• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
o.k., I'm getting sick of this kind of talk. Let's think logically for a second here. I'm going to pinpoint every bad spot of this tech, right now.
Be my guest. Let's see how much is new.

First of all, it's actually hard to do. No noob at a tourney will win because of this because he probably won't have the reflexes.
Inconsequential. Also, old.

You need to be good to use it, and even better not to use it wrong.
How horrible! Also, old.

2. Even if you can do it, there's no possible way to keep it going forever, possibly not even very long, without customizing your controller someway, and I'm pretty sure that's banned, right?
No and no. Also, old.

3. This tech is only really good stage situational.
No. Also, old.

Final is the only great stage for this tech.
No. Also, false (then again, most of what you've said in these two posts are lies, exaggerations and/or misinformed opinions/observations).

Any stage with a platform you can hop on and punish when they're arm lets out
Actually, no. Also, false.

4. It's hard to be accurate with it.
No. Also, old.

Sure, you can't see him, but neither can he, so he sometimes has to approximate where he's gonna pop.
No. Also, BS.

A good mk won't kill himself off the edge, but if he pops to close or the pop attack misses, he's punished by a smash.
Debated. Also, old.

5. There's no way he can edge hog with this in a match, it's too risky and easy to over shoot with the extended teleport.
"It's too risky" =/= "There's no way he can do it"? Also, old.

I'll admit, this is a good tech. It makes his down-b better to use, and can help him indefinately, but let's face it people, it's no ice climber's chain throw. It won't upset the match.
No.

Yeah, other than having a prosthetic arm. This tech causes so much stress on your arm it isn't funny.
Not really. Also, old.

No one could keep this going for a minute, not even straight, without some special controller (BANNED).
No. Also, repeated.

Then you can punish them. Also, no pre-existing condition. Some what true. To use it, not so much. To use it with the pop attack, yeah there is. It requires you to be on the same ground as them. So any place other than Final D is safe from the pop attack. If your worried about them stalling the match for time out, don't worry, their arm will let out and you can punish with a smash then, it won't take too long. And if you gonna say something to the extent that Final D is an instant win for meta-knight, then the same goes for D3 and Delfino for counter picks.
Misguided opinion (sorry, Patsie).

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
What's the current status of the move's legality? Is it still being discussed in the BR?

Also, the move cannot be used as a recovery, right?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
What's the current status of the move's legality? Is it still being discussed in the BR?

Today FAST 1 begins at 11. I think this will determine the legality of this tech in a tournament.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

You cannot do it in the air. Also, as he travels at a very fast speed while performing it, it would be insane.

Can this AT be banned DURING the tourny today?
No, good tournaments don't ban things half-way through the tournament. You have to ban it before the tournament.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, Yuna, do you think the AT will be banned before the tourny today?
Probably not as it would be premature. Then again, I'm not a TO at FAST. It'll most probably be banned for stalling, but the threshhold which will constitute stalling will be too hard to define and police so it might be banned altogether because of this (not because it's "too good", as we need more testing on that).

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
So stalling can be called on an move. Like if someone found a similar AT for PT that let the pokemon stay in the pokeball longer when changed, they could be disqualified for stalling. They won't ban the AT, just the stalling, right?

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
This isn't working at all.... I've been trying it for a while now, but I haven't gotten it to work once. I use default controls... So I use down-B, let go of B and keep holding down, and then start tapping up on the C-stick over and over again as fast as I can? Not working at all.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So stalling can be called on an move. Like if someone found a similar AT for PT that let the pokemon stay in the pokeball longer when changed, they could be disqualified for stalling. They won't ban the AT, just the stalling, right?
I'm sorry, what would the use of that AT be besides for stalling, to unnecessarily run the time limit out? Also, it'd be banned for the same reasons as this. Too hard and arbitrary to enforce.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
O.K. Now that I've actually read the forum (45 pages really but **** i only had 3 spare hours) and now that i'm done being a moron, i'll try to walk the fence. But before I talk about the AT, a few points I will say.

1. Yuna, no offense to you in any way possible, but, HOLY **** YOU HAVE NO LIFE!!! I have seen you every 2 if not 3 pages apart on this forum. Seriously, I think you need sleep sometime.

2. Godot, you're the only thing that has kept me partially sane due to the wall of text. Thank you.

O.k. now on to tech and both sides of the argument

First reasons why it should not be banned.

It's one of his only ways or only way around snake, his only obstacle. He can win his battles finally with his worst matchup

The stalling will not be used. It's stupid because it's too notice-able at a point when you're just avoiding the enemy the whole match after a hit or stock. If it is used, the person is DQ'd thanks to SRK

Wow, that was short, now for the reasons for it to be banned

This AT can be used...on EVERYBODY. There's no avoiding it, and can't be defeated by any way known of yet. 80-20 match ups for all against MK.

It gets passed everything. Spam, mindgames, knee, and can get back in if you screw up.

If the opponent plays defensively and sticks to platforms, he can get out with an attack and up you.

He already is second top, this will put him in an Akuma state if it's tournament legal in any way.

As much as I like this move, 70-30 in banning favor for this move.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
You cannot do it in the air. Also, as he travels at a very fast speed while performing it, it would be insane.

No, good tournaments don't ban things half-way through the tournament. You have to ban it before the tournament.
didnt CH3 ban luigi's mansion right after plank stalled out on that stage?

It's one of his only ways or only way around snake, his only obstacle. He can win his battles finally with his worst matchup
thats the worst argument i've ever heard. You want the best character in the game to have no bad matchups? Thats like wanting sentinel in MVC2 to be un-infinite-able because thats his only obstacle to be truly the best. >_>

AWESOME IDEA!!!!!1!!!111!!!

as for the BR discussion.

I've personally moved for an immediate ban on the move itself, with some further discussion on the character itself. Some back there would be perfectly happy with trying out characters that can choose when to be hit in tournament, to which I would respond you have to be a moron.

Lets all just fly around and be invincible plz.

Corigames

Smash Hero
This AT can be used...on EVERYBODY. There's no avoiding it, and can't be defeated by any way known of yet. 80-20 match ups for all against MK.
Has anyone tried to get around it? Or is everyone too busy masturbating to the AT that they don't want to even go for it?

It gets passed everything. Spam, mindgames, knee, and can get back in if you screw up.
It gets passed mindgames? How? How does it do that? You mindgame them out and punish them? It's not un-mindgame able! That's just dumb.

If the opponent plays defensively and sticks to platforms, he can get out with an attack and up you.
So you can avoid it, but it just makes you have to not get hit from below when he breaks out. Doesn't this contradict your "There's no avoiding it," comment?

He already is second top, this will put him in an Akuma state if it's tournament legal in any way.
Yes, this will be the one thing that does it even though there hasn't been really anything done with it so far except stalling. This will be the thing to off set everything else.

As much as I like this move, 70-30 in banning favor for this move.
Toot-Toot, let's get this gravy train rollin'. All aboard the fad train!

Seriously. Your opponent can still move around, it isn't a guaranteed hit, you can't do damage until you turn visible again, he is stuck to platforms this way, you can tell where he is by the camera, the move isn't a big KOer, etc. It definitely is not SUPER OMG CANNOT STOP THE ROCK BOOM HEADSHOT LULZ *** STFU WTF JESUS CHRIST broken. It's **** good, but not that bad.

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
Great, now MK can evade all Final Smashes + his approach cannot be stopped + he can stall the game + one could spam this AT and be almost unpunishable

Ulevo

Smash Master
Two misconceptions I see in this thread too often:

1) "It's hard to do."

No it's not. Really. It's not. I don't even know how people say their arms are tired after doing this. I can't do it for an extensive period of time, but I can do it long enough for it to be of use to me, and I can do it reliably, just like shielding, hugging, and anything else I need to do.

If I have ease with this tech, there are bound to be a plethora of other players out there perfectly capable of using this technique for extended periods or on whim just like myself.

2) "You can't use this in the air."

Somewhat false. You can't keep it going in the air is the proper statement. But to those of you stating it must be started on the ground, you're wrong. All that requires of you to do this technique is for you to be touching the ground to keep it going. Where you start it is irrelevant. You can use this from a short hop and drag it to the ground and keep it going.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Let this tech on, in a short period of time, he will be banned, some MK will win a tourney with this and several players will hate the dimensional cape....

Currently this tech is inoffensive.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not like MK dominates the tournament results anyways, lmfao.

Banning MK would make the game 10x more balanced, then we give Snake a soft ban and voila.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
@ adumbrodeus & Yuna

Thank you for replying when I had not the patience to repeat myself again.

@ Demon-oni

Yuna does have a life, and thank you for reading, because I would've been very frustrated to have to repeat myself again.

Currently this tech is inoffensive.
Just . . . wrong.

And to everyone else regarding Fast1, I recall the TO of Fast1 coming into this thread and specifically saying that this tech is allowed. If you've been practicing and can manage to get there, go win yourself a lot of money.

Not like MK dominates the tournament results anyways, lmfao.

Banning MK would make the game 10x more balanced, then we give Snake a soft ban and voila.
As much as I don't want to see Meta banned, I don't use him in tourneys and can agree that this would greatly improve everyone's chance of success.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Do you have to be specifically touching ground to do this or would it be possible to climb up a wall?

Also, is metaknight completely invincible or can a grab (or semi-grab ex inhale) get him out of this?
You must be touching the ground. The cape animation is slightly extended upon coming in contact with the ground. When you hit up on the C-stick, you DI away from the ground, and holding down puts you back toward the ground again. This causes a bouncing effect that repeatedly replenishes your dimension cape time.

You are completely invisible and are not in any way affected by your opponent.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
um.. i'm fairly new to this thread. I'm not sure if this has been said already, but how do you move with this technique if you have to constantly hold down the control stick and jam up on the C stick?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Has anyone tried to get around it? Or is everyone too busy masturbating to the AT that they don't want to even go for it?
People have tried to get around mine... failed pretty pathetically as well.

It gets passed mindgames? How? How does it do that? You mindgame them out and punish them? It's not un-mindgame able! That's just dumb.
The resulting mindgame requires you to precisely predict the one time out of MK's opportunities that he'll use it. Those opportunities are at least 2 a second. If you do it too early, you'll get punished in after lag, too late and you'll not be shielding/invincible when he attacks. With only 15 seconds, you have a 1 out of 30 chance... you'd have to be an insanely good yomi to do it pretty much ever, let alone reliably.

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, the hitboxes appear before any indicators that you're attacking.

So you can avoid it, but it just makes you have to not get hit from below when he breaks out. Doesn't this contradict your "There's no avoiding it," comment?
Again, unless you have a ledge that's equal in height to BF's top ledge, it's completely impractical to assume that you can avoid it. The odds are too long.

Yes, this will be the one thing that does it even though there hasn't been really anything done with it so far except stalling. This will be the thing to off set everything else.
You haven't faced my MK...

Seriously. Your opponent can still move around, it isn't a guaranteed hit, you can't do damage until you turn visible again, he is stuck to platforms this way, you can tell where he is by the camera, the move isn't a big KOer, etc. It definitely is not SUPER OMG CANNOT STOP THE ROCK BOOM HEADSHOT LULZ *** STFU WTF JESUS CHRIST broken. It's **** good, but not that bad.
People will learn to hit with it, it's really not too hard to judge with it. If I can, so can others.

He doesn't deal damage till he's visable... true but the fact that he doesn't turn visible before he does damage is more important. There's no indicators, THAT'S the issue.

And he can attack areas off the platform with this, you can hit up to slightly below the top platform in Battlefield, that's a massive sphere of control.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
didnt CH3 ban luigi's mansion right after plank stalled out on that stage?
What's CH3 and is it a good tournament (with good TOs)? Also, judging from what thumbswayup said, it doesn't sound like they banned it mid-tourney. It's perfectly fine to ban it before the tournament, as long as it's before the tournament has started.

Let's have hot homosexual sex right now.

B0NK

Smash Lord

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nope, they waited til the tourney was over...and he might even unban it. it didnt have much to do with luigis since i run the time out on people often on neutrals :D

Debonu

Smash Cadet
hey when using this wouldnt metaknight be bound to a single platform so couldnt you just theoretically use multi platform stages like battlefield or smashvill to get around it. just try to avoid battlefield against metaknight and you should be fine

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i will just ban it entirely in tournaments i'm running, and i'm a metaknight main so...

its too hard to set limitations on it, just dont do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom