• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Meh, they let anyone in these days.

I'm trying to think of who a good punishment character is in BlazBlue but really they all can be. Lambda, Mu, and Hazama can punish from full screen, Litchi, Hakumen, and Valkenhayn can punish from mid-screen, Tager can punish from any range if he has Spark Bolt, Carl can punish at a variety of ranges depending on where Nirvana is, Arakune can punish with things that build curse meter, and everyone else can punish extremely well at close range. The only character who can't punish well is Rachel, and she can't do anything well in CS lol.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i should make a post about u posting your real boobs but then thats too clique

afk

Kaffei

Smash Hero
A clique is a group of people; a cliche is something that is trite... Right?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
id also like to point out thats why focus band is banned, but not in official tournies =/

NNID
Budget_Player
Finally got my USB loader up and running and set up Metroid Prime 3.

Wow that got old fast. The control scheme is ****ing HORRIBLE. It's really, really hard to play. Yes, I know, 1-1 motion control should be nice. But I'm used to the slick, simply methods of Metroid Prime 1 & 2. ;_; The visor change is awful, I can't bring up a pause menu at all, and I can't aim worth whit with this crappy wiimote. :(

Also when does MvC3 come out and is it worth getting TvC in the meanwhile (free obv)?

NNID
Budget_Player
dw , MP3 gets more and more playable after a while
THAT'S good to know. God, can't even hit when locked on half the time.

March next year.

If it's free, sure, but getting MvC2 would be better since MvC3's system is more similar to MvC2 than TvC.
If I can find a working iso for it for wii I will check it out, but I hear it's horribly unbalanced... Thanks. :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If I can find a working iso for it for wii I will check it out, but I hear it's horribly unbalanced... Thanks. :)
1. Brawl is more unbalanced and you still play that pile of ****.

2. It really isn't as unbalanced as people say. A very large majority of teams use one of the top 4, but there at least 10 characters that can go toe-to-toe with them, and even more (I'd say about 10 to 12) that have various other strong attributes (good assists, good DHCs, other cool tricks, etc.).

3. There's also the fact that there's 56 characters in the game so of course half of them are going to be unusable. The larger a game is, the more amplified the differences in balance become. Look at Smash64 and how there was so little difference in balance that, if a person was skilled enough, they could easily beat Pikachu or Kirby with someone like Luigi or Samus. But because Brawl has over 3 times the number of characters, beating Metaknight with Ganondorf is unheard of. Similarly, in MvC2 beating one of the top tier teams like MSS (Magneto-A/Storm-A/Sentinel-A) with a team of Spiderman/Thanos/Zangief is laughable and rarely ever happens.

4. The only real reason why TvC is so much more balanced than MvC2 is because every character has basically the same combos and attributes. It's always magic series into something. No multi-directional airdashes, no snapbacks except for giants and Alex, no flight, super easy bursts...you can play just about any team in TvC and be successful with it. The only character that really stands out is Zero since he's the best at doing magic series combos. This sounds like fun but it can actually be quite boring since once you've learned Ryu's basic combos you'll realize they're remarkably similar to the combos of Jun, Chun, Yatterman, Polimar, Karas, Megaman, etc. It's proof of the old adage that character balance only happens when all the characters are basically the same. The game is less like MvC2 and more like Guilty Gear.

There's a lot of ignorance in that last part and I admit that everything I've concluded about TvC has been from watching it and not from playing it. Basically the TvC vs MvC2 argument boils down to do you want a balanced game (Look at the top 8 of the EVO 2010 TvC event - a ton of characters got well represented, even a few who the community generally agrees are bad like Viewtiful Joe and PTX) where everyone is kind of same-y (TVC Team archtypes are like "Good at zoning (teams that use Ryu, Morrigan, Yatterman-1, etc.)" and "Bad at zoning (Teams that sacrifice zoning ability to be more aggressive like with Zero or Chun-Li)", not very different overall), or do you want an unbalanced game (Every team at the MvC2 EVO 2010 top8 used Sentinel, Storm, or both) where there's a lot of variety in teams (MvC2 archetypes generally boil down to "Aggressive", "Defensive", "DHC", and "Trap", but there are a lot of sub-archetypes - For rushdown do you primarily use Magneto, Storm, Iron Man, or some combination of them? For defensive play, what assists do you use to control space the most? For DHC teams, which DHCs do you use and how do you build meter? For trap teams, do you use an aggressive trap team like Clockw0rk (Strider-B/Sentinel-Y/Dr. Doom-B) or a defensive trap team like Duc (Spiral-A/Sentinel-Y/Cable-B)? All these variables contribute to depth).

tl;dr Get MvC2. The lack of balance won't stop you from enjoying the game.

BPC buy TvC, it's a **** good game.
He's not buying it, he's stealing it with the hax.

For reference, here's the list of characters that are competitively viable in MvC2 according to me:

The Big 4 - The best characters in the game by far.
Sentinel
Storm
Magneto
Cable

Other Good Characters - Can go toe-to-toe with the Big 4
Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Dr. Doom
Strider
Spiral
Blackheart
Psylocke
Blackheart
Juggernaut
BB Hood

Other Notable Characters - Can't take on The Big 4 directly but have other redeeming attributes
Captain Commando
Tron Bonne
Dhalsim
Anarkis
Cammy
Colossus
Gambit
Iceman
Adamantium Wolverine
Bone Wolverine
Ken
Chun-Li

That's 26 useable characters out of 56, almost half the cast, who are very useable. Just because you can't use Dan, Servbot, or Roll in competitive play doesn't mean that the game is unbalanced to the point of being unplayable.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i was also thinking about picking up TvC, whats the tier list looks for that? out of simple curiosity

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There is no TvC tier list bacause the community is smaller than most other fighting games and also less organized. The tier list basically looks like:

Top Tier: Zero
Mid Tier: Everyone else
Low Tier: Viewtiful Joe, PTX, Gold Lightan

There's also this assist tier list but it's pretty old and its accuracy is debatable.

Also, in my MvC2 analysis, it seems that I forgot to mention the most important part of MvC2...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ga9Jvdw9U
IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!

lilseph

Smash Ace
tekkmen and tekkmen blade are really high up on the tier list IIRC. I think top tier.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ryu is top tier as well

I don't see how Zero is though, his HP is the worst or second worst in the game and his damage output is average

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC buy TvC, it's a **** good game.
HAHAHAHA BUY HAHAHAHAHA

1. Brawl is more unbalanced and you still play that pile of ****.

2. It really isn't as unbalanced as people say. A very large majority of teams use one of the top 4, but there at least 10 characters that can go toe-to-toe with them, and even more (I'd say about 10 to 12) that have various other strong attributes (good assists, good DHCs, other cool tricks, etc.).

3. There's also the fact that there's 56 characters in the game so of course half of them are going to be unusable. The larger a game is, the more amplified the differences in balance become. Look at Smash64 and how there was so little difference in balance that, if a person was skilled enough, they could easily beat Pikachu or Kirby with someone like Luigi or Samus. But because Brawl has over 3 times the number of characters, beating Metaknight with Ganondorf is unheard of. Similarly, in MvC2 beating one of the top tier teams like MSS (Magneto-A/Storm-A/Sentinel-A) with a team of Spiderman/Thanos/Zangief is laughable and rarely ever happens.

4. The only real reason why TvC is so much more balanced than MvC2 is because every character has basically the same combos and attributes. It's always magic series into something. No multi-directional airdashes, no snapbacks except for giants and Alex, no flight, super easy bursts...you can play just about any team in TvC and be successful with it. The only character that really stands out is Zero since he's the best at doing magic series combos. This sounds like fun but it can actually be quite boring since once you've learned Ryu's basic combos you'll realize they're remarkably similar to the combos of Jun, Chun, Yatterman, Polimar, Karas, Megaman, etc. It's proof of the old adage that character balance only happens when all the characters are basically the same. The game is less like MvC2 and more like Guilty Gear.
K. and MvC2 is also for wii? I'll look into it.

Umm... thanks. :D Also that reminds me I have GOT to get Guilty Gear. :laugh:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MvC2 hasn't officially been ported to Wii but if you look hard enough you may find a port of it still. I mean technically a lot of things have showed up on homebrew before Virtual Console.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ryu is top tier as well

I don't see how Zero is though, his HP is the worst or second worst in the game and his damage output is average
from what i remember seeing at evos tournament its basically he can pretty much **** n CQC pretty hard

Suspect

Smash Hero
MvC2 hasn't officially been ported to Wii but if you look hard enough you may find a port of it still. I mean technically a lot of things have showed up on homebrew before Virtual Console.
would of been better off just saying "no"

Top Bottom