• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Samus' jab is no longer a joke.
Please refrain from making statements like this and please also explain why next time.

Hey i can say for sure that the jigg's downair is much more powerfull and has a little less lag
Any evidence? You should give us damage changes, KO percents, and such along with how you tested it.

Last edited:

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
We have a dubious claim on the Ike boards, if somebody with access to both versions could check this, it would be great.

Supposedly Ftilt comes out faster. Only bringing it up because like 4 people have chimed in about this. But they're all newer people/people I don't recognize. Also have one guy claiming Fair/Nair is faster, but nobody else believes him so you can probably write that one off without even testing them.
Tested side-by-side, Ike's f-tilt is unchanged speed-wise/endlag-wise. (Likewise, F-air and N-air are unchanged).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Last edited:

ShinySylvee

Smash Rookie
Can confirm all
I did some DK testing side-by-side. Someone claimed the Down-b had less end lag, but it's the same (in the air, and on the ground).

The only change I did note:
Neutral-b charges faster. DK does the same number of arm pumps, but he performs them faster. New DK finishes charging when old DK has one arm pump left. (Someone more tech savvy can get the frame data)
Can confirm these. Also looking side-by-side and none of his aerials have been changed. Don't believe anything you hear anywhere else looking at both side-by-side at 1/4th speed and there is no distinguishable difference. (btw I wouldn't believe anything you read on Reddit that isn't posted here as well. Even the stuff that gets upvoted is usually wrong)

Also can someone else test the power of shulk's forward and down smashes? I'm getting about 6% earlier kills on the fsmash and 2-4% earlier kills on dsmash from middle of FD with mario. One is on Wii U and the other is on 3DS so that might impact it though so could be wrong.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Only noticeable changes made to Dk are his giant punch charges faster (I'd say by a second or so), and fsmash hitbox right in front of him has been fixed mostly so it doesn't whiff...but it does whiff if the character is actually walking into Dk, or the characters are thin like wii fit trainer.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Can someone check the koopa kid's wind up toys? They seem to be going way faster than before. Also, I swear the trajectory on the down throw is different...

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
The last attempt in that video you were accidentally moving forward still.
Yeah, I did that to try and match it from the first vid, where I was also still moving forward. Perhaps a bit too much in the 2nd one though.

Hence why I requested help in confirming this.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
I think Doc's Fair had a very very very small damage buff. It used to do 15.68% and training mode says the move does 16%. but now when you do two of them in a row in training your opponent will be at 33%. I think it kos earlier too. I'm getting it to KO at 108 and the data says it should KO at 114

Usmash is changed for sure. it used to have the same angle as luigi (110) but now it drags way more horizontally. Like maybe as much as 30-40 degrees more. Data says it used to KO mario center FD at 137 but it now it can KO as early as 123, but Mario kind of just falls into the horizontal blast zone so it doesn't really count. You can even see mario very briefly come out of hitstun at 130. Red sparks start appearing at 131.

Edit: It doesn't matter which way Doc is facing, they will always be sent to the side Doc is standing on. I'm pretty sure this was always the case but i thought i should mention it

Last edited:

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
A weird general change. Smart Bomb (yes the item) seems to be nerfed damage-wise. Throw it on the ground and it'll hurt ~11% less than before.

Also can someone else test the power of shulk's forward and down smashes? I'm getting about 6% earlier kills on the fsmash and 2-4% earlier kills on dsmash from middle of FD with mario. One is on Wii U and the other is on 3DS so that might impact it though so could be wrong.
Forward smash has the same knockback from the previous version

Downward smash's KB was 205 from the old version (according to someone else that tested it). Now it's at 206...

Edit: Not sure how I ended up with 206. Been getting 205. Different hitboxes = Different KB I guess.

Last edited:
Just putting it out here in case @Sonsa hasn't already;

:4villagerf:Villager
Pocket Can no longer Pocket Pac-Man's Trampoline [Sonsa][Indigo Jeans]

@ Shaya Shaya

Last edited:

RWB

Smash Ace
Can someone confirm attached image?

Also, I heard there were doc buffs. Specifically that Fair does 17% with increased kb and that his U smash has horizontal kb

That Bowser Attachment
F-Throw confirmed
B-Throw confirmed
Fair confirmed
Bair confirmed
Someone else test the Dair, I can't really manage to make that work
F-Smash Confirmed
Up Smash confirmed
Someone else test the Up Tilts?
F-Tilt confirmed
D-Tilt Hit 1 confirmed
Jab Combo confirmed
Side B confirmed
Down B confirmed
Up B confirmed

The new stats are correct. Dunno if the old ones are though

Attachments

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Wouldn't mind some confirmations of the changes to Yoshi or Falcon.
Falcon's down angled fsmash for sure doesn't KO earlier than than the other two. it KOs at ~101% now, 15% later than before and 5% later than no angle fsmash which used to be the weakest KB wise. Still does 20% just like up angle

Last edited:
That's a strange change. Did they just remove it completely because of the glitch?
Most likely. Not really a nerf to Villager but it's a definite buff to Pac-Man since now he can't have the rugtrampoline pulled out from under him when he's tryna recover

Also not really a change (or maybe it is? Sorta?) but

:4villagerf:Villager
Pocket
Can Pocket Mewtwo's Disable, Shadow Ball, FThrow Shadow Ball

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i wish there was a better way to test this, but greninja's up smash 2nd hit connects faster. there's less hitlag between the first and second hits, meaning its a lot easier to get both hits of the move when you get strange spacing. they basically made it easier to sweetspot the move.

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Anyone know if I can revert my 3DS Smash back to 1.0.5? I stupidly updated it in the hype but I want 1.0.5 for testing differences.

Xerox the beautiful

Smash Rookie
You can now use the c stick or a + b = smash to preform a down smash while crouching or an up smash while holding up. I'm not sure how well known this is I just thought I should mention it.

Last edited:
Did some research on Shulk's KB (Tested on Malleo at 150%)

Dash attack 132 >> 132
F-tilt (Blade) 134 >> 134
D-tilt (Blade) 112 >> 112
U-tilt (Blade) 122 >> 122

F-smash (Sweetspot/No tilting/Full charge) 223 >> 223
D-smash (Up close, front hit/Full charge) 205 >> 205 @ ShinySylvee ShinySylvee
U-smash (Up close/Full charge) 208 >> 208

N-air (Base hit) 103 >> 103
F-air (Base hit) 110 >> 110
B-air 139 >> 139
D-air 124 >> 124
U-air 139 >> 139

Back slash (Back hit) 170 >> 170
Air slash 138 >> 138
Vision ??

No change

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Any changes to Jigglypuff found so far?
I main Jiggly along with Pikachu, and I found nothing in terms of percents and knockback, but my friend says sing is harder to break out of. He couldn't get out of it until I stopped when he was at about 20-30%.

ShinySylvee

Smash Rookie
Hey can someone else test the damage on Luigi's default Fireball. On 1.05 it appears to deal 6% at all ranges and on 1.06 it goes from 6 to 5% at a distance. Pretty confident about this change but want another conformation before making it official.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Can I get confirmation of our methods for testing KO percents? Training mode with Mario as the victim on FD. Mario sits at the center of the stage.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the knockback on the second hit of G&W's u-tilt has been changed so it pulls them towards G&W. Not really sure if it's a buff or a nerf yet. It kills u-tilt -> n-air but it still has it's uses.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
The A.I. might have been improved. I am practicing with Mewtwo against a level 9 CPU, but they seem to be a lot more aggressive than usual (Could be a placebo again. Also, this is from the 3ds version at least).

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Just tested Doc's fair in training mode. After 10 consecutive hits with the sweet spot, Bowser (test subject) was at 168%.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I can confirm Bowser has more control than he did previously when he has grabbed the opponent with Flying Slam. I performed these tests prior to the patch. And now those results are no longer being replicated. No changes to Dash Slam's control were found.

We're currently unsure of other changes to Bowser. The KO percents between patch and pre patch don't seem to add up, even though the damage of the moves is unchanged. And many of us strongly feel Uthrow has less endlag than before.

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Can anyone check some stuff for Sonic, aside from the B-throw??
  • F-smash data (Speed, cooldown, etc)
  • Possible changes in priority of spindash/homing attack/etc
  • Possible increase in frames where Sonic can not act when hitting shields w/ homing attack/spindash/etc.

Also, can anyone check some stuff for Rosalina / Luma, aside fom Luma's decrease HP.
  • Is Lunar Landing still in?
  • Any changes to Luma shot?
  • Any changes to the speed with which Luma acts / when it can/can't act?
  • Any changes to Luma attacks (KB or damage?)
  • Is Luma still out for 13 seconds after being KO'd?
Thanks in advance for any info. Some of the stuff I can test myself later (at work), while others I can't test at all as I don't hace a 1.03 anything for comparison. Ty.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I've heard there's a search function on smashboards. Can someone confirm?

On a serious note, would like confirmation and details on the Mega Man uair change and leaf shield throwing speed change.

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
I tested some of the Mrgame moves. and used the data from the first link with the notes con the max% output of the 1.0.4

:4gaw: Mrgame: dmg output.
DashAtk: 10 -> 11%
Ftilt: 10 -> 11%
Dtilt: 6 -> 5%
Fsmash(flame) 18->20%
Usmash 16->18%
Nair 17->19%
Fair 11->13%
Uair 16->18%
Dair 11->12%
F/B/Uthrow 8->9%

Edit: I tested this on the 3DS, feel free to test by yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom