• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staco

Smash Champion
MK beats Falco.
Pika goes even with MK.
DK doesnt get ***** by MK. Espeacally at CPs he is pretty good.

vs. Snake:
Utilt rips right through tornado.
Tornado towards them. Wait for the UTilt. Punish.
Human reaction times arent fast enough.
But yeah, there is shield to dash attack. ;)

Why Pika goes even with MK?
MK has to play very deffensive. Pika can easily camp back.
I think in close range Pika beats MK.

Why MK beats Falco?
If Falco is offstage and used his jump allready (so that he has to Side B), he is death.
Got a nice little trick for this situation to always gimp Falco.
Maybe also works vs. Wolf and Fox.

The difference between Snakes and MKs FTilt is that Snake got double damage, but lives to double % of MK. xD
Thats why its not very clever to have a tilt battle with Snake. You wont win.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pikachu cant outcamp MK. Pikachus projectile sucks, and MK can camp on platforms (not that he even has to, but for example).

And Staco if the snake player is smart he will mix it up. Sometimes he will utilt your tornado, sometimes he will punish it with Utilt depending on what you've done previously. If you wait and he doesn't Utilt it, then you'll get punished if you don't guess properly from their to move away or move toward him. Same thing, comes down to human reaction.

Snake does the best against MK because he has a practical answer for virtually all of MKs mixups.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Pikachu vs. MK is not even. I'm gonna rewrite my matchup list with numbers because it's easier to view that way.

Max Ketchum

S Tier

Snake- 50:50
Wario- 60:40
Falco- 50:50 or 52:48
Diddy Kong- 50:50
King Dedede- 65:35

A Tier

Marth- 60:40 or 55:45
Mr. Game & Watch- 70:30
Pikachu- 60:40
Olimar- 60:40 or 57:43
Ice Climbers- 50:50
R.O.B.- 65:35 or 60:40
Kirby- 75:25

B Tier

Lucario- 60:40 or 55:45
Zero Suit Samus- 65:35
Toon Link- 65:35
Pit- 65:35
Donkey Kong- 80:20 or 75:25

C Tier

Peach- 70:30
Luigi- 65:35
Fox- 65:35
Wolf- 60:40
Sonic- 60:40
Sheik- 65:35

D Tier

Bowser- 70:30
Zelda- 85:15
Squirtle- 60:40, Ivysaur- 90:10, Charizard- 62:38
Ike- 85:15

E Tier

Lucas- 70:30
Mario- 65:35
Ness- 60:40
Yoshi- 60:40 or 55:45
Samus- 60:40 (Neutrals/Halberd), 55:45 (FD/Stadium 1), 65:35 or worse (Rainbow Cruise/Brinstar)

F Tier

Jigglypuff- 75:25
Captain Falcon- 85:15
Link- 90:10
Ganondorf- 0/100 Ganon's favor

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
mk snake definetly arent even, and he is NOT that good against wario lol..

also LOL at the dk matchup, its not THAT bad. not bad at all dk can kill, mk cant live, dk could

Anther

Smash Champion
MK outcamps Pikachu. And after that Pikachu doens't have any reliable way to kill. Watch the M2K vs. Anther match 5, and the newer friendlies they've had. Pika doens't have any options once you figure him out, he's like a less gay version of falco.
lol, then how come it's ok that you get to base it off of one game and friendlies where we're obviously messing around. =P

MK outcamps pika in a way where neither can advance the match if that's how he so wants to play it. I mostly fell apart in patience and happiness that last match =p.. and how m2k felt about the game too. M2k plays smart a lot more consistently than I'm capable of in friendlies, and in general.

OverLade

Smash Hero
mk snake definetly arent even, and he is NOT that good against wario lol..

also LOL at the dk matchup, its not THAT bad. not bad at all dk can kill, mk cant live, dk could
DK can't kill a MK that doesnt approach. Nado ***** DK.

MK vs. Snake is definetly close to even. MK vs. Wario might be 55-45, I think 60-40 sounds a little too easy. I think D3 is also 60-40. On paper it should be worse than that, like the marth match up, but it's never that easy.

edit:
@nther: Fair enough. But I'm not basing my statistics purely off of those matches, I'm just using them as support. I used to 2nd pikachu and know his options well enough. I feel like even if Pika can force MK to approach MK still has a slight if not larger edge.

Staco

Smash Champion
I think Wario and D3 are better vs. MK on paper than they are ingame, unlike Marth.

Also, this is off-topic, but

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252055

THERE IS NO REASON ANYONE SHOULD NOT MAKE IT TO THIS TOURNAMENT.

Living in Europe is a pretty legit reason. D:

I think that Wario goes even with MK.
But there are not that much good Warios.

Why should MK beat Wario? Wario got a legit answer to all of MKs moves.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK beats Wario. I can get the best Warios in a huddle, and not a single one of them will look you in the eye and say that Wario goes even with MK. Not Fiction, Not me, Not Reflex/PX/Hungr/Quik/Malcolm/anyone who mains him and does fairly well. PX and maybe 1-2 others might think it's 55:45, but the point is that MK has some tangible advantage over Wario.

60:40 sounds fairly accurate, some of us think 65:35 absolute best for MK (on one of his better stages) isn't unreasonable.

Jupz

Smash Master
How does MK do that well against D3? I would have thought the opposite - he does better in game then on paper. Its kinda like you look at our matchups on paper, they don't look too good, then when you actually play Bair and Grab just ***** everything :p

I would say 60:40 MK's favour. In the air horizontally Dedede wins, his Bair trades hits with MK's fair and MK takes more damage, and Ftilt (and Dtilt?) means he dosen't get ***** on the ground. Plus if MK misspaces an attack its a grab -> Bthrow for 17%. Dedede has fairly solid ways of dealing with tornado and shuttle loop.

However he gets ***** very badly off the stage and above MK.

Also I'm interested in why you think Lucario is so close. When you get in close theres not that much he can do (I think :p). I also don't think the Bowser matchup is THAT bad. Maybe 60:40.

Anyway, I'm interested in your response Doom :)

Nic64

Smash Lord
DK doesnt get ***** by MK. Espeacally at CPs he is pretty good.
DK is awful against MK, he can't do anything good against MK on inherent character strengths, he relies on you screwing up or reading you like a book. 80:20 is a bit much though, more like 65:35 or 7:3. 60:40 at the lowest IMO.

The difference between Snakes and MKs FTilt is that Snake got double damage, but lives to double % of MK. xD
Thats why its not very clever to have a tilt battle with Snake. You wont win.
MK's ftilt is faster, has transcendent priority, has more range, and is safer.

Don't look at it as "well if MK does ____ Snake can counter with _____" as if MK had to just relentlessly run into Snake's defenses, stay out of his immediate range but don't camp/run away, you're playing rock paper scissors with someone that's forced to show their hand before you. Not saying he gets ***** I just think it's hard to argue that it's even and I find the idea of it being in Snake's favor insane. MK has at least a slight advantage in neutral and he option selects Snake like crazy any time his feet leave the ground.

I think Wario and D3 are better vs. MK on paper than they are ingame, unlike Marth.
I don't see how DDD is that great against MK even on paper aside from the typical "this character outpowers us and lives a long time, EVEN".

Marth is every bit as bad against MK in reality as he is on paper.

Also I'm interested in why you think Lucario is so close. When you get in close theres not that much he can do (I think ).
Lucario is capable of having closeish matchups with characters that **** him because he gets rewarded for doing badly. I don't think it's even but it makes it a lot closer than it should be.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No at Marth/Luigi's fair, but the difference between Snake's ftilt and MK's ftilt really is so god **** minimal that in actual gameplay, it does not make a difference. The range difference is not noticeable enough that MK can sit at max ftilt range and poke away at Snake's shield without getting punished. Snake CAN ftilt him. In a real match, even at the highest level, things are not slowed down to frame perfection. No matter how well you space, something THAT slight will not be the deciding factor in 9/10 situations.

Also, dtilt DOES NOT beat Snake's ftilt.
Then space better.

It's sufficient that granted, it's difficult, but still works. Us marths have to work with small margins all the time.

The REAL issue is frame 1 grenades...

As for dtilt, check the frame data, even if you start dtilt 7 frames after he starts the ftilt1, you'll be able to shield before ftilt 2 comes out. Dtilt's IASA frames are just that good. And then you can punish.

Ftilt 1 moves his foot's hurtbox back, that's why a perfectly spaced dtilt will wiff against ftilt That said, it's irrelevant, because the IASA frames kick in fast enough that you can shield and punish ftilt 2 event if you whiff dtilt, and ftilt 1 is considerably shorter ranged then dtilt.

Also, this is off-topic, but

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252055
All of the above are just as bad against MK on paper as they are IRL. It's just some players make it APPEAR different.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Affinity, do you remember that Bowser player that you played against when you came to Brazil? He's really amazin and I think you can get some results analyzing those matches.

Now, my persoal opinion... well, MK is great toff-stage, he can gimp and edge guard well Bowser's Up B. In the air MK also wins, jugging Bowser is amazing, he's big an MK will not have problems wen trying to get some Uairs.

Bowser can avoid the Tornado with Ftilt, but if you use it close to him, I think he'll not have time to get a Ftilt. Bowser can kill MK well with his Side B, especially on Battlefield at the center plattform. So, BF may be a good stage for Bowser. He just needs to avoid being above the plattforms. MK doesn't really need a stage option...

All in all, play at close range, with pressure and trying to take Bowser off-stage.

75:35 for MK IMO

This. :[

Max Ketchum

DK is awful against MK, he can't do anything good against MK on inherent character strengths, he relies on you screwing up or reading you like a book. 80:20 is a bit much though, more like 65:35 or 7:3. 60:40 at the lowest IMO.
It's pretty bad. Try tilting at DK's shield and watching his options disappear. Try getting under him and spamming uair, then tornadoing as you get nearer to the ground. Offstage is easy too. 80:20 is fair, imo.

MK's ftilt is faster, has transcendent priority, has more range, and is safer.
It's faster by one frame and hardly longer. The difference is negligible. Also consider Snake's ability to limit where his opponent can be. How often is MK going to be at full spacing for ftilt?

Don't look at it as "well if MK does ____ Snake can counter with _____" as if MK had to just relentlessly run into Snake's defenses, stay out of his immediate range but don't camp/run away, you're playing rock paper scissors with someone that's forced to show their hand before you. Not saying he gets ***** I just think it's hard to argue that it's even and I find the idea of it being in Snake's favor insane. MK has at least a slight advantage in neutral and he option selects Snake like crazy any time his feet leave the ground.
Obviously prediction is going to play a large role in the actual match, but for actual matchup discussion, viable answers to things that the character can do are completely fair game. He doesn't have to relentlessly run into Snake, but the point still stands that Meta Knight has to move toward Snake to win. It's not even like MK can just get a stock lead and run away, because grenades kill. MK WILL RARELY ACTUALLY BE IN THE PERFECT ZONE HE'D LIKE TO BE IN.

How is Snake forced to act first? Oh right, he isn't. MK's ftilt being one frame faster does not mean Snake must show his hand first (especially because shielding is faster than both ftilts anyway, but within normal human capabilities the difference of one frame is absolutely negligible). Up close it's not bad for Snake at all, and Snake hugely wins the damage tradeoff anyway. It's not like his options are limited to "ftilt or get hit".

I don't see how DDD is that great against MK even on paper aside from the typical "this character outpowers us and lives a long time, EVEN".
I didn't say that he was, but that would be the reason why DDD is better on paper in that particular matchup.

Marth is every bit as bad against MK in reality as he is on paper.
Really? Do you have experience vs. top Marths that backs this up? Tournament results indicate otherwise.

Lucario is capable of having closeish matchups with characters that **** him because he gets rewarded for doing badly. I don't think it's even but it makes it a lot closer than it should be.
55:45 is not even. 60:40 is not even.

Lucario is underrated due to lack of representation, I suppose. He's very capable vs. MK.

mindless theorycraft
Please stop telling me to space better and actually play this game in a tournament environment before you make posts like these. We don't play Super Theory Bros. for money. Mew2King does not perfectly outspace or interrupt Ally's ftilts nine out of ten times. It is not reasonable at all to use your near-frame-perfect methods of debating for matchup discussion. If it were, Olimar would be the best character in the game and the Ice Climbers would be D tier.

Human error and limit are important factors in any video game. You can't come into a matchup thread and bust out your pixel-perfect spacing and frame-perfect timing and expect it to determine a matchup.. There are obvious instances where frame data makes a difference, but frame 3 and XXXXX range vs. frame 4 and XXXX range are not matchup-determining factors.

