• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Can anyone check some stuff for Sonic, aside from the B-throw??
  • F-smash data (Speed, cooldown, etc)
  • Possible changes in priority of spindash/homing attack/etc
  • Possible increase in frames where Sonic can not act when hitting shields w/ homing attack/spindash/etc.

Also, can anyone check some stuff for Rosalina / Luma, aside fom Luma's decrease HP.
  • Is Lunar Landing still in?
  • Any changes to Luma shot?
  • Any changes to the speed with which Luma acts / when it can/can't act?
  • Any changes to Luma attacks (KB or damage?)
  • Is Luma still out for 13 seconds after being KO'd?
Thanks in advance for any info. Some of the stuff I can test myself later (at work), while others I can't test at all as I don't hace a 1.03 anything for comparison. Ty.
Lunar Landing's still in, no changes to Luma Shot distance that I noticed, ditto Luma action speed and respawn time.

Didn't test damage or knockback values.

ShinySylvee

Smash Rookie
I tested some of the Mrgame moves. and used the data from the first link with the notes con the max% output of the 1.0.4

:4gaw: Mrgame:
DashAtk: 10 > 11
Ftilt: 10> 11
Dtilt: 6 > 5
Fsmash(flame) 18>20
Usmash 16>18
Nair 17>19
Fair 11>13
Uair 16>18
Dair 11>12
F/B/Uthrow 8>9

Edit: I tested this on the 3DS, feel free to test by yourself.
Not sure which numbers are supposed to be before and after, but I saw no differences in damage between versions for all of those moves.

Can I get confirmation of our methods for testing KO percents? Training mode with Mario as the victim on FD. Mario sits at the center of the stage.
The eternal question.

For the sake of uniformity I'd say that, but testing on the Wii U so you can set him to control so he doesn't do anything, then just record the percent at which red thunder appears.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
On a serious note, would like confirmation and details on the Mega Man uair change and leaf shield throwing speed change.
Mega Man Leaf Shield throw has the same total animation length, but the projectile launches much sooner; it's extremely obvious side-by-side.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
People from the Pit Boards have been saying that Pits dair has a wider spike. Meaning it's easier to land a spike in someone.

DeployableMuffin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DaRaginAsian
3DS FC
4725-9074-1531
Maybe it's just me, but is dash dancing easier to do now? It feels a bit more like Brawl dash dancing (still not that useful tho)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mega Man Leaf Shield throw has the same total animation length, but the projectile launches much sooner; it's extremely obvious side-by-side.
To clarify, the increased end lag is equal to decreased startup with regards to the throw?

Testing last night, I could tell there was a difference, but the details were fuzzy and it was late. Thank you for the confirmation.

TerraSky

Super Smash Goat
NNID
TarrenSky
3DS FC
0791-4190-6031
Switch FC
SW-8134-0988-3694
I was doing some testing with Mii Swordsman's Side Special 1 (Airborne Assault). It seems that if you input the move like a tilt, it does 7% uncharged, but if it's inputted as a smash attack, it does 10% uncharged. Max damage seems unchanged. Was this a buff, or was it always like this?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I was doing some testing with Mii Swordsman's Side Special 1 (Airborne Assault). It seems that if you input the move like a tilt, it does 7% uncharged, but if it's inputted as a smash attack, it does 10% uncharged. Max damage seems unchanged. Was this a buff, or was it always like this?
It has always done this damage.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
Doctor Mario Change
- Fair 15.5% -> 16.5% Easier to sweet spot. Kills earlier also.

Donkey Kong punch does NOT wind up faster!

Thats the only change that ive spotted.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Doctor Mario Change
- Fair 15.5% -> 16.5% Easier to sweet spot. Kills earlier also.

Thats the only change that ive spotted.
Try his upSmash..... very different. I swear the Tornado feels different, but I'll have to do a lo more testing.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
Try his upSmash..... very different. I swear the Tornado feels different, but I'll have to do a lo more testing.
Tested tornado its the same the upsmash does feel different but still does the same %. I think the upsmash sends them in the direction the headbut is going rather than just up.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Doc's kill moves are significantly stronger than my old notes indicate. My old notes were rounded to the nearest 5%, but even then, the difference is obviously there.

The following are the earliest percents at which the red and black line appear, tested on a level 1 Bowser at the spawning point of FD in training mode. All moves are sweetspotted, non-angled and uncharged (old version -> new version):

• Forward Tilt: +250% -> 233%
  • Up Tilt: ~185% -> 177%
  • Forward Smash: ~95% -> 86%
  • Up Smash: ~140% -> 128%
  • Down Smash: ~115% -> 107%
  • Neutral Air: ~245% -> ~227%
  • Forward Air: ~130% -> 102%
  • Back Air: ~160% -> 148%
  • Up Air: +250% -> 243%
  • Back Throw: ~180% -> 149%
  • Up Throw: +250% -> 242%

Everything else still killed at over 250%, except for maybe his specials, which (because I'm an idiot) I didn't record.
downb and upb KO at the same percents as before

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
At least one redditor exposited that Mewtwo may have the slots for customs, but they simply don't exist and are buggy (sort of like that "slot 4 customs" vid from a month ago)

Has anyone else had an issue where you have a random Mewtwo (as in random equip) freeze in place while charging Shadow Ball? I press B, and an invisible shadow ball is being charged, and Mewtwo can't move or be interrupted. This is a weird glitch, I think it might be from trying to load a nonexistent custom move?

Greenkirbyalpha

Smash Rookie
Anyone notice kirby's hammer is quicker to get off or goes off even if kirby is hit? I am noticing that the hammer move is much easier to get off. Not confirmed yet, just asking

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32oh35/super_smash_bros_4_v106_patch_notes_compilation/

I even took the liberty to scan through most of the pages and added in the information with quotes under each character from the added info that Reddit forgot to include upon.

:4bowserjr:(Directly from Reddit)
  • Fsmash has a larger hitbox (UNCONFIRMED)
  • Neutral B faster (UNCONFIRMED)
  • Neutral A jab combos no longer have whiffs (UNCONFIRMED)

:4diddy:
Diddys sideB grab attack 12% -> 10, jump 10% -> 8%

I Can deconfirrm any Yoshis changes posted so so far.
I'm testing ending lag frames.it's sometimes really hard to do.
Diddy Kongs fsmash has ending lag increased by not more than 2 frames.
  • Uair nerfed from 8% -> 6%, knockback reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Fair nerfed from 12%/10% -> 10%/8%, knockback reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Uthrow nerfed from 10% -> 8%, knockback reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Dthrow nerfed from 7% -> 6%, knockback unchanged but hitstun reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Monkey Flip (kick) nerfed 14%/12% -> 12%/10%, knockback reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Monkey Flip (grab) nerfed 12% -> 10%, knockback reduced. CONFIRMED
  • Banana (Throw) nerfed from 7% -> 5% CONFIRMED
  • Up B when fully charged has nerfed range (UNCONFIRMED)
:4dk: (Directly from Reddit)
  • Neutral B charges faster (UNCONFIRMED)
  • Down B is quicker (UNCONFIRMED)
  • neutral A is quicker CONFIRMED
  • fair is faster CONFIRMED
  • dair is faster and with less landing lag CONFIRMED
:4drmario:
  • Fair deals more damage 16 -> 17% CONFIRMED
  • up-smash has a new trajectory that kills off the sides CONFIRMED
  • Jumps Higher BUSTED
  • DownB less landing lag CONFIRMED

:4littlemac:
-Fsmash kills earlier
-Usmash kilsl earlier
LM's walljump is now much higher. On SV, you can wall jump to the moving plateform.
:4wario2:
I can confri that Wario's nair is much faster.
:4falco: (Directly from Reddit)
  • UpSmash no longer whiffs the 2nd hit (UNCONFIRMED)
:4greninja:(Directly from Reddit)
  • fair and uair buffed (need %'s) (UNCONFIRMED)
  • dair much faster CONFIRMED
  • fair deals same damage as v.0.5 CONFIRMED

:4pit: (Directly from Reddit)
  • Down B has reduced start-up lag (UNCONFIRMED)
  • Higher Priority moves? (UNCONFIRMED)
:4robinm::4robinf: (Directly from Reddit)
  • Levin Sword Durability Indicator Glitch FIXED (Did not Flash for Female in previous Wii U versions) CONFIRMED
  • Wind jab is faster, Hits connect significantly more consistently, including the final hit. CONFIRMED
  • Books no longer disappear (despite being picked up) if they touch a platform (Battlefield Buff) CONFIRMED
  • back throw nerfed from ~12% to 11% CONFIRMED
  • All nonthrow damage values are identical. Dash/Walk and Airspeeds are the same CONFIRMED
  • Fire, Wind, Thunder tome recovery time is the same. CONFIRMED
:4samus: (Directly from Reddit)
  • D-Throw knockback decresed CONFIRMED
  • Regular missile: travel speed increased CONFIRMED
  • DAir sweetspot damage increased from 12% -> 14% CONFIRMED
  • Ftilt faster and has four hitboxes (2 new sweetspots) CONFIRMED
  • Neutral jab faster CONFIRMED

:4luigi:(Direclty from Reddit)
  • Neutral B Nerfed. Fireballs used to deal 6% from beginning to end. Fireballs now function like Mario's doing 5% at the end, and almost 7% at the start, then 6% in the middle. CONFIRMED
  • side b buffed from 21% -> 22% fully charged. CONFIRMED

:4metaknight: (Directly from Reddit)
  • Nair landing lag decreased from 20 frames -> 18 (UNCONFIRMED)
  • DownB Landing Lag Bug Removed CONFIRMED

:4lucina:
Lucina f-smash is slightly stronger, it seems; around 15.15%, up from 14.72.
:4wiifit:
Wii Fit's Up-Smash seems to have a hitbox on her shoulder now. It can hit Palutena from a standing position.
As a WiiFit Trainer main, I tested this almost immediately.

Happy to announce that her first jab and Fsmash have wider hitboxes to hit small characters!

(Also I noticed that her smashes come a little quicker, but need more testing and frame data, maybe tomorrow I'll post this)

Also I think her running is faster (need further testing).

:4pacman:
From Pac-Man Boards: (All tested on Mario at Battlefield Omega at his default position)

- Side B Max Length distance nerfed slightly, kills now at 100% as opposed to 109% when fully charged.

- Up-Smash and F-Smash buffed: Up-Smash now KOs at 112% (pre-patch was 117%), F-Smash also can now kill 90% as opposed to 97%

- D-Air now kills at 190% opposed to 203% (tested), some say it links hits better. (Further testing needed)
:4sonic:
Testing on Sonic and it seems that his up-smash either doesn less damage or makes a worse job of connecting all hitboxes.

And his spin dash (side B) doesn less damage as well.
Sonics burning spin dash custom has lost its invincibility frames during its first dash. Which means its susceptible to being hit by projectiles now
Vertical jumping hitbox on spin attacks damage reduced 6% > 3%
Uthrow knockback increased slightly (im unable to uthrow spring into uair anymore past 100)
:4zelda: (Direclty from Reddit)
  • forwad smash better at trapping opponents for the entire duration of the attack (UNCONFIRMED)

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
As ****ty as Nintendo is for not giving us patch notes, I love the community coming together to make one. It brings us together!~

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Anyone notice kirby's hammer is quicker to get off or goes off even if kirby is hit? I am noticing that the hammer move is much easier to get off. Not confirmed yet, just asking

Confirmed less ending lag on bot hair and grounded version. Seems to hit on the same frame, but not 100%.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32oh35/super_smash_bros_4_v106_patch_notes_compilation/

I even took the liberty to scan through most of the pages and added in the information with quotes under each character from the added info that Reddit forgot to include upon.
:4robinm::4robinf: (Directly from Reddit)
  • back throw nerfed from ~12% to 11% CONFIRMED
:4samus: (Directly from Reddit)
  • DAir sweetspot damage increased from 12% -> 14% CONFIRMED

:4metaknight: (Directly from Reddit)
  • Nair landing lag decreased from 20 frames -> 18 (UNCONFIRMED)

The first two changes are wrong, those are the correct old values.

The MK change I'm 99% sure is wrong, based on a side-by side comparison.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's fireball now does 5% if you hit with it at or near max range, instead of 6% at all ranges.

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
Kirby's up smash and down smash KO a bit earlier now (around 7% and 4% earlier respectively, at least on 3ds FD).

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Heres are some rules that should be added to the front page.

1) Instead of saying statements, like "Mario's ___ feels the same/different" First test out the moves, and then confirm the results here if they are legit.

2) Before posting the damage %, use two different games from the before patch and the current patch to see if your results are accurate.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Deconfirming reddit bowser jr neutral b change. No differences at all.

Edit: also seeing no differences to his jab.

Last edited:

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
In lieu of official patch notes we will be opting for community based patch notes (again). But either way or otherwise, the discussion of the what's changed in this patch is to be kept to here. Besides the title teasing otherwise, Mewtwo discussion should be kept to relevant character discussion forums.

Compared to what became a really clean list of changes thanks to @Aerodrome, the initial impact before we get data dumps from @Dantarion / others will be messy and full of speculation, placebo effect and confirmation bias. Multiple trusted sources confirming a change and/or visual comparisons will be required to make the shortlist of changes listed here in the mean time. We may yet again have engine changes (such as DI, rage, ledges, etc) to worry about.

For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~

Code:
[b]:4mewtwo:Character[/b]
[size=4][b]Action[/b][/size] ~change~ (proof)
Refer to here for character's previous damage values for comparisons: http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/

Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • A + B together produces smash attacks
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • :lylat: Lylat Cruise edges (including Omega) changed to "slope" recoveries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%

:4sheik:Sheik
Bair 10% -> 7%

:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase

:4miisword:Swordfighter
Dtilt 6% -> 8%
Nair 5% -> 8%

:4sonic:Sonic
Back Throw KB reduced

:4rob:R.O.B.
Up Throw KB reduced

:4kirby:Kirby
Down Throw Damage 6 -> 10%
Inhale acts out faster

:4ganondorf:Ganondorf
Jab Damage increased by 1% (6-9% -> 7-10%)

:4pacman:Pacman
Grab slightly faster animation

:4charizard:Charizard
Up Throw 8% -> 11%
Flare Blitz Self Damage 4% -> 5%

Seemingly unchanged
:4lucario::4zss::4yoshi::4shulk::rosalina::4villagerf::4luigi::4dedede::4mario::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4dk:
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo
Playability
NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T REGISTER BOTH VERSIONS WITH CLUB NINTENDO... :<

1.0.4 3DS / 1.0.1 WiiU Community Patch Notes
I heard Diddy's side b command grab and side b kick had knockback and damage reductions as well as he's banana throw does less damage
Link to specific details: http://pastebin.com/GR420DmT

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Is Shaya on to update the main page? Or do they have someone else who also looks over the thread to compile the info to front page?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
confirming Robin jab changes. Wind repeating hits have less knockback, more reliable.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Decreased endlag on ZSS grab/dash grab and Palutena's tilts deconfirmed, if they hadn't been debunked already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom