• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

CORY

wut
BRoomer
and it's about a four or five hour drive from dallas to houston, kone : ( that could throw some kinks into the plan, ne?

Kone

Smash Master
Not by much, I could fly out to Dallas and stay there for the tournament then make my way and stay with my friend's family for the remainder of my trip ^_^ .

Kone

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Kone, I'm going to be organizing a caravan of cars driving up from Houston the day before the tournament. You and your friend are welcome to join it ;)

The drive is very easy, it's 240 miles, all on the same freeway, so it takes approximately 4 hours.

-Scav

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
By the by, nothing is set in stone mind you, but a trophy of some sorts might be in the works for MOAST3. And to give you a little more line so your minds can run around more freely with this, a throphy isn't solely definded as a large cup (you know cup like the ones you get in Mario Kart).

Savage tribes used the heads of slain warriors as trophys.
A fisherman might have the body of a swordfish as his trophy.
And a lucky man might just get away with that trophy wife.

What kind of spoils could a winner of a SMASH tourney bring home to display his winnings? The answer to that question will haunt your dreams until the MOAST staff wants to tell all.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
The answer to that quesiton is quite simple Mr.Mouse. If Silas is going to charge me with the task of making a trophy I'm going to milk it for all its worth. Which includes, though not limited to, tossing out hints as a means to stir the waters.

Beyond my cruelty though, it serves a a way to build hype. Any good terror movie writer knows that keeping the monster in the shadows creates a much for fearful monster overall. What we want that monster to be, what we fear that monster isn't is the monster we see.

Soo just like that Shark whos Jaws lay waiting beneath the waters, and like the corn stalk walking, roof rattling, ailens that make SIGNS, I will continue to drop hints, no matter how obsure they may be, letting your imaginations build up what might be.

Why else would i mention that part about severed heads serving as a mantle piece of tribes gone by? To put ideas of a Smash Trophy Head ahead of all other ideas in your head. Head on down to MOAST if you want to see if its true.

And was a way to build up your hopes, and show that I am not the crazed man I seem to be, whos to say that I won't see posts interested in whatever crazy notion of a trophy you guys cook up and actualy make that into a trophy? So come up with ideas that you'd want to see in a trophy. Wish hard enough, screem loud enough, and you just might get your MOAST trophy wish.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
If I can get this job **** flowin, then I'm gonna try to make it here. Can I stay with you Robfalco/Zulu? or do you guys have to travel for this too? I like it I like it. . . I wanna stay with you guys we can do some pass out trixies, and I will even bring THE MAN if I get some at next SKYPAL. Robfalco likes it dontcha Rob ^_^

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
After pretty much everyone else left Mattdeezie's house, I got to hang out with the Crystal City guys for a while, and I'm very interested in coming to this now. I liked it too much, and I wanna get some more matches in with these guys as well as the rest of the Texas people.

Anyways, Team Ben will formulate a plan as to how we're going to get to this and everything and post as soon as everything's definite.

I want rematches with all the Texas people that I lost to at FC :mad: Silas, I'm looking at you, especially. :demon:

jotun

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Ratking1234
If I can get this job **** flowin, then I'm gonna try to make it here. Can I stay with you Robfalco/Zulu? or do you guys have to travel for this too?
crystal city is like 400 miles away from dallas/plano

Smash_It_up

Smash Rookie
I think that this tournement should have 2v2. I consider playing 2v2 the best part of the game because you get to have strategy and teamwork. Thats when games get pumped up

~Theox

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Oro
I want rematches with all the Texas people that I lost to at FC :mad: Silas, I'm looking at you, especially. :demon:
LOL, sorry Oro. That was a crap win I had. I really admire you guys, cuz I had a lot of fun playing with ya'll. That last life on Corneria was a WTF.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
After having so much fun at TG I really want to try and make another trip to the states within half a year or so to see everyone again. And right now MOAST is pretty much the biggest candidate for being that trip. Tickets have gone up by 80 euro's to about 480, but that's still cheap compared to flying to Cali. I don't have that kind of money right now because TG kinda drained my wallet, but I think I could probably get it before prices go up to far. Maybe I'll go and re-register with that temp agency, 500 euro's is easy when you're making 100 euro's a day. One week of working and I'm of to Dallas.

The only other concern I have is housing. Because of the time difference, and because of the higher ticket prices on monday I'd want to arrive wednesday and leave tuesday, so I'd need almost a week of housing. Scav's earlier posts gave me the impression that most of the D-crew will be busy with work or school the week before the tournament and some aren't even in Dallas at all, so that may be a bit of a problem. Any word on that? Once housing is sorted and I have the money I fully intend to be there. TG reminded me how much fun it is to go to tournaments.

I know this is all pretty much a recap of what I already said earlier, but I just wanted to show that I'm still very interested and I wanted some more response on the housing bit.

PS: Make it two days **** it! This stuff is far to awesome to just be one day.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
dude, silver, if you need housing, i can definately put you up for a week. i'm not sure what my work/school schedule'll be like at the time, but i've got cable internet and most consoles with quite a few games. if nothing else, it'll keep you occupied if no one else is around : p

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
hey, cory I met some kid here at tech he is in my dorm, he said he lived near you

anyways his name is doug i think and i was owning him bad

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds good Cory! Now I'll just have to get the money together and I'm all set. Getting the money is going to take a few months though, so don't expect me to post much in this thread. Once I have the money I'll contact you guys about flight times and stuff like that.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Apparently I need to link to my OMG MOAST3 IS TWO DAYS post in the main thread ^_^ badly. I'll do that today after class.

OMG MOAST3 IS TWO DAYS! AND IT'S HAVING A TEAMS TOURNAMENT! Everybody may dance.

-Scav

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
remember Majin, Team attack is on, so dont even try all that double samus crap like you guys did at GE2, told you guys shouldnt play TA off ;)

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
LOL, we were unstoppable like that, so many missiles and charged shots! Those were the good times...

Yeah, but I'm training a new character specifically for teams. So my teammate won't have to worry about my missiles and charged shots.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh we'll have to have Falco matches. You me jotun Rob Changsta and any others. I hope to be as good as Rob by MOAST3.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I thought Betty would have gotten near as good as ROBFALCO did with his Falco byt the time GE II came by, but he still has quite some way to go. Seriously, ROB needs to teach him a thing or two with Falco, literally. By the time Moast 3 rolls around, he better **** well be close to Changsta's Falco, or else he will disappoint.

The Knights want revenge against D-Krew! I'm sure every Knight got beaten by someone in D-Krew within the 1 vs 1 Tournament, I'm positive. Except SOS, he got beat by ROB.

D

Deleted member

480? ****

dollar and euro = ABOUT even. it switches back and forth which is worth more. ticket to europe for next year cost $1000. that's like double. ****.

EDIT: CORY yo shizzah you have to show me all the cool palces in town. You only have a few months to find the best pizza place in town :o

I eat like 4 meals an hour, get ready for the madness.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Too many Falco players *sigh* I have to thank smashfighter for teaching me a few tricks tho haha. Well.. more like me juss copying :) copy ninja kakashi!

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Well if you're going to tote around the very name of the character that you represent in your smash boards name, RobFalco, you better be at least good with the character.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Mow, I'd like to see your M2 vs Chang's, cause it's VERY annoying...

and I'd like to try your Zelda vs my Sheik, just cause you claim to beat all the Sheiks you play, and I just want to see a good Zelda, really.

Oh, and David Kirk, are you back in?

Top Bottom