• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
added you on xbox live

i use dudley, thinking about rufus/viper

im using a default controller for the xbox and i hate using it imo
I'd make a joke about Marn but you wouldn't get it.

Rufus and Viper are not good beginner characters. Rufus' BnB has 2 one frame links in a row and Viper is all about Super Jump cancels and stuff.

I don't know much about Dudley butI assume he's not ad bad as those two. All I really know about Dudley is that he has a really good Super with lots of combos into it, so don't use your meter on EX moves. He's also got a bunch of combos into his Ultra 2, but you very rarely get the full damage from it. Ultra 1 might be a better Ultra to choose while you're learning him since you can use it to punish fireballs and other stuff. Cross-Counter on wakeup is a good move against scrubs but they'll probably catch on quick and good players will expect it from you.

You should try out Rufus eventually though. His combos into Ultra 1 are pretty easy and his Ultra 2 is good for punishing fireballs (but don't use it against everyone like Justin Wong does because then you'll lose to Adon players). He's also fat and I know you like playing fat characters.

do i need a stick for him?
Probably yes. At the very least you'll probably need a stick if you want to pick up Viper.

Mugen

Man, that build of The King really sucks. He's got a Sentinel size hitbox without Sentinel's damage, mobility, range, or anything else. Who the **** programmed that? They need to be sent to scrub all the floors in Hyrule.

So? BP don't mean ****. A lot of pro players have like 0 BP because they'd rather play good offline players.

Dina, think of it this way:

IRL SF:Online SF::IRL Pokemon tourneys:Shoddybattle

Also,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHLP2lC70s

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Which is why I stopped posting in here cus I never know what they are talking about

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
@gates,

ive had enough exp in brawl to help supplement me in pretty much any fighter game. But i need to rly wait for my stick if im gonna try any 1 frame 2 frame links moves for sure...

ive already started training mode with dudley and i'll try viper/rufus today. I feel really good about playing Dudley though. I tried out his super and it is REALLY good. According to some MUs his U2 is better for certain MUs over U1. While the U1 is better for other kinds of MUs. Already looked up some of the information and frame data on SSF4 esk websites including SRK.

I really hope i can pick up rufus because he counters Dudleys bad MUs and reminds me alot of DDD XD

you'll have to tell me more about what to do on wake ups. Or how they work i need help understanding that and maybe terminology.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ive had enough exp in brawl to help supplement me in pretty much any fighter game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

you'll have to tell me more about what to do on wake ups.
Well, every character has the option to either backdash or block on wakeup but these don't always work and should only be used if you have bad reversals.

Dudley has two good options on reversals - HP Jet Upper and Cross Counter. Cross Counter has a faster startup than HP Jet Upper (3 frames compared to 4 frames) and is probably a better option because of that. The downside to that, though, is that opponents will catch on and eventually just do something that you won't be able to counter like a fireball or a throw. Because of this you want to use HP Jet Uppercut more against good players, even though a 4 frame reversal is fairly easy to safe jump.

Viper doesn't really have any good options that I know of. HP Thunder Knuckle is her fastest special move but it has a 7 frame startup which is enough time for your opponent to block, eat a sandwich, and then punish. You're probably better off backdashing.

If you look at Rufus' reversals on paper you'll think "Wow, he has really terrible options - 6 frame Snake Strike that's super punishable and super easy to safe jump and it just gets worse from there." But as it was written in the Bible:
Capcom said:
And so Rufus was again stricken down by his enemies and as he rose to retaliate, he was met with a meaty crossup and defeated. "Woe is me," cried Rufus, "For surely The Lord has forsaken me to have deplorable defensive options." "Fear not," boomed The Lord's voice from a burning popcorn tub, "For your EX Messiah Kick is blessed so that no man may touch you within 16 frames of activating it. You may walk through fire, thunder, and oil, but nothing shall bring you harm my child. If thou has sufficient meter, you may also useth thine focus attack and a dash to cancel thy lightest of follow ups into thy extraterrestrial symphonic opera." And so the lord spoke and vanished, and Rufus would use this blessing to his gain many times, praising the lord infinitely.
tl;dr EX Messiah Kick is the best wake-up move in the game. It's startup seems long but he's invincible for days. If you have 3 super bars you can EX Messiah Kick, LK Followup, FADC, Ultra 1 for easy damage. Be careful though because it gives you a big frame disadvantage on block. Oh, and you can also use Ultra 2 on wakeup but it's usually a really bad idea that will cost you a ton of meter.

Also, Juicebox plays Juri now?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Juicebox's dances are hilarious.

I can't find the one of him doing Space Opera Symphony at Norcal Regionals though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You need the full audio.
i have it but it doesnt go with the clip so i had to cut stuff

edit: removed the vid cuz i dont want to get copyrighted... i dont trust youtube i just wanted to show a few people if u missed it ur too slow

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You re-cut both of them anyway which was totally pointless.

Yes Yes is 30 seconds and so is the important part of Wombo Combo. They could have synced fine.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
@gates, dont hate ***

k@ wake up stuff

i tried playing rufus/viper. rufus felt easier to handle and viper was pretty hard. Duds still feels easiest for me

i kno about the IF on EX messiah

yes he was kicking *** with her last night

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i was looking at blazblue characters and um.... they all look really lame, like they all came from a really bad fluffy anime. The only one i liked was that cyborg chick, but i dont think she is even in the current game.

Gates please correct me if im wrong. Do u know who im talking about?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're probably talking about Nu who was renamed Lambda in BlazBlue Continuum Shift. It has to do with the story and they basically play the same so there's really no difference.

And it's a Japanese game, of course they look like anime characters. Did you expect them to look like this?

Oh, and before you call BlazBlue an anime game, look at the concept art for SF3.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah Lambda thats her. i heard she got nerfed does she suck now? she the only character who id want to use

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i dont rly like blazblu imo
Have you played it?

If so, that's your opinion then.

If not, you should play things before you disregard them. That's like me saying I hate MeltyBlood even though I've never played it. It's unfair to judge a fighting game if you're not familiar with the basics of how it plays.

is that the one with bison ****ing rose yea it was wack
...what?

Actually Bison wasn't in the SF3 series at all...which is probably why you haven't heard of it.

yeah Lambda thats her. i heard she got nerfed does she suck now? she the only character who id want to use
Lambda definitely doesn't suck. She's not as good defensively as she was before but offensively she's gained a lot more tools and her combos haven't really changed much. The only things they really nerfed were her damage and some of her gatlings (like 5DD into 4DD). She's not as broken as Nu but she's by no means a bad character. She also has a corner loop.

A big reason why Lambda kind of suffers in CS is because several of her bad matchups are high tier characters, namely Bang. Against aggressive close range characters, her gameplan is usually to zone with her swords. However, Bang's multiple airdashes make his movement kind of unpredictable and his drive can teleport him to Lambda if he makes contact with one of her swords. If Bang goes into Fuu-Rin-Ka-Zan, he basically becomes unpredictable and it's extremely hard to play against him defensively. Lambda also has low health and she can easily lose a lead if her opponent lands a combo on her. She has very few ways to get out of pressure situations other than bursting. Her reversal gravity well is good but you need to wait for it to recharge before you can use it again.

Overall Lambda's a fun character and I like using her.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're just saying that because I wrote more than two sentences on the subject.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes dad i do judge things even after i watch matches of it

also i main a black guy n a fat *** penguin sugg a dugg

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
im not going to lie dudley is one of the few guys id go out with from ssf4.

i'd go out with bison obsly but the troll would kill my father in the process

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah thats true. i got lucky as **** that bison is my playstyle... good old bait n punish he also bait and punish he also rush down but he's so versatile you can play him other ways

edit: hahaha i saw your comment in the vid and thumbed it up before even knowing it was u who wrote it

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im not going to lie dudley is one of the few guys id go out with from ssf4.

i'd go out with bison obsly but the troll would kill my father in the process

Hello my fine lady, would you gladly care for a pint this lovely evening?

*adjusts stache stylishly*

Top Bottom