• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Ugh. But spacing it correctly is very situational, unless someone is already shielding and it pokes. @_@

If an mk does nothing but glide back to the stage and you know he wants a glide attack, its pretty easy to react to and punish. Juz sayin brah.

NNID
Budget_Player
ok so this mainly happens when I play MK or Marth, so i'm assuming it has something to do with disjointed hitboxes.. but why is it when I play a Snake and I catch their nades, they seem to blow up everytime I try and do something? Like I'll catch it with MK, then go to throw it and he'll just jab and it'll explode LOL am I retarted?

don't answer that last part =p
He's probably shield dropping it. He can do that even if YOU are holding it.

what do you guys think mk's best three team mates are?
Ally, M2K, and Anti, probably.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know where MK stands on the grab range tier list? Grab range is one of his worse qualities imo(besides dash grab where you cover half of BF while grabbing lol). :S

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble pushing my opponent offstage and keeping him off. Mainly on falco and pit. Tips?

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
What's the best way to counter Mach tornado with Meta Knight?

I found d-air can be effective if timed correctly. What other moves can deal with it? I rarely use the tornado but the cpu spam it like ****.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ground up B is good
all of mk's sword attacks can beat it because he has transcendent priority
glide attack can't beat it head on nor dash attack. the only way glide attack can beat it is if you space it perfectly and hit mk at the top

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Ground up B is good
all of mk's sword attacks can beat it because he has transcendent priority
glide attack can't beat it head on nor dash attack. the only way glide attack can beat it is if you space it perfectly and hit mk at the top
What about avoiding it?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
jump over it
shield it (tilt ur shield up and then spot dodge near the very end of nadomakes it easier to punish)

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Meta Knight boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A smart ROB is hard to gimp... but onstage, MK just Tornado and he's done.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nair beats it from the top but not from the bottom, so he can use nair on stage as a kill move but if he does the thing where robs like to jump back on stage with nair you can just nado it

also MK ***** ROB offstage what are you talking about, his recovery is only good vs characters that can't go out as far as him, it's linear and extremely limited

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Etecoon with the Kisame Hoshigaki avy.

So guys, I've recently given in to temptation and now use MK with my DDD. (I had a lot of success with him last weekend and loved it) I am notoriously defensive and my matches have been known to go to time lol.

Are there any vids of a specific top player(s) that I should look at for ideas and insight? (with a similar style)

:phone:

Staco

Smash Champion
A good ROB player can be a pretty tough opponent.
But he has to be very smart to avoid getting gimped and to avoid getting Nado/Juggle *****.

One thing I don´t see much ROBs doing is saving their 2nd jump while recovering, then DJ Dodging onstage, after using Up B to get close to the stage.

Makes it really hard for MK to gimp them.

Exdeath

Smash Master

So guys, I've recently given in to temptation and now use MK with my DDD. (I had a lot of success with him last weekend and loved it) I am notoriously defensive and my matches have been known to go to time lol.

Are there any vids of a specific top player(s) that I should look at for ideas and insight? (with a similar style)

Teh Spammerer

Kaffei

Smash Hero

mew2king/teh spammerer

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did you guys know that when on the SV platform, if you run off and immediately hit side-b toward the way it's moving, you'll edge cancel the ending lag

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes Ripple, at least I knew that :D

Also @Staco: I have tried but I haven't been able to DJ after my UpB with Rob for some reason. I have tried many different methods but I haven't got it to work. Maybe you know how to do it?

Staco

Smash Champion
Yes Ripple, at least I knew that :D

Also @Staco: I have tried but I haven't been able to DJ after my UpB with Rob for some reason. I have tried many different methods but I haven't got it to work. Maybe you know how to do it?
Your probably wasting your DJ while starting the Up B.
Try it with Tabjump off.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
did you guys know that when on the SV platform, if you run off and immediately hit side-b toward the way it's moving, you'll edge cancel the ending lag
I don't see what it could give...

Any vid to show me ? =o

NNID
Budget_Player
Hello Meta Knight boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
It's bad. Onstage you get ***** if the MK isn't blindly running into crap and can powershield decently; offstage you just get abused if you can't make it past him by recovering very high (which sets you up for juggles, which also abuse ROB) or under the stage (very risky to recover low).

In short: ROB is boned, lol.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I'm still new to MK, so please bear with me.
What are some tricks that good Mks should know and in general how high up should I be nadoing?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Learn to forward roll all the time (back roll lasts 33 frames and forward roll lasts 23 frames which is the least laggiest forward roll in the entire game)
it is VERY easy (way easier than wave dashing in melee) so like if you wanna back roll just turn around and forward roll

nado just high enough that you can get away without being punished/land with minimum lag/autocancel it so it has 0 lag (this is hard to do consistently)

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Froll is ****. It positions you behind your opponent with minimal lag and is only punishable by a few options. You can Dtilt, Ftilt, GSL, Dsmash, or even dash grab before your opponent can even react properly.

What things do I need to know in the Lucas MU besides grab release>****?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Okay thank you for your responses, Meta Knight ***** R.O.B. like crazy, so I think it's a 30:70 MU. You all agreeing with this?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think rob vs mk is mk advantage
not strong advantage just advantage (i don't like ratios)

SeekHart, power shield all his projectiles and tornado him whenever he doesn't have a bomb. When you dthrow him he can zair to stop most of your follow ups. I think you can buffer forward roll after dthrow and avoid the zair but since zair is lagless he can probably hit you out of it. You might be able to SHAD the zair and try to follow up idk i dont really practice this match up
Do not give him any room to camp

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to Drill Rush Ledge Cancel, DI towards the stage, and land on the stage? Can't get to a Wii atm but I wanna know if its possible...>__>

etecoon

Smash Hero
probably not, MK's air movement isn't so good, we're not wario : (

except when we tornado, then we're wario surrounded by hitboxes

Top Bottom