• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
No no not really its more like Redhalberd copied EVERY top mk, seibrik copied stuff from him, then raven only plays seibrik really

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
nothing will really matter...

we can complain about the stages, the laggy tvs, the seeding, the fact that the money will take 2-3 months to get to players, and a lot of other things that mlg does but it wont change what they will do

its either you get use to what they do or u just do not attend really.

you go to one mlg u been to them all....2009 season that is lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
No no not really its more like Redhalberd copied EVERY top mk, seibrik copied stuff from him, then raven only plays seibrik really
I'd only give credit to the oldschool MKs M2K/Forte/Plank/DSF. Everyone else just copied M2K and I watched them to make sure I didn't miss anything...

Teh Future

Smash Master
All I was saying as an IC main is that lag def. makes CGing a lot harder. From personal experience.

The only cat saying otherwise dont know wat he sayin.

not complaining, just telling cats how it is.

but Ive def played on TVs where lag isn't that bad and its def. possible to ajust after some matches

CO18

Smash Hero
did u know mlg doesnt supply sofas to play on. Its dumb, sofas are really comfortable cant believe them

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
they didnt even announce the tv's there using guys. ****, be patient MLG knows about lag halo has screen lag as well trust me. The viewsonic was used for halo with vga cables last year, they might change tvs.
Also tekken is another fighting game on the circuit that is affected by lag, Clap(league ops) said he managing this. You guys act like MLG knows nothing about the smash when most of them have been here before us.

Gametypes and rules are always subject to change halo has had 9 gametype and maps changes throughout events, this is the first event for brawl, they always change and adapt to the competitve player, these rules will probably change they want to see how the event will run like this. relax

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you are kidding right?

first off I am sorry if I am harsh I just feel that believing that they are going with tube tvs is a crazy idea.

they have to go with lcds since those are the easiest tvs to get and are actually cheaper than tubes besides ones you find at a goodwill store.

also mlg will not be going to going to little thiftshops and going to find those.

this was mentioned previously and jv or az mentioned that they will be using LCDs...look it up.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
the point is that most of these people are not like halo kids who are...to be flat honest...rich little white kids from the OC/MW with families who throw money at everything at their WHIM. ( yes most mlg halo kids actually are that white XD )

some of them do not have the money to buy the tv and LEARN the input with the lag and put the time into getting better with laggy tvs JUST for mlg while they can just go to a local tournament and win money there.

nothing will really matter...

we can complain about the stages, the laggy tvs, the seeding, the fact that the money will take 2-3 months to get to players, and a lot of other things that mlg does but it wont change what they will do

its either you get use to what they do or u just do not attend really.

you go to one mlg u been to them all....2009 season that is lol

Stereotyping MLG generally helps the situation.

Who are you exactly?

(I see that you're known on these forums, but how come you can talk so harshly about the Halo side of MLG?)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
old school halo 1 player xD

and yes a lot of them were like that dude smash is way more fun than halo...less drama..believe it or not

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
old school halo 1 player xD

and yes a lot of them were like that dude smash is way more fun than halo...less drama..believe it or not
You've got my respect then. Halo is basically a soap opera most of the time.
Pretty much the reason I quit. I must say however that the majority of people that I know that play Halo and travel to competitions just barely scrape by.

But let's not talk about Halo anymore.

As for the TV thing, there are monitors now that are cheap and have basically no input lag. If MLG was able to get a good deal and did their research we might all be happy about one thing.

(Also just as a little side note, there's more drama going on right now over these rules than there ever has been in Halo :-P)

He doesn't host ridiculously huge and or successful tourneys or anything...
I was asking in relation to the Halo communities :D Since I see people from other communities bashing on other gaming communities all the time, and most of the time it's out of sheer ignorance :-\

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we both know mlg does not want to do any of the sort

its not about looking pretty

i'll show you my blog when i am done about it:)

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
of course there isnt goin to be tube tvs, but trust mlg knows wat they're doing. Ive been to mlg events for melee and halo and the events never disappoint. Huge convention center, selling all types of merchandise, meeting new people free food. Yet people are still thinking about not going when the money on the line is more than genesis and pound 4, yet you flew there and paid about the same price to enter. This is the first event, the founders of MLG are there on the floor listening to people and taking any types of criticisms and they try to adapt by listening to players. When melee was first on the circuit this same *****ing happened with stages and wat not, by the end melees life on the circuit they did adapted the daves stupid rule and changed stages neutrality and so much more. Trust me and go to the event in orlando , meet new people, eat free food, the venue is literally disney's wide world sports complex, enjoy yourself

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
@nsm those were the vga cables i was thinking about...if mlg got those it would be worth it...time will tell.

nevershootme

Smash Master

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. If you ban Green Greens I'll just pick FD and Wario and CG your *** to death.

Win win for me since if you ban FD, I now go Green Greens and MK

-!-

Smash Lord
And here I was starting to get used to actual TVs again instead of HD, though I have components hooked up to my Plasma and LCD which still have very minimal Lag... Lag is still Laaagggg damm it but w/e more or less I'm straight with that... looks like it'll be LCDs all day XD

-!-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom