• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaMindgame Spam

Popertop

Smash Champion
The counter to the METAMINDGAMESPAM is not knowing anything about the METAMINDGAMESPAM, therefore being METAMINDGAMESPAM in it's purest form.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Real Life Demonstration of Spamming MetaMindGames

So I was playing my sister (MK), and I was Captain Falcon with a 300% handicap. I killed myself twice at the very beginning. After that I shouted out all of my moves and won the match.

Actually happened.

I thought that Dumbeldore came back from the dead and gave me magical powers, but now I know it was MetaMindGames Spam.

Unless, she was mindgaming me the whole time.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Dumbledore derives his supreme magical power from Metamindgame Spam and nothing else.

That, and his striking good looks.

And in case anyone is wondering: no, I am not trying to metamindgame spam you all. I'm metamindgame spaming MYSELF, because that is the only way to reach metamindgame spam nirvana.

P.S. Using Mario and constantly F.L.U.D.D.ing Charizard or Bowser while screaming "IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE" is fun.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously debating posting up a Metamindgame Spam blog entry.

I'd polish up my first post, add in a few more angles I hadn't initially thought of, then saturate it with purple prose and a dry, pedagogic tone worthy of a history textbook or lecture.

I'd make it pretty and then request that it gets linked on that really important thread.

Not that getting my seven+ pages of fame isn't gratifying or appreciated, but I was expecting more people to be offended either due to stupidity or some sort of anal-retentive personality trait, and so far I think I've only pissed off that one guy.

But then again, no one read my last blog.....*sniff*...

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
i tried doing this the other day with my friend. we both just ended up screaming MIND GAMES MIND GAMES MIND GAMES! at eachother it was prettying ****ing hilarious. DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT!!! I JUST THREW MY PIKMIN AT YOU!!! MIND GAME. I JUST LET YOU GET OUT OF MY CG! MIND GAAAAAAAAME!!!!! like i was crying thats how hard i was laughing. i did end up ****** him though so i gues it worked.

UncleSam

Smash Master
i tried doing this the other day with my friend. we both just ended up screaming MIND GAMES MIND GAMES MIND GAMES! at eachother it was prettying ****ing hilarious. DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT!!! I JUST THREW MY PIKMIN AT YOU!!! MIND GAME. I JUST LET YOU GET OUT OF MY CG! MIND GAAAAAAAAME!!!!! like i was crying thats how hard i was laughing. i did end up ****** him though so i gues it worked.
My friends always call me when I play them online (ghetto voice chat), we then both choose Captain Falcon, yell show ya' moves, and Falcon Punch for about a minute before we actually start to fight, It never gets boring

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
This is EXACTLY how all tournaments should sound like.

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
haha im seriously gonna do this at the next tournament i go to :) ... i hoped i dont get kicked out haha

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I do this all the time. I go haha "Don't airdodge" and attack. They never airdodge for some reason.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
say.....when did all these stars get on this thread?

Geometrically-incorrect-depictions-of-celestial-bodies-as-marks-of-approval-in-online-forums: I haz them.

And nao: Title of Smash Journeyman GET.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Imagine someone showing up to a tournament in a DK suit. Eating bananas. And saying he mindgamed you with his suit. And he just does nothing. And you get mind****ed so badly you SD. That would be ultimate failure :\
This. Is. Win.

10Siggies.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
The best mindgame is the one where you yell out loud "IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH!" and not do anything.

Seriously, sticky this for the good of the metamindgamespam.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Answer: Clearly you beat everyone in the tournament you did not attend, because they had to forfeit the match. Also, players can lose matches when they have more damage than the other player.

Metamindgame spamming your opponent BEFORE the match by not showing up to the tournament means that you have dealt psychological damage to the opponent, which means you win.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I metamindgame spammed at the last tourny I went to. My partner in teams was "LumpyCPU" and I changed my tag to "LUMP".

Before picking our characters, we picked Doc/Pichu, and Mewtwo/Ganon for no reason. Then we went to our respective characters, Peach and Sheik. We totally metamindgame spammed the other team.
but we still lost

well, i guess we didn't MMGS well enough

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
ZOMGKANNAGI

Did you metamindgame spam them BEFORE the game? That usually helps.

Example vocal template:

you: I'm going to mindgame you.

them: What are you trying to accomplish by telling me that? Is that supposed to intimidate me or make me realize what a complete moron you are?

you: Yes.

Later on, in the middle of the match, spam lasers in the wrong direction, have your partner stand completely still and tell them to stop mindgaming you, and see what happens.

Do you have footage of the tournament with a camera recording so we can hear you guys talking? I'd LOVE to see that.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I want my babies too ;).

If someone uploads a video on Youtube or whatever of them Metamindgamespamming their opponents during a match, I'll have their babies as well.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Your opponent SDs off stage.
You: Pwnt! I just mindgamed you!
Opponent: hahaha, you're funny (or) no, not really (or) ...

At your second ledge guard opportunity.
You: I'm going to mind game you...
Opponent: ...
You: I'm going to mind game you!
Opponent: is approaching ledge
You: MIND GAMEZ!!! (does a random attack)
Opponent: (randomly airdodges and misses the ledge.)
You: Told you...

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Over the past day or two, a bunch of threads suddenly came up in the Tactical Discussion forum, most of them incredibly dumb and noobish. More importantly, it pushed this thread to the second page. THE SECOND PAGE.

I think it's a grand conspiracy against MetamindgameSpam.

I'm thinking that a niche collective of pros is responsible; they read the thread and kicked the dirt on top of it so no one else would be aware of this metagame-changing AAT until it's too late.

saberhof

Smash Master
what i do sometimes is.....

Me: Ohhhhh duuuuuude!!! :O...
Opponent: what man?
Me: xD hahah nothing...
Opponent: why are you laughing? :S..
Me: nothing, nothing just keep playing xD....
Opponent: >_>..ummm ok...
Me: OOOH my god!! HAHAHAH xD
Opponent: OK WTF!!?!?!? XO!!
Me: nothing man, jeez, i just like to laugh...

or....

Me: DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!
Opponent: wtf what?...
Me: watch watch watch....
Opponent: watch what?...
Me: waaaatch waaaaaaatcchh! :O
Opponent: WTF watch WHAT?! :O i DONT SEE ANYTHING!!
*gets killed*
Me: there....xD hahaha

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Calling out an attack and then do a different move!

me: "I R GRAB ATTACK"
you: "wtf?" *spotdodge*
me: "HAHA" *downsmash to gimp*

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
(against a DK mainer)
Me: hey I'm gonna go King Dedede
Them: *put down controller and sighs*
Me: *chooses Dedede, then turns the volume down and goes Falcon and FPs them every stock because they were to busy weeping and sobbing*
Them: WTF!!!
Me: *goes and shows results to the character rankings list*
Falcon: Show me ya moves!

Top Bottom