• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Aren't damaged models, or in this case edited through battle costumes deconfirmed?
Doesn't stop me from wanting it.

That screams Hulk way too much.

On that note why is this thought only now occurring. Giga Mac gets rid of his shirt normally, too.
Giga Mac was already pretty similar to Hulk anyway. Might as well go all the way. Forgot he already takes off the shirt though. Good point there.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Only problem with that Fusion samus suit is bigger then the other M suit and would change the size of samus.
Is it really? Couldn't they change the proportions or something? I don't think their differences are that much different than female and male Wii Fit Trainers...

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
No, Hyrule Warriors. Queen Zelda easily took SS Zelda's place as the best Zelda and looks the greatest for battle.

That, and I wouldn't wanna see adorable SS Zelda getting smacked around anyways. :<

I was finding the perfect time to use this. This will do.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
That, and I wouldn't wanna see adorable SS Zelda getting smacked around anyways. :<
It’s a weirdly thin line, isn’t it? I mean, Little Mac fighting Princess Peach in Smash isn’t going to be a big deal any more than Guile and Chun-Li fighting in Street Fighter. But had Peach ended up as the secret opponent in Punch-Out!!, that would have been… a little unsettling to say the least.

Skyward Sword Zelda strikes me as an innocent teenage girl in design and characterization, whereas Twilight Princess Zelda is all combat-ready steely resolve. So, long story short, I agree.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they went with the pink sweatsuit as an alt.
It's reassuring to know that Justin Bailey Zamus is still probable.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I just want to point out to all the people saying/believing this:

Wire Frame Mac is a recolor. Not a model change/actual "costume" (ala Overalls Wario/Male Wii Fit Trainer). It's closer to Civilian/SS Link than an actual alt.

This one is his "true/first" alt as it's more than just a palette swap.
Thank you. This is exactly what I've been thinking. Wire Frame Mac isn't a costume. It's just a recolor.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Is it really? Couldn't they change the proportions or something? I don't think their differences are that much different than female and male Wii Fit Trainers...
True i guess the bigger parts like the shoulders probably would not change anything.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
So I just got my roof replaced and because I claimed some stuff (gutters, shed, AC unit, interior water damage) which were all only cosmetic, I get to pocket like $1,890.00. I'm totally getting my Wii U soon.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
I hope the sweatshirt rips off him like the hulk when he turns into giga Mac.Then he puts a new one on him after his final smash is over.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
One (or more, or optimally; all of them) of little mac's taunts better remind me of Rocky Balboa. Or else.

At the very least I'm sure I'll become the best Smash 4 commentator once I reveal my Rocky impressions during Little Mac matches.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This was probably my favorite update. After the repugnant Link palette swap alternate, I lost all hope for the costumes in the game; however, I was obviously pleasantly surprised that I got one of my most wanted costumes. After "wire-frame" Mac I did not expect this at all.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'm very glad that they're having fun with alts, it's very very creative and exciting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another new costume. And it appears there are still many of them yet to show. Interesting...

Today's picture was great.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm very glad that they're having fun with alts, it's very very creative and exciting.
Honestly, the alternative costumes mean more than the characters to me. The roster is absolute; once it is on the disc, it will not change unless DLC is introduced to the series. So in that respect, I can play a character over and over again, but eventually, it will begin to feel redundant. This is where the alternates are imperative, they help incite and retain my interest in the character. I was intending to main Mac and I already enjoy his dude-bro costume, but the beautiful pink jumpsuit was precisely what I wanted to make his character feel more diverse.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
At this point I'm expecting the Link costume will be reworked.
It would just seem weird to have an alt for Mac and a palette swap for Link. Priorities much?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Honestly, the alternative costumes mean more than the characters to me. The roster is absolute; once it is on the disc, it will not change unless DLC is introduced to the series. So in that respect, I can play a character over and over again, but eventually, it will begin to feel redundant. This is where the alternates are imperative, they help incite and retain my interest in the character. I was intending to main Mac and I already enjoy his dude-bro costume, but the beautiful pink jumpsuit was precisely what I wanted to make his character feel more diverse.
All of what you said is spot on. That's why I always love speculating costume ideas for fighting games or really ANY game just because it makes it a new experience and helps the replay value of games. I'm hoping for some very creative stuff with each character they can.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My two favorite characters (Wario and Lil Mac) get an alt, so awesome.

