• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Unfortunately Yes I am.... A buddy of mine let me use his until I didn't need it...

I feel you on that. Even though our skills are so broken that they are deciding to ban our Controllers, we must prevail.

I can't stand the gamecube controller... I couldn't even figure out how to hold it at first so I could press each button correctly. I despise using the C Stick, the L and R buttons are so huge and so **** loud when you press them, it's just an uncomfortable feeling...

But I've been practicing with the GC controller twice a day for at least 4-5 hours a day by myself as soon as I get home from work. I plan on doing that up until the event. Repetition is the mother of learning. You'll be surprised how strong your subconscious mind is. I won't let a dumb rule stop me from having possibly the most fun I have had in a while. I was stubborn about using the Gamcube Controller and wouldn't use anything else...but with this kind of money on the line, it could be a serious life changing experience. So I strongly encourage you to practice with it for a while, Configure the buttons until it's comfortable to you, and get advice from other players around you about there controller preferences.

Even if though MLG is ruling against it, I humbly plead that the MLG staff or whoever else is in charge of running this event test things out. As things have been stated before, you can't use Wii without a wii remote... So there is going to be atleast ONE Wii remote in the Vicinity to turn the Systems on. Even if things were told by SONY or whatever... SONY has nothing to do with Nintendo Wii but everything to do with Playstation 3. The same thing can be said about X-Box...

So just test out having 4 or 5 Wii remotes on and playing at the same time on different stations in the same area. Let's see what happens. That couldn't hurt. Cause these possibilities and might happens are an unsettling feeling. And if anyone else were in our shoes you all feel the same way. Let us know what happens please, and thanks.

So I look forward to seeing Ultimate Razer, Pyronic star, Tearbear, and whoever else uses the Wii mote at MLG Orlando. Let's overcome this adversity together.
i feel terrible i cant get my money back over 300$s spent and i know i wont even stand a chance now but im forced to practice with a GCC for two weeks (doesnt compare to wiimote)

if theres like nyways we can use wiimote like test it out at the venue and if theres ny kind of interference we cant use them nymore

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
I highly recommend purchasing the white controllers through play asia. They are great quality and have 10 foot cords, and while you are on the site you can purchase a Tri-wing screwdriver if you want to remove the shoulder springs. I purchased the screwdriver and 2 controllers almost 2 years ago now and it was one of the best purchases I've made.
Other than the longer cord and color(obviously) are there any differences between the white controller and the platinum/black?

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
i don't think so, it feeeels sturdier, but that might be because i haven't felt a new black/silver one in years.
Yeah, its been over a year since I bought the platinum that I currently use and the c-stick is worn down to hard plastic on the bottom. I don't remember what a new controller feels like.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The paint feels different/wears differently. The platinum feels like it wears down smooth. Black feels different. White I dunno I have not worn down mine at all really.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
yeah i have a plat/black.

black def feels better, my black controller is also lighter cause i snipped out the rumble.

i feel in control

kinda the same way with little girls

@_____________________________________@
lol

-!-

Smash Lord
One thing I don't understand is why didn't MLG just banned the W!!-Motes since this Tournament was announced... if they knew the whole "Blue-Tooth" was gonna most likely "interfere" with the controllers since the beginning, then why not just announce the possibility of the whole "most-likely banned W!!-Motes". Even though it was supposedly studied very carefully, they always had in mind they where not gonna be allowed becuz of the whole "Blue-Tooth"

:ohwell:

can't wait for the weekend to keep practicing for this... I should order my new controller too... I'm having trouble with my Old white one :( I kinda want to get that Wario controller from the Nintendo Club of Japan, or the white and blue... ummm I should make up my mind soon before eBay gets dried out of them...

-!-

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry it affects you so adversely, but we banned your controller because we know what we're doing. We did the same with the PS3 after being advised to BY SONY ENGINEERS about how the wireless signals will be jammed. Sony actually built us custom bluetooth disabled controllers for tournament use. With over 200 Xboxes, 20 Wiis, and 60 PS3s in the same room, there is a 'signal haze' in the room that actually prevents us from using wireless internet from industrial routers, let alone wireless controllers. Would some work? Maybe. Would they work if we let everyone use them? Absolutely not.

We've been doing these events for a while now (:p) and this is something we have explored backwards, forwards, and side ways, we're 100% confident that we made the right decision. Again, I'm sorry if it has put any competitors in a bad position, but it was a necessary decision.
If thats even the case, you shouldn't of even put Brawl in the circuit if you're going to ban the first party remote and force people to use the GC controller which isn't even made in the states anymore. I no longer have a future in MLG.
You guys are *******s. ~3 people are suffering because of the no wiimotes. That obviously means you should always ***** about it. Yeah, it sucks that you spend money on it, and it could be a few hundred dollars, but **** man, it is ONLY a few hundred dollars. It isn't like you were travelling from OOC and it cost a few thousand. So yeah, to those 3 people, sorry. Everybody else, stop *****ing and promoting. It's really ****ed up and you are seriously disrespecting the owners of this entire site.
I can see where you are coming from, but you still don't know how it feels to be in my shoes. I HAD to buy my plane ticket before the prices jumped so I did. They didn't bother to say wiimotes would be banned since its sounds so stupid. A few hundred dollars? Thats a lot to me bud. I paid 288 for my plane ticket and cannot get a refund, I can only get in credits and I must pay 150 just to use it. So thats well over 400 dollars already not counting the cost of the new plane ticket I choose. You only say "a few hundred dollars" because you live in FL. I obviously would not complain if the first event was in Dallas. I'd be bummed, but I spent all this money just to have my 2 years of training slapped away. I'm very disappointed and cannot experience Brawl to the fullest like I wanted to. I will not use a controller I shouldn't have to and I won't be nearly as good.

My apologies to Gnes, my partner for MLG. Looks like we will continue ****** in TX and traveling OOS to something other than MLG.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
ESAM is an idiot, don't even bother with that dude. He's got plenty to say cause he already lives in FL and didn't shell out an *** load of money to try and get here.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
lol esams a kool dood

also, it sucks yeah,

they must turn wiis on with wiimotes
but i'm assuming they're gonna have the stations up and ready at the brawl menu before event starts and even before warm-ups.

but in case of a power failure?
in case the game freezes?

would that leave the station permanently offline?
MLG wouldn't want to interfere with anything else by putting the station back online right?

and if they do?

it would be messed up if they used wiimotes to get them back online/set up wiis during event start~~~

Gindler

Smash Champion
Soooooo, I was charged 35 dollars for signing up (see it on my card statement plain as day). But I never got my receipt in an email or anything....what's the protocall for something like this?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Don't worry I'll wreck esam in some MMs for you tim.

Just think, at least I'm not going to WHOBO so you have a shot there at least ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's a gangbang, and I don't support that kind of thing.

-!-

Smash Lord
Soooooo, I was charged 35 dollars for signing up (see it on my card statement plain as day). But I never got my receipt in an email or anything....what's the protocall for something like this?

Your e-mail confirmation is probably in ur junk folder, check that? Also if u can access that team builder in your MLG account to confirm yourself for singles then u should be all set. U can try the MLG help desk for another e-mail, or further help on this, though I read before the e-mail is not really needed as long as they have u in their system already.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Please check your MLGPro.com Support Ticket. I will assist you through that.

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
in Meadowlands last year there was a black out or power shortage im not sure which one, but every game on the circuit if they were in a game, had to redo the game. So im guessing they are trying to limit any problems from happening. Oh and the kid said he is never going to get involved in MLG, um MLG owns smashboards so ye.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
This ESAM guy seems liek a ****.
ESAM is an idiot, don't even bother with that dude. He's got plenty to say cause he already lives in FL and didn't shell out an *** load of money to try and get here.
esam put "mikehaze" in the tags for some of his videos lol. dont worry guys, its esam.
Don't worry I'll wreck esam in some MMs for you tim.
**** him Dekar.
Let's group **** ESAM.

****. lol

but i'm assuming they're gonna have the stations up and ready at the brawl menu before event starts and even before warm-ups.

MLG wouldn't want to interfere with anything else by putting the station back online right?

and if they do?

it would be messed up if they used wiimotes to get them back online/set up wiis during event start~~~
This is a really good question. I hope it gets answered.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
:( :( :(

So much hate towards me...

<3 Razer. It isn't like I wanted wiimotes to be banned, but to the majority of people it isn't a big deal. That is all.

I'll MM all of you haters and whoop your ***** any day. Even you ADHD.

Gnes

Smash Master
Im really sorry it ended like this Timmy...but hey we got apex 2/other **** to **** at...

:(

this sucks...means we have to beat m2k/ally at some other tourney

FlatSoda

Smash Champion

yes i hope i don't get dodged, because if i see them using wiimotes during events i will be upset and talk to someone about it anyway, but whatev~

JUST A FEW DAYS AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Fatal

Smash Master

****. lol

it's a really dumb and ignorant question actually. if a station goes down they will put it back on. it will only take a minute or less to get the station back on instead of 6-7 min sets. So it's not really a big deal to get the station back on. just get over it

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I find it particularly amusing that the three wiimote users all use non-MK characters. Hahaha

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><

and if they do?

The Wiis will already be turned on and ready to go before warm-ups start.

And of course, we would use Wiimotes to turn a Wii back on or to reset it if the game freezes or if there was power failure.

Wiimotes will NOT be permitted by the players to be used during the Pro Circuit competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom