• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I had this avatar first.... The reason I put the K4L was to distinguish myself from Staco cus he stole my avatar D:<

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm going to the Mexico National on 24th...
Wish me and my MK luck on a COUNTRY that lacks of gay metagame...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@P4 Well, that's a possibility.. I hear gnes has been going toe2toe with Ally

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Alleh almost loses against many people.
If anyone can win the mindgame of facing him, I'm pretty sure someone else can got there.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
@P4 Well, that's a possibility.. I hear gnes has been going toe2toe with Ally
He has, and he recently beat Dojo who always beat him, kinda like how Ally is now so it wouldn't surprise me to see him beat Ally, not to mention I think he'd take M2K out easier than Ally.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

now ppl gonna think imma ho for real

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
edit: my ****ty computer just gayed me into somehow triple posting. please ignore or delete this.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
edit: wtf triple post... my cpu tarding out this is y im getting a mac

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sno swf is causing people to double/ triple post from 502

dont feel too angry

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Flip those M's upside down and you're correct
Ehh TWW I think is probably the second or third best.

If OoT hadn't been made MM would have been the best game of all time, by far.

Why didn't you like TP, anyway?
What things did OoT do better than MM? It was more innovative in that it brought the series into 3D, and without it MM wouldn’t have existed. But MM was far more original in the actual gameplay. It took what was innovative about OoT, added a very deep, yet simple story with character development, and added some difficulty. Other than that and OoT being a little longer, I don't see what would make it better than MM considering MM did it better in pretty much every other way other than length and innovation...

I disliked TP for a lot of reasons, some kind of nitpicky, some a little bigger.

For one, the story was recycled to all hell. LttP 3D much? Get 3 items, get the master sword, find the MS in the forest, go into a dark world, turn into an animal when you go in that dark world, the backstory is a war, the war itself is almost identical to the first half of the Seal War shown in the LttP Japanese manual, with the exception of the war being over Hyrule, not over the Triforce (the English version would have you think it’s over the Triforce in TP, but the Japanese version makes it kind of clear it’s over Hyrule, not the Triforce), the villain at one point seems to be one person (Zant in TP, Agahnim in LttP) then it turns out that it’s Ganon, Ganon was at one point imprisoned in that dark world, the dark/twilight mirrors are the ways into those dark worlds (while the dark world/dark mirror and the twilight realm/twilight mirror are canonically different places, the concept remains the same).

The story was EXTREMELY similar to LttPs (and FSA’s, but I don’t even feel like getting into that one…) and was very unoriginal.

The gameplay: Okay I might as well get this one out of the way; the game was far too easy. I killed myself while playing through because I wanted to see what the game over screen looked like.

Everything was too easy, from almost all of the puzzles, to ALL of the enemies, to the dungeons, etc.

There was no challenge at all.

The tears of light quests, OH MY GOD. Jesus were these ****ing boring.

I could nitpick on other bad gameplay decisions (I could rant for paragraphs about how bad the vines were……………), but I won’t bother.

Along with the fact that it really did NOTHING that was very innovative. There were a few original things here or there (magnetic iron boots were cool, the spinner was original but didn’t get near enough use outside of the dungeon you get it in), but other than a few really small things, there just wasn’t anything that different from the other games, except updated graphics.

I can understand a game being mindlessly easy if it has a really good story, or a new good way to portray a story (like Heavy Rain, for instance), and I can understand a game having a poor story, but being really challenging or having good gameplay (Mario games can be really challenging. Atleast I die in Mario games). Or even a game that’s REALLY innovative while having mediocre difficulty and story (Ocarina of Time, for instance).

TP had none of that. It was really, really easy, the story was almost a carbon copy of LttP (so it’s not like you’re going through easy gameplay to see a good story, either. The story wasn’t even that good or original), and it did nothing that was especially innovative or original.

TP wasn’t that good guys.

MM was amazing, though. The story was new, it’s by far the darkest game in the series, and the gameplay was good (better than OoT due to the increased difficulty. It’s not a reaaaally difficult game, but it’s by far the hardest of the 3D games, and you can’t tell me that the Stone Tower Temple wasn’t hard and didn’t blow your mind when the ***** flipped on you), it had actual character development (TWW did this pretty well, too. But OoT and TP didn’t at all), it had lots of sidequests, it didn’t have repetitive and really annoying parts (like the Triforce quest in TWW, or those god **** tears of light quests). The only real flaw it had was that it was shorter than the other games, and with all the sidequests it had, it wasn’t THAT much shorter than the other ones.

Personally I love OoT more, as I’ve had it since I was 3 and it has a lot of sentimental value to me (my oldest memories are playing it with my brother lol), and I would NOT be the same person I am today without that game (I wouldn’t be on this site, for one. I got into posting on internet forums because of Zelda, I got into Zelda because of OoT, and I got into smash because of Zelda).

But from an objective point of view, MM simply just did it better.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Ehh TWW I think is probably the second or third best.
I could go with third best

What things did OoT do better than MM? It was more innovative in that it brought the series into 3D, and without it MM wouldn’t have existed. But MM was far more original in the actual gameplay. It took what was innovative about OoT, added a very deep, yet simple story with character development, and added some difficulty. Other than that and OoT being a little longer, I don't see what would make it better than MM considering MM did it better in pretty much every other way other than length and innovation...
The main reason I liked OoT more was because, think about the first time you left Kokiri (spelling?) village, that was epic, possibly my favorite VG moment ever.

If it had been MM>OoT I would have felt the same way, only it would have been MM, not OoT

For one, the story was recycled to all hell. LttP 3D much? Get 3 items, get the master sword, find the MS in the forest, go into a dark world,
Haven't pretty much all of the 3D Zelda games had that?

with the exception of the war being over Hyrule, not over the Triforce (the English version would have you think it’s over the Triforce in TP, but the Japanese version makes it kind of clear it’s over Hyrule, not the Triforce),
I didn't see it that way, I did feel like Ganon would probably show up at some point, though.

The gameplay: Okay I might as well get this one out of the way; the game was far too easy. I killed myself while playing through because I wanted to see what the game over screen looked like.
I have to agree with that, though it felt like it was about the same difficulty as OoT...

Everything was too easy, from almost all of the puzzles, to ALL of the enemies, to the dungeons, etc.

There was no challenge at all.
Did you play the Cave of Ordeals or whatever in the Gerudo desert?

The tears of light quests, OH MY GOD. Jesus were these ****ing boring.
I have to agree with that...

I could nitpick on other bad gameplay decisions (I could rant for paragraphs about how bad the vines were……………), but I won’t bother.
You could find stuff to complain about in ANY Zelda game, so picking on TP alone isn't really fair.

Along with the fact that it really did NOTHING that was very innovative. There were a few original things here or there (magnetic iron boots were cool, the spinner was original but didn’t get near enough use outside of the dungeon you get it in), but other than a few really small things, there just wasn’t anything that different from the other games, except updated graphics.
Er, Motion controls? :laugh:

I can understand a game being mindlessly easy if it has a really good story, or a new good way to portray a story (like Heavy Rain, for instance), and I can understand a game having a poor story, but being really challenging or having good gameplay (Mario games can be really challenging. Atleast I die in Mario games). Or even a game that’s REALLY innovative while having mediocre difficulty and story (Ocarina of Time, for instance).
You think OoT had a mediocre story?

MM was amazing, though. The story was new, it’s by far the darkest game in the series, and the gameplay was good (better than OoT due to the increased difficulty. It’s not a reaaaally difficult game, but it’s by far the hardest of the 3D games, and you can’t tell me that the Stone Tower Temple wasn’t hard and didn’t blow your mind when the ***** flipped on you), it had actual character development (TWW did this pretty well, too. But OoT and TP didn’t at all), it had lots of sidequests, it didn’t have repetitive and really annoying parts (like the Triforce quest in TWW, or those god **** tears of light quests). The only real flaw it had was that it was shorter than the other games, and with all the sidequests it had, it wasn’t THAT much shorter than the other ones.
Am I the only one who found the Kaffai and Anju sidequest boring?

I agree about the character development part, though.

Personally I love OoT more, as I’ve had it since I was 3 and it has a lot of sentimental value to me (my oldest memories are playing it with my brother lol), and I would NOT be the same person I am today without that game (I wouldn’t be on this site, for one. I got into posting on internet forums because of Zelda, I got into Zelda because of OoT, and I got into smash because of Zelda).
But from an objective point of view, MM simply just did it better.
Wait, you think OoT was better, but you like MM more...:confused:

TL;DR

I think OoT>TP>MM>WW.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Haven't pretty much all of the 3D Zelda games had that?
Not MM.
I didn't see it that way, I did feel like Ganon would probably show up at some point, though.
If you read the Japanese translation of the LttP manual, the similarities of the first half of the SW to TP are almost eery.

I have to agree with that, though it felt like it was about the same difficulty as OoT...
ehh I think the puzzles were harder in OoT, but, yeah, fighting was about the same difficulty in TP as it was in OoT.

Did you play the Cave of Ordeals or whatever in the Gerudo desert?
Yeah. It was a little challenging, but I shouldn’t be required to play a sidequest to get any challenge at all out of the game.

You could find stuff to complain about in ANY Zelda game, so picking on TP alone isn't really fair.
Yeah, I could. But not as many, or as important things, as in TP. I mean what complaints could you seriously give about MM? Other than the length of the overall story being shorter than the other games, there really aren’t any bad flaws.
Er, Motion controls?
I’m guessing you’re joking here, right? Lol

You think OoT had a mediocre story?
Mediocre may not be the best word. Unoriginal and predictable is probably more accurate, considering the game was made was made to be the backstory of LttP. Although it changed up a lot of stuff about it, so there were still some really original, new, surprising parts.

It was better than TP, but not as good or original as MM or TWW.

Am I the only one who found the Kaffai and Anju sidequest boring?
I think so.

Wait, you think OoT was better, but you like MM more...
Other way around. I like OoT more, but I think MM was an overall better game.

I think OoT>TP>MM>WW.
For me on how much I enjoyed the games:
OoT>MM>TWW>TP

OoT HAS to be first on that list, since the game itself is just so influential to my life.

But from an objective point of view on which games I think were the best:
MM>>TWW>OoT>>>TP

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was playing as MK in practice mode today and I found something really useful. If you do a dtilt and then you point your control stick at a 45% angle downwards while you attack, it allows you to buffer 2 ftilts while only having to push the a button once. at low percents this is a true combo and it comes out really fast.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
imo i like the graphics of this new zelda not too real and not too cartoony

what it always should have been

highfive

Smash Lord
um... Hello everyone. I suppose most of you don't know me since I lurked the Ganon boards. Now I want to hang out with the cool kids at the MK boards. And yeah, I main MK now, used to main Wolf. I use the white MK since it uses my custom texture hack. I'm also a hacker and will make MK texture requests if they aren't too weird. I hope I get accepted in to the boards and I'll try to post often.

(For anyone curious on what my signature MK looks like.)

TL;DR: I'm new to the MK boards and want to be accepted in to this board.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
um... Hello everyone. I suppose most of you don't know me since I lurked the Ganon boards. Now I want to hang out with the cool kids at the MK boards. And yeah, I main MK now, used to main Wolf. I use the white MK since it uses my custom texture hack. I'm also a hacker and will make MK texture requests if they aren't too weird. I hope I get accepted in to the boards and I'll try to post often.

(For anyone curious on what my signature MK looks like.)

TL;DR: I'm new to the MK boards and want to be accepted in to this board.
Welcome man

Top Bottom