• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
Dedede's inhale feels faster on startup, at least on the ground, similar to Kirby's. I don't have anything to test that vs right now since I'm at work.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Little Mac's side smash and up smash KO sooner. Around 5~7%

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
:4falcon:

- Fsmash (downwards) knockback decreased

This used to be considerably stronger than the other variations. Now it's upwards > normal > downwards.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
wait, that's for every character? If so, wow. Anything on Mega Man and Fox?
No changes to Fox. The only thing I've noticed is that jab locks are a bit easier to escape, I am in the middle of testing this further though to make sure it's not a placebo

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

This used to be considerably stronger than the other variations. Now it's upwards > normal > downwards.
Damage for high/normal/low was 20%/19%/20%, when most angle-able attacks have +1% on high and -1% on low. Probably just made it like those, as knockback decreases when damage decreases. Does down-angled F-Smash deal 18% in Training Mode now?

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Damage for high/normal/low was 20%/19%/20%, when most angle-able attacks have +1% on high and -1% on low. Probably just made it like those, as knockback decreases when damage decreases. Does down-angled F-Smash deal 18% in Training Mode now?
Damage is the same, knockback is different.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
:4gaw: Damage values are unchanged for normal attacks. There may be more statistical changes, such as knockback increases or launch angle changes that I'm unaware of though.

@SFA Smiley his UTilt always sent people behind him a bit, I know this from using the move in Target Blast. It's possible the launch angle was changed to be more horizontal though.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Weegee's fireballs do 5% now. Before it was 6

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
They fixed the glitch where buffering aerials would result in a N-air. This is still a problem when the aerials get buffered out of Diddy's side b attack though :(

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff time! Here's what I have found.

Changes:
-Nothing

That's it. I found nothing. Some moves MIGHT have more knockback, but I didn't notice anything. Oh well.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
They've synced the version numbers for better comparison, I think. Doesn't actually change anything, just means we can say 1.06 instead of 1.063D 1.03U.
...Something they should've done from the very start.

As an aside, Mewtwo hits the screen with his arms crossed in disapproval, heh...

It looks like Bowser's control levels out around 30-40%, meaning the klaw is now much more kontrollable by Bowser and isn't a gigantic liability.

Also, makes it VERY useful in doubles as it's now possible to steer it onto the other opponent more easily.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Anyone with an updated Wii U able to send me a recording of duck hunt using the can + a smash attack? For certain reasons I cannot update my Wii U currently, and have no 3ds capture card.

Unfortunately, the game refuses to show the reticule when paused or in snapshots, so I can only get half a second to compare, But I do believe the size of duck hunt's reticules have been increased.

Possible Effects:

Ease hitting with the shots, but not detonating the can (personal experience supports this theory)
Making duck hunt's notoriously iffy smashes more consistent (personal experience did not support this theory)
Pseudo-Nerfing ZigZag Can: It auto-combos into itself less often, but hits inward for regular combos more often. Also makes the hitbox overall larger (personal experience supports this theory)

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
No extra 1% anywhere? His Jab combo has 4 rapid jabs as the minimum before the finisher.

Well, aside from customs, unchecked other moves, unconfirmed Blaster rate of fire, unconfirmed D-throw nerf?, and Up Smash linking better, Falco's left unchanged for the most part. Oh, and someone on the Falco boards claimed he ran faster...
Each hit of the infinite part of his jab combo deals 0.4% damage each. Falco's jab combo would deal precisely 9.6% damage if the jab combo landed the minimum amount of possible hits, which is 7 hits total. This still seems to be the case in the latest patch, so the damage values haven't changed for that attack.

Last edited:

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
Just to add to what others have stated. It definitely looks like it is easier to escape Fox's jab lock than before. It hits like 5 times before the opponent can di out of it. So it is still there but it isn't an infinite or anything and it doesn't put on a ton of percent. It is probably best to use when just below kill percent to tack on the last bit and end with an up smash to kill.

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie

I can confirm. I don't have footage of the FSmash variations pre-patch, but I did compare the difference in knockbacks in this patch. In the order in the gif below: Upwards angled FSmash kills almost instantaneously, Normal angled barely kills, and Downwards doesn't kill at all. All tested with Donkey Kong at 95%.

Link to proof: http://i.imgur.com/OkcACll.gifv

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Each hit of the infinite part of his jab combo deals 0.4% damage each. Falco's jab combo would deal precisely 9.6% damage if the jab combo landed the minimum amount of possible hits, which is 7 hits total. This still seems to be the case in the latest patch, so the damage values haven't changed for that attack.
@Dantarion's data dump listed Falco's Rapid Jab doing 1% each. Jab 1 does 3%, Jab 2 does 2%, 4 Rapid Jabs would do 4%, and the Finisher does 3% which would be 12%.

Edit: Never mind; bad memory. Link: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/index.php?char=falco&mode=view104#subaction-054.

Welp, time to fix Falco's Jab total damage when I get home...

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
I've been hearing a few times that :4kirby:'s knockback in U-Smash, D-Smash, U-Throw, and B-Air, amongst other things, got buffed...how will we find out if they were indeed buffed?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
whats KB mean?
Knock-Back ^

Edit : :4greninja:'d

Also, updating my previous note on Zelda's Fsmash, I CAN confirm that the angles of the loop hits have been changed from 60 / 160 degrees inner and outer hit-boxes respectively, to roughly 20 / 170 degrees. The proof lying in the fact Zelda's Fsmash uses explicit angle indicating on-hit visuals, which point lower in 1.0.6.

The result is it connecting with near 100% consistency on grounded opponents, and roughly 70% consistency on airborne characters who fall out of multi-hits more, like ZSS.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Yoshi main here:
Yoshi's egg throw might be nerfed. Doing some more testing.

Otherwise I notice no changes to Yoshi.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Something weird is definitely going on with Samus's bombs.

Obligatory disclaimer that I didn't use Samus enough pre-patch to be intimately familiar with the fuse timer, and this is the result of eyeballing and not a side-by-side, so take with appropriate amounts of salt.

First, the fuse seems shorter. When used on the ground, the bomb falls, bounces once, and explodes just before it lands for the second time.

Second, when used on top of an opponent, the bomb explodes even sooner -- just after it bounces for the first time.

Am I going crazy or is there a rational explanation for this?
It seems that the bombs can explode sooner if an enemy is next to them while they're flashing.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Something weird is definitely going on with Samus's bombs.

Obligatory disclaimer that I didn't use Samus enough pre-patch to be intimately familiar with the fuse timer, and this is the result of eyeballing and not a side-by-side, so take with appropriate amounts of salt.

First, the fuse seems shorter. When used on the ground, the bomb falls, bounces once, and explodes just before it lands for the second time. I don't recall it exploding this fast before.

Second, when used on top of an opponent, the bomb explodes even sooner -- just after it bounces for the first time.

Am I going crazy or is there a rational explanation for this?
It's on a 52 frame timer to become a proximity bomb and goes off on frame 70 without proximity. It's been that way since launch. Over on the samus boards we think that ftilt has been changed (+1% damage and a jank sour spot at the knee) and missiles have been changed (go faster). Everything else seems untouched. If you hit someone right as the proximity timer starts there is another 4% damage hitbox that gives you a 9% sweet spot damage. The same sweet spot does 21% shield damage.

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Sorry if this is elsewhere in the thread but I didn't see it anywhere on the front page. Thanks to @Bunny :3 pointing this out to me in the Greninja skype group; it seems that running Up Smash (for any character) is significantly easier than prepatch in the Wii U version with tap jump off. It got much harder to do after they patched out DACUS, but now the margin of error seems a lot wider.

I expect this change is also on the 3DS version but I can't test that.

Sadly I can't test this side by side and this is all just "feel" so take with appropriate amounts of salt, but I'm not the only person saying this.

If this IS elsewhere in the thread, consider this post my corroboration :)

Last edited:

Terra21

Smash Rookie
NNID
Terra21
Loving the Lucina buffs, even though there small ones, hoping ZSS grab lag is reduced as well as people are saying.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It's on a 52 frame timer to become a proximity bomb and goes off on frame 70 without proximity. It's been that way since launch. Over on the samus boards we think that ftilt has been changed (+1% damage and a jank sour spot at the knee) and missiles have been changed (go faster). Everything else seems untouched. If you hit someone right as the proximity timer starts there is another 4% damage hitbox that gives you a 9% sweet spot damage. The same sweet spot does 21% shield damage.
I posted that USmash seems to link better, has anyone tested that out a bit more rigorously?

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
Link
nerfs:
No Jab Cancel
dash attack(non tipper) 13%->12%
dash attack(non tipper) less knockback

buffs
SpinAttack (Ground): 12% -> 14%
SpinAttack (Ground): 19% -> 22%
Hylian Shield block lasers (Falco/Fox)

Raoh

Smash Cadet
the A+B is great is your a C-Stick Tilt guy instead of Smash. We can again perform a downsmash out of crouching and can smash without resetting the control position

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unless changes are found, the meta is looking to be kind to :4yoshi: and :rosalina:, with nerfed Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic b-throw
Changes are being found.
Sheik and Sonic are still relatively fine.
More of Sheik Sonic Rosalina Fox Luigi and Falcon.
Yoshi still gonna have problems with the first 2 and rushdowns like fox/Falcon as well.

Yoshi main here:
Yoshi's egg throw does 5% max now. Down from 6-12% range it looks like. Any other Yoshis confirm?
Yoshi's eggs have done 6% since smash 4 release, you just get back from brawl?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Unless changes are found, the meta is looking to be kind to :4yoshi: and :rosalina:, with nerfed Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic b-throw
Were we sure Sonic's b-throw was tested in a match and not training mode? I thought someone mentioned that they tested this but in training and that's why they thought the bthrow was nerfed...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@ Shaya Shaya i can confirm that :4samus: has changed.

1. Homing missiles travel faster. Even when the missile has ran out of propellant it still travels faster than it did pre-patch.

2. F-tilt (non angled) has a 4th hitbox (point blank, mid range, tipper, extended tipper). The extended tipper does an extra %. Meaning it went from 7% to 8%

3. Point blank f-tilt (all angles) has received reduced hits run/knockback.

4. All other "buffs" that are being talked about are placebo.

Last edited:

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
I did some DK testing side-by-side. Someone claimed the Down-b had less end lag, but it's the same (in the air, and on the ground).

The only change I did note:
Neutral-b charges faster. DK does the same number of arm pumps, but he performs them faster. New DK finishes charging when old DK has one arm pump left. (Someone more tech savvy can get the frame data)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Luigis downB last hit has much less knockback. It can't kill ever again... maybe at 200 %. >.>
Dthrow to downB combo didn't KO Mewtwo at ~150 %. And it's one of the lightest characters.

Terabyte

Smash Rookie
NNID
PokeBoy99
Testing with Donkey Kong in training mode. It seems like his Giant Punch charges faster, I remember seeing someone talk about that but I never saw if it was confirmed or not.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Zelda:

Down-b has less ending lag on the move for all variations of charge level, and including if she "misfires" (tries down-b when it's already out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom