : p ).

i'll admit that i'm just about average overall, but i don't think i'd go down without taking at least one stock : p out of the three tg's i've been to, the worst i've done was tg5 going two and out against wes and a doc ditto (which i was horrible at at the time...) but, if you feel like generalizing all of us just based off of one mod who doesn't play competitively anymore, we'll do the same with you and group you with every other idiot out there in the world who likes to come into threads and talk smack but not back it up.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hehe, I'm well aware that you're unwarnable McFox ;)

But anyways, Deathtiers makes the mistake of thinking I feel a need to prove myself to him. Instead, I'll just slap on a warning for disrespect, since that's my only way to feel like I have a big peppy.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to playing competitive smash, losing to all the good players, and beating all the not-good players, and Deathtiers can meanwhile jump to any conclusions he desires. (And what? Other people have bad sigs too? Omg! ... I've warned people in my own group of friends for big sigs. We're dealing with it. Thanks for shortening yours, btw.)

Teflon, that kicks major *** that you can come! Fellow state-tournament-smashbringers-people unite! Wait, that makes no sense. I hear you have crazy hair...

Btw guys, tomorrow is the deadline for any major rules changes. I'll make an announcement tomorrow.

-Scav

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, Deathtiers is so awesome. People feed into whatever he says and fall for it. Negative PR is teh r0x0r.

I say we just ignore him, if it's in our best interest and if that's even possible.

For inciting responses, Deathtiers gets an A+

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
one rule Scav forgot to put:

nobody can be on tourney grounds and not enter the tournament unless they have paid the registration fee. thought that should be posted

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
This isn't Game Over. If you're not playing, you're going to get hit by spectator fee (which should be at all tourneys). Locations aren't free to use.

Tiers are only ephemeral to begin with. Sheik can handle more situations than Doc, but Doc counters Sheik quite well.

Who says all the mods are newbs at smash? >_>

I'm taking you on.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Silas, getting responses is the easiest thing in the world ;) that's why trolls are the bane to every boards in existance. All I have to do is, say, post in... ANY thread on the boards, insult someone, and bam. Incited responses.

The hard thing is getting responses without starting a flame war, which Trolls are not all that great at.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Omg Teffie is coming? I must have a Falco ditto. And i laugh at Death Tiers for the thinking the best Mario in the country (or at least tied with Lipton) has no skill. And I can name plenty of Mods with skill:

Amorasaki, CORY, RyokoYaksa, Scav, MattD(not me :D), and M3D.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Hmm, deathtiers...

Yeah, this newb wants to shut deathtiers up. You talk too much crap. Saying Scav has no skill is such an ignorant statement. That man knows how to play a Mario, possibly one of the best in the country. I've experienced it myself 1st hand. Yeah, I'm having my doubts now about Deathtiers.

*phew*

I think I will make money in time for Moast 3, already found me a job! :D

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
JesusFreak: You're on :D. I'm suprised you know who I am ^^. I don't come 'round there errr parts that thurr much. Poor sp!?!

Ryo: Did GO get a free tourney spot? I have a free tourney spot during the school-year that is good enough to house at LEAST 50 people. It's suave. I could get a large venue, but I'd have to start up a club, which I just might as well do :))

HAHAHA. I HAVE A BIG SIG. WARN ME. I DAR U.

Sorry, I just feel like being an ***. I have a warning. It makes me feel like I'm a noob again :D.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah Teflon, i can't wait to chill with you again, you made TG6 a fun experience, and yes Scav, he does have some crazy hair, big blonde afro, its so cool, oh and JesusFreak, Teflon has a crazy falco, so you better get to practicin

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
JesusFreak

Matt: you have just been called out, by ME, we are going to have an entire cast ditto, winner of the majority of the characters will take $25:D

unless YOU ARE AFEARD

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
haha Of course I know who you ar e Teffie. I know everyone. I read through threads from around the country.

And Jake you are so on. You picked the wrong guy to mess with tho. I am known by many people as "mini Azen" and "The Azen of Texas" or at laeast "The Azen wannabe:p "

anyway I love versatility. Bring it On.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll take that challenge from either of you :)

Let's see... high tiers + Roy + Ness + Link = majority right :)

Don't need any of that low tier trash:chuckle:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
FINE DITTOS FOR ALL!

I can play at least decently: sheik, fox, marth (not so much), Falco, Samus, Falcon, Jiggly, Mario, Luigi, Ganon, Pika, the Links (sorta), Roy, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Pichu.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
ill c falcon and gannon ditto anyone, not for money though, i kinda suck at cf dittos but i love gannon dittos

David Kirk

Smash Ace
If I randomly come out to this, I will twenty six character ditto you for $5 a character, Cloak and Dagger.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Okay, we are dealing with the numerous oversized sigs now, which is incidentally why Clan Paychecks were put on hold. You have only yourselves to blame.

Second... Well I wanted a list here. I don't really have anything for second.

Third, how much is a spectator fee vs. a tournament fee? Or do you pay a set amount to hang out at the Lan Center, and then play the tournament on that fee? Or do you pay some just to be there and then some to play in the tournament? I'd probably still enter the tournament anyway, I just want to know how this works.

I will Free Play anyone out there. And by free, I mean no money. Because I will have my *rs* handed to me. I just want to play.

And in case anyone cares, my friend Jordan and his brother may be coming instead of Jared. Or along with Jared. They are both really good. Definitely better than me, although that's not saying much ;).

Like Bee, I'm basically going to have fun. I know I can't win :D.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
10 dollars registration fee just to get in and 15 bucks to enter 1v1 tournament, but we hope everyone can enter to fulfill our desired pot. Don't worry, I bet this is gonna wind up as more free play than money matches. I don't think too many people are willing to put up too much money on the line.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
*looks ontop of deathtire avatar. If i have money to money match i will but i will see how much i will bring to the tourney.

Btw- I have another friend that is comin to Moast3 he plays with peach so i might team with him then with Falcowannabe never know though.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm bringing my keyboard this time. NO STOPPIN IT. I'll also work up some badass tunages for it.

MCFOX You're coming?!? Yaay! I get to meet some of the socialites of the boards! horray!

Scav -- I can't wait to meet you; I thought that you were Scamp at TG :=. I got your names mixed up. Now I am clear :D.

Any Game and Watch money matches? You'll be hard pressed to beat me. I'll wager a good amount into that little mother ****er.

DeathTiers

Smash Cadet
3 simple statements:

1) I'm most likely coming to this tourney now.

2) I'm not paying the spectator Fee. MY friends and I have been to several tournaments with and without spectator fees and we've never paid a spectator fee. So I don't plan on doing so in this one.

3) After MOAST3, there are only going to be 2 people smiling. Me, and the winner. All of you that wasted your money entering the thing will feel so stupid. And making all these bets up to 100$?!!! I feel sorry for you guys. Wasting that much money. I gotta admire you guys for working your ***** off at your job, coming back with all that cash and handing it right over to Azen. I mean, I don't know how it feels, and I don't intend on finding out. I just have to give you guys props. I guess you guys fuel the engine for Azen and Ken and Isai and the rest to travel all over the U.S. That's how the system must work. I see now.

Good luck at work tomorrow. Remember, a good percent of that money's going to either Azen, Ken, Isai, or me! ;)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you're coming and you're not paying to enter or the reg/spec fee, then what're you gonna do? hang around outside?

MarioToon

Smash Cadet
lol. I'd like to come to this. If the people I'm hearing about are coming, then I think it's worth it. Too bad I live too far away. :(

DeathTiers

Smash Cadet
No, I'll just do what I've been doing at all other tournaments W/ spectator fees. Walk in, money match a lot of people taking all their money, acknowledge the good smashers and observe their style of play, so i can get better myself as a smasher, then leave. It's very simple.

Top Bottom