• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm... People have mentioned that Mewtwo's ledge get ups are really weird like a lack of I-frames to cover Mewtwo or something, so that would probably be fixed since it would be stupid if Mewtwo gets punished all the time at the ledge while everyone else doesn't. Another would be the theory of that when Mewtwo's fully released to everyone, so will Mewtwo's customs. As of now, Mewtwo's like an early gift for players who bought both the 3DS and Wii U versions. Or it'll eliminate the customs glitch to use Mewtwo's "customs". I'm going to assume it will only be bug fixes like patch 1.0.5 (3DS) / 1.0.2 (Wii U). Don't get your hopes up and prepare for the placebo flood.

Edit: Assuming it is true.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Too bad it wouldn't make him in to a better character. There's quite a few things they'd need to change.
But it would make Mewtwo less disadvantaged compared to everyone else. One example for me would be Wolf in Brawl. On average everyone had a meteor cancel below 25 frames and the second highest was Meta Knight at 32 frames which doesn't matter really since Meta Knight. Wolf had 60 frames of delay and is a fast faller. Another would be Roy's dead zones if I understand correctly. Basically, this would like if say, Character B's tech rolls had no I-frames at all even though they were fairly fast. That's probably an oversight. Fixing it wouldn't suddenly make Character B high tier, but it would make Character B not screwed over by the game.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
There's no mention of Yoshi's Egg Toss on the front page, so I thought I'd mention it here. It seems to me like it takes him longer before he can act out of an Egg Toss (Aerial, at least). It seems like a change to IASA (Interrupt timing).

Even though I'm not an in-depth Yoshi player this still seemed fairly obvious to me. A common Yoshi tactic was to Short Hop -> Egg Toss -> Nair so that Yoshi would be using a N-air right along with the Egg Toss. Now he cannot N-air until he almost hits the ground.
Egg Toss is unchanged.

Patch 1.0.7 confirmed :awesome:

2015年4月16日

『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS
/ Wii U』をプレイされている皆さまへのおしらせ

クラブニンテンドーのキャンペーンで先行配信しております「ミュウツー」を使用して、「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」のいずれかをプレイした後にインターネット接続されますと、世界戦闘力が不正データと誤判定されてしまう場合があり、不正と判定されるとインターネットに接続できなくなる不具合を確認しております。プレイ中のお客様にはご迷惑をおかけすることとなり、誠に申し訳ございません。

現在、この症状を修正する更新データの準備を進めておりますが、更新データの配信までは、「ミュウツー」を使用して「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」をプレイすることは控えていただきますようお願いいたします。

なお、「大乱闘」、「インターネット」、「ワールドスマッシュ(for Wii U)」についてはこの不具合の影響はございません。

更新データの配信は準備ができ次第、本ページにおいてご案内させていただきます。

It says they will fix the Mewtwo bugs, but maybe they will change other things?
I doubt it, but you never know with Nintendo.
Well that didn't take long.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The purpose of patch 1.0.7, according to the post on the Japanese website, is to fix this error: http://smashboards.com/threads/you-have-been-disconnected-due-to-irregular-save-data.399070/

They're advising players (not sure if it means everyone, or just those experiencing the error) to avoid playing as Mewtwo in Classic, All-Star, Stadium games, Trophy Rush, and Smash Run. Wii U online play, multiplayer smash, and Smash Tour aren't affected.

No mention of balancing *phew*

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
The purpose of patch 1.0.7, according to the post on the Japanese website, is to fix this error: http://smashboards.com/threads/you-have-been-disconnected-due-to-irregular-save-data.399070/

They're advising players (not sure if it means everyone, or just those experiencing the error) to avoid playing as Mewtwo in Classic, All-Star, Stadium games, Trophy Rush, and Smash Run. Wii U online play, multiplayer smash, and Smash Tour aren't affected.

Good thing I barely play those modes lol.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
It's nice that they're addressing the issue quickly, but you'd think they would test that kind of stuff out in the first place. What were they doing that took so long if they didn't get that kind of basic testing done?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It's nice that they're addressing the issue quickly, but you'd think they would test that kind of stuff out in the first place. What were they doing that took so long if they didn't get that kind of basic testing done?
Eh, I can think of a few ways Mewtwo's mere existence could cause single player modes to go screwy depending on the specifics of how they're coded. I'll agree that ideally they should have caught the bug, but given that the single player mode is probably nowhere near the character code, it's understandable that they glossed over it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

2015年4月16日

クラブニンテンドーのキャンペーンで先行配信しております「ミュウツー」を使用して、「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」のいずれかをプレイした後にインターネット接続されますと、世界戦闘力が不正データと誤判定されてしまう場合があり、不正と判定されるとインターネットに接続できなくなる不具合を確認しております。プレイ中のお客様にはご迷惑をおかけすることとなり、誠に申し訳ございません。

現在、この症状を修正する更新データの準備を進めておりますが、更新データの配信までは、「ミュウツー」を使用して「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」をプレイすることは控えていただきますようお願いいたします。

A Mewtwo weight buff would be nice...^-^;

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tagging Shaya Shaya since you own this place~

Went and re-tested Zelda's destroyed Phantom regeneration timer, it actually seems to have been raised to almost exactly 10 seconds, not 9. Just mentioning so it can be fixed in the next OP update. (Just gotta replace 9 with 10~)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's always been that way. Make sure to set the CPU in training mode on 'control' though because it seems like CPUs always DI away in training mode now. G&W is unchanged.

:059:
I have everyone and their mother telling me G&W's up tilt was changed/"nerfed". I still don't feel confidence in listing it especially when you and thinkaman say nay.
Also for the sake of sanity (and how small or superficial the change is if it exists) I took out the Peach note. Knockback or angle changes are just easier to wait for data.

Otherwise "updated". Hooray.

LightLV

Smash Ace
I guess they don't want people dropping characters because of nerfs that they wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Either that or the placebo effect was intentional.
It's so silly though. The changes are so clearly inspired by the competitive scene. It's a patch to balance the game for competitive players, yet handled in a way that suggests we aren't supposed to notice or care. Yet the character everyone is complaining about happened to get his knees nerfed off.

I simply do not understand Nintendo as a company these days.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I cannot test this now (broken 3DS, Kismet has my Wii U), but in using Wario's custom moves, I think the timer for Rose-Scented Waft may have been upped. I seem to remember it taking 60 seconds to charge to full when I first tested it (I think that was 1.04), while I believe it took longer when I was using it in tournament on Saturday (70 seconds?). I could very well simply be mistaken, but it's worth checking.

Also, for all it's worth, pre-patch G&W U-Tilt sends people at a 100-degree angle (as in, slightly behind him). Isn't that what people thought was new in 1.06?

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman

Why? I already played those and nothing happened

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I simply do not understand Nintendo as a company these days.
Maybe put an iota of effort into rationalizing their decisions instead of immediately throwing your hands up and assuming that there's no reason behind anything they do? This is my issue with the "omg nintendo is dumb" crowd; it's really obvious that (despite Nintendo's actions being a big issue to them) they don't even try to figure out why they do what they do, because the idea that they're a bunch of idiots who do things "just cuz lol" conforms to their bias.

Last edited:

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Falco has faster Lasers and his Down air has a hitbox after the spike animation, just doesnt spike after that.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
That's...an odd oversight.

Falco has faster Lasers and his Down air has a hitbox after the spike animation, just doesnt spike after that.
Lasers are the same as they were before and his d-air has always had a non-spike hitbox after the initial spike animation.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
its now been confirmed! Jr Landing Dair end lag is now much faster on shield! (it wasnt in older Wii U versions)

visual proof
This seems to be perfectly in line with a previous post that "frame cancelling" works on shield now. Bowser Jr's Dair apparently automatically frame cancels and has 0(?) landing lag when it hits an opponent.

Someone should definitely look into this as it would mean there are several shield break combos from otherwise laggy aerials with high shield damage.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Maybe put an iota of effort into rationalizing their decisions instead of immediately throwing your hands up and assuming that there's no reason behind anything they do?
It's an irrational choice to exclude patch notes. It's either: a) Release them, and the player base acknowledges and works on their characters from there, or b) Don't release them, and have the playerbase fumble over themselves for a good month or two before they just compile them anyway, from which the player base acknowledges and works on their characters from there.

Not releasing them just assumes that Nintendo believes nobody cares, or nobody is going to look, or nobody is going to notice, or the collective ignorance somehow adds to the experience of the game...which all suggest a bunch of things, and none of them are particularly good. Hey, I'm not part of any "group" who hates nintendo. Just...from the perspective of a gamer in general, this was a really stupid mistake to happen twice in a row, and the fact that it's most likely not even a mistake just makes it infinitely worse.

This seems to be perfectly in line with a previous post that "frame cancelling" works on shield now. Bowser Jr's Dair apparently automatically frame cancels and has 0(?) landing lag when it hits an opponent.

Someone should definitely look into this as it would mean there are several shield break combos from otherwise laggy aerials with high shield damage.
That is quite interesting. I hope the effect is more broad than just one or two characters. If not for "Shield Break" combos, at least for some more offensive approaches that arent completely beaten by shielding.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How so? I was under the impression that those strong aerials would still have negative frame advantage, as all the "frame cancel" does is prevent the user from incurring shield hitlag.

LightLV

Smash Ace
How so? I was under the impression that those strong aerials would still have negative frame advantage, as all the "frame cancel" does is prevent the user from incurring shield hitlag.
But at the very least, it may open up more offensive approach options for the cast, since pretty much every aerial in this game that isn't faded are all punishable on block. Looks like in the video though, his blocked Dair at the very least puts him at neutral.

Does anyone know if it's only bowser jr, or other laggy characters like Ike, Bowser, Falcon's Knee, Link's Dair, ect?

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
He has 9 frames of landing lag if the landing hitbox connects. 25 frames otherwise. This was extended to connecting on shield, yes.

It might be related to the frame cancels like Falco's but I think Jr's is a different thing entirely.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was always uncertain whether or not perfect landings/frame cancelling effected shields or not. I've had anecdotal instances that made me think that was already the case in prior patches.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

2015年4月16日

I slapped this into Google Translate and got this:

April 16, 2015

"Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
/ Wii U "Information for everyone that has been playing
We are looking preceding delivery at Club Nintendo of campaign using the "Mewtwo", "simple", "All-Star", "stadium", "figure Rush", and play any of the "field Smash (for 3DS)" When after you are connected to the Internet, there is a case that the world fighting force is would have been misjudged as incorrect data, when it is determined that fraud and has confirmed a bug that can not be connected to the Internet. To customers in play will come to apologize for the inconvenience, I am sorry.

Currently, but we preparing for updating data to correct this condition, until the delivery of the update data, use the "Mewtwo", "simple", "All-Star", "stadium", "figure Rush", thank you "field Smash (for 3DS)" so that we will refrain from that to play.

It should be noted that, "large brawl", "Internet", there is no effect of this bug for "World Smash (for Wii U)".

As soon as you are ready to update data delivery, we will guide in this page.

In other words, they're patching out the Mewtwo online glitch. Chances are they'll also get rid of the glitchy customs D:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
He has 9 frames of landing lag if the landing hitbox connects. 25 frames otherwise. This was extended to connecting on shield, yes.

It might be related to the frame cancels like Falco's but I think Jr's is a different thing entirely.
Bowser Jr's Dair was always a unique move in this regard. The fact that the landing lag was not completely reduced to 0 always made me think about how smart and interesting that could be for other aerial attacks. How cool would it be if this reduction of landing lag on hit were applied to most if not all of aerials? You'd probably think "Oh, but that would just be L-cancels". But getting the full landing lag on whiff at the same time would encourage punishing and choosing to throw out moves wisely in the air. A deep combo game would be present while still encouraging dodging and punishing.

Anyway, testing for the hitlag-less aerial phenomenon on shield is difficult because you need two sets of hands and a lot of patience before issuing a verdict. I remember the night we discussed Falco's "L-canceled Dair" and it was an absolute mess of people struggling to understand what was really happening and how to replicate it in the first place.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I was always uncertain whether or not perfect landings/frame cancelling effected shields or not. I've had anecdotal instances that made me think that was already the case in prior patches.
Jr always had a "if Hitboxes connects: Allow interruption" command in Landing Dair which means if Jr hits someone, he will be able to do any move what so ever on the command frame.

however, the buff is that this time it works on shield since before it was hit on a shield it would act like it was a complete miss! meaning Jr would have a reaaaaally long end lag if it hit the shield

it could be a engine change that other attacks that requires "If hitbox connects" type of move do to anything like early end lag, diffirent move ect (dont know any moves on straight arm), it could work on shield aswell.
the engine change is just speculations and might be only affecting to Jr

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Fingers crossed they get rid of the glitchy customs by adding actual customs.
Aww! But 2XXX lets you morph into the stage and bair/dtilt spam every hurtbox to death! XXX3 lets you slow down time and become invincible! X3XX lets you Nabbit glitch anyone and SD. XX3X lets you spam Disable w in both directions with less lag!

Yeah, I want real customs. NOW. Mewtwo's turn Crazy Orders/Classic Mode into complete jokes, assuming you're willing to risk online play...

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Aww! But 2XXX lets you morph into the stage and bair/dtilt spam every hurtbox to death! XXX3 lets you slow down time and become invincible! X3XX lets you Nabbit glitch anyone and SD. XX3X lets you spam Disable w in both directions with less lag!

Yeah, we need real customs. NOW. Mewtwo's turn Crazy Orders/Classic Mode into complete jokes, assuming you're willing to risk online play...
Customs aren't needed for Mewtwo, but they would be nice since Confusion and Disable are ineffective in some matchups, predominantly Mewtwo's likely-worst matchups.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Customs aren't needed for Mewtwo, but they would be nice since Confusion and Disable are ineffective in some matchups, predominantly Mewtwo's likely-worst matchups.
Yeah. need was the wrong word. I'd still love a disable that actutally does something good for humanity, or a Confusion that forces a tech.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah. need was the wrong word. I'd still love a disable that actutally does something good for humanity, or a Confusion that actually forces a tech.
Disable is a solid move--virtually nothing in the game offers that level of reward on frame 16. The only things I can think of that are comparable to this are:
  • Zelda toes
  • Falcon knee
  • Marth tipper f-smash
  • Ganon Dark Fists
  • Jigglypuff Rest
Just outside it are:
  • Rosalina f-smash (a bit weaker)
  • Little Mac f-smash (a bit slower)
  • ZSS Boost/Lateral Kick (a bit weaker)
All of these moves have special requirements or severe, obvious drawbacks.

Disable (-> partially-charged tipper f-smash) really is one of the best overall damage/knockback/speed/range moves in the game, with a dozen unique, oddball, niche weaknesses to balance it out.

Meanwhile, Confusion is good on the ground, great in the air, and super great in the air against foes with no double jump--all of this as long as your opponent isn't named Sheik.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby can HUP cancel into shield when hit by Confusion to avoid all options excluding D-Tilt, which is beat by anything else. I'm not sure about aerial Confusion, though. I've never messed with that.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Kirby can HUP cancel into shield when hit by Confusion to avoid all options excluding D-Tilt, which is beat by anything else. I'm not sure about aerial Confusion, though. I've never messed with that.
HUP?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
How much you guys wanna bet they're going to change like one thing in 1.0.7? :bee:
I mean, I'd imagine they are only going to fix the online cheating detection false positive. I can't imagine they'd touch the game engine in any way.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, I'd imagine they are only going to fix the online cheating detection false positive. I can't imagine they'd touch the game engine in any way.
Depends if they decide to fix something real quick, like Mewtwo's supposedly missing I-frames.

Ugh... Really don't want to go through this again either.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm like 99% sure it worked in the previous versions of smash 4. I've already argued it works in Izaw's thread from a few months ago but everybody kept telling me it doesn't work. It's extremely hard to pull off with just about every aerial that isn't multi-hit and even then it's kinda hard to do.

:059:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Depends if they decide to fix something real quick, like Mewtwo's supposedly missing I-frames.

Ugh... Really don't want to go through this again either.
I mean, I'd welcome any additional changes that the devs think will help the game, on any schedule. I just think it's unlikely.

I think over-patching is an imaginary boogeyman that has never actually been a problem in any competitive game I've ever been aware of. League of Legends has the most aggressive patch service in history, and that games seems to be doing decently.

It makes me think of national surpluses. "Yes, technically it is a big economic problem if a government runs a huge surplus. But not only is that not a current issue for a single nation on earth, literally all of them have the opposite problem."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom