• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Slow your roll rager McGee

You asked, that's all there is to it. Learn how to beat Snake. I didn't say he wasn't good or anything, but obviously you don't know how to beat Snake, so learn the MU.

>_>

swordgard

Smash Hero
Slow your roll rager McGee

You asked, that's all there is to it. Learn how to beat Snake. I didn't say he wasn't good or anything, but obviously you don't know how to beat Snake, so learn the MU.

>_>
This.

MK beats snake, learn the mu.

Exdeath

Smash Master
**** you, he's really ****ing good. >.> Anyways I lost grand finals... Still, solid placing. :)
If you're beating someone's MK and losing to their Snake, then the problem is probably one or more of the following:

-You are better than him and have a Snake problem
-He is better than you and has a Meta Knight ditto problem
-His Snake is genuinely better than his Meta Knight

Yeah, MK beats snake alright. I mean...there's a reason Ally doesn't play as much snake anymore. xD
Laziness? :awesome:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So what were the results for Hobo yesterday?

@Xdeath: That's the thing people fail to see in general, those are all good reasons lol

Hey guys I'm trying to get on contact with more smashers in general, can you guys add me on twitter?

www.twitter.com/HavokTES

Staco

Smash Champion
Akumas Snake is better than his MK.
I wouldnt say Snake is unable to beat MK on top level, I remember Razer pulling a pretty nice 2-0 on M2K at Pound, which sadly didn´t get recorded. :s
M2K has just become too good vs. Allys Snake.

NNID
Budget_Player
If you're beating someone's MK and losing to their Snake, then the problem is probably one or more of the following:

-You are better than him and have a Snake problem
-He is better than you and has a Meta Knight ditto problem
-His Snake is genuinely better than his Meta Knight
I'm guessing the third option.

Akumas Snake is better than his MK.
I wouldnt say Snake is unable to beat MK on top level, I remember Razer pulling a pretty nice 2-0 on M2K at Pound, which sadly didn´t get recorded. :s
M2K has just become too good vs. Allys Snake.
Yeah, this.
But seriously, he makes it really hard to get in on him, and the matchup becomes a lot harder for me the moment people figure out "okay, cypher at this height and distance is suicide, I have to C4 jump even though I'm not 100% dead yet". In grand finals he just started trolling, though... Damn I should've beaten his diddy. :( I just got angry and careless, and that cost me the match.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You have to turtle Snake and poke at him, basically chip him and wait for him to make one mistake then punish him hard for it by juggling him for a lot of damage.

I never go for the Up-B kill on Snake anymore in tourney when he's out on his cypher if I have a doubt in my mind about it or I'm desperate. There's just so much risk, you can SD for one or end up letting him back on stage for free when he could have eaten tons of damage.

Rolling behind Snake is really ****ing good too, Snakes get scared when you do that and you put him in a bad postion once you're behind him.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You have to turtle Snake and poke at him, basically chip him and wait for him to make one mistake then punish him hard for it by juggling him for a lot of damage.

I never go for the Up-B kill on Snake anymore in tourney when he's out on his cypher if I have a doubt in my mind about it or I'm desperate. There's just so much risk, you can SD for one or end up letting him back on stage for free when he could have eaten tons of damage.

Rolling behind Snake is really ****ing good too, Snakes get scared when you do that and you put him in a bad postion once you're behind him.
It's a good idea to practice Up-Bing and learn where you can recover so that you can Up-B off-stage without the risk of SDing. It still covers an enormous area (like 2/3 of the area off-stage and above the ledge).

I've started taking the Seibrik approach in this match-up, which is basically floating outside of his zone and waiting for him to either make a mistake or leave himself open and only approach with a read. I've also noticed that it's much less frustrating to do that than to try and pressure him only to take huge damage a la Diddy. I've started to feeli like the Snake and Diddy MUs are similar.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It's not that I don't know how or where to Up-B Snake, I have plenty of practice. The thing is it's just a high risk/reward factor I don't use too often, only when I need to or I know I can land it

Exdeath

Smash Master
It's not that I don't know how or where to Up-B Snake, I have plenty of practice. The thing is it's just a high risk/reward factor I don't use too often, only when I need to or I know I can land it
What I was saying is that it should be low to medium reward if you practice it, not high risk. I understand what you're trying to say, but watch M2K playing friendlies (not serious matches) to see what I mean about that.

The reason that going for aerial Up-B can be bad (assuming that you're canceling it properly) is that you almost totally lose stage control if it misses.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I stated the stage control loss in my previous post, that's also factored into the high risk portion
The way that you phrased it led me to believe that you were referring to a neutral position/sacrificing a juggle, not allowing Snake to have a dominant stage position.

It's obvious a case of difference of opinion in this case, but I don't equate missed opportunity with an increase in risk, because that would be like saying that Dtilt is a medium or high risk move because you're risking not Fsmashing someone by choosing Dtilt instead.

Staco

Smash Champion
I'm also sometimes not using air Up B in tourney, when I should use it vs. the cypher.
You can lose matches, because of not taking that opportunity.
The risk is pretty low, if you don´t mess it up really really bad.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Same concept, jk snake be free.

Okay...so someone told me about this potato place in texas that delivers hot baked potatos, and will put almost anything on them. O_O oh...my...god...pulled pork on a baked potato with butter and cheese....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
We have something like that here. Is called -something- Këebab (although they do not have any true keebab LMAO)

A potato with virtually everything on top.... DAYUUUUUM

Top Bottom