• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ketchup potato chips?? wtff thats weird.. i had balsamic pringles in japan, they were delicious.
Don't they have bags of milk in canada too?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ketchup potato chips?? wtff thats weird.. i had balsamic pringles in japan, they were delicious.
Don't they have bags of milk in canada too?
We have a bunch of crap LOL, all dress chips, ketchup chips, Milk in bag, oh I'm probably going to bring about 3 bags of Ketchup chips, 3 chicken wings chips and 3 all dressed Chips. I might sell 2 of em each lol if ppl want some, otherwise ill just bring 2 bags.

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, the stagelist is pretty bad. Mw hasn't had the pleasure of FAIR stages. Over time, I think they've been brainwashed!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Component cables have been out for a while. As long as the HDTVs are plasmas they shouldn't lag...
\
wrong all hdtvs lag

wiis highest resolution is 480p while all hdtvs resolutions are from 720p-1080p

Component cables cannot resolve this but VGA cables for the WII can

I am sorry but that statement is completely wrong .

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Not in my experience, but I doubt MLG would put any competitive game on a TV that lags anyway...
WRONG again my friend

MLG already stated they are putting these wiis on LCDS

they are not going to do what us community TOs do and go look thru the dumpsters of the world for Tube tvs for non-laggy tvs.

sorry but LAG ahoy.

Edit: the might use the same tvs for the halo tvs which, last time I checked , were the viewsonics 22'

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I doubt for a IC player or a diddy play that that would be the case. I am play many games fighting and fps wise and on a competitive level and I know what lag is and I can tell you...this game will lag...it wont be as bad as plasma *shutterS* but it can mess up timing.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well helping alot still does not help the lag. milliseconds are HUGE in a game with timing being KEY for certain characters.

are you blind

YOU WILL HAVE TO PLAY ON LCDS

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
As for the IC thing... Last time I checked IC CG's were basically muscle memory. Aka once you get that first grab you should be able to do the rest with your eyes closed.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Its muscle memory but have even a few frames of lag extends the timing which = mess up because the window isn't that big to begin with. If the TVs are all the same then you will be able to tell what the lag is like and compensate, but you will still mess up more than you would w/out lag because thats what you're used to playing on

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it is muscle memory but when the timming is OFF how are you expected to have that done with a laggy tv

ok its basically like doing a BXR on a plasma tv with an rf cable for the xbox lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That muscle memory timing changes however with input lag. Even something as small/smaller than 4 frames can be enough to change everything.

Dr Grandpa doesn't care he plays as DK. Input lag screws over people who want to CG or infinite him LOL

Wario, Dedede, Falco, IC's, etc.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
good idea Dr Grandpa but at the same time even if you do it does not perfect everything even if you practice the full 2 hours.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Its muscle memory but have even a few frames of lag extends the timing which = mess up because the window isn't that big to begin with. If the TVs are all the same then you will be able to tell what the lag is like and compensate, but you will still mess up more than you would w/out lag because thats what you're used to playing on

Not trying to start a fight with any of you. But what I'm saying is that if you have mained IC in Brawl for long enough the system inputs don't change. So even if the response on the tv isn't that 2 ms that it normally is you should still be able to execute the 0-death CG.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Assuming it's just LCD level lag (Play N Trade anyone?) I guess it's still worth it. No point in not entering...

edit:
Lmao Master Raven copied Seibrik who copied me...just saying.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the point is that most of these people are not like halo kids who are...to be flat honest...rich little white kids from the OC/MW with families who throw money at everything at their WHIM. ( yes most mlg halo kids actually are that white XD )

some of them do not have the money to buy the tv and LEARN the input with the lag and put the time into getting better with laggy tvs JUST for mlg while they can just go to a local tournament and win money there.

CO18

Smash Hero
lets complain about everything to resolve the issue, it will surely work

if u dont wanna go dont, I just know I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom