• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Are there changes to the landing lag of the Mii Swordfighter's aerials?

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Confirmed less ending lag on bot hair and grounded version. Seems to hit on the same frame, but not 100%.
That's awesome, can you confirm whether the custom variations (Hammer Bash and Giant Hammer) were also updated?

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
It has slightly less endlag. Need to test customs.

All false, including that.

What does this mean?
Pikachu cannot act out from grabbing the ledge as fast. Pikachu could grab the ledge, and pretty much immediately let go and F-air. Now Pikachu is stuck grabbing the ledge for an eternity

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pikachu being stuck on the ledge longer after upB now is possible. I forgot to test that. Everything else should be the same though.

:059:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Last edited:

Ambler

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Toon Link will now block Fox/Falco's lasers with his held shield while standing still, this was in the 3DS Version pre-update, but not in the Wii U version.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike boards can confirm no changes that we can find. San tested attack speed of various things vs things known to have the same start up times as Ike's move, another person had 2 3DSs and checked pretty much everything between the two versions.

LinkOscuro

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkMigue
3DS FC
2191-7674-1782
What about Toon Link? Do his second FSmash now always connect?

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
CPU AI appears to be buffed. CPU appears to be using jab cancel combos and has seemingly better reaction speeds, essentially raising it's difficulty levels.

Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
THREE changes to Zelda's Phantom Slash. I've been using two copies (Obviously one old, one new.) side-by-side, and tested it all quite thoroughly.

Phantom Slash

[+] The duration that the phantom is out as a meat shield post-slash has been increased by about 1/4 of a second. The increase appears to be entirely static throughout charge, AKA, it's a 1/4 second Phantom body shield duration increase at ALL charge levels. I did the two versions in slow-mo, side-by-side at the exact same 'time' (With a range of error of maybe 2 frames at most. I used 1/4 speed L press to synch them up.) and on the 1.0.5 copy, the Phantom clearly disappears first, no mis-timing involved. It's a pretty insignificant change overall.

[+] The release animation might have an endlag decrease of no more than 4 frames. Since someone had mentioned doing their own comparison and getting this result, I went hard at this one to make EXACTLY sure nothing was up. The result was that for sure you could cancel the animation at a visual time different than in 1.0.5, Zelda's pose was ever so slightly different. The maximum difference I could see is 4 frames. The difference is annoyingly small, but I believe it's truly there.

[-] If your Phantom is destroyed, it takes roughly 3 seconds longer before you're allowed to spawn another. Super easy to see tbh, I'm surprised we [zeldas testing] initially missed it. The time increase is around 3.5 seconds.
I can not only confirms these, but also confirm her customs have the same changes. Everything otherwise appears the same.

ThatGeoDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
GeoDude
3DS FC
5241-2073-4660
Hey can someone else test the damage on Luigi's default Fireball. On 1.05 it appears to deal 6% at all ranges and on 1.06 it goes from 6 to 5% at a distance. Pretty confident about this change but want another conformation before making it official.

I can confirm that it deals 1% less damage at Max and 3/4 of its range, any closer than that and it deals 6%.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
I want to help but i dont know how.
Are things testes against any específic character?
What stage is this done on?
From midscreen or from the border?
Is there anywhere I can check the intructions?

Luigi player

Smash Master
@ Luigi player Luigi player Are you positive that Luigis Down B kills at a much higher percentage?
Yes, maybe it's just the outter hitboxes or something, but the opponent didn't fall out or anything. And it happened three times in a row, so I know there has to be something weird.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
You pretty much need 2 copies of the game on the same platform side-by-side to compare stuff with.

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Marth main who has done considerable testing here.

I have personally confirmed that Marth's down throw has less knock-back now. Training mode registers down-throw to up-air as a true combo at much higher percentages than before against all characters I tested it against.

I am certain that Marth's forward throw has received similar treatment to his down throw whereas it does less knock-back. Training mode still registers a true combo into Crescent Slash, but it now also registers true combos into f-air and b-air from 0% until around 70%. I never managed this before patch 1.0.6 (believe me, I tried) so something must have been done to the forward throw.

Without frame data I cannot state this as absolute fact, but I am 99.9% sure F-air is unchanged. Training mode still registers f-air to f-air, f-air to Dolphin Slash, f-air to Crescent Slash, and b-air to f-air as true combos at the same percentages as before.

I have also confirmed that non-tippered f-smash will kill slightly earlier. In patch 1.0.5, non-tippered f-smash killed Lucina at the edge of Battlefield around 115% without the red lightning effect. Post patch 1.0.6 it's started killing her at 103% and the red lightning effect occurs at 105%.

D-air having reduced lag has already been busted.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
Someone can test if Fox's fair has more knockback on the last hit? I can't seem to combo it into uair as easily

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
It happened last patch too. Her air dodge lag was nearly doubled and the foot hitbox on fair had the unblockable property removed. So, I'm not TOO shocked at this point, just saddened.

Here's still hoping on the off chance we find ONE positive thing in this patch to at least break even.
Air dodge landing lag was added to make it match the rest of the cast.

WFT's u-smash can connect on grounded opponents that aren't Yao Ming's height now, which is pretty good. Can you confirm whether or not her grab range has improved vertically?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
WFT's u-smash can connect on grounded opponents that aren't Yao Ming's height now, which is pretty good. Can you confirm whether or not her grab range has improved vertically?
I can see no difference to u-smash, jab1, or grab hitbox ranges.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Yes, maybe it's just the outter hitboxes or something, but the opponent didn't fall out or anything. And it happened three times in a row, so I know there has to be something weird.
Maybe you didn't full hop the cyclone. Dthrow to cyclone has been killing at the same % for me

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Can someone confirm they didn't fix the bugged projectile launch ratios in All-star? It doesn't seem like it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Deconfirming any endlag or timing changes to WFT's ground moveset.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I don't get why they are nerfing low tier characters like Diddy, Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina, and meanwhile buffing already high tier characters like Zelda, Kirby, Samus, Lucina, Swordfighter, and Ganondorf.

Terrible patch.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
At least they nerfed Diddy
They didn't just nerf Diddy, they slaughtered him. I'm not saying he isn't high tier anymore, he's definitely still high tier, but I'm just glad they realized how cheap some of his air combos were.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
I don't get why they are nerfing low tier characters like Diddy, Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina, and meanwhile buffing already high tier characters like Zelda, Kirby, Samus, Lucina, Swordfighter, and Ganondorf.

Terrible patch.
Hilarious, isn't it?

Anyways, Thinkaman...I've been hearing that some of Kirby's moves had KB increases (U/D-Smash, B/U-Throw, and B-Air, apparently). Is this true or simply placebo?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nah, don't worry about all that stuff. Just wing it!

Just post about whatever you think feels faster. Or if you never checked how much damage certain moves do, just post about how much damage you're surprised it does.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
I find that Ness's pk fire is not as good at trapping opponents anymore. It's the only change for him I've noticed thus far.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
Hey @ Thinkaman Thinkaman , since youre rocking these out, have you done any Ness testing? Only thing Ive seen are the yoyo damage values are different from your pastebin. If you get a chance Id love to have you test them, as you seem to know what youre doing here.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hilarious, isn't it?

Anyways, Thinkaman...I've been hearing that some of Kirby's moves had KB increases (U/D-Smash, B/U-Throw, and B-Air, apparently). Is this true or simply placebo?
Unlikely, but if it is, we'll find out when Dant posts a new dump.

KB-only changes are too time consuming to fish for blindly.

Subtle nerf overall to ZSS.
  • Dash attack nerfed from 10% to 8%. This was one of her better approaches. Now it does less damage.
  • Ftilt buffed from 6% to 7%. Almost negligible as ftilt is unsafe on sheild and is hardly ever used when her jab is a better tool to get them off you.
None of this is changed.

While I'm working on Brawler changes, noticed something really big that needs official testing out in regards to Pit/DPit.

Full hop and general aerial arrows now suffer much, much less endlag. SH arrows, however, still have grounded endlag.

I'll report anything else I find that needs confirming as well. This is pretty certain, as I was just bombarded by a Pit who fired arrows with much more speed.
False. Deconfirmed.

Nah, don't worry about all that stuff. Just wing it!

Just post about whatever you think feels faster. Or if you never checked how much damage certain moves do, just post about how much damage you're surprised it does.
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
DK is listed to not have changes, but a friend of mind reported that Dair is considerably faster, and the "Roy zones" on his moves were fixed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey @ Thinkaman Thinkaman , since youre rocking these out, have you done any Ness testing? Only thing Ive seen are the yoyo damage values are different from your pastebin. If you get a chance Id love to have you test them, as you seem to know what youre doing here.
Ness u/d-smashes are unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom