• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smash players are Lazy. Halo had at least double the passes available and they sold out as soon as they were available. I bet they haven't even sold 30 Brawl Passes yet rofl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Yeah I'll get one for you... in like a week when I get paid"

"Ah yeah I would get a badge, but I only got 40$ and I want Heart Gold/Soul Silver"

"I need gas, crap sorry MLG"

"DMG just said none of us would buy badges that fast. That means we have time to wait around before we rush to get one."

lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hahaha, its all good, you'll prob remember me if you see me sir. Definitely when you play me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He'll be like the only actual Shiek main there lmao. Maybe not if Light goes or some other Florida Shieks decide to go.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ed is going, but more importantly...

any bets on which top players are gonna get left out from not registering fast enough?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hmm lets see

Anti
Atmosk

I say quite a few XD 128 is low but it makes sense...selling out sounds better to sponsors then not :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You know what would be hilarious?

If they actually don't sell out rofl. Like imagine that, at least 28 passes left or something. That would be insane.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'd laugh if they didnt sell out proving the community would rather go to community events more XD

anyways trevor got his pass good stuff

it would be funny if they did sell out and like adhd , mw, tx did not get it so it was like a repeat of SNES where a bunch of scrubs went...imagine

8th place is CH33S3 ( <3 you though dude LOL )

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Smash players are Lazy. Halo had at least double the passes available and they sold out as soon as they were available. I bet they haven't even sold 30 Brawl Passes yet rofl.
Halo is 4 people per team. There have to be more passes.

The money mlg gets from entry fee doesn't even come close to the money they get from their sponsors
qft

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I dont even remember you to be honest =( sorry. my memory is bad
Then you certainly don't remember me, haha. I'm the Falcon main that played you in pools at Viridian 7. I'll be at MLG Orlando showin my moves all day xD

You know what would be hilarious?

If they actually don't sell out rofl. Like imagine that, at least 28 passes left or something. That would be insane.
That would be depressing actually. At least for me.

I'd laugh if they didnt sell out proving the community would rather go to community events more XD

it would be funny if they did sell out and like adhd , mw, tx did not get it so it was like a repeat of SNES where a bunch of scrubs went...imagine

I would sell my ticket to any high ranked player that missed out. Fortunately for me, I don't think any will.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

that is what i'm hoping for XD I want those 200$ to go to the next one

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well, since I'm confirmed I see it's in the spirit of things to declare MM's now. Anybody want to MM Will, Green DK and 6th of York? =P
15$ Against my Green Pikachu?

Now that i'm going, and 100% juice basically going

Whos looking to get twisted

Lee martin where u at
I wanna **** you. 10$? I forget who you play (Snake i think?)

Then you certainly don't remember me, haha. I'm the Falcon main that played you in pools at Viridian 7. I'll be at MLG Orlando showin my moves all day xD
You know you wanna MM my pika with Falcon. 5$?

Jem.

Smash Master
To defend smash -- Halo has always been more popular than any other game in the pro circuit. :p. MLG Meadowlands 09 passes went on sale at 4:00 PM, and 30 seconds after 4 PM they were all sold out. After I clicked to purchase it when it was in my cart at 4:01 PM, they were all sold out, it was ridiculous.

I can't make it to this due to money problems. I'd need $300 to go but I won't expect or ask for it, so i'll be watching on the stream for sure. and of course rooting MOSTLY for my WA homies but i'll root for any of my friends =)

Allied

Smash Master
tbh its not even ur fault jem i want to say this event was poorly planned by MLG i mean this really cuts it short notice for OOR players =(

i wish gears of war was still on the circuit i would love to get some 1v1 shotty mms going @_@

Jem.

Smash Master
I would hope its not my fault.. hahah.

I can understand why they have a 128 cap though.. The main people talking to MLG is SOME of the brawl back room, AlphaZealot, and myself.

Come on guys, if 128 brawl players don't buy passes.. MLG will be very disappointed I imagine. They listened to players vouch saying people will show up if they mainstream our game, and they have presented the opportunity. The more demand for passes if it does sell out, they'll sell more the next event. trust me.

The reason MLG took Melee out of the circuit was because of Melee players, not lhow long they think the game can last. Don't let us get a bad image after 1 event.

I would show up but a few events happened and I had to spend my Orlando money :/ so step it up everyone!!! we got this.

nevershootme

Smash Master
snippets of the rules if you interpret them from the tekken 6 page may apply to brawl.

-You are required to wear MLG gear if you're going to be on the main stage

-no friendlies during the tournament, people who are still in the tourney have priority on friendlies when there are open stations.

-5 minutes late = warning or lose a match, 10 minutes late = lose w/e. somewhere like mage's rule

Jem.

Smash Master
nsm -- I believe the rule is, if you're on main stage you have to be wearing either no companies stuff, (like plain white t i guess?) or an mlg shirt. because otherwise you're promoting other companies on streams they paid for.

i remember in halo there was a team that made it out of open bracket named Walmart or something, and MLG forced them to change it, but the team said they wouldn't so MLG DQ'd them. hahah.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The reason MLG took Melee out of the circuit was because of Melee players, not lhow long they think the game can last.
Jem are you a moron it has been established long ago why MLG took melee out it had NOTHING to do with that it had to do with console exclusivity.

GOD THAT IS SO ANNOYING TO HAVE PEOPLE MISINFORMED.

btw it was Team best buy that had that issue.

Jem.

Smash Master
Jem are you a moron it has been established long ago why MLG took melee out it had NOTHING to do with that it had to do with console exclusivity.

GOD THAT IS SO ANNOYING TO HAVE PEOPLE MISINFORMED.
I can guarantee you that's a direct quote from an MLG Staff member. ;).

and how dare you correct me on something halo related

the point still stands. if MLG can't sell out 128 brawl passes, it will be a disappointment. The point is to support Brawl and MLG. No need to throw out insults.

GET READY FOR THESE KIND OF MOMENTS PEOPLE!!! MLG Atmosphere is amazing :) vv

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/SupahJem/mlgtdwin.jpg

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I can tell you that I heard this from JV/AZ so you really want to go this route with me?

uh cause I know halo cause I played halo CE and was a halo pro years ago lol

Jem.

Smash Master
I can tell you that I heard this from JV/AZ so you really want to go this route with me?

uh cause I know halo cause I played halo CE and was a halo pro years ago lol
oh yeah well i teamed with SK Neighbor and Hysteria for locals and teamed with Neighbor for a brawl tournament! s on that!

<3

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
congrads you played brawl with halo pros...

I played Halo CE as in HALO 1.

Jem I am saying that the reason Melee was taken off was because there was a console exclusivity with microsoft and mlg for years for 360 games only and it was either lose halo or lose melee and they took the SMARTER route and dropped melee but still supported the community.

In the end just because you talked to a ref does not mean you talked to someone important. I can waive my flag around about who I talk to like Nexy in the past, AZ, Jv, Neal, etc but its pointless. I am telling you what I am saying is the correct information and whatever you said which makes no sense to be honest

The reason MLG took Melee out of the circuit was because of Melee players
that makes no sense why would melee players cause the circuit to be removed.

Now I can easily bring up things mlg has done in the past that cause them to have made mistakes with other communities but I wont because I do not want to be infracted xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom