• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind Games Son I : 5pm Wednesday, December 17th! SHORT ONE DAY NOTICE ! TUSTIN CA

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So from now on, I'm going to be hosting medium to smaller sized tournaments at my apartment in Tustin for anyone in the area or if anyone wants to make the drive. This special last minute tournament is a fundraiser to help get Princess Aura to WCSL. Basically, I will be charging a 2$ venue fee at the door. Keep in mind we are USING MY APARTMENT AND I AM OPENING MY PLACE UP FOR EVERYONE. Usually people charge a venue fee and take it for the venue. I would normally be doing this, but instead, the proceeds of the venue fee go directly to the Princess Aura's ticket back from WCSL fund, LoL.

Future tournaments will not be fundraisers but more will be held, on a real notice and more regular weekend dates.

The title of my tournament series is called

MIND GAMES SON I (AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3955 )

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008
Singles and Teams
Time: 5pm-11pm
Entry Fee: $5 singles, $5 per team, $2 dollar entrance

EDREES' SPECIAL : If you use only mid tier or low tier character throughout the tournament, I will cover the cost of your entrance fee. This may apply to future tournaments dependent if it goes well. I'm doing these for the community and the more varied characters the more fun it is, so I don't mind paying some to bolster that result.

ADDRESS:
2284 Juniper Road, Tustin CA 92780
CONTACT #:
949 294 5737

PARKING : PARK ON "RAINTREE" ROAD. ITS FREE PARKING AND CLOSE TO THE APARTMENT. LOTS OF SPOTS AVAILABLE!

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Tournament Details:
Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Random will be chosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Standard double elimination

Teams:
-3 stock 8:00 with NO Items.
-Random will be choosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-Double Elimination

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Flat Zone II (just kidding)\

Additional Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods and tactics used to stall a match are banned
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
*Any player may call for a rock paper scissors match to decide on controller port to get first pick, then next get gets 2nd pick, back back to first team 3rd pick, etc.
*Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is banned

Stalling: running the clock out in a match for over a minute without any hits being made will be considered excessive stalling and will not be permitted.

NOTE: Please take your shoes off, and keep the place clean. if I have any spills or messes, my roomate may not be cool with me holding more of these. So just don't be dumb and it should be cool!

PLEASE BRING TVS AND WIIs. I HAVE TWO TV's ONE WII AT THE PLACE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO BRING A WII WITHOUT A TV. MY GOAL IS 5 TVS THAT WILL GET IT DONE IN TIME!

TVs

1)Edrees
2)Edrees
3)
4)
5)

Wii's
1)Edrees
2)
3)
4)
5)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Mind Games Son... MGS

Metal Gear Solid

.... wow, mind games... son!

too good adress

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I would be interested if I could carpool with someone from San Diego area. Anyone down?

EDIT: LOL, of course you'd ban Rainbow Cruise Edrees...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
rainbow cruise is banned for being an unbalanced stage. I also banned luigi's mansion which is amazing for peach, because it's not a fair stage to fight on. same with rainbow. hehe.

If I decide to open up rainbow cruise (which I may next time) I'd also open up pokemon stadium 2, norfair, pirate ship and so on because these stages are no less balanced than rainbow.

Luigi's is just plain not right under any circumstances.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've been sticking ANYONE's tourney that requested it for them if it was within a few days. I don't see how this is different. I stickied race's tourney when he asked, i stickied havok's tourney when he asked. Its for any tournies that are coming up soon and aren't weeklies to help gather last minute attention.

JDM

Smash Champion
Your place is really close to mine that my brother can take me there.

If there is nothing is happening(aka melee tournies) at your next tourney you host I'll come over.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Woah, a smash event I can actually make it to! Sort of, wish Id seen this two days ago I couldve rescheduled tutoring someone -_- . Well I might or might not be late, but I'll still try and go for any portion I can since this might be the only chance I get to smash with ppl irl for awhile. I'm driving from the 805 and will be driving through LA county so if anyone would like a ride PM me, Ill try and leave as early as I can so I can make it on time. Oh yeah, Ill also bring a wii setup/whatnot.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Edrees Fell into the peer pressure and unstickied the thread. :( For shame Smashers.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
No, it wasn't peer pressure. I unstickied it because I got enough attention for this 20-25 people. My place may not be able to handle more until I have more time to prepare next time =) If more people come than that's cool but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get more so hence the unsticky!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
For you yes! But.... I thought you knew this already ;)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Your next Bardull! <3

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
results will be posted soon. expect more of these tournaments later. If it's sunny we can use the outdoor porch area and I could set the cap to as much as 45. I'm impressed by the 21 person turnout. We even had half the female brawlers of socal there, someone from palmdale, and someone from texas. regional tournament ftw?

aznforce817

Smash Lord
results will be posted soon. expect more of these tournaments later. If it's sunny we can use the outdoor porch area and I could set the cap to as much as 45. I'm impressed by the 21 person turnout. We even had half the female brawlers of socal there, someone from palmdale, and someone from texas. regional tournament ftw?
ahah Edrees u know they came for you man. ;) of course if i went there we'd have the whole female community :chuckle:

Top Bottom