• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Complete! A guide on Fox in brawl+ UPDATED 10/20/09

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Nope, dair shine upsmash does on a bunch of the cast though.

Shine bair works on some.

etc etc
Actually I'm pretty sure that dair -> dsmash works if you're absolutely frame perfect right now. I haven't tested it myself, but I thought the dair had 6 frames of advantage in its current form, which is just enough to perform a dsmash.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
You know, Fox is hard to control in Brawl+ but fun nonetheless. I'm trying to learn how to play him and I always find myself using D-Air>U-Tilt>U-Air or D-Air>U-Tilt>F-Air>U-Tilt>U-Air. He's a real air combo ***** but hella hard to get down.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
So what control settings do you guys use to jc shine? This crap is hard lmao. I think I'm just gonna stick to my own playstyle with fox.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol wow you guys make me feel noobish with fox. i can't wait til a tourney comes along so i can show that you don't need such a silly change :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
yeah i'm trying to see how good nair shining is. if there's no point to the new shine other than what you mentioned then it's pretty pointless

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I suck at that so I don't see a point of trying it in tourney. I never used dair to usmash in tourney ever and I've done well enough in tourney without it so I don't see a need to put in extra work now.

shanus

Smash Hero
I suck at that so I don't see a point of trying it in tourney. I never used dair to usmash in tourney ever and I've done well enough in tourney without it so I don't see a need to put in extra work now.
nair shine is great at low percent. Dair shine upsmash is also awesome. On some chars shine bair is an epic killer. Also shine uair is a sweet mix up. There are like 50000000 options and it gives *insane* shield pressure. I'll try and get vids up at some point but plenty of people have seen my fox on livestream and saw its potential. It basically opens a plethora of new options which if you dont explore, you are really missing out.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I was getting 1st and 2nd place at tournies before you guys added it in. I'm sure I can live without it now :) Thank you for trying to help though, I honestly appreciate that.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
so far, shine JC really does not match fox and his playstyle at all. The pushback from the shine makes it impossible (i think) to get a JC dair or nair, and since there is no wavedash, JC out of a shine will not make you get to the opponent faster than letting shine cancel on it's own. Also, you need to wait for the full dash to complete before u can perform a down-b move (just like crouch canceling), and on top of that all of fox's momentum dies when u shine. I am not posotive, but it feels limited to how fast the JC comes out, bit sluggish i think it is in Fox's jump delay/animation.

Personally, i thought Fox should have the shine cancel he had in ssb64, landing cancel (jump ->fast shine ->land cancels all lag). It really fit his style since foxes that did shine usually jumped before. But i am a huge fan of JC shine and maybe witha few tweaks it will be more useful

The Cape

Smash Master
So I actually tried out the Fox shine last night in a few matches and pulled off a crazy combo on Ganon:

Dair through him, shine, SH bair, dashing U smash, weak nair, U smash again

I think it may have been completely legit, need to look into it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol so I've decided the only usefulness of shine is that it's 1 frame. good for gtfo tactics :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol i have no clue about frames but whatever.

I played ally in brawl+ cuz he's staying at my dorm for the week. I've still got it :)

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,like me and YeS saind before,what about less endlag on his Bair,just a bit.
This is just some think that B+ screw offstage,like Snake Up-B C4 recovery.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am going to actually play this game now because it's fun and I notice every real pr0 player that touches this seems to win cash, so... :laugh:

I'm going to main this character (and also use Marth and Ganondorf).

Thanks for the information, Chris. Let's practice more.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Glad to have you as a + player Inui. I'm excited to see footage of your Dorf and Marth.
Sadly, I have a history of having nothing good I do get recorded or uploaded while bad stuff gets put up all the time. Just trust results and what people that actually play me a lot say. >_>;

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's interesting to see you actually...playing B+. I do have my doubts about you in this game though. <_<

I'm not even sure you'll be that dedicated, but idk.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yeah if I'm right about this, this makes foxes grab like.. the scariest thing ever.

lolz
Most character have a move that will beat the grab. for example Bowser can probably upb out of it, some jab out of it, etc etc.

Who's worse for Fox? Samus or Dedede?

I've had moderate success with both of them, but nothing definite.
DDD. Samus is bawls in this game yo.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I didn't see this in the op, so if you guys didn't already know you can reflector people against walls.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Who's worse for Fox? Samus or Dedede?

I've had moderate success with both of them, but nothing definite.
Wut...fox camps the crap out of both of them...if I had to choose though, I'd say DDD because he can gimp a spacie like crazy.

I didn't see this in the op, so if you guys didn't already know you can reflector people against walls.
Yes, you can still wall lock people.

Dear Fox peoples...

Sorry I haven't updated the OP in awhile. I promise I will soon. Life got in the way of stuff for the longest time. I've finally attended a brawl+ event since apex yesterday. It went well. I'll update the OP when I can.

Love, Yes!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
OP is now updated with new info. Feel free to give feedback! I will include a stages section sometime in the future...hope you all like it!

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i was wondering what you guys thought of shine -> upsmash? I think it is utterly useless, and gets in the way SOO many times of my true JC's/moves. I also think it creates a lag time of which u can JC a shine from the ground (compare how fast u can JC on the ground from in the air). Iuno, just my thoughts

Top Bottom