• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Complete! A guide on Fox in brawl+ UPDATED 10/20/09

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you mean like jc from the ground into an aerial? than yes, you have to wait until you are actually in the air before you c -stick or analog and a. Otherwise you will JC up smash.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
i see, it always gets in the way for me, i guess i am trying to press it as fast as possible (after a shine you do not get many frames to hit so you need to be fast). I just wish it were out of the way, then i would at least jump and be able to attack again

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Not worth the effort you have to put in when you could do something that's much easier and has the same result.

That's my opinion on the matter, sorry :(. If you want to, and can do that, by all means go for it, and I hope it works out well for you. I want to see more Fox players ******. My playstyle isn't exactly crowd-pleasing or fancy anyway. I just do what comes naturally to me.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I didn't discourage anyone o.O If anything I support people doing it. My playstyle uses long distance shield pressure if you get what I mean ;)

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
i have seen your playstyle and comments early on when they added JC, and you have a point. But potential wise, shine always has a time, purpose, place, where it will exceed any other option. you can rack up some good damage with shine JC's and combos, of course you can throw em in the air as the other option with tilts and u-air chain, but with shine you can keep them on the ground and chase/gimp throw off stage. So there is a time and place for everything, i know the JC is awesome, but as long as there is an up smash out of shine, i am not sure if its consistency will ever be worth it

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I never said the JC shine was bad...I just don't use it. Doesn't fit my playstyle. I use shine for the frame one benefit, and I use it to shine stall.

shanus

Smash Hero
i have seen your playstyle and comments early on when they added JC, and you have a point. But potential wise, shine always has a time, purpose, place, where it will exceed any other option. you can rack up some good damage with shine JC's and combos, of course you can throw em in the air as the other option with tilts and u-air chain, but with shine you can keep them on the ground and chase/gimp throw off stage. So there is a time and place for everything, i know the JC is awesome, but as long as there is an up smash out of shine, i am not sure if its consistency will ever be worth it
I dont know how you are ever upsmash out of shine accidentally. Are you like slamming your head on the controller or something? Or are you jumping with the joystick and trying to aerial?

The hardest part is being fast enough to maximize the frame advantage you get from it.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i think would be abetter chacter if he had a shl

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
I disagree. How do you think it'd make him better?
its better when aproching u can cancel moves out like for exmple: shl+dash att or shl to dair or shl to grab and its better in the sky if u do a full jump and shoot then if u want to come back to the ground just press down while shooting and its safer and more quicker that way

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
its better when aproching u can cancel moves out like for exmple: shl+dash att or shl to dair or shl to grab and its better in the sky if u do a full jump and shoot then if u want to come back to the ground just press down while shooting and its safer and more quicker that way
Have you actually done this? Do you have video proof?

Fox doesn't have fast falling lasers, so an shl would be pretty garbage. It would nerf his camping game and give him no benefit in return. What you're telling me is pretty much what I can do now, minus one laser; why would I ever want less lasers?

ily2 allied :)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Check if you can sh, ff, and then laser, and still get the laser out. Fox's laser is fast enough I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact possible. If so, you have your sh ff lasers already... just not in the order you're used to.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I have always sucked with Fox, so excuse my asking. But how would a laser that doesn't stun help with approaching?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Makes em shield if they don't realize what you're doing. Tacks on %

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was always wondering why wasn't fox given ff to his laser? found the code so may aswell -_-

Rudra

Smash Ace
It wouldnt be a game changer like Falco's, but its just adds another layer of percision I guess...just like DI-ability would.

Rudra

Smash Ace
It would be a game-changer. IMO Falco dropped a tier because of the new laser.
I dont think its that severe. If anything, it just made matchups against larger characters a little more difficult now that you cant pin 'em down with ease while allowing you to hit the shorties a bit easier. Seems like a decent trade. Fox on the other hand, could keep his SHDL as well as have SHL as an option since its not as much of a deterant against taller characters like Falco's.

The only question is....do the other Fox+ mains even want it?
:005:

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
larger characters a little more difficult now that you cant pin 'em down with ease while allowing you to hit the shorties a bit easier.
Not really. IIRC shanus or another of the WBR members said the minimum height shot is no lower than a standing shot. The FF laser might be slightly faster, but it's no easier to hit short characters.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Not really. IIRC shanus or another of the WBR members said the minimum height shot is no lower than a standing shot. The FF laser might be slightly faster, but it's no easier to hit short characters.
Hmm, you're right. I guess the added speed while keeping those low shots is what makes it better for approaching them so long as they dont crouch.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Wellll now that you mention it....

Jab -> usmash
Less cooldown from offstage bair
dair doing 10% per hit
dair usmash working again
same laser speed, but stun properties
bat wings

10biasms

Turazrok

Smash Master
You're almost DEFINITELY wrong lol.

His new laser severely reduced his camping ability. =\
Only against tall people. His new laser is closer to melee's laser, which was one of the BEST camping tools, if not the best. It now has better height control as well.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
B forward canceling, B forward canceling, B forward canceling, B forward canceling, I can't stress this enough in fox gameplay... it allows for very fast, large horizontal recovery, as normally after a full illusion, Fox loses all of his inertia, but a half cancel or even a full cancel retain his inertia and can be a great recovery move, as well as setting up combos with proper spacing... i hope to upload vids to that effect within the next few weeks

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
I know this may sound weird, but has anyone got any tips on handling Ike and MK? I already have characters that demolish both of them but my friend has gotten good making it harder for me to beat them with Fox and even Falco (my fastest character).

Turazrok

Smash Master
I know this may sound weird, but has anyone got any tips on handling Ike and MK? I already have characters that demolish both of them but my friend has gotten good making it harder for me to beat them with Fox and even Falco (my fastest character).
They don't have projectiles. You do.

Top Bottom