• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

soap

Smash Hero
im not sure how many people i got comin from cleveland, but im pretty sure ill have space for a couple in my living room.

(btw i have no furniture, bring stuff)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
im not sure how many people i got comin from cleveland, but im pretty sure ill have space for a couple in my living room.

(btw i have no furniture, bring stuff)
Soap you're the only other person I can ask; Can I possibly get a ride to this thing?

I can hand you the gas money as soon as you arrive here. I just really don't want to miss this. I already had to miss the BrawLOL C4 Galore event last weekend. XP

BunBun

Smash Master
Purdue is now johning out T-T

I have to write a freaking skit in Japanese and the only day my group is free to work on it is Saturday =/

soap

Smash Hero
Soap you're the only other person I can ask; Can I possibly get a ride to this thing?

I can hand you the gas money as soon as you arrive here. I just really don't want to miss this. I already had to miss the BrawLOL C4 Galore event last weekend. XP
i'm actually already in cbus.....

my sister may drive down with maybe noJOes + vidjo, but it is all very sketchy atm. She said she is prolly 2 busy, so i don't even know. If I find out she is coming I will tell her to scoop u up.

soap

Smash Hero
just write it right now

or, you could just say youre not free saturday just like theyre not free sunday or w/e and make them john out of their plans
i always feel like i am doing the wrong thing johning out of plans with other people and stuff for smash.... It doesn't really stop me though

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
i'm actually already in cbus.....

my sister may drive down with maybe noJOes + vidjo, but it is all very sketchy atm. She said she is prolly 2 busy, so i don't even know. If I find out she is coming I will tell her to scoop u up.
Ok thanks bro. Just keep me updated as much as you can. ^.^;

Drephen

Smash Master
we got like 3 mics lol

lets doo ittttttttttttttttt

guarantee the vids will be 80% better and like 2000 more views if there is commentary

shouldnt be that hard to figure out right? im sure we can like google a program or somethin

Skyson

Smash Ace
Will bring my mic, and look for some kind of program that could voice record. They'd have to be compatible with the programs/devices used to record the matches, right? What stuff is being used to record the matches?

I might be journeying far and wide for a doubles partner. Will go either Sheik or all low-tier (Mewtwo, Kirby, and Pichu ftw) for lulz. I didn't think to ask at 5.5 because I didn't really have the money.

But I plan on bringing around $35-$40 overall, so I may as well get involved in anything.

So, doubles for anyone else partnerless and interested? SSB64 money matches have priority with me, but I have stuff left over. >_>

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
drepehen and sliq = ultimate commentary team

drepehn's commentary from RoM was the ****, and so was sliq's from SMYM...obviously they need to get together for this...

and they need big r with random funny *** **** to say

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I CALL COMMENTARY ON ANY MATCH THAT HAS HOOD IN IT (the OVERTLY obnoxious link player)

commentary will devolve down into straight up slander of his character, in game and out of game that is.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i'm down for some commentary. this time ima speak into the microphone and not let SOMEONE steal it...

but can i commentate on my matches....im gonna be in all the good ones so

Drephen

Smash Master
well they usually use a thingy where it plugs straight into the tv and u stick you flash drive and it records it onto there

so if we were to use commentary we would have to record the vids on the laptop?

not sure exactly how it works

but yeah me+sliq on commentary = gg

aquteen

Smash Ace
drephen is correct if we want commentary my recording device would not be the best to use. We could just record the commentary then overlay it over each match individually but that would take a very long time and I'm not about to do it for 30 vids.

Dopey

Smash Lord
this is gonna be too good, me an trail and montross are coming down on friday WOOT oldschool MI represent!

btw montross is really good and needs a teammate thats really good. he plays fox and marth so he like tippers and stuff.

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
i could just hook up a mic to my laptop, have people commentate into it and then record what they say, then we can use like iMovie or whatever and place the commentary over the game...

would be more work probably, but its possible if nothing else works.

Big_R

Smash Champion
do work if you can!

and speaking of montross and fc, doesnt he come out like once a year and get like 4th in teams at FC. lol crazy...

4% APR

Smash Champion
I remember that. Him standing there while mikey did work with a beam sword. haha i loved fc

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, shiz better get commentated on, I'm excited to see the results of this...

Whoever uploads remember to get the password from me so you can upload it onto the channel with SMYM9 and POE2 on it. Keep em all in one place...

GO SLIQ!

aquteen

Smash Ace
peeefsmash, there is a good chance that i'll be uploading the videos so you should pm me that youtube channel pasword.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Which neighbor's backyard would be the best to walk through? I think you said someone wouldn't mind but which one is it?

Sliq

Smash Master
I've reserved a hotel room at an Econo Lodge near the venue.

50 E Wilson Bridge Rd, Worthington, OH, 43085

Right now it is me and Jiano (and Souroush if he goes with Jiano). Big D and Juke have first dibs, but I may have space available in my room if anyone needs it. If not, you can always get your own room, and hope that a lot of other people also show up their, and you can just split the cost.

My cell is (330)-575-2866, so you can call me and find me if you end up going to the Econo Lodge and I can see if I have space.

I might also be bringing some MI people, but I'm not certain yet.

Sliq
Jiano
*Souroush*
*alcoady*
*Big D*
*Juke*

Right now the room is going to have 2-6 people in it, and I would say that 6 is probably the max that I am going to want in the room.

EDIT: Ignore this, I found housing.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey, that second guy that's coming with me is very new. When we get there, please understand that this will be his first tournament. Why do I say this? I know someone whoes first tournament involved someone raging, kicking someone in the chest while they were sitting still, and ran out of the venue. I want to show him how awesome a tourny is, not how nerve racking it is.

Also, if you could, throw him tips after the match, because all he's been hearing from is me and all he's been watching is Scar. Some variety would be awesome.

Also, I'm bringing one set-up and I'm leaving here around 6 which should get me there around 10. That should put us there in time to sign up, set up, and warm up. Is that cool or did I miss something?

Top Bottom