Now put Snake in and give him a Naked Snake alt and I'll love you forever Sakurai.
It would just seem weird to have an alt for Mac and a palette swap for Link. Priorities much?
Skyward Sword pajamas is just TOO specific and random to be an alt costume for a big character like Link. Honestly, if he got that as an alt instead of something better, I'd be pissed.

An alt color, on the other hand, is a neat reference.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
One is a newcomer, the other is not. :troll:

I agree with you though, if they do not rework his palette; they should, at the very least, give him a true alternate.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
And Sakurai makes a real alternate costume after the Skyward Link fiasco! The Smash community rejoices! Pink Hoodie Mac!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh neat that's really cool about Little Mac. *Hopes in seeing Toon Link in both the Outset and Conductor outfits increases*
Oh, but then there's is Link's Skyward Sword pallete swap.... *hopes in seeing Toon Link in both Outset and Conductor outfits while not being mere pallete swaps decreases....*
Well it's interesting to know that there are more alts that we don't know about, hopefully it won't just be the newcomers that get this treatment.

D

Deleted member

I made a promise to myself that I would main Mac only if the hoodie was an alternate.

Looks like I'm gonna be picking up Little Mac. HYPE!

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
That's incredible!! Now I have hope for at least one costume for each character.

Now Sakurai, about that recolor of SS Link.....you can still redeem yourself by doing a TP Magic Armor costume for him.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
That is so hype. I'm happy he's giving multiple costumes to characters. Little Mac's certainly got the best so far.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The pink suit is cool and all, but had we even seen the blue recolor to the right?

We've got two alt costumes for Mac alone now. Hopefully there will be a fair few other interesting ones this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The pink suit is cool and all, but had we even seen the blue recolor to the right?

We've got two alt costumes for Mac alone now. Hopefully there will be a fair few other interesting ones this game.
Yeah, we've seen that in the Smashfest demo, it's based on his World Circuit color in Punch Out Wii. He also has the title defense/champion color (Yellow gloves and tee) as an alt, and a white alt presumably based on the NES glitch (my signature.) All that's missing is the major circuit color. (different shade of blue for the tee and cyan gloves)

Also the wireframe alt is just a texture swap, just like Link's SS alt. The sweatsuit is the only costume alt.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Great update. Not only does this further add evidence that most, if not all, characters will be getting a nonrecolor ALT, but some will be getting multiple ones that strongly alter their appearance. I really hope this means that Dry Bowser and Masked Dedede will actually be a reality in this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't think this confirms alt costumes at all for most characters.

This was modeled for his entrance, so they probably figured that they might as well make it an alt to use. Would have been a waste otherwise.

I'm still not expecting alts beyond the necessary (Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Wario) and this convenient exception.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Could there actually be a model for Daisy instead of a recolor?! :O Probably not.

I'm waiting for Fire Peach and Fire Rosalina.

I made a promise to myself that I would main Mac only if the hoodie was an alternate.

I just wanted to reply to you because your avatar is so damn cool. I really like it!

Also, good luck on maining Little Mac!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Wario + Little Mac is the best combo.

Except for the fact that it's probably gonna be hard switching to the other what with their opposite playstyles lol.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Multiple costumes for one character?
Pit with 15 costumes confirmed, because Sakurai's bias.
Again, Wireframe is just a texture swap, not any different from green Mario or blue Link, while the hoodie is a new model. (Or not so new since it's in his entrance anyway.)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh cool pink jump suit mac so characters can have more than 1 costume this time around, (wireframe mac/pink jumpsuit mac)

So could see potential alternates for other characters and ones that can get in.

And i figured sakurai still has tons of stuff he did not show from E3 and the smash direct.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
pajamas Ness???? PLS
there are SO many alts that we could get now....HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Guys, don't get your hopes up.

This is an exception, not the rule. Since they modeled the hoodie for his entrance there wasn't any reason not to make it playable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well for alternate's for king k rool and ridley if confirmed.

For the king his brothers costumes and his boxing ring outfit.

And for ridley super metroid version and meta ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom