• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mikey presents: Almost as Cool as Genesis - Brawl, Melee, SF4-Mississauga, ON 6/6/09

Cyan_

Smash Lord
You just don't get it.

Cyan knows :laugh:
Haha, Anth. He'll go Luigi and I'll autolose. :( Then I'll CP Green Greens then apple kill at 0%.

Btw, Ally, drenin, YER DONEEEE. Ally, wanna actualy do a MM?

Drenin, falcon dittos, chyeaaaa. friendlies or MM idc

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Is this a freaking joke? like 12 TVs total for both? This is in ONE WEEK, and there's 12 TVs TOTAL.

BRING MORE TVs.

(side note: I might be able to get my brother to drop me to this, but no promises again.)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
i wuld bring more but 3 is enough already
Im not talking about anyone in general. I'm just really shocked by the amount of pre-registered attendees and the incredibily limited number of TVs. I would be able to bring more too, but the one TV I'm able to bring is the only one that doesn't lag like a ***** when I play smash on it.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
There will not be a tv dedicated to 64.

It will be one tv dedicated to the side events (including the low tier event for 64/brawl). The tv's on the list does not include the tv that will be used to run this event. We'll be using ssb64 emulator for the wii, not a n64. No friendlies will be done one this tv.

We have a VERY good low tier volunteer for 64 already. Anybody wanting to try out to be one of the low tier users for the event will be more than welcome.

masterdrenin

Smash Apprentice
so wait does this mean i don't have to bring my 64?
because i don't wanna lug it over there on my back for nothing lol
if there's an emulator can we still use n64 controllers (64 controllers are awesome!)
why do we need low tier stuff for 64 tho... CF isn't low tier in 64 ;P
i kinda wanna bring goldeneye too lol that game is ****

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I'd bring a TV, but I'd have to start walking right now... pitch a tent along the highway. Then end up getting mugged.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sign me up. I'll bring a Wii+Brawl, and my video camera. I'll take a TV too if I can find a reeeally easy way to bus to/from the event. (I know nothing about navigating the GTA :urg:)

Actually, does anyone have a Coax adapter for Wii (or I guess gamecube)?? I have a small tv I could easily bring but it only has coax input (and kinda sucks lol, it's small). But I'll prolly bring my digital Sony CRT (it's a CRT so no input lag I assume???? but idk tbh).... but that tv's only if bussing to event is super easy

or if someone can pick me up from greyhound bus terminal?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I'll gladly face anyone here in GoldenEye, yes that includes the legendary Ally. :laugh:

Organize rides for people who would bring TVs but can't because they're forced to take the bus.

masterdrenin

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I don't have Perfect Dark lol... I've always wanted to play it.
The only thing I'm good at in goldeneye is golden gun on stack lol
Fine, I'll bring my n64, but if we can't use it ima cry xD

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OMFG N64 games made by Rare make me ****.

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
DK64
Diddy Kong Racing
Conker's Bad Fur Day

I came.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i can bring a (small ***) tv and a wii, plus brawl or melee just lemme know. also i have a really good capturing setup that records in game audio and video plus commentary, but i have to come a bit early to set up my computer (yes its a computer not a laptop) let me know if you need it, cuz if you dont then im not gunna bother. i dont need a ride anymore aswell i got the van and 4 extra seats for anyone who is in hamilton or on route.

add me on msn for a ride its wagonboy_3000@hotmail.com

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Good shiz sauc3.

On a side note, I've been trying to figure out how to add Smash64 to my wii. Can anyone here teach me how to, or find me a good tutorial? Wii64 is crap, lags like a *****.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Alrighty sounds good to me!

Which weapon set can we agree on?

I was thinking Automatics or Pistols

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Niko, we gotta have Melee friendlies this tournament. WE MUST. No more delaying, lol. I'm entering Melee singles too.

Oh, and I'll $1 MM you Goldeneye, automatics, Oddjob is banned.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Alright, I guess Montreal will be: Ally, ThatGuy, Holy. We will bus to Toronto, then use the metro or subway w-e u call those lil trains to Missisauga. From there, should we head to Danny's house? who's 100% housing us on Sat Night after tourney? we also need a lift to the tourney. Thanks for the help. I should prob IM Mikey about it.. lol

Sorry Niko, I guess I'm teaming with my brother since he's coming XD.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Bus directions will be up momentarily

....this TV situation is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Sorry guys, its going to have to be 2 stock brawl pools or straight bracket.

If anyone needs any other specific bus directions please post and ask. This is from Square one, and I figured most people will train it to there first from Toronto.

idea

Smash Master
Good shiz sauc3.

On a side note, I've been trying to figure out how to add Smash64 to my wii. Can anyone here teach me how to, or find me a good tutorial? Wii64 is crap, lags like a *****.
yeah, like whoever said, twilight hack (google it, it's a lot of steps but not very hard to do) and then find a smash64.wad file somewhere. they're about as easy to find as regular roms. i think i got mine off TPB. oh, and if you updated your wii recently, there's a new thing to replace the twilight hack, i think called bannerbomb, but i don't know anything about how it works.

i was playing it just today, actually...works well for me since all my n64 controllers are worn out. the gamecube joystick is a bit sensitive for it so it's a bit hard to get used to there...and i kept trying to use c-stick for aerials, but c buttons all jump in smash 64. the other buttons are set up to feel a lot like melee/brawl.

also, subscribed.

edit: goldeneye? definitely getting in on that if i go to this =D maybe just friendlies with whoever. proximity mines EVERYWHERE.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Based on this ridiculous tv situation, I'm going to call tv rental businesses tmrw, pot **** might ensue : (

About the food situation: Danny tells me its not bad to go get food in the street during bread and honey festival - can anyone refute this point?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ambrose told me he's coming, so assuming he's got that same old tv he always brings, then thats at least one more?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Alrighty sounds good to me!

Which weapon set can we agree on?

I was thinking Automatics or Pistols

Automatics and Pistols sounds fine to me. It's either that or we go kinda like loser picks weapons, then again if I lose a match I'd probably go Grenade Launchers and be relentless with it lol.

So just making sure, it's Complex the entire time eh?

I should ban you from smoking up before the match to further cripple your chances of winning. :laugh:

Top Bottom