• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A round of applause for this man's work!

(Serious question, is it possible to put a filter on who can post in this topic based on year and/or post count? It would make both yours and Thinkaman's jobs a lot easier. Us on the character boards can filter out a large portion of the placebos and only bring up the ones that might be serious. Would be a major boon to have in the Lucas update as well.)
What I would do for features like this... (I know exactly what I want to, IRC-esque features applied to individual threads)
We talked about the entire section having more restrictions at first but yada yada.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Speaking of which, can someone test if Up Smash only hits once when Falco is below the lower platforms on Battlefield? On Battlefield, Utilt works fine, but Up Smash will hit once and usually with the 4% hit launching people away and leaving Falco to deal with end lag and a stupid launch. My internet is down and I'm stuck using my phone for everything internet... Oh, my data...
Looks the same; I can hit someone one the platform for 12% with a carefully spaced u-smash.

(Serious question, is it possible to put a filter on who can post in this topic based on year and/or post count? It would make both yours and Thinkaman's jobs a lot easier. Us on the character boards can filter out a large portion of the placebos and only bring up the ones that might be serious. Would be a major boon to have in the Lucas update as well.)
Eh, the worst is behind us.

Zionaze

Smash Ace

Okay...ill watch ;.;

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
What I would do for features like this... (I know exactly what I want to, IRC-esque features applied to individual threads)
We talked about the entire section having more restrictions at first but yada yada.
Even if its only for 48 hours when the Lucas patch goes live, might be worth it in the future between this patch and the last major one.

sheggy

Smash Rookie
I hate to be a bother. But maybe some testing on Dr. Mario's u-tilt.
Does it have decreased KB similar to mario's? It seems I can connect more U-tilts after a downthrow. I remember only being able to connect 2 at most but now it seems i can connect 4 without a problem. Sorry if this is bogus.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
This type of thinking is dangerous. If you want to make a thread which only certain individuals are allowed to post in, just make a private room somewhere or something. Don't put it on public forums.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
So I tried to do the Order Tackle glitch and it didn't seem to work can anybody confirm that ?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Looks the same; I can hit someone one the platform for 12% with a carefully spaced u-smash.
I kind of expected it since Falco barely reaches past the platforms with Up Smash while Utilt goes up past the platforms a bit further. Time to wait for Dantarion to see what's all the hub bub on Falco's Up Smash. So, I guess this wraps up the patch? Nothing major and nothing crazy.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman
Can you test if Pac-Man's dair connects and/or kills earlier than before?

Pac-Man mains are testing it, but I don't wanna risk the placebo
It seems the same. Can you come up with a good, clear-and-concise example test?

Mr. Shaya, I highly respect what you're doing and would love to help.

Lucario has reduced landing lag on his N-air and B-air.

Ness's fully-charged PK Flash now does 38% in the center as opposed to 37%.
FEELINGS DETECTED.

@ Shaya Shaya , you know what to do.

(To be clear, all 3 deconfirmed)

Last edited:

HyPeriDot

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1306-5172-7012
I thought that Lucario had not been able before to use it's Side special as a grab to hit at a very low percent, as the character would escape away.

Now, Lucario's side special always hits when used as a grab.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I thought that Lucario had not been able before to use it's Side special as a grab to hit at a very low percent, as the character would escape away.

I've never encountered this behavior?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I hate to be a bother. But maybe some testing on Dr. Mario's u-tilt.
Does it have decreased KB similar to mario's? It seems I can connect more U-tilts after a downthrow. I remember only being able to connect 2 at most but now it seems i can connect 4 without a problem. Sorry if this is bogus.
Seems the same to me.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Here's a quick and dirty test. One of my friends who's a Palutena main said that her standing grab connected on a Pikachu after he landed from BAir; he then tested it against a crouching G&W and it connected. I believe it didn't use to do this, but I don't have a way to test it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Zero suit samus' grab ending lag is reduced to almost none....
What is it with people and grab endlag?

ZSS grab is totally unchanged.

Here's a quick and dirty test. One of my friends who's a Palutena main said that her standing grab connected on a Pikachu after he landed from BAir; he then tested it against a crouching G&W and it connected. I believe it didn't use to do this, but I don't have a way to test it.
This is hard to test on 3DS; from messing around earlier though, I don't think there are any changes to Palu grab.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
But, that's exactly why I asked you.

I can't test side-by-side, so I'm just delivering what the Pac-Man boards are testing for reconfirmation.
No, I mean, what exactly am I testing here? I'm was just jumping around as Pac-Man, kicking Mario on a Battlefield platform, going "...yup, I'm landing all these hits, looks the same?"

To test say, that Robin wind jab connects better, I can tell you to to compare it on a grounded Jigglypuff.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This type of thinking is dangerous. If you want to make a thread which only certain individuals are allowed to post in, just make a private room somewhere or something. Don't put it on public forums.
We're a section with higher standards I'm willing to enforce, making the process better matters. Blanket cuts on certain groups/the majority are unfair to individuals, but individuals as a whole suck and are mostly useless (don't worry, the feels are mutual).
Either way I'm not here to have this conversation.

~~~

So far unchanged characters:

:4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4duckhunt::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mario::4ness::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4shulk::4villagerf::4wario2::4wiifit::4zss:

Multi hit move fixes apparently (or other bug fixes?): :4falco::4lucina::4marth::4lucario: (RCO?):4metaknight:(Dimension cape, can anyone clarify?):4palutena:(super speed something?):4sonic:(spring with villager, confirm?):4pacman:(trampoline with villager):4olimar:(order tackle amplification bug)

Characters I believe there are noticeable changes somewhere in this thread confirmed not in the OP: :4megaman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I hear a lot of visual changes happening.
You hear visual changes? Watch out Daredevil, there's a new superhero on the block!

There's a few things I've noticed, but I haven't been logging them and maybe are probably placebo. Also, some new sound tweaks.

Youngril

Smash Rookie
Is the Ness down throw glitch on that one stage, I think it's Wuhu Island, still in the game? Or has that been patched? Sorry, I don't have a Wii U to test it myself.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Characters I believe there are noticeable changes somewhere in this thread confirmed not in the OP: :4megaman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Mega Man has some remaining RCO bugs on his up-b fixed, and fires the projectile on Leaf Shield throw sooner. (Overall animation time the same)

Brawler has Piston Punch fixed, and 2% total off the base damage for fair and bair.

Gunner I THINK has no changes. I found none, but didn't look hard.

Swordfighter has a little extra damage on d-tilt and nair. Also, reports of less endlag on some things and alterations to specials. Will confirm shortly, he's my next project.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Is the Ness down throw glitch on that one stage, I think it's Wuhu Island, still in the game? Or has that been patched? Sorry, I don't have a Wii U to test it myself.
I've been testing, but I believe it's patched out.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I need confirmation if Ganon's FSmash is 2 frames faster than before.

Its been confirmed over at the Reddit 1.0.6 patch notes thread and a bunch of people over in the Ganon 1.0.6 thread are saying its faster.

Or has it just not been added into the OP yet?

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
No, I mean, what exactly am I testing here? I'm was just jumping around as Pac-Man, kicking Mario on a Battlefield platform, going "...yup, I'm landing all these hits, looks the same?"

To test say, that Robin wind jab connects better, I can tell you to to compare it on a grounded Jigglypuff.
Ah, sorry. I mean while moving sideways, does it drag the opponent along horizontally, better than it did before the patch.

Last edited:

Blue24

Smash Cadet
I specifically remeber Tinkdude confirming changes to leaf shield. Same animation time but faster start up lag if I parroted him correctly.

Your OP has Diddy d-throw twice.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I need confirmation if Ganon's FSmash is 2 frames faster than before.
It's not. I can't explain the Japanese video that claims to show it, but I know for a fact that it's the exact same in 3DS 1.0.5, 3DS 1.0.6, and WiiU 1.0.6.

Big O has duplicated this result, as well as on WiiU 1.0.2.

For what it's worth, it's hard to compare exactly due to the compressed speed, but the animation and timing on all my games looks like the "faster" right-side Ganondorf in the Japanese video.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Nope. Characters can still escape Force Palm at low percents. [0-4% damage] (3ds, maybe different of wii. Maybe it's just AI super-reaction.)

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
What move on Lucario allegedly had RCO lag but doesn't anymore? I just finished painstakingly checking if ZSS up-B still has RCO lag (it does); it was a pretty hard test to do by myself, but I managed it and could check any other similar cases now. I'm about to check Mega Man utilt which is the only other case I was personally aware of before; what move on Lucario should I be looking for?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Shaya Shaya because of the cleanup the link in Zelda's changelist is broken, so here's a fixed link:

http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-patch-version-1-0-6-thread.398902/page-13#post-18994654

Better idea; I'll make a revised, clean, clear list for Zelda for the OP instead of a post link.

:4zelda: Zelda
Forward Smash
Loop Hit angles lowered, 60/160 -> 20/170 (Inner hit-box / Outer hit-box.)
Phantom Slash Endlag very slightly decreased.
Destroyed Phantom regeneration timer increased, 6 seconds -> 9 seconds.
Phantom stands out for roughly 1/4 of a second longer after attacking.

Any changes beyond this are just waiting to be confirmed/debunked once the data is available.

Edit : Ninja'd, but if still like to offer this list instead of a post link.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
As I mentioned earlier, Falco's jab 2 can be cancelled into the rapid 2 frames earlier now.

Gif comparison: left is pre-patch, right is post-patch.

Cassio

Smash Master
In case it hasnt been said yet:
The damage and knockback on all of Pikachu's moves are the same. The only known change is the ledge thing.
ESAM and most others reporting the same as well.

Kind of sad about the ledge thing. Sort of kept it hidden so it wouldnt get patched, but pika could ledge trump and input all his get up options 12 frames before his opponent. It was one of those things people werent doing yet but wouldve been super cool. Oh well, it maybe was a little too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom