• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mikey presents: Almost as Cool as Genesis - Brawl, Melee, SF4-Mississauga, ON 6/6/09

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Sorry, I was just really pissed off that day only to find a stupid comment.

We'll just do a 5 $ but I didn't mean what I said, sorry.

And KC, I know the diddy matchup very well, I can handle a couple bananas here and there.
aight so we cool :)

mikey i think kc said he can bring a tv. just wait for him to post confirming.
also on the sf4 event, wasnt zaf said to help run it because he rly wanted it.il try getting in contact with him

DaDesiCanadian

Smash Rookie
It will happen at 8, there are no doubts, its just not a main event - its side. I will try to do everything in my power to have it start earlier. The second that round 3 brawl bracket is done, SF4 tourney will start. At the very least there will be 1 dedicated SF4 setup running all day long.

Edit: just to explain more - this was intended to be a Smash Bros tourney. Then, I got the venue for a long time, longer than I expected and I know that Brawl will end early. So to encourage a driver from Montreal to bring his car down, I threw in a SF4 SIDE tournament as in - if everything gets done nicely, then SF4 can happen. Then, I told Danny that SF4 side tourney will happen and SF4 is his main game, so he wants an ok turnout (BuddahForce), so therefore I decided that I WILL run the SF4 tourney starting at 8, when brackets for Smash start dying down.
I got total respect for the fact that this is organized by Smash players, for Smash players. I didn't mean to sound rude by coming in and demanding stuff, heh. I understand that Smash gets total priority, which is why I just didn't want to get peoples hopes up about this tourney, only for them to make the trip and find out nothing is happening for SF4.

The problem is, SF4 is a very very slow game, and a 8:00 pm start for even a 20 man tournament is too late. We've done the math tons of times before, and assuming we get let's say 2 TV's, even that's going to take 3.5 - 4 (and that's not even counting semis/winners/grand finals, since you have to play them in series) hours. However, real delays do happen, so that usually gets stretched to 4.5-5 hours. So then if it starts at 8:00, you'd have to cap the number of entrants to around 10-15.

Since you said you wouldn't mind having 1 dedicated setup running all day, could we use that MUCH earlier to start the tournament? Like around 2:00 pm? We could get a looooot of matches out of the way that early. It's just a request, it would be awesome if you could accomodate us.

The plus side for you, is that you get more venue fees, and some of the 4 players are likely to join smash also. :)

P.S.: I don't mind helping run it, I can bring my laptop with Tournament Maker, which has all the SF4 seeds pre-entered.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey, I noticed I'm not on the confirmed list so you can add me.

Also, I'd love to be a part of the low tier side event with my Lucas, he's boss.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yeah confirm me for this too,
team jin n sawyer gonna take this **** all the way =D

KC18

Smash Journeyman
ya mikey i can bring i t.v for sure man. and it can be used for either melee or brawl whichever needs it most, not this bullshi.t where it has to be brawl or melee lmao so stupid

Mikey7

Smash Lord
ya mikey i can bring i t.v for sure man. and it can be used for either melee or brawl whichever needs it most, not this bullshi.t where it has to be brawl or melee lmao so stupid
Cool thx, I have you grouped under Niagara for tvs : p

@pasta - that tourney also had 40 people : ( this should be 60, 70 most likely. + melee

Bus directions will be up Saturday

Gerjay

Smash Rookie
Ohhh, Zaf is coming down, I think that's the guy I met at MAT this weekend, makes sense that he wants 4.

ANYWAYS, Mikey, any chance you have a rough estimate on the # of players we can expect for SF4? I'm sure there's more than just the few mtlers that play both smash and SF4. Just wondering, because I don't want you to be committed to running an SF4 side-tourney without having enough time for it to finish, with the venue closing at... 1:30 I think is what you said.

Thanks for hosting this btw.

PS - I'll take any MMs in SF4.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Ohhh, Zaf is coming down, I think that's the guy I met at MAT this weekend, makes sense that he wants 4.

ANYWAYS, Mikey, any chance you have a rough estimate on the # of players we can expect for SF4? I'm sure there's more than just the few mtlers that play both smash and SF4. Just wondering, because I don't want you to be committed to running an SF4 side-tourney without having enough time for it to finish, with the venue closing at... 1:30 I think is what you said.

i dont think zaf can make it

Fogel

Smash Lord
Myself and a couple of Ottawa people might be able to make this (aside from bueno who's already confirmed). Would anyone be able to house us Friday/Saturday night? We would definitely want to arrive on Friday so we could be there for doubles. I could probably bring a setup or two depending on car space.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
k i might as well try finding a ride

Ill pay whoever can drive me to here and back $50. i live in markham

someones gotta have some extra space, and sauga isnt far from here

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm not going to be entering the tourny, because I haven't played Brawl in forever, but I'm coming for Brawl+ friendlies.

Mind if we borrow a TV like at Natfod where you guys saved a TV for Smash 64?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I'm already teaming with Ace at this one.

We're gonna **** doubles :)
Maybe, but if i see you in singles you're getting infinited :)

And like I said before, not absolutely sure if Fatal is coming or not, if he does, we'll team, if he dosn't, I need a back up partner.

Cyan? Hype? Percon? Ambrose?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Maybe, but if i see you in singles you're getting infinited :)

And like I said before, not absolutely sure if Fatal is coming or not, if he does, we'll team, if he dosn't, I need a back up partner.

Cyan? Hype? Percon? Ambrose?
Team with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My Italian brother is abandoning me for my Asian brother :laugh:

Double MKs are good in teams I herd.

.decoy

Smash Ace
confirm me..

k i might as well try finding a ride

Ill pay whoever can drive me to here and back $50. i live in markham

someones gotta have some extra space, and sauga isnt far from here
i'll take you

msg me where youre at

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
confirm me..

i'll take you

msg me where youre at
91 Smoothwater Terrace, its a new subdivision my Dad had the most difficult time finding it lol.

And Anth0ny, if Fatal can't come i'll team with you.

EDIT: I might also team with Judge for this, i've always wanted to team with him, so we'll see.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Just finished speaking to mikey. Currently we are at 8 tv's and we need a MINIMUM of 12. If there isnt atleast 12 then straight brackets will have to be run with no pools. Thats right a huge bracket. Unless you want this to happen more tv's are needed

Mikey7

Smash Lord

Gerjay: I spoke to desi, and I worked out that sf4 will start at 2 or 3, but will have to run off of 2-3 setups and Smash matches will have to have priority. I would like to limit the amount of players from the SF4 community (due to space reasons) to around 15-20. There shoudl be 5-10 other players joining from smash,

5ive - The reason it was seperate is because 1. it was a lag tv 2. we had a good person to tv ratio at natfod - so until people bring tvs, we can't have one open for b+ til after brawl or melee
-> summary: BRING TVS

Stos - bus directions will be up this saturday

Percon

Smash Lord
Hmm... so Ace ditched me again :o

lol jk we haven't teamed in a while anyway.

Anyway, my *reserved* team spot is with Brose, since that worked ok last time. If he's ok with that.

If not then Rob or someone or something.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, haven't posted here at all. And ****, is the tv situation really that bad? From what I see there is definitely more than 8, did people drop out at coming to this?

Oh yeah, if Ambrose comes, that is a tv. What about Avarice and SRTM? Man...tv situations suck...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Can you confirm my brother in this as well? Just put his name up as "Yoh".

Anyone up any money matches?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Jarred, you don't care how much MMs are? lolol, whta about silverdoc's $50 MM, LOLOL. What a guy.

And yes....for the millionth time, my MM with you has priority, so it WILL happen, don't worry, lolol you are such a jew. But depending on how much I have, it may not be $10 anymore, least it will be is $5

pastaboy

Smash Champion
thats fine ,the 1-5$ range is all i am rly doing. lol G, i just am so hyped to play you, i havnt played you since you went into the hyperbolic time chamber so i cant wait to see tha new skillz

Top Bottom