• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, I'd welcome any additional changes that the devs think will help the game, on any schedule. I just think it's unlikely.

I think over-patching is an imaginary boogeyman that has never actually been a problem in any competitive game I've ever been aware of. League of Legends has the most aggressive patch service in history, and that games seems to be doing decently.

It makes me think of national surpluses. "Yes, technically it is a big economic problem if a government runs a huge surplus. But not only is that not a current issue for a single nation on earth, literally all of them have the opposite problem."
Was talking about having to test every move in the game again for changes that really aren't there.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
double post, ignore

:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6%
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%
Monkey Flip Grab 12% -> 10%. Jump 10% -> 8%. Extra hitbox in kick, now is 14%/12%/10% from 14%/12%
Fsmash Ending lag increased
what the heck is an Fsmash? everything here is written out in full and then Fsmash.. is that Final smash because you wrote forward out the other times, or did you mean forward smash?
from the side by side video from clash tournaments youtube channel they show forward smash unchanged. so again I ask do you mean final smash or forward smash?
https://youtu.be/jtSljkQ_Ndw

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Good lord I had no idea how much I used Down + Down C-Stick to D-Tilt until this patch removed that functionality

Like, I understand the benefit of the C-Stick consistently always doing Smashes but not being able to tilt anymore just feels terribad

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
what the heck is an Fsmash? everything here is written out in full and then Fsmash.. is that Final smash because you wrote forward out the other times, or did you mean forward smash?
from the side by side video from clash tournaments youtube channel they show forward smash unchanged. so again I ask do you mean final smash or forward smash?
https://youtu.be/jtSljkQ_Ndw
FSmash = Forward Smash

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Good lord I had no idea how much I used Down + Down C-Stick to D-Tilt until this patch removed that functionality

Like, I understand the benefit of the C-Stick consistently always doing Smashes but not being able to tilt anymore just feels terribad
I thought it was pretty much required to set C-stick to tilts, or did they fix the issue with not being able to control your aerial movement while using the C-stick when it's set to smash?

LightLV

Smash Ace
I mean, I'd welcome any additional changes that the devs think will help the game, on any schedule. I just think it's unlikely.

I think over-patching is an imaginary boogeyman that has never actually been a problem in any competitive game I've ever been aware of. League of Legends has the most aggressive patch service in history, and that games seems to be doing decently.

It makes me think of national surpluses. "Yes, technically it is a big economic problem if a government runs a huge surplus. But not only is that not a current issue for a single nation on earth, literally all of them have the opposite problem."
there are games where it can be an issue. I know Arc System Works fighters go through series of rebalance patches that thoroughly change the entire game, and most of them require a rebuy. But for games where it's really just a regular patch, no it's not an issue. At least, not when they don't do extensive changes and don't tell you what they are.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
G&W's down special seems to have just barely more start-up time.
Yoshi's down special seems like it does more SHIELD damage.
Jigglypuff seems like she has a little bit more aerial mobility. Rollout also seems very slightly buffed.

However, these are all just hunches. I'm terrible at testing these things.

Last edited:

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
Marth and Lucina have a differently sized meteor hitbox on their dairs compared to previous versions (as in neither of them require a tipper anymore). Dunno if it's been mentioned yet.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
It makes sense as to why Nintendo wouldn't release patch notes. As this topic has proven, people are terrible at spotting real changes, so most people won't notice much and really don't have a reason to complain.
I know. But I don't think i's fair to wait for someone to actually HACK the game so we can find out what changed, or go through months of trial and error.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, we all knew there'd be one of these eventually.

:4greninja:
- Infinite Shadow Sneak AT removed

In 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, a hard landing while the shadow was fully extended would disable the move's timer and allow the max range shadow to be held indefinitely. This no longer happens.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Marth and Lucina have a differently sized meteor hitbox on their dairs compared to previous versions (as in neither of them require a tipper anymore). Dunno if it's been mentioned yet.
Dair spike was never a tipper. If it hits on frame 11 (the only hitbox on frame 11 is the spike), it spikes, that is that. And it is unchanged.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was pretty much required to set C-stick to tilts, or did they fix the issue with not being able to control your aerial movement while using the C-stick when it's set to smash?
They did not fix this issue. However, I'm hoping that the changes they did make to C-stick "Smash" (that it can't perform tilts anymore) indicate that they are working on it, since I believe both issues are caused because C-stick "Smash" maps to a control macro instead of a pure function.

Last edited:

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
Dair spike was never a tipper. If it hits on frame 11 (the only hitbox on frame 11 is the spike), it spikes, that is that. And it is unchanged.
Oh is that so? My bad. A common misconception, it seems.
I was aware of the tight frame requirement, though; I just thought it needed to be a tipper on that frame.

Last edited:

DHM64

Smash Rookie
Nothing to :4duckhunt:? Yus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote for da Popo.

sgib64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sgib64
Looks like that the pac man team infinite trampoline exploit has been removed, if anyone can confirm that

Krypton

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Well, we all knew there'd be one of these eventually.

:4greninja:
- Infinite Shadow Sneak AT removed

In 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, a hard landing while the shadow was fully extended would disable the move's timer and allow the max range shadow to be held indefinitely. This no longer happens.

Now we just need to make all of his smash attacks do 1% and we're golden

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Great, more "better nerf Greninja" jokes that are overused.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ironically, that meme started because of the exact same nerf in the 3DS version 1.0.5.
It was actually still in in 1.0.5, the Shadow Sneak ATs removed in that version were Shielding Shadow Sneak (able to have the shadow out while shielding) and running SS.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Now we just need to make all of his smash attacks do 1% and we're golden
Because fixing a glitch that was of no to barely any practical use is intentionally nerfing a character to oblivion, much less actually affecting the character's viability.

Never been a more grating Smash "meme" than "better nerf Greninja".

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It's more of a bugfix than anything, but it didn't have much use because it was a rather cumbersome manuver.

Running SS was also removed as well on Wii U AFAIK, @ Lavani Lavani .

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
It's more of a bugfix than anything, but it didn't have much use because it was a rather cumbersome manuver.

Running SS was also removed as well on Wii U AFAIK, @ Lavani Lavani .
Yeah, but I believe the general point was that people will continue to use this to keep saying "Better Nerf Greninja" even though he's not the only character to get nerfed in the first 2 balance patches and is nowhere near the most inexplicable nerf in any of the balance patches. People will find any excuse to continue to complain about Greninja. It is, admittedly, a pretty silly meme.

Also, I'm sad that WFT's Deep Breathing slide was removed. That was my favorite dumb glitch.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Too bad it wouldn't make him in to a better character. There's quite a few things they'd need to change.
Wow, you really like hating on Mewtwo after all of... 5 days? Give him time, figure him out. He's a strange character in terms of mobility and abilities. Not saying that's going to make him high tier, but he doesn't appear to be bottom either. He's a new character in a partially established metagame. He's - well it - isn't an easy character to play either.

Krypton

Smash Cadet
Because fixing a glitch that was of no to barely any practical use is intentionally nerfing a character to oblivion, much less actually affecting the character's viability.

Never been a more grating Smash "meme" than "better nerf Greninja".
It was more of a comment on how obscure the glitch was than how useful it was, plus, it was incredibly difficult to pull off in the first place. The fact that they removed it isn't necessarily a bad thing, but comparing that to the other, bigger design issues at hand is laughable.

Didn't mean to cause you to lose your mind. Terribly sorry.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I found a change for all characters!!

This was performed randomly on Falco, Mario, and Marth. So you know how when you run off stage your character is falling with a flipping animation? In previous versions, that animation happened only if the character finished performing their initial dash before falling off.

