• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Again guys, Wireframe Mac isn't an alt costume. It's a texture swap, similar to the Skyward Sword Link texture swap, although Wireframe Mac looks a lot better.

Mac still only has one alt costume, just like Villager and WFT does. But I think this does speak volumes for the amount of work they're putting into character customization. I'm really hoping all characters get alt costumes, or at the very least, all newcomers. (Hooray for Pac-Man!)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Another Alt Costume for Little Mac? It looks like more of the alternate costumes are going to newcomers thus far, although it might just be Sakurai thinks revealing alternates for them will generate more hype. I like the Hoodie costume though, so no real complaints there.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
The fact that Little Mac has more than one alt makes me hopeful that other characters will get cool alts. It would be cool if some were unlockable too. Personally I'm hoping for Justin Bailey Zero Suit Samus and A Link to the Past Link.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mango needs to be Ameri-Mac with the tag USA! whenever he plays someone foreign.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I swear I'm going to laugh until I pee hard enough to propel myself to the moon if Sonic winds up with a Sonic Boom ALT and Pac-Man with a Ghostly Adventures ALT.
Toasterbrains ponders his life while he sobs, silently praying Pac-Man doesn't get an alternate costume that will give him nightmares.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I swear I'm going to laugh until I pee hard enough to propel myself to the moon if Sonic winds up with a Sonic Boom ALT and Pac-Man with a Ghostly Adventures ALT.
I'd love a Sonic Boom alt, actually. I wouldn't even use the normal model ever again if he had one.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Double Posting Warning Received
Guys, don't get your hopes up.

This is an exception, not the rule. Since they modeled the hoodie for his entrance there wasn't any reason not to make it playable.
It's not that easy at all. The hoodie in the entrance has a certain animation, and they had to recreate that animation for all of his moves. It's not a simple dress you make and then you can make him do whatever you want and make it work

I'd love a Sonic Boom alt, actually. I wouldn't even use the normal model ever again if he had one.
While I wouldn't go that far, I like nu Sonic too, kinda. I would like Classic Sonic more though.

Last edited by a moderator:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Makes me wonder if the reason Alfonzo takes over is due to Toon Link getting his conductor outfit.
Exactly what I was thinking

Edit:
So, if each character is getting one costume and at least one special color swap...

Little Mac:
Costume: Sweatsuit.
Special color swap: Green Wireframe.

Link:
Costume: Fierce Deity or an armor.
Special color swap: Beige Skyward Sword civilian tunic.

Toon Link:
Costume: Engineer (Conductor).
Special color swap: Light Blue Outset clothing.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Again guys, Wireframe Mac isn't an alt costume. It's a texture swap, similar to the Skyward Sword Link texture swap, although Wireframe Mac looks a lot better.

Mac still only has one alt costume, just like Villager and WFT does. But I think this does speak volumes for the amount of work they're putting into character customization. I'm really hoping all characters get alt costumes, or at the very least, all newcomers. (Hooray for Pac-Man!)
Just to add onto this, we got this as a PotD forever ago:

And it specifically talked about Miyamoto being the one who colored in the 'wire frame texture' on the original.

D

Deleted member

His entry animation should be unchanged. He throws off the hoodie to reveal that he is wearing...

...the hoodie. It would be so funny. Probably the only reason I'd want the animation unchanged is so that I could yell "SESAME SEED" whenever Mac enters with that costume in reference to this;

http://youtu.be/3DWcqQuZJ7I?t=14s

Last edited by a moderator:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Could there actually be a model for Daisy instead of a recolor?! :O Probably not.

I'm waiting for Fire Peach and Fire Rosalina.

I just wanted to reply to you because your avatar is so damn cool. I really like it!

Also, good luck on maining Little Mac!
I don't think the alts are going to be actually altering the character. I think that's why Peach's Daisy recolor makes her still noticeably Peach > It's still focusing on the character. So I could see Sports Peach/Pony Tail or something as an option rather than a full on Daisy model.

I think however, they are taking advice from Namco. As Namco usually has great alts for Soul Calibur/Tekken

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well no Palutena on Palutena Tuesday. Maybe Wario Wednesday will come through this time. If not then there's always Falco Friday to look forward to.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Does anyone else think its safe to say that if Wario is not revealed before release there won't be anyone being a 2nd rep from his series?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'm still hoping Sakurai puts in DLC like:

extra characters
extra costume alts
extra levels?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Basically what I got from today's pic: Newcomer's confirmed to get 10x as much effort put into them!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love alt costume updates. I hope there is a lot more, as Sakurai hinted. July is 1 from 1 so far, let's hope it's another month with a near perfect record!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's either Wario Wednesday or a Wasted Wednesday (aka filler.)

My guess is the latter.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Well folks, what are we getting tonight? Costumes? Characters? Nothing important? Luigi's nose? It's all a mystery that will soon be revealed. Stay tuned.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I really wish Sakurai would post something about the gameplay mechanics. Maybe chages he intends to make after E3. Eh, I'm asking for too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom