• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
mk is a filthy bat though

needs more shower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

but MK is cooler
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJqtlVZWww&feature=related

j/k i <3 Kaffei

hiiiiiiiiiiii Affinity. Yeah M Bison took over this thread. I haven't played Brawl for awhile, having too much fun with Bison lol. I need to practice my strings and spacing with Kirby against cpus again sometime before I go to Dallas/ to a phase because I will get rusty. Lol when doing a f-smash with kirby i bet ill hold back on the analog for 2 seconds like how I charge with Bison xD. edit: i just practiced, if anything im better, i like NEVER roll now because u cant do that in street fighter

I might just do doubles before I go to singles. You can make more mistakes there. but ill need a good
sex
partner.
also i need to start using mk for real if i want to stand a chance against dallas' scene because the 3 characters im proficent in are kirby, lucas (i learned from fighting tall man all the time) and jigglypuff. Lucas is my 2nd actually now. How useless! But i guess its a step up from Puff (don't tell anyone i said that >.>)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
um...Sagat?
No, Sagat was overpowered in vSF4. In Super SF4 he's balanced.

There aren't any truly broken characters in SSFIV. There isn't even an agreed upon tier list yet. These characters are generally agreed upon as the top 9 (in alphabetical order):

Abel
Akuma
Balrog
Chun Li
E. Honda
Guile
M. Bison
Rufus
Ryu

Ryu is probably the best to start out as so that you can learn basic things like zoning and footsies and SSFIV specific things like FADC into Ultra. After you determine your playstyle more you can stick with him or go to another main depending on whether you like rushdown (Abel, Rufus), footsies (Bison), zoning (Guile), balance (Akuma, Chun Li), etc.

tl;dr just go to SRK

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, his Tiger Uppercut damage was nerfed, his Ultra 1 damage was slightly nerfed, and they nerfed his health down to 1050 from 1100. This helped a lot of characters who had trouble with him before since he was a pain in the *** to deal with defensively because of his monstrous health and it also helped reduce the pain of his BnB Tiger Uppercut FADC f.HK Ultra combo. Mostly though they just made other characters better. Sagat is still a very good character. Sanford Kelly still uses him...I think...when he's not busy with Cammy.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yeah, his Tiger Uppercut damage was nerfed, his Ultra 1 damage was slightly nerfed, and they nerfed his health down to 1050 from 1100. This helped a lot of characters who had trouble with him before since he was a pain in the *** to deal with defensively because of his monstrous health and it also helped reduce the pain of his BnB Tiger Uppercut FADC f.HK Ultra combo. Mostly though they just made other characters better. Sagat is still a very good character. Sanford Kelly still uses him...I think...when he's not busy with Cammy.
oooooh. speaking of sagat u need to see this match i had with one... the ending was so **** funny... it also shows how little i know about the game mechanics at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ArEfMVqIs

i still dont really understand how focus attacks work either....

also cammy scary. i dont know how to block her moveset =/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You have been blocked by the owner of this video.
I'm sorry you suck at Street Fighter Dina lol.

Focus Attacks absorb ONE hit and ONLY one hit. They are useless against multi-hit moves like Lightning Legs, Hundred Hand Slap, Shoryuken, most EX moves, Supers, and Ultras. However, Focus Attacks can be canceled into a dash, so in the match against that Sagat where he used a reversal Ultra (scrubby move btw, don't ever do it) you could have backdashed out of your focus attack and held back to block. The chip damage you'd take would have been minimal and you could have killed him on the spot.

Blocking generally works like this:

If they're standing or jumping, BLOCK HIGH.
If they're crouching, BLOCK LOW.

Generally since Bison is a charge character you want to be holding down-back anyway to maintain charge on both Scissor Kicks/Crusher and Headstomp/Devil's Reversal. For Cammy specifically, her Spiral Arrow (ground drill) is a low attack, so you want to block it low. Everything else can be blocked high, including her Ultra I believe (idk, check the frame data).

Speaking of Ultras, why are you not using yours? Bison's Ultra 2 is a great move for punishing fireballs, focus attacks, jump-ins, or whiffed anything. It's so good at punishing that they even named it PSYCHO PUNISHER. If that's not obvious I don't know what is. Can you just not execute it? If so, just practice. Go into training mode before going online.

Speaking of training mode, learn some ****ing combos. Here's some not very difficult ones that will help your game quite a bit if you're ablt to pull them off:

c.LP, c.LP, c. LK, Scissor Kicks
c.LP, c.LP, c. MK, Scissor Kicks
c.LK, c. LK, Scissor Kicks
c.MP, Scissor Kicks

All of these are simple links that even someone with your poor level of execution should be ablt to do. And don't give me that "I just got this game 10 days ago" ****. I learned almost all of Rufus' links into Ultra 1 within 10 days of getting my copy of SSFIV. If you decided on who you were going to main before you even got the game, don't you think it would make sense to, you know, RESEARCH HOW HE PLAYS?

I'm also tired of using variations of the following words:

Troll
Sandbag
and your general overly cocky attitude towards competitive games. How much money have you won off SF? None? So then what right do you have to brag? Your opponents are all terrible and you're winning mostly because they don't know either how to deal with your character or how to play in general.

I guess XBL has all the scrubs because whenever I get on PSN I get more sturdy competition (like consistently getting opponents with 5K+ epeen instead of getting them once every 10 matches or so).

tl;dr - http://shoryuken.com/f260/
They can help you with Bison more than I can but you have a long way to go before you even get to that point. Start here instead.
http://shoryuken.com/f322/

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
whaaaaaaaaa i didnt block you... i removed a comment.. unless i hit block instead they changed the layout of the erase comment/block thing.

edit: hmm...... i guess i did on accident. lol i blocked another smasher too that way wow. well i fixed it.

\
I'm also tired of using variations of the following words:

Troll
Sandbag
and your general overly cocky attitude towards competitive games.

and wow, saying i suck and then saying im being cocky again. Please get out.

Also I make it clear on my channel im a beginner and playing just for fun:

copy pasta'd from my channel:

I'm not using an arcade stick, but I'll try to make due with a standard controller. It's not that I can't afford an arcade stick, but it simply doesn't seem right to spend an outrageous amount for a single game. Hopefully I won't be at a huge disadvantage... we'll see how it goes.

Also, with SSF4, im currently only able to do online, so it doesn't even mean anything! It's only for fun and I'm still learning the game! Don't take it too seriously! Please feel free to give me tips or pointers on my playstyle, I'll appreciate it!

im totally new to street fighter and i had the game for a week and a half. I don't even know what "cross up means" or those combo jargon u told me. Trust me i've seen that before lol. I appreciate you trying to help me, and i did make an account on that website you linked me, but your personal attacks thrown in are both unwarrented and extraneous.

Daigo Umehara

Smash Cadet
M. Bison? I thought this was a Smash Bros. board. I guess you guys finally realized what fighting game is superior.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Why is there mentioning of a SF character on a Smash Bros. forum? And why compare him to Meta Knight?
Contrary to popular belief, smashers also play other games. Crazy huh? We even have a Pokemon, Mario and Zelda sub forum.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Do you play Street Fighter? Also, can I use a stick when playing Brawl?
Yeah I sure do... I just picked it up a week ago. I'm still learning tho... but im loving it. After playing Brawl for so long maining characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff who all make ******** squeaky noises whenever they move or attack, I had to urge to balance out the general gay so I decieded to get ssf4 and main Bison. I'm loving it, although i have a long way to go from understanding the game and it's mechanics.

This is my youtube channel for more info on my mains and ****:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl

my stuff is under playlists

as for your question on the arcade stick... I'm not sure if Wii has one... I never heard of anyone using one for this game. Most people use gamecube contoller, but ultimaterazer, an amazing Snake is an exception. He uses nunchuck.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can use a fightstick with brawl but it's pretty much a bad idea

and tearbear, logic, YBM, and pelca are also notable people that use the wiichuk

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Added. Hop on so we can play.
thanks but im a bit busy atm. I'm studying for my child psychology exam that's tommorow at 9 (in fact it's 2:40 am right now lol). Hey do you have aim? Mine is also snipernightowl hit me up. If you're interested in Brawl I can help too.

Top Bottom