If MK really did outbox Snake so badly, the matchup wouldn't even be close to even. That's one of Snake's strongest qualities, and removing that would make a matchup almost an auto-loss. I understand that you know your numbers, but higher level ingame experience is what matters most to matchup discussion.

Bowser can avoid the Tornado with Ftilt, but if you use it close to him, I think he'll not have time to get a Ftilt. Bowser can kill MK well with his Side B, especially on Battlefield at the center plattform. So, BF may be a good stage for Bowser. He just needs to avoid being above the plattforms. MK doesn't really need a stage option...

All in all, play at close range, with pressure and trying to take Bowser off-stage.

75:35 for MK IMO
Bowser can beat the tornado up close with up B out of shield.

And ****, 75:35? You know a matchup is tough when it adds up to 110.

Replies to other posts coming soon.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Please stop telling me to space better and actually play this game in a tournament environment before you make posts like these. We don't play Super Theory Bros. for money. Mew2King does not perfectly outspace or interrupt Ally's ftilts nine out of ten times. It is not reasonable at all to use your near-frame-perfect methods of debating for matchup discussion. If it were, Olimar would be the best character in the game and the Ice Climbers would be D tier.

Human error and limit are important factors in any video game. You can't come into a matchup thread and bust out your pixel-perfect spacing and frame-perfect timing and expect it to determine a matchup.. There are obvious instances where frame data makes a difference, but frame 3 and XXXXX range vs. frame 4 and XXXX range are not matchup-determining factors.

If MK really did outbox Snake so badly, the matchup wouldn't even be close to even. That's one of Snake's strongest qualities, and removing that would make a matchup almost an auto-loss. I understand that you know your numbers, but higher level ingame experience is what matters most to matchup discussion.

Thank you for totally misunderstanding.

The fact that it's a small difference doesn't make it irrelevant, every aspect of characters is relevant. The fact that it's a small difference means that the match-up is not unwinnable, it's close PRECISELY BECAUSE IT'S SMALL. But at the same time, from there we can see that MK has an advantage once he gets within that range.

Which is part of the reason why MK WINS THE MATCH-UP!

Olimar is not the best on paper, by far. ICs on paper are not D-tier (mainly because we learned what power shielding consistently does for them). Once you factor in human reaction time (8 frames at best, 10 for the average smasher, 12 at most), certain things become obvious.

As far as using empirical evidence, what we have at the top of the metagame is very minimal, and very poorly defined in terms of empirical data for the characters' match-ups. M2K is a person, with a particular preferred style of play, and his own particular advantages and defects. These factor into how he does in the match-ups.

However, you will note that he tends to do a great deal better when he camps and plays defensively, he just does so rarely.

Finally, two smaller points, firstly "theorycrafting" cannot be definition be mindless, because it's applying logic and working from a theoretical standpoint. Also, you realize you're theorycrafting too, right?

Max Ketchum

Obviously I have to be theorycrafting, but I'm not being ridiculously nitpicky over SUPER minimal details that have not proven themselves to be noticeable factors in actual gameplay.

Empirical evidence is still EVIDENCE, unlike the theories you suggest. Naturally it has some truth to it, but not even at the top of the metagame do things get so precise.

The Ice Climbers cannot both powershield and Olimar is amazing on paper, but that's not my concern right now.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Bowser can beat the tornado up close with up B out of shield.

And ****, 75:35? You know a matchup is tough when it adds up to 110.

Replies to other posts coming soon.
If you tornado at the top of his Shield Up B doesn't work, and he will simply get sucked out if you try it. Bowsers only ways to counter "legitly done" nado are shielding and Ftilt.

I think because of how long bowser can live this matchup can appear closer, but Bowser can't really even build up momentum against MK. I'd say 70:30ish.

@Adumbrodeous: Please stop posting....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Those match-up numbers are 90% accurate in my book. Only thing I disagree with: Mario should be 7/3 or even higher and Zamus is a tad closer...

Edit: This is @ Termina

:059:

Max Ketchum

Zero Suit vs. MK is really bad at the top of the matchup. So long as MK can consistently powershield the side B and down smash, Zero Suit gets *****. She has no landing tools, and everything she has can be beaten by ftilt (utilt and jab are fast enough, but lack a reasonable amount of range). Her only advantages are juggling MK well with uairs and getting early kills with bair/down B/side B, but all of her kills are very situational.

Edit: Who account switched?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Zero Suit vs. MK is really bad at the top of the matchup. So long as MK can consistently powershield the side B and down smash, Zero Suit gets *****. She has no landing tools, and everything she has can be beaten by ftilt (utilt and jab are fast enough, but lack a reasonable amount of range). Her only advantages are juggling MK well with uairs and getting early kills with bair/down B/side B, but all of her kills are very situational.

Edit: Who account switched?
Whoops, I read wrong.

I read

edit:
This is termina

Not "this is @ Termina" haha.

Max Ketchum

LOL, oh. Btw, I would never refer to myself as Termina...I'm Doom, lol. Nobody calls me that (except people who don't know me). :p

An easy way to remember is that "termina" means "doom" in Latin.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Staco, Pikachu does not go even with MK. I don't feel like getting deep into discussion about it right now, but you forgot to factor counterpicks into your analysis.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anther himself said Pika doesn't go even with MK. Now the matchup isn't TERRIBLE for Pika, but he's kinda in the same boat as Wario.

Also the IC double PS method is kinda gimmicky. You cannot do it consistently from many positions, it requires a lot of "preconditions". There are many ways to do it though:

You can desynch and at the end of it shield (both IC's will shield at the same time or roughly the same time, allowing a double PS.

You can occasionally Run in, PS with one IC, and while the attack is still stuck on the first shield, shield with the second IC and time it to where whenever the attack moves on it PS's with the next IC.

If you are really fast, you can pivot in place and shield at the right time and they will both PS at the same time.

Nic64

Smash Lord
It's faster by one frame and hardly longer. The difference is negligible. Also consider Snake's ability to limit where his opponent can be. How often is MK going to be at full spacing for ftilt?
The range difference is pretty noticeable to me, and Snake's ability to "limit where you can be" is pretty overrated, especially against a character like MK that flies and moves so fast. He can't keep MK out forever.

Obviously prediction is going to play a large role in the actual match, but for actual matchup discussion, viable answers to things that the character can do are completely fair game. He doesn't have to relentlessly run into Snake, but the point still stands that Meta Knight has to move toward Snake to win. It's not even like MK can just get a stock lead and run away, because grenades kill. MK WILL RARELY ACTUALLY BE IN THE PERFECT ZONE HE'D LIKE TO BE IN.
MK doesn't have to perpetually move forward, he only has to stay close enough to punish, not wreck his spacing. And why can't MK get a stock lead and camp? Is a projectile that takes 3.5 seconds to hit you really that hard to avoid? It won't kill you that early either, if you get a stock lead and you're at like 90%, it's going to take a lot of nade camping to KO you.

How is Snake forced to act first? Oh right, he isn't. MK's ftilt being one frame faster does not mean Snake must show his hand first
It's the range and priority more than the speed as well as MK's mobility, we've already been over that.

Really? Do you have experience vs. top Marths that backs this up? Tournament results indicate otherwise.
I play against NEO a ton, and no tournament results don't indicate otherwise, M2K beats MikeHaze while opting to play for fun instead of playing the matchup gay as it can be, he's lost to other characters that have been argued to be 45:55 vs MK(Lain, Fiction, Ally, Ninjalink/ADHD), I don't see where this "it goes differently in tournament" crap comes from when at the highest level MK doesn't have to play to win.

Snake still does ok because of his weight, power, tech chase, camping etc., but in a sheer physical attack spacing battle, he does get ***** and is very overrated in general in this, like half of S and A tier outspace him, I seriously don't think non Snake players even know what the range of ftilt1 actually is. It's all about the nades.

TKD

Smash Lord
MK vs. Wario might be 55-45, I think 60-40 sounds a little too easy.
60/40 isn't easy.

PS: MK's ftilt has a lot more range than Snake's. Snake can only hit MK with his Ftilt without trading hits if MK whiffs an ftilt first so his hand is sticking out.

OverLade

Smash Hero
60/40 isn't easy.

PS: MK's ftilt has a lot more range than Snake's. Snake can only hit MK with his Ftilt without trading hits if MK whiffs an ftilt first so his hand is sticking out.
Easy is a completely subjective term that's up to the person who uses it. I said a "lil too easy", therefore you can't really say I'm wrong. :)

The range difference is pretty noticeable to me, and Snake's ability to "limit where you can be" is pretty overrated, especially against a character like MK that flies and moves so fast. He can't keep MK out forever.
This is irrelevant.

Snake has to read MK to keep him out, but keep in mind the amount of damage Snake does per read is enough to make any smart MK player think twice about "just approach". Snake has the ability to create more close range pressure than MK, because while on the ground they're pretty close in speed and range, Snake does more damage.

MK doesn't have to perpetually move forward, he only has to stay close enough to punish, not wreck his spacing. And why can't MK get a stock lead and camp? Is a projectile that takes 3.5 seconds to hit you really that hard to avoid? It won't kill you that early either, if you get a stock lead and you're at like 90%, it's going to take a lot of nade camping to KO you.
If Snake actually cooks grenades, trying to camp him really isn't safe. It's unlikely most snakes are going to jump up and try to bair you very often (even if they do they'll probably only get Daired" so the amount of damage you gain as long as Snake is patient is minimal. MK takes 10+ damage from every grenade however. It's not in your favor to camp, and while it might work if there are only 2 minutes left it's not a realistic or smart option all the time.

Anyway you had some good points otherwise.

Max Ketchum

MK isn't going to be flying IN, that's for sure. That's ridiculously unsafe and stupid. MK's likely going to be approaching from the ground.

I still can't believe you're insinuating that MK will be perfectly spaced so that Snake can't ftilt him, yet he can ftilt Snake. Snake can still shield, or walk forward ever so slightly to meet MK and ftilt him from that range (lol at the 1 frame speed difference preventing this).

It'll take a lot, but it's still more practical than say, Falco laser camping you once he's down a stock.

How is MK punishing if Snake also opts not to take an action? Whoever moves first loses, and Snake is good at making MK have to move first.

It's the range and priority more than the speed as well as MK's mobility, we've already been over that.
And the range still isn't a big deal. Snake can walk forward or shield, you know. Plus, MK's mobility isn't THAT ridiculous without tornado/gliding. He walks semi-quickly and has a fast dash, but he's not as mobile as say, Pikachu or Wario.

I play against NEO a ton, and no tournament results don't indicate otherwise, M2K beats MikeHaze while opting to play for fun instead of playing the matchup gay as it can be, he's lost to other characters that have been argued to be 45:55 vs MK(Lain, Fiction, Ally, Ninjalink/ADHD), I don't see where this "it goes differently in tournament" crap comes from when at the highest level MK doesn't have to play to win.
Aren't you from Europe? That would clearly indicate that you're playing NEO on wi-fi.

Has anyone actually played this matchup gay as it can be? If not, then we can only wait for Spam vs. MikeHaze/NEO. M2K gets away with playing for fun because he's the better player by a noticeable margin. He's the highest level MK AND the highest level player.

Snake still does ok because of his weight, power, tech chase, camping etc., but in a sheer physical attack spacing battle, he does get ***** and is very overrated in general in this, like half of S and A tier outspace him, I seriously don't think non Snake players even know what the range of ftilt1 actually is. It's all about the nades.
He does not get ***** by MK in a boxing match whatsoever. He loses slightly in range and speed and demolishes MK in the damage trade if it comes down to that.

60/40 isn't easy.

Somebody mentioned baiting out a missed ftilt from Snake, what's preventing Snake from waiting and hitting MK after he whiffs?

Snake does not get ***** by MK up close at all. He doesn't destroy MK, but he has the tools to deal with whatever MK would be doing (lol, shield/ftilt/grab vs. MK's shield/ftilt/grab). He wins significantly in weight/damage, and it comes down to whoever moves first loses. That alone would make it even, and the statistics give Snake the advantage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Snake is only good at making people move first when he has the lead. When he does not have the lead, he's actually either average or slightly above average at trying to get it back through approaching.

Snake in the air with MK in a boxing match, now THAT is bad for Snake. On the ground, he does good enough.

On Paper, MK is supposed to beat Snake on the ground. Whether it be the faster/longer Ftilt, Upb being a frame faster than grab and having invincibility frames, being able to punish Snake's Ftilt almost guaranteed where as Snake doesn't have guaranteed punishment on MK's Ftilt, etc. In practice though, it's easier for Snake to try to do his stuff than it is for MK to do his stuff.

Max Ketchum

MK's up B hitbox comes out a frame slower than Snake's grab (9 vs. 8), but the invincibility is frame 5 anyway.

In the air it's bad. On the ground it's not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom