• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Wii because you can play whatever other Nintendo console but NDS on it. (Homebrew Channel is awesome).
this is the saving grace of the wii... but i was told by a mod mentioning this will result in an infraction even tho we have a whole sub forum dedicated to hacking the game =/

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
True, but playing OoT now is a lot different than playing it when it was released.
not for me it isn't. Not one bit. ****'s still just as good. in fact i gotta start a 3 heart run of master quest, i finally got it but i dont have time :(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gameplay alone doesn't make a game good...
Story is a minor issue. A good story can save a game with average gameplay (see FFVI), but not a game with bad gameplay (see FFTA2). Conversely, good gameplay can carry a horrible story (see Halo).

Gates, im hating on new Nintendo and Sega games, not old. Old is legit. And i had a playstaton before i ever owned my first nintendo console, so dont say i "recently figured out" and playstation a HELLA lot better than the n64. Honestly tell me a new nintendo or sega game that blew away the classic counterpart? Because i'd like to play it for myself.
I can't name a Sega game that blows away its counterpart because Sonic hasn't been good since the Genesis era.

The PS1 was not that good. N64 had SM64, OoT, MM, SSB, and a bunch of other great games. PS1 had MGS (what a great movie), FF (the best in the series had already been made on the SNES), and little else.

It's settled, something is wrong with you.
You should hear her reasoning for not liking TP. It's hilariously stupid.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
not for me it isn't. Not one bit. ****'s still just as good. in fact i gotta start a 3 heart run of master quest, i finally got it but i dont have time :(
I didn't say it was bad, it just isn't as good as when it came out.
Story is a minor issue. A good story can save a game with average gameplay (see FFVII), but not a game with bad gameplay (see FFTA2). Conversely, good gameplay can carry a horrible story (see Halo).
Personally, I loved halo's story.

I can't name a Sega game that blows away its counterpart because Sonic hasn't been good since the Genesis era.
Agreed.
You should hear her reasoning for not liking TP. It's hilariously stupid.
Let's hear it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
edit: ffvi is pretty different than ffvii disregard haha

@ TP:

nothing about the game truly stood out to me or was memorable. That goes for story, enviroment, gameplay and even the music. It just felt kinda vanillia to me. I did like midna tho, got her texture hack. Nothing stupid about that =/

tl;dr

opinions are like *******s... everyone has them and they all stink!

gates what was first street fighter game u played?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I loved halo's story.
Personally, I didn't know it had one until people started *****ing about the end of Halo 2.

yeah gates, lets hear it. i want to hear why u think i dislike tp coming from someone who thought ff7 story was good despite being a convulted plot hole trainwreck that required it to spawn even more fail games to explain said plotholes.
Typo. Fixed now.

I like how you nitpick what I said instead of adressing the general argument, especially when it wasn't aimed at you in the first place.

j/k ill tell you because whatever your going to say is wrong:

nothing about the game truly stood out to me or was memorable. That goes for story, enviroment, gameplay and even the music.
I distinctly remember you saying that the combat engine was identical to the one used for OoT despite the fact that you never got the back slice or any other sword abilities. I mean come on, that's barely a sidequest since they're right in your path most of the time anyway. It's like collecting heart pieces, you can't walk near a dungeon without finding one.

Her reasoning for not going through with the sidequest was "you had to blow a wolf". I rest my case.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I distinctly remember you saying that the combat engine was identical to the one used for OoT despite the fact that you never got the back slice or any other sword abilities. I mean come on, that's barely a sidequest since they're right in your path most of the time anyway. It's like collecting heart pieces, you can't walk near a dungeon without finding one.

Her reasoning for not going through with the sidequest was "you had to blow a wolf". I rest my case.
you obsly must of misread me or misconstrued me.. u have a tendency of doing this often....
then ragin out on me in a psychotic manner
combat system never bothered me one bit. If i said anything i was joking. In fact, unless a combat system sucks, i like it when games use the same or similar interface or configuration as previous game. Consistency and familarity are good things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1iqJqNHX_g&playnext_from=TL&videos=uFXdKefK0lI

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Eyo, it's summer for me now.

I decided I'd be nice and actually participate on the boards more than I usually do.

Ever since Brawl came out, smashboards kinda went downhill and I half-boycotted it besides Back Room and a few character boards... <___<

But I'm back now.

Time to get rolling.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

I decided I'd be nice and actually participate on the boards more than I usually do.

Ever since Brawl came out, smashboards kinda went downhill and I half-boycotted it besides Back Room and a few character boards... <___<

But I'm back now.

Time to get rolling.
Roll roll roll your boat gently down the stream
merrily merrily merrily merrily idr rest of the lyrics

BBQTV

Smash Master

But I'm back now.

Time to get trolling.
this is how i saw it

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

But I'm back now.

Time to get rolling.
what you mean by this

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
nothing about the game truly stood out to me or was memorable. That goes for story, enviroment, gameplay and even the music. It just felt kinda vanillia to me. I did like midna tho, got her texture hack. Nothing stupid about that =/
But you said you like OoT, and they are virtually identical.
Personally, I didn't know it had one until people started *****ing about the end of Halo 2.
I guess maybe you're right, I'm sort of a Halo fanboy. :ohwell:

I like how you nitpick what I said instead of adressing the general argument, especially when it wasn't aimed at you in the first place.
It appears she does that a lot...

That is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.
you obsly must of misread me or misconstrued me.. u have a tendency of doing this often....
then ragin out on me in a psychotic manner
combat system never bothered me one bit. If i said anything i was joking. In fact, unless a combat system sucks, i like it when games use the same or similar interface or configuration as previous game. Consistency and familarity are good things.
I seem to be getting mixed signals here...

But I'm back now.

Time to get rolling.
Welcome back, am I the only one who read that as "Get trolling"?

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but it still leaves a "post was deleted" note where it used to be. Idk if you guys can see it or not, but I can so there's not much point.
We can't, stop being a lazy mod.

Of course on this site I guess "lazy mod" is redundant.

Top Bottom