• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
X Japan- The site is about a 30 minute drive from DFW International. DFW is the biggest airport in Texas: BTW, how many people from DA would we be expecting? And if you can, try to fly in on Friday :)

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I am considering this much over TGA I wanna play the Texans, I never got a chance to play Crystal City at TG it sucks. But I did see what they where about and I really wanna fight em. Also this seems to have alot more people entering than TGA and also Delaini is willing to fly with me to this one. Expect me there, money matches anyone?

I wanna get rich.

Btw on a side note, who is housing for this tournament?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Actually TGA will probably have more people and also really easy money. TGA is expecting 128+ ppl, but most will be easy to beat. You really should try to make both tournies. Since this isn't until January i don't see why you wouldn't be able to be at both.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made that post before I posted in MOAST so I am more than likely going to make it to TGA I just really really really need info on.

1. Where I am staying for TGA.

2. How long the tourney is going to be.

3. How many $$$ matches can I get.

I made over 100$ at TG6 >_< I like $$$ matches more and more now.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any preference for what other "side tournaments" we hold. Obviously there's going to be Level one's and low tier, but how about low tier team and crew battle? Does anyone have a preference on which one they want or both?

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
yes....................... you should also have a Smash64 tourney........................ I love that game........................ It's so great playing against smashfighter in that game................... what joy

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
the oklahoman

Hello fellow Texan neighbors, I'm going to come down and participate in this tournie aswell. From what I hear this is going to be some major event and I am looking forward to playing with some of you legendary cats. Still, I am not expecting to pwn much but to have fun.

So see you guys there.

ps. this is going to be my first tournie!

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
After the 1v1 and 2v2, I'd really like to see a Crew battle. They're always so fun, and you get the strategy of setting up your order (and guessing the opposing crew's order!)

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
More oklahomans

Me and my friend might be interested in coming. We both have no competition but eachother and really need the experience. It's so far to drive though -_-
I like the idea of a 2 day tourney so I don't have to drive 6 hours in one day >_>

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking maybe for the rules you guys should use the TG6 random stages, where it was only FD, Pokemon, and Kirby64. The reason it was used is because the Kirby 64 is similar to FoD, battlefield, and Yoshi's story, so characters who do better on triple platform stages are more likely to get a better stage in random select the other character. Although I think FoD, Battlefield, and yoshi's story are differen't enough from Kirby 64 that just one of them could be on for random

Essence

Smash Journeyman
yeah i have to drive 6 hours too, from victoria, but trust me, for this tourney, it will be worth it, i would drive 10+ hours if i had to, and yes, i like smashfighters idea, the tg6 rules were nice, random select dream land 64, fd, and p stadium only, then loser can counter pick those 3 plus fod, yoshis story, battlefeild, and dk64, well maybe not dk64

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yo X-Japan, want a Link ditto?

Also, I will ditto your M2 Mow, and get my *** handed to me in the process XD.

Anyone want any Roy dittos?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll do Roy dittos Mookie.

And are you saying that only 6 stages were playable at the entirety of TG?

I personally wouldn't want to run a tournament with so few stages simply because "TG did it."

What happened to the days of creative counterpicks?

However, if enough people argue for the 6-stages or whatever before the 31st then I could change my mind, or at least be outvoted by the rest of the MOAST crew.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Believe it or not, I might be coming.

I live in Louisiana, and from my city to Dallas (that's where it's being held right?) is approximately a 6 hour drive. I've been interested in going to a Tournament, but early on (when this room popped up) I decided that I really couldn't afford to keep driving out to smaller tournaments, so I figured I would only go to one (maybe two) of the biggest tournaments, and this seems like one of the biggest ones.

I just checked my college classes, and my Christmas break is from December 18th - January 10th. However, I believe we have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off (on ULL's website, it says "All offices closed" for Jan. 17th). If that's the case, I would be able to drive out the Saturday (is that what most people do, or do that just show up Sunday?), and not come back here until Monday. I would be in favor of any scheduling that doesn't make me drive there and back in one day (12 hours, ouch).

See, it's never been feasible before now for me to attend a tournament. I got my car this January (2004), but from then until summer, I was still in high school. But now that I'm in college, I don't think my parents would have a huge problem with me going to Dallas for a day or two.

One big question: What kind of building is the Lan Center? It doesn't sound like we can spend the night there, so what do tournament go-ers normally do for overnight? Find a nearby hotel?

Be forewarned: If I attend this tournament, I am prepared to lay some Louisiana smack-down on all you Texans and other non-Cajuns. I will wipe the floor with your collective heads, and take the pot of gold being offered as well. You have no chance to survive make your time.

Actually, no, I suck at Smash Brothers ;) :p. Seriously. I'd be interested in going more for the free-play than the Tournament, although I'd definitely enter the bracket, just to see if I can beat anyone.

I might bring my friend Jared too, if he's interested in coming.

So far, things look good for my arrival :D.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can't stay at the LAN center over night, but thankfully enough of us live in the area that we're opening our houses to everyone for sleeping/more smashing purposes.

Unless you just want to get a hotel, that's cool too:chuckle:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I probably will end up at a hotel -_-. My parents seemed pretty adament about keeping me isolated from other people :rolleyes:. Oh well. But if they feel that way, at least it means they're letting me go. Cy'all there :D.

Plus, if I can get Jared to come, it won't be so bad at a hotel. You guys could come hang out with us, if you want :p.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
wow, three mods at one tourney.

anyway, try and get in touch with usea, foxy, he's a loozeeanneran also and last i heard was gonna try to make it here, too. see if you guys can set up a carpool of some sorts to make things easier if you're in close enough proximity and all that.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's a good idea, although if he's staying at someone's house and I'm in a hotel, it would be kind of difficult. Then again, I could drop him off wherever he's staying and then drive to wherever I'm going. Or, have whoever he's staying with meet us wherever I'll be staying, and we can hang out (play some Smash, if the TV in the hotel allows), and then usea could ride back with them.

Good idea though.

I suppose I can't ban people when they beat me. :(

D

Deleted member

anyone man enough to try Ganondorf vs Mewtwo?

Majin: I like to see different samus styles. We play much yes.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lol Majin's Samus style is suckfu.:chuckle: nah jk.

but why would you want to play M2 vs Ganon? wouldn't that just be ****? I guess I could do that matchup with you if you want. Also the Ganon player in My Crew would like to I'm sure. I just don't know if he plans on coming or not.

D

Deleted member

I just want to comapre to wes. Wes is good too ya know :p

**** on which side? Cause DA Ganon Raffy beat my Mewtwo.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hmm yeah I was thinking **** by Ganon. I guess we'll just see. I have no experience against a mewtwo. I need to play chang a lot next time I get a chance.:D

Oh yeah Wes is like 100x better than Majin.

D

Deleted member

ganon also kills mewtwo at like 70%.

and come on it can't be that bad. If that true then MY samus is better, which I doubt.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Well, looks like I won't be participating in any other tournament, including San Antonio tournaments, until MOAST 3, and hopefully, I can make it, because... I happened to have lost my friends $500.00 MP3 player, and now I HAVE to get a part-time job somewhere, really soon, and still be able to pay for gas, food, entry fee, etc. for when MOAST 3 comes around the corner and still pay my friend his money back or MP3 player, whichever comes 1st. I seriously do not have that kind of money on me. The only person I know that could have possibly helped me pay for gas along the way to Dallas is SHDW(JoseLee) but he will be in Mexico during MOAST 3, so I'm out of luck. Wow, I feel so careless losing such an expensive MP3 player.

I screwed myself and now if I can't pay the money in time, then MOAST 3 is out of my reach without money. I'd best start looking for a job now...

I am never borrowing expensive pieces of equipment ever again to other places unless it's my place. ARGH!!:mad:

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
And yet I am still with out my 25$. I don't see why anyone would trust you with money at this point. I offered for you to buy me a better membership at this site because it seems you had no trouble paying that but I still have yet to see it. I now have a new idea that can finish this ****ed thing once and for all. Buy Me GILL! FFXI styles baby. Next time your online I'll message you. But in the meantime I am geting kinda bored. I have alot of minutes left on my cell phone. I think I will just start with daily calls soon.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Do I need to learn everyone's real names, or can I just refer to them by their SWF alias? Because that's a lot of names to learn...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
heh its up to you. I personally dont care. Mike called me Sintenal all through FC while soem other people called me Austin(my real name) at FC. I guess it depends which you are more comfortable with.

NESS RAWR

CORY

wut
BRoomer
why yes, yes he is.

and names are sorta optional. i think i respond to three different ones... just go with the flow when you get here : p

Top Bottom