• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
it's pretty hard to hit him in that short time frame but no he does not have invincibility frames

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Do you find yourself spacing with Fair using the SHFF A combination, or SHFF C - stick? I sometimes turn around using the A combo and was wondering what the majority of you other MK users do. Do you find either way easier for any reason? I know it's just preference, but eh.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Do you find yourself spacing with Fair using the SHFF A combination, or SHFF C - stick? I sometimes turn around using the A combo and was wondering what the majority of you other MK users do. Do you find either way easier for any reason? I know it's just preference, but eh.
C-stick 10chars

Veng

Smash Ace
A new player to Meta knight should know what when using him?

I know I should try and attack the crap out of them and I SHOULD be a REALLY good edgaurding but are there any AT's I need to know? whats some combos/good stuff I need to know?

Holms

Smash Ace
Don't know if it's already been asked, but I'm curios as to what most mk mainers have trouble facing against? Not necessarily what charaters they have tougher times with, but strategies, attack patterns (or attacks specifically), etc. Anything besides "other mk mainers," haha.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if it's already been asked, but I'm curios as to what most mk mainers have trouble facing against? Not necessarily what charaters they have tougher times with, but strategies, attack patterns (or attacks specifically), etc. Anything besides "other mk mainers," haha.
Character-wise, the toughest three are probably MK, Diddy, and Yoshi.

In terms of strategies and attacks, MK doesn't have very many weaknesses in that way. The only thing I can think of is his light weight, so he can be KOd off the top fairly easily with certain attacks (like Snake's up-tilt).

Yoshi's chain-grab is also a pain in the ***.

Holms

Smash Ace
Yoshi, huh? I always wanted to give him a try...now I have a reason to! Thank you.

Holms

Smash Ace
I tried snake. I thought I was good. Karma proved me wrong.
Haven't thought of donkey kong, though I do tend to get a few wtf kills with him whenever I play against my brother...I'll add him to my list of possible secondaries. But Yoshi is still my first consideration for now!

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I'm picking up Metaknight for dittos only, what's going to be useful for me as a Meta that's only going to fight Meta's?

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I figure my basics are going to have to be better that the person I'm fighting, and from there I'll have a foothold. I'm just wondering if there's any specific insight on how to abuse MK's that don't play other MK's often.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Yeah, I figure my basics are going to have to be better that the person I'm fighting, and from there I'll have a foothold. I'm just wondering if there's any specific insight on how to abuse MK's that don't play other MK's often.
Use F-tilt a lot. Great for spacing and damage.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Full f-tilt combo, or just poke with he first hit? 'Cause I've noticed after 40% or so anothe rMK can get out of it/airdodge a hit or two rarely.

Veng

Smash Ace
Alright so ive been training and i find that the biggest help is spacing, if they cant touch you and u can hit them your good 2 go with meta knight.

I think the only other thing that would really help me other then practicing is learning the shuttle loop cancel the lag leaves me open for smashes....

but anyways.. I was wondering if tomorrow morning or maybe later tonight when my wii is free if some one would wanna help me like get in game and show me some tips after I fight you. I also plan to upload a video of my MK so far.

Thank you all you MKS!

PS. is MK gonna be banned in teh US too?

K 2

Smash Lord
This might have been answered before, but I don't want to look through 18 pages of posts to find it. Does each move of MK's ftilt count against "refreshing" his moves? Some call it diminishing return or move decay.

IDK

Smash Lord
Oh man doesn't it seem like everyone air dodges immediately out of this throw? Jump into their model and execute a nair for a strong hit. I totally agree.
go for a fair right out of the throw or run a little to uair... then fast fall and grab incase they airdodged.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah. Just use whichever you prefer. I don't believe there's a better choice of controller setup. Just the way the player himself feels more comfortable with.

Fight4Kills

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I realize that, just I notice you often are jumping upwards with lots of uairs so I figured that you were using tap jumping.

Lost_it

Smash Rookie
Dojo have any tips for a new MK? I watch replays and I see that im not fast enough I guess. But I get predictable easy because he doesnt have like an AT to mix it up, I tend to approach with fair then into a U-(hyphen?)smash or something like that. then for edge guarding just fair them back out grab edge drop and shuttle loop. The only thing that isnt so predictable is recovering with drill rush and use tornado for rackin up damage, because I dont use them as much.

Your a great MK by the way O_O

doommachine15

Smash Ace
You guys are waiting your demise of MK being banned because if its not happening soon the competitive enviroment you all love so much is going to end so learn to play a new character.....Please and im not trying to be an a** about this but MK is obviously way to broken and needs to be banned.

Top Bottom