• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Smash Ace
i'd like to meet you but if i was in your position i would probably blow the 400 for the experience, then again this is my first MLG and i dunno if i'd blow 400 to go to something i already went to before LOL

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
doubles is sat night. How Weird. Does any top 16 player need a partner?
me :awesome:

I have housing in the main hotel for anyone who needs it. $25 per person for friday and saturday

Teh Future

Smash Master
imo showing up even though you can't enter would send a great message to the MLG staff (as long as you didnt just act butthurt about it the whole time lol).

not sure if it would be worth it though it would kill me to go to a huge tournament and not be able to enter even though I dont even do well. i'd imagine it would be a lot worse for you.

edit: wow this thread moves fast lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
ESAM says he doesnt wanna fight FL early in bracket(Cuz FL is always bracket Effed) & jokes about hoping sum1 loses

banned for trying to "fix" the bracket
I'm laughing so hard I'm bleeding out of my eyes

SN: Lobos ur sig is jus waaaaaaaaaaaaay 2 funny!!!

O BTW

X or Espy taking this Home 2 All da Sonic Players

Or

ESAM, NickR or Seibrik bringin dis back 2 FL

Or

Lee Martin

In all honesty...

U all will finally see Sonic @ his best
FL's DIFFERENT playing style has a huge advantage against a lot of ppl
Lee Martin is JUST 2 GUD
Ally cud win if he stops sandbagging

Also... wud it help if ppl jus paid 2 help the tourney registration amount cap? I mean I'd honestly rather sacrifice $30 than see Brawl MLG end like this.... If we lose MLG we will NOT havee anything this big coming back 2 Brawl & it will dwindle as a game

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Anybody need a teams partner for this event?
Idc who really, i'm d4ba from TX. Ranked ~10 (at best) on the power rankings.
Shoot me a PM if interested.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Grassroots >>>>> MLG

maybe if MLG didn't ban people for bull****, force us to use laggy TVs, and force us to be seeded like randoms instead of using pools like MLG used to they'd be bigger

the atmosphere is hype and the venues are gdlk, but that's it

Curlz

Smash Lord
Can we still purchase spectator passes online or are all pass purchases closed for MLG?

Also, why is doubles on Saturday night? What's going to be on Sunday if that's the case?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is X going to this?
He said he was going to, but I believe he also recently said he was having transportation issues.
Knowing X and his attendance reputation, it's looking like a 30:70 in favor of him not showing up.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti's Predictions

1. Havok/TKD/ESAM
2. Havok/TKD/ESAM
3. Havok/TKD/ESAM
4. Ally
5. Lee
6. Tyrant
7. Fatal
8. Mikehaze

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Can we still purchase spectator passes online or are all pass purchases closed for MLG?

Also, why is doubles on Saturday night? What's going to be on Sunday if that's the case?
this ^^^

He said he was going to, but I believe he also recently said he was having transportation issues.
Knowing X and his attendance reputation, it's looking like a 30:70 in favor of him not showing up.
i found us a ride!
but now chris be all over money johns i even told him ill cover most of his expenses
sonic boards need to be up in his face with no johns!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i found us a ride!
but now chris be all over money johns i even told him ill cover most of his expenses
sonic boards need to be up in his face with no johns!!!
Why is he money johning when the money issue is pretty much nonexistent?
lol. Silly man.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Pretty sure MLG tournaments are only smaller attendance wise than apex because they are 5 times a year compared to 1 that you get from Apex, Pound, ect.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Does anyone have a room at the Anatole that I can crash at from like 12 PM until 10 PM on Thursday? (And ideally practice)
I gotta fill time until San Antonio gets their carpool to our hotel.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, a lot of GrassRoots (Cata, Airship, Showdown)

were screwed, rescheduled, or canceled cause of MLG.

People are just more likely to go to a tournament where the TO is catering to them, and the TOs work together to space the events out in an affordable way.

Only a small number of people are going to go because the top 8 payouts are huge. This brings in like 40 people expecting to place in the money tops, plus the 20 that would actually fly to watch in person, plus a bunch of local randoms, depending on efficiency of promotion. It does not get the community hyped to actually go to the tourney expecting a good time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom