• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid: Other M

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't know if everyone's seen this or not, but what was on the Japanese site is now also on the US site.

http://metroid.com/

I liked the rough translation of the Japanese better than the version they have in English, though.

I'm pretty psyched for this game. It does bother me a little bit that it seems radically different from the rest of the series, in that I'm worried they may change it too much, but something about the feeling I've gotten from the trailer and the music just makes me feel like the game is going to be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I am so looking forward to this game. Coming out June 27 this year.

Good thing I'm getting a job this summer.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I love the ninja Gaiden series,I love the metroid prime series.

This game is nearly GUARANTEED to be unstoppably awesome.

HYPE!

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
That trailer got me even more hyped than I already was. Even with the Nintendo's monster line-up for this year with SMG2, S&P2, MH3, possible Zelda Wii and possible news of Gen 5 Pokemon, Other M is the one that I'm most excited for.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm a huge Metroid fan, and I think I'm the only one who says I'm not really an Other M fan. I loved SM and the Prime games. This is nothing like those, it seems to action-ey, if you will, which isn't Metroid's playstyle at all. It's more of an adventure game with constant action, not action-first, as the games' trailers suggest. I hope the game's better than the trailers suggest, as in sticking to the Metroid qualities...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well to be fare, why would they show off exploration segments in a trailer.
Besides, Nintendo R&D 1 is developing this, and they're the in-house development team that built every 2-D Metroid game from the ground up. Even if it's as linear as Metroid: Fusion, you can guarantee it will still have the atmosphere of a Metroid game. What's the worst that could happen?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
What's the worst that could happen?
Murphy's law, that's what!!!

After reading an Article in GI, Other M takes much of it's backing from several (mostly Metroid sources), With the exploration based off the first, much of the plot based around Super metroid, a story telling similar to fusion (the first game that Samus talked during the story), and the controls based off ninja gaiden & Prime.

This is where it gets iffy. Since you can't really aim when in third person (Wii mote only), much of samus' third person has auto targeting, aiming for the closest enemy in samus' direction. Since Samus is whipping around a lot, this is troublesome. Which brings me to first person, which is the inverse (better aiming [and missiles], yet no mobility). Either samus can't aim well or can't move. Hopefully Team Ninja makes it so that most of the third person part is with low enemies, and there is enough breathing room to go into first person when necessary. Either that, or Other M is as hard as Ninja Gaiden (which is hard).

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ If they improve the game even more, it would be worth the wait for me. ;p ♥

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Metroid Prime

Table of Contents
---Miscellaneous Data
---Power Beam
---Wave Beam
---Ice Beam
---Plasma Beam
---Phazon Beam
---Grapple Beam
---Missiles
---Super Missiles
---Wavebuster
---Ice Spreader
---Flamethrower
---Bombs
---Power Bombs
---Boost Ball

--------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous Data

Differences between Normal and Hard Mode:
1) Enemies have twice the life energy (you need to shoot them twice as many times to kill them)
2) Enemies' attacks do 1.5 times normal damage (your defensive strength is only 2/3 of it's normal strength)

Attack Power

---Normal Missiles and all other Charged Beams Explosion Power is exactly ½ it's normal power; Super Missiles and Ice Spreader is the exception, with it's explosion power being 2/3 of it's max normal power
---Burning (from Plasma and Flamethrower) does 15% per second for 6 seconds (90% total power)

---Power Beam - 1%, 14-25% charged
---Wave Beam - 3%, 11-20% charged
---Ice Beam - 10%, 17-30% charged
---Plasma Beam - 6%, 28-50% charged
---Phazon Beam - Approx. 4-5 or so sets (8-10 sets on Hard) of Phazon shooting at Metroid Prime Form 2 (if you're really, really fast and consistent) or about 23 seconds of shooting it to kill Metroid Prime Form 2
---Missiles - 15% (explosion alone does 7.5%)
---Super Missiles - 90% (explosion alone does 60%)
---Ice Spreader - 75% (explosion alone does 50%)
---Wavebuster - 22% or less for the first second (closer = better) but exactly 24% every second after that
---Flamethrower - 70% or less (depending on how much hits enemy, and distance from enemy)
---Boost Ball - can kill SOME enemies with AROUND 5 HP or less (difficulty level doesn't matter, but I was mainly talking about certain enemies on Normal Mode) but you must be at right angle and timed right and fast enough and stuff for some of the bigger enemies (like Beetles, which ARE possible to kill with Boost Ball, although it may take a few tries to do so)
---Bombs - 10%
---Power Bombs - like Phazon, it generally has no set power; it either kills instantly or doesn't affect at all (Sheegoth, [125 or 200] can die from Power Bombs in one hit, but to Omega Pirate [when he can be damaged when he's invisible, WITHOUT his armor on] it can do up to 125% of his 300 HP [600 HP on Hard] as long as you plant the Power Bomb right next to Omega Pirate at the peak of your Bomb Jump)

Range

(Note: for "Range" I measured how many times each beam/missile shot bounced back and forth between the 2 Wave Beam doors in Control Tower [in Phendrana Drifts])

1) 8.5 - Ice Beam
2) 8 - Missile
3) 5.1 - Power Beam
4) 3 - Charged Power
5) 2.7 - Charged Plasma
6) 2.3 - Charged Wave, Charged Ice, Super Missile, Ice Spreader
10) 2.1 - Wave Beam
11) ??? - Phazon Beam
12) 1.15 - Plasma Beam
13) 0.5 - Grapple Beam, Flamethrower, Wavebuster (to activate)
16) 0.25 - Power Bombs
17) 0.05 - Bombs

Enemy HP list (all damages are for Normal Mode; on Hard Mode all HP values are exactly doubled, except for certain cases, like for example, if Zoomer has 3 HP on Normal, and 5 HP on Hard, then it REALLY has 2.5 HP on Normal but that will probably confuse you so I won't write that, I'll just round it up for you so it's more useful to you; only cases that it even COULD matter is something like Aqua Sac which has 7.5 HP on Normal where the explosion of a Missile can kill it, but stuff like that nobody will even care about so I rounded all decimal numbers up)

***Note, thanks to SolidSnake X for some of the HP values.

1) Mega Turret - 45
2) Grizby - (only Missiles work)
3) Zoomer - 3 (5 HP on Hard)
4) Plated Parasite - (only Bombs work)
5) Pulse Bombu - 9 (only Wave attacks works) ("Void Bombu" is the same as Pulse Bombu except invisible, and it's found somewhere in Phazon Mines at the bottom level)
6) Ice Shriekbat - 1 (1 HP on Hard also)
7) Parasite Queen - 200 - APPROXIMATE AVERAGE (varies greatly on where you hit it; shooting it's tail does the least damage, many other spots like the stomach do normal damage, while shooting it DIRECTLY into it's mouth while it's shooting at you with that green beam does the most damage)
8) Scarab - 1 (1 HP on Hard also)
9) Aqua Reaper - (only Charged Plasma blasts can kill it; shooting it with other guns just makes it hide temporarily)
10) Triclops - (only Bombs work)
11) Puffer - 1
12) Glider - invincible (can grapple onto it with the Grapple Beam, which freezes it during that time)
13) Auto Turret - 15 or 30 (weaker ones with 15 HP are near the beginning of the game; Ice PERMANENTLY freezes it [Ice doesn't freeze MEGA Turrets for very long though])
14) Jelzap - 15 (Ice freezes it; Ice + Missile = easy kill)
15) Beetle - 5 (10 HP on Hard, BUT Plasma [6%] = instant kill; Power Beam shots stun it for a split second)
16) Tangle Weed - invincible (can only make it hide temporarily by shooting at it)
17) Flying Pirate - 45 (Missiles stun it, Plasma stuns it and burns it, Charged Plasma = Instant Kill, Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it, Ice freezes and Ice + Missile breaks it for an easy kill)
18) Hive Mecha - 18 (3 sections of 6 HP each)
19) War Wasp - 2 (the lone War Wasp in Chozo Ruins Main Plaza has only 1 HP though)
20) Bloodflower - 18 HP (only Plasma and Flamethrower [Burns, Charged Plasma kills instantaneously]; [Ice freezes temporarily] Ice + Missile, Super Missiles, Power Bombs, Sap Sac explosions, and shooting the green acid ball that it shoots at you to send a fireball straight toward Bloodflower which kills it work on Bloodflower)
21) Ice Beetle - 15 (Plasma kills instantly; shoot with Power Beam and it will instantly burrow back under ground)
22) Reaper Vine - (only Charged Plasma blasts can kill it; shooting it with other guns just makes it hide temporarily)
23) Aqua Drone - 20 (Plasma and Missiles stuns it for a split second; Charged Plasma = Instant Kill; Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it)
24) Ice Trooper - 75 (Charged Ice freezes; only Ice and Ice Spreader or [slightly] Charged Ice Beam + Missile works)
25) Sap Sac - 3
26) Flickerbat - 2 (need X-ray visor to see it and Lock on to it, although you can still damage it with any visor on)
27) Wave Trooper - 50 (only Wave and Wavebuster works; [slightly] Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes enemy)
28) Sentry Drone - 20 (Plasma and Missiles stuns it for a split second; Charged Plasma = Instant Kill; Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it; the Invisible Drone that guards the Power Bombs/Save Point in Phazon Mines has 60 HP, but Wave and especially Wavebuster can literally OWN that robot)
29) Burrower - 1 (unaffected by Plasma)
30) Plazmite - 2
31) Barbed War Wasp - 2
32) Flaahgra - 28 (28% to stun it; shots doesn't affect for the short time right after he "recovers" from the stun; 4 bombs (40 HP) to kill him when he's vulnerable; about 4 quick shots (4%) to the "sunflowers" that "powers him" to make it go up)
33) Scatter Bombu - 9 (only Wave attacks works)
34) Space Pirate - 30 (Missiles stun it, Plasma stuns it and burns it, Charged Plasma = Instant Kill, Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it, Ice freezes and Ice + Missile breaks it for an easy kill)
35) Parasite - 1
36) Tallon Crab - 1
37) Blastcap - 3 (5 HP on Hard)
38) Aqua Sac - 8 (15 HP on Hard)
39) Lumigek - 1
40) Incinerator Drone - 24 (4 sections of 6 HP each)
41) Eyon - (only charged shots, Ice + Missile, and Power Bombs work)
42) Fission Metroid - 45 to make it split (Tip: use Power Bombs)
-----Yellow (Power) Fission Metroids - 45 or 50 HP (varies)
-----Purple (Wave) Fission Metroids - 45 or 50 HP (varies)
-----White (Ice) Fission Metroids - 20 or 75 HP (varies)
-----Red (Plasma) Fission Metroids - 1 or 96 HP (varies)
43) Oculus - only dies if the platform it's on gets destroyed
44) Meta Ridley - 1305 total / 1000 (in air) / 180 (on ground when slow) / 125 (on ground when fast)
45) Plasma Trooper - 125 (only Plasma and Flamethrower works; Plasma [and Flamethrower] burns enemy as well)
46) Aqua Pirate - 60 (Missiles stun it, Plasma stuns it and burns it, Charged Plasma = Instant Kill, Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it, Ice freezes and Ice + Missile breaks it for an easy kill)
47) Baby Sheegoth - 28 total / with shell - 25 / without shell - 3 / (uncharged Ice Beam doesn't affect it; uncharged Plasma makes it phase back each hit; Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it; Charged Plasma = Instant Kill [even on Hard Mode])
48) Seedling - 3 (5 HP on Hard)
49) Plated Beetle - 20 (Missiles stun it, Plasma stuns it and burns it, Charged Plasma = Instant Kill, Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it, Ice freezes and Ice + Missile breaks it for an easy kill)
50) Sheegoth - 250/200/125 (Missiles work when it's hyperventilating, but Plasma doesn't get absorbed, so you can kill it quicker without having to wait for it to hyperventilate if you have that weapon; however, this doesn't mean it's WEAK against Plasma, you can just hurt it any time with it)
-----Chapel of the Elders - 250 (boss for Wave Beam)
-----Quarantine Cave - 200 (after you beat Thardus)
-----Ice Ruins East - 125
-----Ruins Entryway - 125
51) Stone Toad - (only Bombs work in his mouth when he swallows Samus in Morph Ball form)
52) Metroid - 50 (Ice + Missile = easy kill; Fully Charged Plasma blast = easy kill) ("Alpha" Metroids have 120 HP, which is 2.4 times more HP on normal Metroids have, but that's the only difference between them)
53) Venom Weed - invincible (can only make it hide temporarily by shooting at it)
54) Phazon Elite - 350
55) Metroid Prime Form 2 - about 23 seconds of shooting the Phazon Beam, so if you're really fast and get to the Phazon quickly, about 4 or 5 Phazon shootings can kill him
56) Ice Burrower - 1
57) Flaahgra Tentacle - invincible
58) Elite Pirate - 150
59) Omega Pirate - 300 (when it's vulnerable to attack) (75 HP for each of it's 4 body parts; also, when he's invisible, if at LEAST 51% or more is done to him he will reteleport to one of the other 2 Phazon-recovering locations)
60) Puddle Spore - invincible (shoot with anything to make it hide into it's shell temporarily)
61) Chozo Ghost - 100 (only Power Beam and SUPER Missiles work)
62) Thardus - 1000 (1008 some might say, but they're technically wrong; 16 sets of 63HP [really 62.5HP, since it's 125 on Hard])
63) Shriekbat - 1 (1 HP on Hard also)
64) Hunter Metroid - 75 (Ice + Missile = easy kill, or you could use a Super Missile for another easy kill [on Normal Mode at least])
65) Magmoor - 50 (Ice + Missile = easy kill; Fully Charged Plasma blast = easy kill [on Normal Mode at least])
66) Hive - (only Missiles work)
67) Metroid Prime Form 1 - 1430; 13 sets of 110 each (Ice does 1.5 X damage to Metroid Prime when he turns white, which actually kinda makes sense, seeing how in other Metroid games Metroids are weak against Ice; I recommend you use Super Missiles, Charged Wave Beam shots [or Wavebuster if you have a lot of Missiles to spare], Ice Spreader, and Charged Plasma Blasts [he doesn't really get burned even though he APPEARS to get burned] to beat him super easily)
-----Subchamber 1 (2 sets) - Power & Wave (any order)
-----Subchamber 2 (3 sets) - Power & Wave & Ice (any order)
-----Subchamber 3 (4 sets) - Power & Wave & Ice & Plasma (any order)
-----Subchamber 4 (4 sets) - Randomly changes
68) Shadow Pirate - 35 HP (Missiles stun it, Plasma stuns it and burns it, Charged Plasma = Instant Kill, Charged Wave temporarily paralyzes it, Ice freezes and Ice + Missile breaks it for an easy kill)
69) Ram War Wasp - 2
70) Ice Parasite - (only Missiles and Plasma work)
71) Geemer - (only Missiles and Plasma work [as well as Power Bombs obviously])
72) Crystallite - (only Missiles and Plasma work)
73) Plated Puffer - (only Missiles work)
74) Power Trooper - 63 (125 HP on Hard; only Power Beam and Super Missiles works)

Other:
---Radion/Brinstone - Missiles (or Super Missiles)
---Sandstone/Talloric Alloy - Bombs (or Power Bombs)
---Cordite - Super Missiles
---Bendezium - Power Bombs
---Type 1 Ice (breaks) - Plasma (any type)
---Type 2 Ice (melts) - Uncharged Plasma melts it (charged Plasma strangely doesn't work on this)
---Harmless Birds (from Chozo Ruins) - 1 HP (1 HP on Hard also)
---Breakable Boxes - 2 HP or 3 HP (most are 3 HP, but SOME [some of the boxes from Phendrana Drifts] are 2 HP) (VERY few need a charged shot to be destroyed [mainly the bigger ones])
---Thardus's Homing Rocks he shoots are you - 3 HP (same as 1 Wave Beam shot)
---Metroid Prime's Particle Wave Projectors (Homing Energy Balls) - 15 HP (same as 1 Missile)
---Dying (broken leg) Space Pirates (in very beginning of game, and on the other side of Frigate Crash Site early on in the game) - 4 HP
---Brain Damaged Space Pirate (there's only 1, and it's in the beginning of game) - 15 HP

***Omega Pirate (300 life energy when vulnerable, and 75 life energy for each body part. Also, when he's invisible, if at LEAST 51% or more is done to him he will reteleport to one of the other 2 Phazon-recovering locations)

Omega Pirate Attack Power:
---Touch Omega Pirate - 20%
---Energy Siphon - N/A (just absorbs your shots)
---"Mega Whack" - 40%
---Wave Quack (shockwave) - 24%
---2 Red Explosive Cannonballs (both) - varies; AVERAGES about 75%
---(touch Phazon on ground for a VERY short time) - 0-5% (if you get off it QUICKLY)
---(touch Phazon on ground and stay there) - Average Rate - 40-50% per second
---(touch Phazon on Walls) - 16% per touch (you'll only hit it if you jump at it)
---Touch _____ Troopers - 8%
---_____ Troopers gun shots - 9-10% each
---_____ Troopers "slash" attack - 16% or 24% (depending on how it hits you; edge of blade is strongest)

How Omega Pirate reacts to what you do:
---shoot him - Energy Siphon (absorbs shots)
---close distance - "Mega Whack"
---average distance - Wave Quake
---far distance - 2 Red Explosive Cannonballs

How you should react to what Omega Pirate does:
---Energy Siphon - just prepare a charged Plasma blast or Super Missile
---"Mega Whack" - RUN! (move backwards)
---Wave Quake - double jump (or just move backwards out of it's range)
---2 Red Explosive Cannonballs - Shoot him with a Super Missile, OR move forward towards Omega Pirate, and right AFTER he shoots BOTH of his Red Explosive Cannonballs, double dodge to the left or right (move towards him because if you're too far away from Omega Pirate, then the Red Explosive Cannonballs will BOUNCE on the ground instead of instantly exploding, giving you time to dodge the explosion from them)
---Releases Power Troopers - Super Missiles
---Releases Wave Troopers - slightly charged Wave Beam shots (if there's a group of ONLY Wave Troopers then use Wavebuster)
---Releases Ice Troopers - a slightly charged Ice Beam shot + Missile, or Ice Spreader (if you have plenty of Missiles use Ice Spreader)
---Releases Plasma Troopers - Plasma blasts (shoot one as soon as you can to at least START the "burning" process and then use Charged Plasma blasts)
***Omega Pirate CAN kill his own guys with his attacks if you let him. On my scale of measuring attack strength (see the beam/bomb/missile information below the Metroid Prime Misc. section) then Omega Pirate's Wave Quake does 30% to the _____ Troopers, as opposed to the 24% it does to Samus.

How to beat Omega Pirate easily:
1) Attack him with Super Missiles (90%) and/or charged Plasma Blasts (28-50%). This is MUCH better than using any other form of attack.
2) The best time to atack him with a Super Missile (or charged Plasma blast) is right AFTER he does his Wave Quake move. Do NOT shoot him when he's using his Energy Siphon (yellow glow from hands that absorbs beams AND missiles)
3) If he has you trapped in a corner and is very close to you swinging at you over and over again and you can't escape without losing a lot of damage, then to escape with only minimal damage, go into Morph Ball and Boost Ball away.
4) Power Bombs do NOT hurt him, they only stun him, UNLESS you were to equip the X-ray visor, Morph Ball towards Omega Pirate, Bomb jump up once, then plant a Power Bomb at the peak of your jump when you were right next to Omega Pirate, and then leave Morph Ball form, and it can do up to about 125% of Omega Pirate's 300 HP (600 HP on Hard Mode).
5) Make sure to collect the Ultra Energy (recovers 1 energy tank) and Large Energy (recovers 20%) that the _____ Troopers SOMETIMES leave behind when they die.
6) Omega Pirate has A LOT of reach, so keep your distance unless he just finished one on his moves with a long lag time. He can and will usually hit you if you try to Morph Ball under his "Mega Whack", so be advised that if you attempt to do that, you'll PROBABLY be hit once.
7) Omega Pirate is faster than he looks (his steps are slow but long); he's just SLIGHTLY slower than Samus when she walks, so don't misjudge him by his size, as that makes him look slower than he really is.
8) When he's invisible (or "cloaked"), Omega Pirate almost always starts in the middle/front of the course (where you started the battle of him). After you deal at LEAST 51% of damage or more to him, he will reappear somewhere else, and after 12 seconds of being invisible have been up, then he'll return to normal with all his armor on (there's only 3 Phazon spots so it's a 50/50 chance from there, since he NEVER appears in the same spot that he teleported from).
9) Use your Radar (upper left corner of screen) to locate Omega Pirate when he reappears if you can't find him (which you SHOULD be able to do) and more importantly you should use your Radar to find the _____ Troopers that come to attack you so you can kill them before they hit you (Note: some of the _____ Troopers do not use guns, they only use their scythes.
10) To avoid the Phazon on the walls, don't jump into it (don't jump when you're right up against the wall). To avoid Phazon on the ground, keep moving around Omega Pirate by holding left or right and TAPPING B. When moving away (backwards usually) from Omega Pirate, move away while double jumping so even if you do hit the Phazon you won't lose more than a few (VERY little) bits of damage.
11) Practice. As simple as this may be, it took me (this was from last year when the game came out) an entire 7-8 tries to beat him on Normal, but after I learned his patterns I beat him on Hard Mode my 1st or 2nd try (I forget which it was). Now I can beat him without even getting hit (seriously I can, and the guide I just gave you to beat him WORKS [skill is needed as well as knowing what to do though], and the main thing to keep in mind is to stay out of his reach and just pummel him with Super Missiles right after he does his Wave Quake move. Just practice learning his "attack patterns" and fight back as necessary. It seems hard the 1st several times but if you know what to do and are skilled enough to do it right then it really isn't very hard to beat him).

To beat the Spiderball Puzzle in Phazon Mines (1st time):
1) Hit the bottom switch once
2) Go up the BLUE spiderball track to the 2nd floor
3) Hit the switch on the 2nd floor 2 times
4) Go to bottom (again) and hit switch 3 times
5) Go up RED spiderball track to 3rd floor
Note: On the bottom floor, 2 Power Troopers attack you, and a Wave Trooper is on the top floor; all of which you should kill (prepare Super Missiles before you go into that room)

There's only one YELLOW Sap Sac in the game, and it's near the beginning of the game in Root Tunnel (that's where the first Bloodflower you encounter in the game is).

---2 Metroids in the game are "Alpha" Metroids(from Phendrana Drifts, or the Ice world), because they have 2.4 times more life energy than normal Metroids have (120 HP, and 240 HP on Hard)
---Research Lab Aether is the room they are in(which is actually the 1st room you ever encounter a Metroid in for the very 1st time; the one with the cutscene where that Metroid breaks out of it's statis tank and attacks you)
---BOTH of the 2 Metroids in the statis tanks in that room are "Alpha" Metroids
---If you scan them (OUT of the statis tank of course) it says this (exactly):
'This High Energy Lifeform is a Metroid Alpha Type

Glitch: Everlasting Breath - Kill Sheegoth or Baby Sheegoth while it's using it's Ice Breath attack and it will continue using it even after death (until it disappears a few seconds later of course)

Glitch: Stupid AI - Permanently FREEZE the Ice Trooper in Phazon Mines in Central Dynamo (where you first acquire the Power Bombs from) and from Save Station Mines B, walk to the edge of the door (don't walk out the doot though) and aim at the Ice Trooper to the left with the ICE SPREADER weapon, and it should freeze the Ice Trooper to the right of it. Walk through the door and the frozen Ice Trooper should stay frozen (then simply defeat the other two Ice Troopers with Charged Ice + Missile to kill them quickly) then if you walk up to that frozen Ice Trooper, even after he gets unfrozen, then you can even walk up to him and touch him (you'll get damaged a bit though) or stand in front of him and he still won't move (unless you shoot at him again). Note that you can also do this trick from the Quarantine Access A room, although you shouldn't really bother as it's easier from Save Station Mines B.

Stupid AI (again) - In Phazon Mines, from Save Station Mines B (again), go backwards into Central Dynamo, into Dynamo Access, then jump up through the Ice Beam Door to get into a room called Omega Research. Now, don't move. A Power Trooper will walk right up to you, look STRAIGHT AT YOU, and walk back again without even noticing you. This is because the enemies don't "notice you" until after you leave the door which connects the two rooms together. This is a perfect example of showing the game's developers overlooks in their game programming, and abusing it to make fun of them. Ha, HAAAAAA!

Power Beam
Power - 1% (the base standard for measuring other beam powers)
Power When Charged - 14-25%
Range - 5.1
Range When Charged - 3
Rapidness - 8-9 times per second (8 4/7 per second), or 7 frames apart per shot (let's just say I'm a very experienced frame tester)
Speed - Fast / Average speed when charged
Other - 1) This and Super Missiles (NOT regular Missiles) is all that affects Chozo Ghosts, Power Troopers, and Yellow Metroid Prime, though Super Missles are MUCH better to use on them then the Power Beam is.
2) (this is for uncharged shots) If shot from out of water and into water, it will stop at the water's surface.

Wave Beam
Power - 3% (each of the 3 beams that it shoots has the power of 1 uncharged Power Beam shot)
Power When Charged - 11-20%
Range - 2.1
Range When Charged - 2.3
Rapidness - 2 per second
Speed - Slow / Average to Slow speed when charged
Other - 1) Opens Purple Doors / Hurts Wave Troopers, Purple Metroid Prime, etc.
2) When Charged (even if only slightly) it stuns the enemy that was shot (do this constantly on Wave Troopers to beat them easily, without giving them a change to counterattack you since they'd be stunned the whole time)
3) Homes in on enemies if you lock onto them with L

Ice Beam
Power - 10%
Power When Charged - 17-30%
Range - 8.5 (farthest of all shots)
Range When Charged - 2.3
Rapidness - 1 per second (really it's slightly slower, at 1 shot every 1 and 1/60 seconds, or 1 shot every 61 frames)
Speed - Slow / Average to Slow speed when charged
Other - 1) Opens White Doors / Hurts Ice Troopers, White Metroid Prime, etc.
2) Freezes enemies (according to a test on Metroids, freezes for 8 seconds when uncharged, and freezes for only 5 seconds when fully charged, BUT for the exception of Metroids, most enemies get frozen longer by a CHARGED Ice Beam). Only CHARGED Ice Beam blasts freeze Ice Troopers, so you can shatter them with a missile to kill them quickly and easily. PERMANENTLY freezes Auto Turrets, BUT only temporarily freezes Mega Turrets, and it doesn't damage them either.
3) Can shatter (kill) MOST frozen enemies with a missile (example: can't shatter any of the Auto Turrets or Mega Turrets)
4) Believe it or not, with the Ice Beam, it's quicker AND stronger to shoot a normal Ice Beam blast and keep holding A to charge and shoot a slightly charged Ice Beam blast (then continue the process of shooting an uncharged then a slightly charged Ice Beam shot) then it is to keep shooting only uncharged Ice Beam shots. This is because the recovery time of the charged Ice Beam shot is much less than the 1 second lag of a normal Ice Beam shot, and simply put it's easy to tell that it's slightly faster in the long run overall, as well as being stronger (Trust me, I've tested it several times and it's better to do it this way)

Plasma Beam
Power - 6%
Power When Charged - 28-50%
Range - 1.15
Range When Charged - 2.7
Rapidness - about 3 per second
Speed - Very fast (about 1.5 times the speed of an uncharged Power Beam, even though it may appear to look even faster than that)
Other - 1) Opens Red Doors / Hurts Plasma Troopers, Red Metroid Prime
2) Can Burn some enemies (like Space Pirates). Burn damage works like this: burning lasts for 6 seconds doing 90 damage total in burning, (which comes out to 15 damage a second for 6 seconds time). If you shoot another Plasma Blast on an enemy that is already burning, then the burning process "restarts" itself, instead of speeding the burning process up or doubling the burning time (I wish it was that way, but it would also be too easy that way)
3) If it's charged it often kills many enemies in 1 hit, even if they have more than 50 HP. It "dissovles" many enemies (looks really cool). Also, some enemies, like Beetles, which have 5 HP on Normal mode BUT 10 HP on Hard mode, die in one hit from Plasma blasts (charged or uncharged)
4) Breaks Ice (uncharged Plasma blasts is all that melts the ice that can only be destroyed by MELTING/DISSOLVING it)
5) If shot from out of water into water it stops at the water's surface.

Phazon Beam
Power - A LOT! (impossible to measure exactly) On Normal Mode, takes about 23 or so seconds of shooting this to kill Metroid Prime, or 4 or 5 phazon sets if you're really fast and get to it almost instantly after Metroid Prime drops the Phazon (Form 2 of course), and kills Metroid Prime's "babies" (the Metroids/Hunter Metroids/Alpha Metroids he releases) instantly with this (as long as they're not "stunned" or frozen)
Range - Plenty enough to reach Metroid Prime. But seriously, it seems to be a little farther than an uncharged Plasma Beam (it's hard to tell, but it's something like that)
Rapidness - Constant (just hold A)
Speed - Very fast (about same as Plasma, but maybe a bit faster)
Other - 1) Use to kill Metroid Prime's 2nd Form while standing on the blue Phazon he drops. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME IN THE GAME THAT YOU CAN USE THE PHAZON BEAM, WHILE FIGHTING METROID PRIME'S 2ND FORM, so don't even waste time trying to use it any other time.
2) Phazon Beam is a.k.a. Hyper Beam (you go into "Hyper Mode" while using the Phazon Beam)

Grapple Beam
Range ~ 0.5 (can move backwards after you choose where to latch onto, so you can increase the range sort of by walking backwards wafter you lock onto a grapple point)
Speed - Very Slow, BUT you can make it faster while moving towards your Grapple Point and longer by moving away from it after you locked onto a Grapple Point
Other - Used to latch onto Grapple points with the L button and cross large gaps that are normally unaccessable without it. You can also latch onto certain enemies (scan the right enemy and then it becomes obvious)

Missile
Power - 15%
Explosion Power (JUST the explosion) - 7.5% (most "explosions" from most weapons do EXACTLY half the normal damage of the shot if it hits an enemy; especially for Beam weapons)
Range - 8 (2nd farthest in game)
Rapidness - with the special Y+A, Y+A, Y+A trick, it can shoot at an average of about 4-5 times faster (3 shots per second), or about the same as the Plasma Beam's rapidness. HOWEVER, you can only have 3 Missiles on the screen at a time like how you can only have 3 bombs on the screen at a time (doesn't matter if it's a Missile, Super Missile, or Ice Spreader, only 3 of ANY type of Missile can be on the screen at once, regardless of what 'type' of Missile it is)
Speed - Slow
Other - 1) Have a limited amount (can carry up to 250 when you have all the Missile Upgrades)
2) Homes in on enemies if you lock onto them with L
3) Destroys Radion and Brinstone
4) Can shatter most frozen enemies (ice + missile)
5) Opens Missile Hatch Doors (duh)
6) Equip the Power Beam and press Y+A Y+A Y+A etc. (don't press it REALLY fast or it won't work)to shoot Missiles much faster by greatly reducing the recovery time after shooting a Missile [you can shoot Missiles about 4-5 times faster this way])

Super Missiles
Power - 90% (strongest of all)
Explosion Power (JUST the explosion) - 60%
Range - 2.3
Rapidness - 1 shot every 4 seconds
Speed - Slow
Other - 1) Uses 5 Missiles to use a Super Missile (but has the power of 6 Missiles!)
3) Destroys "Cordite" (as well as anything a normal Missile can destroy)
4) Good to use especially on Omega Pirate and Metroid Prime when he's Yellow
5) Use these on ALL bosses (unless it's Metroid Prime's 2nd form or one of the bosses near the beginning of the game [before you acquire Super Missiles of course])

Wavebuster
Power - about 12-22% the first second (depending on how close you are, can do even less if you're really far from your enemy), but exactly 24% every second after that
Range ~ 0.5 + (but after you lock on, you can go back as far as you want and still be shooting the enemy, EVEN RIDLEY when he's flying from FAR away [easy way to beat Ridley is using this, and you'll almost kill him by the time you run out of Missiles, by which that time you should be using charged Plasma blasts to finish him off])
Rapidness - constant fire while holding down A
Other - 1) Takes 10 Missiles to start using, and then 5 Missiles per second after that
2) Paralyzes some enemies while electrocuting them
3) Homes in on enemies automatically (VERY useful on that Invisible Security Drone in Phazon Mines, and also useful on Metroid Prime [1st Form] when he's Purple, and useful on Wave Troopers and in rooms filled with a lot of fast and weak enemies)

Ice Spreader
Power - 75%
"Explosion" Power (the ice from when it hits something) - 50%
Range - 2.3 (same as Super Missiles)
Rapidness - 1 shot every 4 seconds
Speed - Slow
Other - 1) Takes 10 Missiles to start using, and then 5 Missiles per second after that
3) VERY useful when Metroid Prime (1st Form) turns White, as it does massive damage to him, as well as temporarily freezing him)
4) Freezes [most] enemies pretty long

Flamethrower
Power - 70% per second at very very maximum possible power (at SUPER close range when it ALL hits, although it averages more around 40% or so in most situations that you'll use it)
Range ~ 0.5
Rapidness - constant fire while holding down A
2) Burns some enemies
3) Doesn't work in water (duh)
4) Sadly, as much as the Flamethrower is FUN to use to burn enemies with, it's pretty useless and you could easily beat the game without it. It's still fun to use though, even though it should've been made better to actually be useful in the game.

Bombs
Power - 10%
Range - 0.1 diameter, 0.05 radius
Rapidness - fast enough; can only plant 3 at a time before having to wait 3 seconds for them to recharge; recharge timer starts after first of the 3 bombs you plant (this is how the triple bomb jump was discovered and performed, abusing this trick although it's EXTREMELY hard to do)
Speed - explodes in about 1 second after you plant it
Other - 1) Used to break "Sandstone" and "Talloric Alloy", as well as some other obstacles
2) Use to attack enemies while in Morph Ball (some enemies can only be affected by bombs)
3) Use to "Bomb Jump" (Double Bomb Jump - place a bomb, then right before it explodes place another bomb, and use your 3rd bomb when you're at the apex of your bomb jump when you're in midair)
4) After you plant the 1st bomb in the 3-at-a-time-maximum bomb set, the 3 second timer starts. Therefore, if timed right, you can plant 5 bombs in a row (and it's EXTREMELY difficult but it's possible to Triple Bomb Jump [I've never been able to quite do it right, but it's definately possible]). Check some official Metroid websites to find out how to do it just right.

Power Bombs
Power - VARIES (can kill Sheegoth in 1 hit [125 or 200 HP], and does up to 125% on Omega Pirate [300 HP] when you plant the Power Bomb and then right afterward go back to your X-ray visor mode (or else it won't damage him) but other than that it has NO SET AMOUNT (either kills an enemy in 1 hit or doesn't affect it at all)
Range ~ 0.50 diameter, 0.25 radius
Rapidness - 1 shot every 7 - 7.5 seconds
Speed - very very slow (explosion moving speed) and it explodes a second or so after it's planted
Other - 1) Limited Amount (starts with 4, but you can carry up to a maximum of 8 when you have all the Power Bomb Expansions, but when you first collect them you can only carry 4 at a time)
2) Can break "Bendezium" (as well as anything a normal bomb can destroy of course, except for things such as the breakable blocks that is in the Phazon maze that guards the Artifact of Newborn)
3) Use these on Fission Metroids if you ever wanna get past Metroid Prime and his little annoying Fission Metroids in that big room (actually you can usually, if you go fast and don't stop moving, get to the 1st Red Door with the Missile Recharge in it in that big tall red room with Fission Metroids everywhere, before the 1st Metroid that chases you gets to you. If it does happen to get to you or you don't think you're fast enough then you can always kill it right when you get in that room, and then continure jumping the platforms. After that, right before the next SMALL set of platforms, you can take out 2 Fission Metroids with 1 Power Bomb)

Boost Ball
Power - weak, this only works on small and weak enemies, usually with around 5 HP or less, and it's either an "instant kill" or a "no-damager"
Other - 1) Use to attack some WEAK enemies (like Zoomers, and it's possible but VERY hard to kill Beetles with)
2) Go faster (fastest way to travel, ESPECIALLY when going downhill)
3) Get up sloped surfaces and "HALF-PIPES"

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
^ for those that don't know I made that list for Metroid Prime a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago

I might do this again for Other M

I honestly didn't like Metroid Prime 3 at all and thought 2 was mediocre at best

MP1 was where it was at, oh yeah and SUPER METROID was probably the best Metroid game very very very very close with Prime.

I might make a stat list for Other M if I feel like it

I'm the master of this **** ;)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I recently played Prime 1 again for the first time in several years, and it was even better than I remembered it.

Here's to hoping Samus' first 2d/3d hybrid game is as memorable an expierence!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Old bump, I'm aware, but this game comes out in 12 days, it could use some attention. WHO ELSE IS PUMPED FOR THIS GAME?!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've been watching this thing for like 3 days now, it looks too awesome man. Too freaking awesome. I'm as hyped as I was with MH3, except that this time it's a franchise that I know and love already. Maaaan, I hope Team Ninja made it hard, and I don't mean hard as in "wonky controllers", "bad programming", etc, but hard as in challenging (going headfirst into hard mode, woo!)...

COME AWN PEOPLE, HYPE

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm trying to get 100% in all 3 Prime games before this comes out...and then I want to beat Fusion yet again to remind me of the whole Adam backstory completely.

I'm 80% through Metroid Prime 2. I'm not sure how possible it is at this point, but I'm sure as hell going to try...

...Anyway. Despite some reservations about the differences this might have in relation to the other Metroid games, I am looking forward to it. The plot at the very least should be quite interesting. I'm just worried Team Ninja has tried to make it too action-y with all of those flashy finishing moves. =/

Also, has anyone seen this?

http://kotaku.com/5600764/metroid-other-m-to-include-two-hour-movie-version-of-game

A lot of people commenting on that have considered it as confirmation that the game is going to suck, but personally I don't see why: I think that's a pretty cool feature to have. If the plot's good enough, that could be something I make use of on many occasions.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm hyped, but I'm so busy I won't be getting it for a long while (like December or so) XD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Arguing with people about this game is ridiculous. I've been arguing with "Malstromites" about how they're jumping to conclusion way too early about the characterization and narrative in the game and feel that they have enough information to make a valid opinion.

Idiots. Then there's the whole game god thing.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't mind any of the changes, none at all. I just want to play it and enjoy it. Why is it so hard for other people to do so? Not every game you want will be what you want it to be, having Metroid be a side-scroller reminiscent of the good ol' days will just make it boring fast. Retro stuff only works for so long... Could you imagine how popular the Final Fantasy franchise would be if they would all be reminiscent of the first in everything? I tell ya, FF10 wouldn't be as amazing as it is now, it would only be 'okay'.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The only thing I'm legitimately worried about that I've discovered in replaying Prime 1 and 2 is that atmosphere is one of the best things about Metroid games, and the more I think about Prime 3 the more I realize that it was ruined...and I really hope they don't do the same thing in Other M. It didn't stop Prime 3 from being a good game, but it was just so cliché as a whole that even thinking about it irks me.

You could argue that Fusion eliminated the isolation thing too, except I'd actually disagree; despite the fact that you had the computer there, you didn't feel at all like it was assisting you until the very end when Adam came through. And it wasn't really working with you, it was working against you.

...Anyway, I just hope they manage to maintain a good atmosphere in this and have less of a feeling that you're just working for the GF.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This game comes out tomorrow, right?

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it within the next week. It's gotten pretty good reviews, I love a good ol' Metroid game, and I'm getting my first paycheck this Friday.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This game comes out tomorrow, right?

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it within the next week. It's gotten pretty good reviews, I love a good ol' Metroid game, and I'm getting my first paycheck this Friday.
Yup! August 31st, 2010! :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, Game Informer and G4's review, but we already know how much they fail. I'll get this game in a week, but so far most reviewers are saying this game is great, but not amazing.

Top Bottom