• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Match Up Thread: Diddy Kong

QUIVO

Smash Master
No.. you should be agreeing with me... your sig even says "timing *****es out, get on her level."

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm just stating my opinion. Since when were opinions trolling!?

If it makes you feel better., i can contribute something.

Bananas beat tornado.

Gnes

Smash Master
I'd say this match up is 60/40 diddy. Gnes always beats MK. I'll teach you guys his biggest secret.

Step one: Banana pull (twice)
Step two: Get behind a banana
Step three: With other banana in hand, shoot peanuts

On second thought, this may be 65/35 diddy =/
What the hell is this....diddy 09 lolol

I wish this still worked. Quivo i jump cancel throw...cuz im the shiz

demonzero14

Smash Rookie
Yes, but playing with Diddy is a great way to learn how to use his banana's against him. He isn't too tough without banana's and MK has a decent banana game of his own. Not to mention, with his speed he can often get to the banana's quickly and turn them against diddy. Well at least better than most other characters.

When I started to try out diddy, I was really surprised at how few players tried to use diddy's banana's against him.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^I think MK has one of the best banana games, if not potentially as good as Diddy's.

I mean look at all of the extra options he gets. His OoS options get even more ridiculous with the fact that he can up-B OoS you, or throw a banana you and then grab you, and then still maintain banana control. He covers a lot of space in his shield with that.

Or he can tornado you, without losing a banana and pressure the hell out of you with it. And he can kill you with shuttle loop.

He can bait you by throwing a banana at the ground near you, and then tornadoing you when you try and get it. He covers a ******** amount of options with a banana in front of him under his control. God forbid he gains control of two bananas

He has a large glide toss so he can cover ground really quickly, and have follow-ups, along with maintaining control after he gets those really good follow-ups.

His banana game is spectacular, imo.

swordgard

Smash Hero
What the hell is this....diddy 09 lolol

I wish this still worked. Quivo i jump cancel throw...cuz im the shiz
Yeah, once people learn how to control the stage and use bananas, the matchup gets rough.

Luckily MKs don't learn how to use nanas.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I really need to learn the Diddy match-up. D':

I plan on playing a ton with a Diddy main pal of mine, that's honestly the only way I can think of getting better in that MU. x_x

QUIVO

Smash Master
Play as the character and learn how to use bananas. See how people counter your strategies and such. bla bla lba

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Run, hit jump, then instantly hit A and a direction (or not, but then it just throws it straight).

It's the classic Toon Link answer to not having a glide toss and the MK answer to having an extremely-situational-to-use glide toss

QUIVO

Smash Master
DTL: In certain situations yea.. I don't think there is a clear best. At least with the glidetoss forward you can follow up.

Budget Player: The way I do it is I dash and then mash up then c-stick in a direction. I'm sure you can just use jump if you have tap jump off. With TL, we most dash the opposite direction and then throw the bomb back to create space.

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this info is new
but I recently discovered while playing my friends amazing diddy
that mk has a pretty good glide toss
with the banana i glided across the stage and instantly pressed a
this did a good 2-4% on diddy
and the best part is that its the last few jabs of the 9 hits
and after that you can instantly down smash to do about 11% more
i'm interested to see what other tactics meta can think of

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well I'm double posting to say this got about all the discussion it's gonna get. I'll make the summary. And come up with a ratio. Everyone PLEASE post your ratio!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Let's recap:

*How does MK approach Diddy?
*How does MK edgeguard Diddy?
*How should MK use bananas vs Diddy?
*How should MK pick up/ avoid bananas vs Diddy?

Etc stuff like that please

FearTheMateria

Smash Apprentice
You can also glide a Nado over his bananas.... Set it up for a good toss. Almost every Diddy will attempt to shield and incoming tornado, so if they shield far away enough, you get decent spacing and access to his bananas to use against him.

I dunno how much weight my my argument holds, but I agree at 55:45 MK

Diddy will pin you down with the bananas (That can also slur your airgame) and combo like the wild chimp he is.

As for approaching, it HAS to be offensive. et him set both bananas and you are ground locked... Fairs work if you come at him fast enough, but you can't let him have too much breathing room. When he is offstage, Meta has the advantage here by a long shot. AS LONG AS HE CAN'T CHUCK THE SLIPPERY PEELS, MK has nothing impeding his advance.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Oh joy, the Diddy matchup...
You're gonna want to stay in the air as much as you can in this fight. Don't stall too much cus then they'll start aiming well with their uthrown bananas. When Diddy has no bananas that's the time to go aggro.

Well i'm not rly quite sure what are the best ways to approach. I guess nado'ing right above the ground (in case of because there's always bananas) to him.

For edgeguarding, you can Dair Diddy outta his upB fairly easily if u time it right. However, the rocket will fly off and hit you but it won't kill you as long as you're @ a reasonable percent.

Bananas, i guess you have to mindgame them. I do love glidetossing. But ADHD just said that was bad soooo uh i guess don't do it xD.

Don't dash attack to get a banana. You'll usually end up slipping on the banana right beside it. You can grab it by FFing a Nair (NOT a Dair) near it. But be quick about it
Oh, and get good @ Z catching obviously.

Alright, das all i got :/
This probably won't help much and most likely all of it will be rejected and disproved as helpful by you pros.

Top Bottom