• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Akuma was beatable if you significantly outplayed your opponent. Akuma was also beatable if you went Akuma yourself.

Try harder.

What separates Akuma from Sagat?

Now you get into REAL discussion lol.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^No I mean I've never heard of any discussion to ban Sagat, yet he's just as dominant as MK is.

Why isn't there a ****ton of discussion about banning Sagat when there's so much discussion about banning MK when they're both equally dominant?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's not as much as MK, but there actually is discussion going on about Sagat/whether he is too good or not. What a lot of people forget is that Street Fighter 4 is even younger than Brawl is. For the Console Release, it's been just less than a year. A year back, discussions of MK were going on. Not as strong as they have been today, but they were certainly there.

Less than a year into the metagame of a game a lot can change/it's past that where correlations become clear and where tier lists/matchups/etc become more accurate. If they banned Sagat this early, you couldn't point to that and say that MK needs to be banned, and same if they decide to keep Sagat you can't say that we need to do this with MK either.

P4, if people were lazy and didn't want to work for their wins, they would WANT the best character in the game to stay. Why ban the easiest/best overall path to victory for yourself instead of use it?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
P4, if people were lazy and didn't want to work for their wins, they would WANT the best character in the game to stay. Why ban the easiest/best overall path to victory for yourself instead of use it?
Because he's gay/cheap :p (I'm joking, if you can't tell (well mostly joking. That mindest does apply to some pro-ban people))

Shows what I know about SF4, though (which is very, very little).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SF4 is fun. Like even with Sagat in the game, it's hard for most people to play it and genuinely say "Man, I didn't have fun".

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I mean for the people that don't want to use MK because he's "cheap".

Take Smoom for example, I tell him to main MK because he wants to win and he's tired of losing with ICs. But he hate MK because Xyro hates MK lol. So he won't use him, but he tells me "I wish MK was banned because he's a big step in my way of winning." Rather than learning to beat MK, he wants him banned because it's the easy way out of the situation.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Isn't Sagat just as dominant in SF4 as MK is? By the looks of the matchup chart he's as good, and apparently he's as dominant. Why isn't he banned?
Because Justin Wong and Daigo don't use him.

Also, in case anyone brings up some bs point about MK being the reason why people quit Brawl, I would like to say that it is not why I quit Brawl. Falco, Diddy, and Wario are all characters who I hate much, much more than I will ever hate MK. Whenever I lost to MK I always though "Oh, I just need to be more careful/not counterpick that stage/etc.". Whenever I lost to Wario, Falco, or Diddy I thought "****ing **** god **** bull**** ***** **** camping *** ***** ***** **** ******** ***** **** *** ***** characters **** **** **** **** ****".

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oi, I don't visit the MK boards much so I apologize ahead of time if this is known :V. Anyways, MK can pick up a banana by double jumping right over it and immediately nairing/uairing. It isn't exactly easy though, and because of that it may be worthless in tourney due to the fact that messing up could mean trip -> get *****. Ah well, the more you know~

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What's easier for me is just falling on it, Z catching it, and then jumping/doing whatever.

Jem.

Smash Master
short hop z catch is your best option. but you have to remember diddy can catch it right back with z, so you have to be smart with your banana. you can z drop it and fast fall and z catch it again before it hits the ground. not really effective, but fun i suppose.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I mean for the people that don't want to use MK because he's "cheap".

Take Smoom for example, I tell him to main MK because he wants to win and he's tired of losing with ICs. But he hate MK because Xyro hates MK lol. So he won't use him, but he tells me "I wish MK was banned because he's a big step in my way of winning." Rather than learning to beat MK, he wants him banned because it's the easy way out of the situation.
I told you that it's half Xyro, and half the fact that Xyro makes GOOD statements. If someone else made those statements, it'd be half Xyro, half other person. And I do study the match up. I'm not THAT pro-ban. Personally, I don't think it's gonna work. I love playing Metas, but they gimp the heck out of us sometimes.

namesearchisfun

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
how does applying to colleges and stuff work in the states,you guys already sent in your applications or do yall apply at diff times

j.w compared to canada..i got into 1 school so far =p

Jem.

Smash Master
You basically just send out a wave of applications to your favorite schools. you can find out where you're attending as early as the late point of your junior year if im not mistaken.

i love mk

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i got my yellow name back. People cant prank me because im a premium member right? I want yellow to match my kirby

Underload

Lazy
MK's a pretty cool guy. I picked him up a few days ago officially. Not one of those "I might secondary him if I keep interest" situations, but I'm playing him with the intention to get good enough to play him in tourney. Why? A couple of guys I've just seen around randomly on the boards and irl. For example, there were some little tips Affinity was randomly giving out at a tourney to people at a tourney I went to. They weren't even directed toward me, I was just eavesdropping at the right place and at the right time :p. But anyway, somehow those tips stuck with me and they're helping with the initial learning curve. I just wish I heard more of them, assuming there were more.

Also, I kinda like RedHalberd's "**** tierwhoring" mentality, where he just uses whichever characters he wants / needs to in order to win, while still keeping his predispositions at the forefront (I don't want to stray away from the Snake boards, those guys are extremely chill). I've always had some sort of strange guilt whenever I use Snake, because he's good. I know, stupid. But now I'm trying to get rid of that.

But on a more serious tone, it's mostly matchups I can't stand with Snake that brought me here. I'mma be asking TONS about those matchups, and things I want to know about MK in here, I hope you don't mind.

</minibio>

Turazrok

Smash Master
MK's a pretty cool guy. I picked him up a few days ago officially. Not one of those "I might secondary him if I keep interest" situations, but I'm playing him with the intention to get good enough to play him in tourney. Why? A couple of guys I've just seen around randomly on the boards and irl. For example, there were some little tips Affinity was randomly giving out at a tourney to people at a tourney I went to. They weren't even directed toward me, I was just eavesdropping at the right place and at the right time :p. But anyway, somehow those tips stuck with me and they're helping with the initial learning curve. I just wish I heard more of them, assuming there were more.

Also, I kinda like RedHalberd's "**** tierwhoring" mentality, where he just uses whichever characters he wants / needs to in order to win, while still keeping his predispositions at the forefront (I don't want to stray away from the Snake boards, those guys are extremely chill). I've always had some sort of strange guilt whenever I use Snake, because he's good. I know, stupid. But now I'm trying to get rid of that.

But on a more serious tone, it's mostly matchups I can't stand with Snake that brought me here. I'mma be asking TONS about those matchups, and things I want to know about MK in here, I hope you don't mind.

</minibio>
Wtf UL. Tier queer.

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol underload is becoming like me, play MK to win and still mostly post on snake boards

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can prank yourself.

inb4WHATHASDMGDONE...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You can prank yourself.

inb4WHATHASDMGDONE...
>_____________________>
No **** Sherlock.

She asked a bunch of times if she could get pranked because she didn't want to, in order to keep her yellow name to match her Kirby avy.

Gawd.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe she changed her mind and made it pink to match the Pink Metaknight pics she posts everywhere.

etecoon

Smash Hero
You know it, etecoon. Your avatar is throwing me off, though. I miss your Super Metroid dude.
I'd change it back but I deleted the original pic and don't feel like MSPainting it from a game screenshot to 100x100 again, so for now I'm sticking with the DBZ fad <_<

Top Bottom