• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viparagon

Smash Ace
yeah... its wierd, but there best moves are jab+uair and dair+uair, not the most most imposrtant moves, and it doesn't mean anything if they can't approach for ****

added up+b, I expected to have a lot of suprises

brinboy789

Smash Champion
wtf D3 bthrow better then ness?!?!? yea its most damaging but ness is most knockback, kills at ridiculous percents for a throw >_> and why is MK and tink in bthrow list anyway? MK is just damaging (12%) and cannot combo whatsoever, and tink can do like 2 bthrow chain from 0% and thats it >_>

viparagon

Smash Ace
wtf D3 bthrow better then ness?!?!? yea its most damaging but ness is most knockback, kills at ridiculous percents for a throw >_> and why is MK and tink in bthrow list anyway? MK is just damaging (12%) and cannot combo whatsoever, and tink can do like 2 bthrow chain from 0% and thats it >_>
I think d3s is better just because of the 16. damage. mks does twelve and kills at like 150 from the middle of FD

viparagon

Smash Ace
maybe better than marths, but peachs is just like it cept you dont have to sweet-spot it.

ill change it though

what move should I do next?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
maybe better than marths, but peachs is just like it cept you dont have to sweet-spot it.

ill change it though

what move should I do next?
Neutral B. Also, Down B will be very tricky with things like transformations and such.

viparagon

Smash Ace
I know I should, but i've been post poning it since its going to be so hard...:p

oh well.
look back in ten minutes for neutral b

do u think I should do a sort of "tier list" were I assign numeric values to each of the moves and add them up for each character?

viparagon

Smash Ace
Its not completely safe, Pika can be hit out of it.
woops, did I say completely?

sorry bout that! for clarification, it is NOT just VERY HARD, especially since pika ussually has two options for the first movement.

added nuetral b's per request!

This list fails. No need to even try and point out why.
I know! this had no thought and doesn't make since at all! plus its really ugly and has lots of spllign msitekas

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Remove Pit. His Fsmash is not that good. It lacks range that others have and can be DI'ed out of.
I recommend Diddy since he has methods of landing the Fsmash much more easily than Pit.

Sonic should be in for the top 1 dash attacks. Its as difficult to punish as SNake and Diddy's dash attack. Travels very far, very quickly.

Remove ZSS from top tne Dsmash.
Diddy has a better one as does Luigi.

ZSS Dsmash is unique and useful, but isn't as versatile as the others nor as quick.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
For neutral B remove DK and DDD; DK's punch is good and a great kill move but it's not that fast and there are plenty of better standard B moves, and I have no idea why DDD would even be up there. Anyway, Fox, Mario, and Wolf all have good standard B moves that should be considered for that list.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Remove Pit. His Fsmash is not that good. It lacks range that others have and can be DI'ed out of.
I recommend Diddy since he has methods of landing the Fsmash much more easily than Pit.

Sonic should be in for the top 1 dash attacks. Its as difficult to punish as SNake and Diddy's dash attack. Travels very far, very quickly.

Remove ZSS from top tne Dsmash.
Diddy has a better one as does Luigi.

ZSS Dsmash is unique and useful, but isn't as versatile as the others nor as quick.
marios is better than luigis, but versatility is the name of the game for ZSS's down smash. zss dsmash is a combo machine, and you can usually get over 2 off on most characters like 5 on link, and 15 on fox, PLUS follow it up with something. u can lead into it from UPB, and do things such as dsmash>uptilt, UB+B, dsmash.

pits fsmash CANNOT be DId out of unless it hits at the very tip it is extremely good for reasons I don't want to repeat for the gazillionth time. Oh, and its also the fastest in the game FYO. FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, WHO'S IS BETTER?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
marios is better than luigis, but versatility is the name of the game for ZSS's down smash. zss dsmash is a combo machine, and you can usually get over 2 off on most characters like 5 on link, and 15 on fox, PLUS follow it up with something. u can lead into it from UPB, and do things such as dsmash>uptilt, UB+B, dsmash.
mmk

pits fsmash CANNOT be DId out of unless it hits at the very tip it is extremely good for reasons I don't want to repeat for the gazillionth time. FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, WHO'S IS BETTER?
Diddy's. Easily. Bananas allow him to trip the opponents and gaurantee the Fsmash.
Glide tossing only enhances that ability.

I don't see what statements you made about Pit and I am not searching through the entire topic for it either. Whata re the reasons?
Its fast yeah but thats it.
There are other smashes that have more range and power than it. I havemanaged to SDI out of it without being caught by the tip.

viparagon

Smash Ace
it kills at 150...DK kills earlier >_> and tlink still sucks
your right.

pay no heed to the bthrow list for now. I'll fix it up later.

the only thing that I'll put is
1.d3
2.ness

mmk

Diddy's. Easily. Bananas allow him to trip the opponents and gaurantee the Fsmash.
Glide tossing only enhances that ability.

I don't see what statements you made about Pit and I am not searching through the entire topic for it either. Whata re the reasons?
Its fast yeah but thats it.
There are other smashes that have more range and power than it. I havemanaged to SDI out of it without being caught by the tip.
thats diddy's downb that guarentees a hit. diddys fsmash is actually pretty mediocre, check the boards (they say dsmash is better) if diddy had pits fsmash, he'd be better. BTW, I'm still waiting for the better smash...

viparagon

Smash Ace
does 20% has great knockback and is fast.

not #1 IMO, but still up there in the ranks
Fastest+lingering hitbox +good range+nice hitbox equals win

shadow, you still haven't answered my question about whos is better.

noone has, even though like 100 people have challenged it

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
does 20% has great knockback and is fast.

not #1 IMO, but still up there in the ranks
Dk's Fsmash has greater range and does more damage.
Diddy's Fsmash can be glidetossed into with Bananas and is much easier to land.

They ahve methods of setting it up and don't get zoned like Pit does.

Pit has a very fast Fsmash but thats it really.
Like ROB it suffers from range issues and considering that most ofPit's moves are low in range, it can be difficult to land the Fsmash.
There are characters that havean easier time landing their Fsmashes simply due to range.

Fast is good but the range is too poor to really make it #1.

The better Fsmash would be anyone on that list.

Gindler

Smash Champion
your right.

pay no heed to the bthrow list for now. I'll fix it up later.

the only thing that I'll put is
1.d3
2.ness

thats diddy's downb that guarentees a hit. diddys fsmash is actually pretty mediocre, check the boards (they say dsmash is better) if diddy had pits fsmash, he'd be better. BTW, I'm still waiting for the better smash...
Kirby's is a better Fsmash IMO

viparagon

Smash Ace
Dk's Fsmash has greater range and does more damage.
Sonic's Fsmash is greater range and is disjointed and kills at around 120% with proper DI.
Diddy's Fsmash can be glidetossed into with Bananas and is much easier to land.

Pit has a very fast Fsmash but thats it really.
Like ROB it suffers from range issues and considering that most ofPit's moves are low in range, it can be difficult to land the Fsmash.
There are characters that havean easier time landing their Fsmashes simply due to range.

Fast is good but the range is too poor to really make it #1
RANGE PROBLEMS?
lol he has two swords, and it does have greater range than sonics. it kills faster than sonics, its faster than sonics in every sense, And has great sheild stun and push back to boot. As i already said, if diddy had pits fsmash instead of his (without nannerz, which is a seperate attack I'll get too later) he'd be better. you have about as good a shot diing out of diddy's as pits. And dks is way too slow to even be considered sorry, its like saying ikes fsmash is the best!

Kirby's is a better Fsmash IMO
except for how punichable it is on shield, yeah, it probably is about as good.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Yes, why isn't it up there, it's at least better than Peach's.
yeah, i'll put it up, but its not going to be more than 8, since you can di the second hit, it has high ending lag, and is quite situational as apposed to the rest on the list. sorry peach...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
RANGE PROBLEMS?
It does not go beyond his jab range dude.
lol he has two swords,
Unimportant. you mean it multihits.
and it does have greater range than sonics.
Dude you're not kidding anyone.
Sonic has an Fsmash that has more range than Pit does without being stutterstepped.
Go check yourself.
Oh and Sonic's Fsmash is disjointed to an extent.

it kills faster than Sonics,
What percentage does it kill fromt he middle of FD with proper DI?
its faster than sonics in every sense,
Faster yes.
Don't know what you mean by everysense.
And has great sheild stun and push back to boot.
Everyone's Fsmash pushes the opponent back and the shieldstun is not that great.
it has low cooldown time but so does Lucario's and Lucario's has much more range.

As i already said, if diddy had pits fsmash instead of his (without nannerz, which is a seperate attack I'll get too later) he'd be better. you have about as good a shot diing out of diddy's as pits. And dks is way too slow to even be considered sorry, its like saying ikes fsmash is the best!
Wario's is 1 frame slower than Pit's. Has as good range AND super armor.
and it can't be DI'ed out of.
The versatility of the move must be taken into account.
Simply going on the Fsmash alone is meaningless. If we are going by whats best then Pit's simply isn't the best. It lacks the range many other Fsmashes. All it has is speed and is just 1 frame slower and the first hit doesn't do as much damage as the second and it can be DI'ed from.

If pit is top ten, he should be lower.
its not a bad Fsmash, but its not as good as you make it seem.

viparagon

Smash Ace
It does not go beyond his jab range dude.
Unimportant. you mean it multihits.

Dude you're not kidding anyone.
Sonic has an Fsmash that has more range than Pit does without being stutterstepped.
Go check yourself.
Oh and Sonic's Fsmash is disjointed to an extent.

What percentage does it kill fromt he middle of FD with proper DI?

Faster yes.
Don't know what you mean by everysense.

Everyone's Fsmash pushes the opponent back and the shieldstun is not that great.
it has low cooldown time but so does Lucario's and Lucario's has much more range.

Wario's is 1 frame slower than Pit's. Has as good range AND super armor.
and it can't be DI'ed out of.
The versatility of the move must be taken into account.
Simply going on the Fsmash alone is meaningless. If we are going by whats best then Pit's simply isn't the best. It lacks the range many other Fsmashes. All it has is speed and is just 1 frame slower and the first hit doesn't do as much damage as the second and it can be DI'ed from.

If pit is top ten, he should be lower.
its not a bad Fsmash, but its not as good as you make it seem.
warios lag is extreme, that is why it is second.
it is disjointed, thanks to the sword.

warios doesn't have range either, but that doesn't make it bad.

so who exactly are u arguing has a better fsmash?

your naming smashes that have some better qualities than pits, but if you look at all the attributes, pit is the clear winner. LIKE you said, versatility. and the first hit doesnt move the opponent at all.

by every sense, I mean start up and cool down. and the shield stun is amazing.

and PLZ. sonics doesn't kill from center of fd with dI, we both know thats bull****.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
ummmmm what. isnt it just a punch?
Yeah its a punch. That is disjointed around the fist.

Sort of like Sonic's Utilt which is also disjointed.

warios lag is extreme, that is why it is second.
it is disjointed, thanks to the sword.
I don't understand you. You're saying he has two swords so I innterpreted it as meaning he has two hits to the attack.
I know its disjointed.
But it lacks range and is weaker in comparison to other Fsmashes.
warios doesn't have range either, but that doesn't make it bad.
Cause its just as fast and has super armor and can be led into more easily.
so who exactly are u arguing has a better fsmash?
Anyone else in the top 3.
Pit's is fast but lacks the range and versatility that those do.
your naming smashes that have some better qualities than pits, but if you look at all the attributes, pit is the clear winner. LIKE you said, versatility. and the first hit doesnt move the opponent at all.
The first hit of the Fsmash pops the enemy slightly away and up.
Again those other Fsmashes have more attributes that are better than pit's.
All Pit has on Marth's is speed.
All Pit has on DK is speed.

by every sense, I mean start up and cool down. and the shield stun is amazing.
Again shield stun isn't much.
as for startup and cooldown thats what I mean.
Pit only has speed on those that I mentioned.
and PLZ. sonics doesn't kill from center of fd with dI, we both know thats bull****.
You must be joking.
Seriously go test it. I am probably off by a few percents but it does rival pit's in terms of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom