• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This thread doesn't move unless SNO spams a random vid, then P4 use to post some random thing, and then VK reply anything he can with silly sarcasm... (add other random people posting).

I love MKsoc!!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah this thread is nothing without me. I've noticed. Then VirtualKruncher makes it fail. Vicious cycle.

welp i guess i need to spam another video to get this **** going again here.......

this Bison is my ****ing hero... I cannot beleive how trollish this guy is. You better beleive im adding him on live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFi8LXcnXe8

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Alright, i was told that in order to become a better mk, i need to get active in the character discussion. Since i usually am terrible with offering advice for Matchups (or anything else for that matter) I'll start here.

Greetings.
I'm LashD094. I may have posted here once or twice. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas and i main mk. troll me.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Alright, i was told that in order to become a better mk, i need to get active in the character discussion. Since i usually am terrible with offering advice for Matchups (or anything else for that matter) I'll start here.

Greetings.
I'm LashD094. I may have posted here once or twice. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas and i main mk. troll me.
Another one bites the dust...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
My thread got locked :(

That's not very nice, WE ARE A VALID GROUP and we must be heard!!!

BAN METAKNIGHT'S TORNADO!
No, you know that wasn't acceptable and this isn't the place. You're trying to start **** that doesn't need to be started. That's the only thing the MK debate brings about, everyone knows this.

Albert.

Smash Master
:( I very rarely troll and that was an ingenious thread!

I'm actually totally serious, what do you all think about MK's superiority w/o Tornado?

Oh and thanks Kaffei :D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
actually ur not cool cus u called MK "meta"
i hate that

lol jp =)

but i still hate "meta".

Player-4

See you in 25 years
:( I very rarely troll and that was an ingenious thread!

I'm actually totally serious, what do you all think about MK's superiority w/o Tornado?

Oh and thanks Kaffei :D
Not it wasn't, and it did not need to be a thread, there are plenty of other places for that, and the way you made it was in a trolling manor, thus the actions were taken against it.

But anyways losing tornado wouldn't change much, it's not even his best move. Besides that you can't just ban a move. How about we ban Snake's nades? Because that is the best standard B in the game (no joke).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If Nado was banned then DDD's could probably be able to do stuff lol.

But that would be a silly rule. Way too gay to enforce.

OMG i accidentulleh press B plsno DQ

Albert.

Smash Master
Not it wasn't, and it did not need to be a thread, there are plenty of other places for that, and the way you made it was in a trolling manor, thus the actions were taken against it.
I don't understand how you don't understand how good a thread that was. I don't know where the trolling manor is, but I would love to go there.

But anyways losing tornado wouldn't change much
Holy **** at how ******** this statement is.

Instead of waiting for someone to be like "whut?" I'm just going to address it pre-emptively.

Tornado is in his Top-3 of moves. It completely shuts down aerial approaches from Characters like Marth or DK. MANY MK players use it as a crutch, even top players. Many MK MU's are based on forcing reactions and then getting the Tornado off, or limiting/erasing Characters options by HAVING tornado.

Have you SEEN KSizzle vs Ally? Have you seen M2k abuse it?

Yes, MK is a **** character without tornado. Duh.

But it is still one of his best moves. That threat of getting tornadoed if you dare air-dodge is omnipresent for every other character.

It would be interesting to see some of these top players be forced to NEVER tornado in the Snake MU. Or the DDD Match up. OR to punish phantasm.

It's an interesting thought, Not one to just be shut down out right.

I thought mods were supposed to promote intelligent debate instead of just being Meaniepants :'(

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I don't understand how you don't understand how good a thread that was. I don't know where the trolling manor is, but I would love to go there.

Holy **** at how ******** this statement is.

Instead of waiting for someone to be like "whut?" I'm just going to address it pre-emptively.

Tornado is in his Top-3 of moves. It completely shuts down aerial approaches from Characters like Marth or DK. MANY MK players use it as a crutch, even top players. Many MK MU's are based on forcing reactions and then getting the Tornado off, or limiting/erasing Characters options by HAVING tornado.

Have you SEEN KSizzle vs Ally? Have you seen M2k abuse it?

Yes, MK is a **** character without tornado. Duh.

But it is still one of his best moves. That threat of getting tornadoed if you dare air-dodge is omnipresent for every other character.

It would be interesting to see some of these top players be forced to NEVER tornado in the Snake MU. Or the DDD Match up. OR to punish phantasm.

It's an interesting thought, Not one to just be shut down out right.

I thought mods were supposed to promote intelligent debate instead of just being Meaniepants :'(
First, it's been addressed before, by Omni, that the MK ban topic is off limits here. Take it somewhere else. Second, if you don't understand how that thread wasn't trolling, then something is wrong. Finally, have you seen Ally's MK without tornado? It's still amazing and he doesn't even main the flying ****er. I never said it wasn't one of his best moves, because it obviously is, but it's not something that holds him from winning if he doesn't use it. Players would adapt if they lost nado, and MK would still be the best in the game. Tornado doesn't make or break him.

Albert.

Smash Master
oh P-4 nice Avi, I didn't realize what it was. I <3 15 Step.

Thanks for not infracting me, either. My infraction pants are starting to stretch D: (nearing 6)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Player-4, it is true Ally is amazing with Meta Knight without using tornado. This fact however does not constitute evidence for the statement that Meta Knight is great without tornado. One of the obvious flaws in that statement is lack of consistency. Ally is amazing without Meta Knight, so it is not surprisising he does well with Meta Knight, a character easy to learn and use.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the fact that Ally doesn't use nado, doesn't mean it is not a constant threat to his opponent. If the opponent is used to playing Meta Knights that do use nado, it might be hard to adapt to Ally's style.

But I think nothing more than common sense is needed to conclude that Meta Knight would not be close to the level he is now without nado.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Nado is a crutch for MK, I still don't think it makes or breaks him. A lot of good player get around it, it's still not even his best move. Though I will say it does make a big difference in the D3, Bowser, DK, and Snake match up.

I'm not big on ratios but he maybe loses 5 points in the match ups without nado. Until MKs stop relying on it and figure out other ways to approach or punish it'll play a big role in his move set, but I think if players were forced not to use it, they would first whine, then adapt.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I just hate it when people want to make special rules just for mk. Like the "scrooging" rule, the Ledge Grab Limit and such. It complicates things for mks and changes match ups and makes other characters better than others.

I don't think tornado is that broken anymore, people find ways around it or pop out of it. It's not a win button, smart/top players aren't beaten by people who mash B. It is certianly annoying but not unbeatable by any means. :D

Who cares which mks use tornado more than others? As long as they win, who cares. xD
That's what matters, winning. Do whatever it takes. ;3

edit: not all people on the mk boards on mean, I just really thought you made a trolling thread. xD

Player-4

See you in 25 years
:3 is that not a good thing?
Not the point.

Why take away something that doesn't need to be taken away? You would just be hitting a hornets nest with a stick by taking away Nado. If you're going to ban Nado, you might as well just ban MK. You see my point?

Banning more things is pointless, we already have a scrooging rule, LGL rule, and an IDC rule. Taking away even more stuff, and a standard move non-the-less is just dumb. Ban MK before you ban Tornado. Besides all of this, banning Nado is even sillier now then back in the day, and it wasn't even brought up. Good players know how to beat, get out, and guard against Nado. The more people play against it, the more they adapt. Just get better.

That's the end of this topic, the MK ban and now talking about banning Nado is a sore subject. There's no reason for it, especially here.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
not the point.

Why take away something that doesn't need to be taken away? You would just be hitting a hornets nest with a stick by taking away nado. If you're going to ban nado, you might as well just ban mk. You see my point?

Banning more things is pointless, we already have a scrooging rule, lgl rule, and an idc rule. Taking away even more stuff, and a standard move non-the-less is just dumb. Ban mk before you ban tornado.
^^^^^^^^^ this!!! :o

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
instead of being srs watch me troll this other bison by sandbagging super hard on and off then ****** him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUxBhvyjpY

i sandbag totally first round, go serious and wreck him 2nd, then i sandbag again until im almost dead until 3rd, then i come back and **** him w/o taking a hit nwehehehehehe

Top Bottom