• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=53130

see mai comment?

samboner
: do you have a lot of ****
: in your museum
SniperNightOwl
: yes
: i caught
: a misquetio
: or wutever
: im dum
: i cant spell anything
: i only get good grades
samboner
: lmao
SniperNightOwl
: on papers
samboner
: idk how to spell thta
: that*
: im dumb
SniperNightOwl
: because i have spell check
: mosequito
: thats probly wrong
samboner
: wtf
SniperNightOwl
: i hope they dont do spelling tests anymore in elementary school
samboner
: your aim has spell chat
SniperNightOwl
: it does?
: no
samboner
: oh
: i thought you said it did
SniperNightOwl
: but
: if i have a kid
: and they fail a spelling test
: ill be like
: "dont worry we have computers for dat ****"
: "ur teacher is dum giving it to you"
samboner
: hahahhaa
samboner
: i love spelling tests
SniperNightOwl
: i was good
: but i forgot everything
: i cant spell like
: tynanol
: tylenol
: ****
samboner
: wtf is that
: wow
SniperNightOwl
: see
samboner
: you were way off
: lmao
SniperNightOwl
: i spell it so wrong
: u dont even kno
samboner
: tylenol is easy
SniperNightOwl
: what the **** i was saying
samboner
: wait
: did i spell it right?
: o.O
: tylenol
SniperNightOwl
: thats why my 3.67 went to a 3.57
: im dum as **** man
samboner
: no
: its because those glasses
SniperNightOwl
: i only get good grades
samboner
: ****
: classes*
: about men
: and whatnot
SniperNightOwl
: because i sleep with my proffesors
: even my female ones
samboner
: LOL
SniperNightOwl
: and im so bad at sex
: they still dont give me an A
samboner
: im cracking up
SniperNightOwl
: i just get B+ average
: maybe A-
: i think 3.57 is B+
samboner
: thats still
: really good >.>
SniperNightOwl
: well
: for putting out
samboner
: LMAO
SniperNightOwl
: and doing all kinds of sexual favors
: thats actually pretty bad
SniperNightOwl
: i should have a 4.0
samboner
: HAHAHHA

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
anyone got tips for mk vs lucario?. i beat zucco and should have beat ksizzle lucario but i struggled and had literally no idea what to do. I dont really know how to approach him since shield grabbing him is hard and getting him off the stage just seems absurd if he rolls around right....ug someone help?
I smell karma for being drunk and probably trolling with that false uthrow string (which doesn't even give you 28%) lolol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mosquito.

That is how it is spelled. Jeez lmao.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know right? ****ing air force and their spy satellite bull**** replacing spy planes.

At least it's still used for field tests for RAMJet and SCRAMJet engines hypersonic ****, amirite?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I know right? ****ing air force and their spy satellite bull**** replacing spy planes.

At least it's still used for field tests for RAMJet and SCRAMJet engines hypersonic ****, amirite?
yezzir. It's too cool to be gone forever, haha
SR71 is the reason why I play black MK, actually. His glide and speed just remind me of it so I picked him. too bad his aerial mobility is LOLCRAP

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The Halberd does kind of look like an SR-71 only less awesome I guess.

And generally speaking, ramjet engines function most efficiently at Mach 3 and their efficiency is LOLCRAP before that. The SR-71's engine, the Pratt J-58, isn't a pure ramjet but it has ramjet elements in it which makes it efficient at very high speeds and also enable it to run on afterburner. I think the J-58 on the SR-71 and thrust vectoring on the Harrier and the F-35 are probably the biggest advances in jet engine technology to date (aside from the obvious invention of the computer). I also like the swept-forward wings of the Su-47, but that's not really engine technology and it's inefficient at high speeds.

tl;dr, the SR-71 is every aeronautical engineer's wet dream.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
The Halberd does kind of look like an SR-71 only less awesome I guess.

And generally speaking, ramjet engines function most efficiently at Mach 3 and their efficiency is LOLCRAP before that. The SR-71's engine, the Pratt J-58, isn't a pure ramjet but it has ramjet elements in it which makes it efficient at very high speeds and also enable it to run on afterburner. I think the J-58 on the SR-71 and thrust vectoring on the Harrier and the F-35 are probably the biggest advances in jet engine technology to date (aside from the obvious invention of the computer). I also like the swept-forward wings of the Su-47, but that's not really engine technology and it's inefficient at high speeds.

tl;dr, the SR-71 is every aeronautical engineer's wet dream.
If the swept forward wings of the Su-47 aren't efficient, why did they put them on there o_O
Also, explain to me more about this..ramjet.. I'm a n00b wannabe pilot.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why is this thread called "REDHABERD SHALL RULE FOREVER"? I think it needs to be renamed "SNO SHALL RULE FOREVER".

Seems to fit better if you ask me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
10SuperRedHalberd's

Did you know Halberd, otherwise known as a Halbert, is a two-handed pole weapon that is still used today by the Swiss Guards?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
10SuperRedHalberd's

Did you know Halberd, otherwise known as a Halbert, is a two-handed pole weapon that is still used today by the Swiss Guards?
I knew it was a pole arm thingy in the game Fire Emblem, but I never knew Swiss Guards used them.

I learned something.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey it's not my fault that guards who look like they protect Candy Land just happen to carry Halberds around lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If the swept forward wings of the Su-47 aren't efficient, why did they put them on there o_O
They're inefficient at supersonic speeds, but at subsonic and transonic speeds it give the aircraft a lot more maneuverability and stability and it's very agile in a dogfight. They also give it a better lift to drag ratio and aspect ratio and thus more range, and it has shorter takeoff and landing criteria which, though not as useful as a VTOL aircraft, is still pretty good for carrier purposes. The wing configuration also means that you can put the wings further back on the fuselage which gives the pilot more cockpit room. It also has thrust vectoring which makes it even more maneuverable, almost as much as a helicopter. The cost of this is that it's very, very slow, with a top speed of Mach 1.6. Obviously this is lowballing it since it's never a good idea for a country's military to post just how fast their planes really are (rumor has it that the SR-71 is capable of far more than just Mach 3.2), but still, with swept-forward wings you can only go so fast. The stability of the wings themselves is also hard to maintain without the use of composite materials, so it is a bit pricey.

Also, explain to me more about this..ramjet.. I'm a n00b wannabe pilot.
A ramjet isn't necessarily something you need to worry about as a pilot, but it's a very interesting topic for mechanical and aeronautical engineers. A ramjet engine is a semi-theoretical (and by that I mean there are prototypes but nothing perfected) engine that is designed to provide very high levels of propulsion by using the aircraft's own momentum to propel air through it instead of using a fan. This means that it is one of an extremely small number of engines that has NO MOVING PARTS, which makes it a mechanical engineer's wet dream. No moving parts drastically reduces the amount of energy lost in the engine and maximizes its performance. The engine starts out by compressing the air in its intake to a subsonic speed, then injecting the fuel to get the reaction that propels the engine going. The result is phenomenal...at extremely high speeds. Because the ramjet engine uses the planes own forward momentum to create the reaction needed to produce thrust, if the plan has is standing still, the engine won't produce the energy needed to light a cigarette. Ramjet engines need for the aircraft to be in the supersonic regime to even start, but when they do the payoff is huge, as they are capable of hypersonic speeds (Mach 5+). Because of these requirements, they are usually only used for air-to-air or air-to-ground missiles since most of the aircraft that carry such missiles can easily reach the requisite Mach number for these to work properly. There are also concerns about the heat generated by ramjet engines being potentially dangerous and the fact that it seems unlikely for any human to have reflexes good enough to operate an aircraft at hypersonic speeds. Scramjet engines are essentially the same as ramjet engines only instead of slowing the air down to subsonic speeds before igniting it, it combusts fuel when the air is at supersonic speeds.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Please, Help Us Battle The Evils Of Candy Land! I Beg Of You

Sure, Lolz

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"The uniform weighs 8 pounds (4 kg), and may be the heaviest uniform in use by any standing army today. The Renaissance style makes them one of the most complicated to construct. A single uniform requires 154 pieces and takes nearly 32 hours and 3 fittings to complete."

Gates

Banned via Warnings
you know what else weighs 8 pounds...

an 8 pound medicine ball I bought today for exercise.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
They're inefficient at supersonic speeds, but at subsonic and transonic speeds it give the aircraft a lot more maneuverability and stability and it's very agile in a dogfight. They also give it a better lift to drag ratio and aspect ratio and thus more range, and it has shorter takeoff and landing criteria which, though not as useful as a VTOL aircraft, is still pretty good for carrier purposes. The wing configuration also means that you can put the wings further back on the fuselage which gives the pilot more cockpit room. It also has thrust vectoring which makes it even more maneuverable, almost as much as a helicopter. The cost of this is that it's very, very slow, with a top speed of Mach 1.6. Obviously this is lowballing it since it's never a good idea for a country's military to post just how fast their planes really are (rumor has it that the SR-71 is capable of far more than just Mach 3.2), but still, with swept-forward wings you can only go so fast. The stability of the wings themselves is also hard to maintain without the use of composite materials, so it is a bit pricey.

A ramjet isn't necessarily something you need to worry about as a pilot, but it's a very interesting topic for mechanical and aeronautical engineers. A ramjet engine is a semi-theoretical (and by that I mean there are prototypes but nothing perfected) engine that is designed to provide very high levels of propulsion by using the aircraft's own momentum to propel air through it instead of using a fan. This means that it is one of an extremely small number of engines that has NO MOVING PARTS, which makes it a mechanical engineer's wet dream. No moving parts drastically reduces the amount of energy lost in the engine and maximizes its performance. The engine starts out by compressing the air in its intake to a subsonic speed, then injecting the fuel to get the reaction that propels the engine going. The result is phenomenal...at extremely high speeds. Because the ramjet engine uses the planes own forward momentum to create the reaction needed to produce thrust, if the plan has is standing still, the engine won't produce the energy needed to light a cigarette. Ramjet engines need for the aircraft to be in the supersonic regime to even start, but when they do the payoff is huge, as they are capable of hypersonic speeds (Mach 5+). Because of these requirements, they are usually only used for air-to-air or air-to-ground missiles since most of the aircraft that carry such missiles can easily reach the requisite Mach number for these to work properly. There are also concerns about the heat generated by ramjet engines being potentially dangerous and the fact that it seems unlikely for any human to have reflexes good enough to operate an aircraft at hypersonic speeds. Scramjet engines are essentially the same as ramjet engines only instead of slowing the air down to subsonic speeds before igniting it, it combusts fuel when the air is at supersonic speeds.
That's really incredible.. Mach 5 WTF. Where did you learn all this? I must know.

And that king kandy looks like he would break MK in half

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well a lot of it was actually wikipedia lol but I was at Purdue studying Aeronautical Engineering for my first 2 years of college before I stopped and cam back to MI (for lots of reasons). From my professors, various grad seminars they had (usually 2 per week or so, and free pizza!), and talking to people in the aero industry at job fairs (I've had cool convos with people from companies like Northrop Gumman, NavAir, Pratt & Whitney, Aurora Flight Sciences, and many more at job fairs) So I know a good deal about the aero industry.

Purdue has a great Aviation Technology school btw and good USAF and Navy ROTCs, so if you want to be a pilot and can afford to go out of state, Purdue would be worth looking into. You should know that they only play Melee there though lol. Boiler up.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well a lot of it was actually wikipedia lol but I was at Purdue studying Aeronautical Engineering for my first 2 years of college before I stopped and cam back to MI (for lots of reasons). From my professors, various grad seminars they had (usually 2 per week or so, and free pizza!), and talking to people in the aero industry at job fairs (I've had cool convos with people from companies like Northrop Gumman, NavAir, Pratt & Whitney, Aurora Flight Sciences, and many more at job fairs) So I know a good deal about the aero industry.

Purdue has a great Aviation Technology school btw and good USAF and Navy ROTCs, so if you want to be a pilot and can afford to go out of state, Purdue would be worth looking into. You should know that they only play Melee there though lol. Boiler up.
I don't know if I even have enough money to go there, so I was looking for toward the ROTC path/ marine thingy. I'm soooo lost lol.

And I love Melee!; But I love brawl too D:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
financial aid lolz.

THere are good aero schools in MDVA too though. In fact, a lot of the companies have offices there so they're close to the D.O.D.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
financial aid lolz.

THere are good aero schools in MDVA too though. In fact, a lot of the companies have offices there so they're close to the D.O.D.
Well that's really good to know.. Idk anything about getting monei helpz though.
What's DOD?

@DMG: OMG YOU KEPT MY PIC THINGY LMAO

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have it on my AIB lol. I was like "HEY, LET'S MAKE KING WARIO TAKING SOMEONE TO BRINSTAR INTERESTING!"

Top Bottom