In 1.0.6, your character will do the flipping animation even if your initial dash wasn't complete. A perfect character to try this on between versions is Marth because he has a very long initial dash (for those of you who don't know, an initial dash is the beginning part of your dash that you can't cancel with shield). Conclusion: standing at the ledge and running off will now do the special animation no matter how far you are from the ledge.

Will this affect anything? Since the animation can be canceled whenever, it won't. But it's still something that changed.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know. But I don't think i's fair to wait for someone to actually HACK the game so we can find out what changed, or go through months of trial and error.
Months? That's kinda an overstatement. Three days at most. Things would go faster if we strung a Wavebird to two systems and went down a checklist with KO%s/KO flash % organized from least to greatest per character. Which shouldn't be that hard with tournaments all over the place. Anything more mechanical, glitchy, or whatever was going to be put under the microscope anyway.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Months? That's kinda an overstatement. Three days at most. Things would go faster if we strung a Wavebird to two systems and went down a checklist with KO%s/KO flash % organized from least to greatest per character. Which shouldn't be that hard with tournaments all over the place. Anything more mechanical, glitchy, or whatever was going to be put under the microscope anyway.
By months, I meant a month or two of us testing it manually. Like, without hacking. which is why I said "or".

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, quick question.

Has the Mii Swordsman launch angle for his Fair changed?

I swear in everything before 1.0.6, it was about 55 angle or slightly more, now it seems to be a 45 degree angle or slightly less.

Sorry of this isn't the path 1.0.6 thread, i just didn't know where else to post it

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey guys, quick question.

Has the Mii Swordsman launch angle for his Fair changed?

I swear in everything before 1.0.6, it was about 55 angle or slightly more, now it seems to be a 45 degree angle or slightly less.

Sorry of this isn't the path 1.0.6 thread, i just didn't know where else to post it
This is the right spot. I don't know the answer to your question though.

Neb

Smash Lord
I have everyone and their mother telling me G&W's up tilt was changed/"nerfed". I still don't feel confidence in listing it especially when you and thinkaman say nay.
Also for the sake of sanity (and how small or superficial the change is if it exists) I took out the Peach note. Knockback or angle changes are just easier to wait for data.

Otherwise "updated". Hooray.
Look. Utilt has been tweaked. You have the entire G&W board in agreement.

Compare...

1:58 - 2:04 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLAjxdq0Jy4

to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlUmynoha5U

Whether or not this is significant enough to include in your OP is up to you. But at the end of the day, knockback is backward/stronger... ain't the same.

Other things G&W's are noticing are earlier uair/dsmash kills and a lengthier fsmash. These may need data for solid confirmation.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@ Neb Neb , the data dumped angle on 3DS was already 100 degrees (i.e. 'backward'/behind him). Both hits have this.
And honestly the previous patch video you linked me isn't showing much difference when both hits connect. Actually for the most part both hits rarely connect, even barely above 0%, maybe this is actually more of a hitbox fix like other characters got.

Although the final thing of the 1.06 video has the second hit actually sending forward? Referencing things that have two completely separate test conditions is awkward too.

Board-wide confirmation bias isn't anything unheard of either.

Last edited:

Neb

Smash Lord
Those were the resources I could offer you. When a character's BNB tools suddenly stop working, something has obviously changed. Our board continues to echo this.

Be it a knockback or hitbox adjustment, utilt does not chain the way it did previously.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yet the only videos you show me is up tilt not chaining at all... or sending people behind him like his hitbox data suggests still being the case, so your wording of what actually changed is confusing to me. The 1.06 video you showed had the second* hit sending forward rather than backwards, which seems different to how hitbox data we know suggests, but you're telling me it's the opposite...

Last edited:

hewhoamareismyself

Smash Rookie
Suggestion for the top post: move the group with rumors of hitbox alterations above those seemingly unchanged, it makes more sense with the explanation text below this way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He didn't really^

Second guessing himself amidst saying "please wait before putting forward these confirmations".

Suggestion for the top post: move the group with rumors of hitbox alterations above those seemingly unchanged, it makes more sense with the explanation text below this way.
done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom