• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Staco

Smash Champion
I don't try to time out falco, I just play gay until they approach me when I have the lead and the start of a match. They always give in eventually and do something they shouldn't.

I've timed out IC's twice and those are my only time outs.
timing out single popo ftw

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'm probably going to learn MK so that i don't get planked by MK, living in the midwest where we have justice (no LGL) is fine and all just annoying as shiet -__-

what are the best methods to counter a planking MK w/ MK?

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Um well if youre mk, so you can punish him unless he is planking perfectly. xD you can force them back onto the stage pretty easily...imo

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i'm probably going to learn MK so that i don't get planked by MK, living in the midwest where we have justice (no LGL) is fine and all just annoying as shiet -__-

Most MKs suck *** at planking, so what I'm about to say can work. What you can do is when they are about to grab the ledge again, run off air dodge (to make sure you dodge any uairs just in case), and SL so you stage spike them.

It's a gimmick but it can work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvvy5UZMeQ 0:33
Like that^

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So a random question about SV: When should I NOT scrooge? Any MUs or something where I shouldn't do it? So far it has given me incredible results.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Just use Snake's side b, clownsui >_>
That doesn't really work if the Meta Knight player knows to hit it before it reaches them and then move out of the way. If anything, it should the Meta Knight player something entertaining to do while they wait. I'm still amazed at how many people get hit by Side-B, though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That doesn't really work if the Meta Knight player knows to hit it before it reaches them and then move out of the way. If anything, it should the Meta Knight player something entertaining to do while they wait. I'm still amazed at how many people get hit by Side-B, though.
The MK player can maneuver the nikita to come in from behind you. Whatcha gonna do then? xD

Or he could just time grenades...

Or jump above and drop a C4.

Planking is easy to stop as Snake.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Daircamp and stuff.
This is not gay, this is smart lol.

@ Grim: Timing grenades is funny though, because MK can just tap jump to wait out time then SL or glide under the stage to the other edge if approached.

The C4, meh. Easily dodged.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Any moment MK is spending dodging grenades, that's an opportunity for the Snake to directly attack.
name an approach snake has other than dash attack

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL @ using snake to stop planking by MK

also kass i might just get good at the ditto because i can't stop MK planking w/ falco, just the limitation of the character so w/e

planking for short periods of time is still irritating though, especially when the other MK has built up a good lead

Jem.

Smash Master
I know it's tough advice, but just don't lose the lead vs MK if you aren't good at beating planking. MK struggles hard to approach falco on the ground, so falco knows that you'll like the tornado when he shoots the higher laser.

dair camp to nado is way too common for falcos to still be falling for it. falco can bair between the dairs too, but if mk is at low percent you get a dair or nado out of it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
When the opponent is distracted by grenades, anything. He can run off and nair, or bair. He can toss a second grenade to cover both options, etc...

Planking is by no means fool-proof.
i never said it was fool proof however i dont think snake is really going to get far going for back airs lol

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
LOL @ using snake to stop planking by MK

also kass i might just get good at the ditto because i can't stop MK planking w/ falco, just the limitation of the character so w/e

planking for short periods of time is still irritating though, especially when the other MK has built up a good lead
Idk if I'd do that. You might as well main mk then. Falco is a pain in the *** for mk. But the ditto is even more of a pain in the *** especially if you don't know mk inside and out. So if you're going to learn that much about him for the ditto, you might as well main him. xD
Just learn to be more patient with falco.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I know it's tough advice, but just don't lose the lead vs MK if you aren't good at beating planking. MK struggles hard to approach falco on the ground, so falco knows that you'll like the tornado when he shoots the higher laser.

dair camp to nado is way too common for falcos to still be falling for it. falco can bair between the dairs too, but if mk is at low percent you get a dair or nado out of it.
I'm not really bothered by dair camping because I'm pretty good at beating it/tipping the scales to make it a little more even. Also, Falco BAir/UAir can only punish Dair on whiff when the MK is up higher and I have to be airborne as the DAir is in the middle of its swing (though I'm sure you knew that xP). Nados are kind of annoying when they get lower to the ground but I can deal.

@Kass Again it's not so much the fact that MK can plank me as soon as he gets a lead but when he gets a SIZEABLE lead (30-40+), I can't make that up in 1-2 exchanges.

Besides, I think the ditto is fun. I've played MKs of all different skill levels in the ditto (Shugo being the best) and I still think it's very intense. Frustrating but only because your errors are so easily exposed; it's a very precise matchup that requires a lot of focus. Similar to Marth vs MK only both characters' tools are, well, even.

I might also need MK for Pika/Climbers, but I'm using Marth for those ATM

Exdeath

Smash Master
When the opponent is distracted by grenades, anything. He can run off and nair, or bair. He can toss a second grenade to cover both options, etc...

Planking is by no means fool-proof.
Surely you jest? Meta Knight can easily react to and space around grenades and pretty much any other option that Snake has. Snake can't even really time grenades because Meta Knight can almost always destroy the grenade while invincible. As for Side-B coming from behind, Meta Knight can still hit it before it becomes a threat and then react to what happens from there. If Snake continues to use Side-B, Meta Knight can punish him directly. If Snake stops Side-B, the situation is reset to neutral.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well if you're just doing friendlies and/or not in a serious mood, go for it
but if you're trying to win... very very risky and reward is terrible.

earla

Smash Lord
1. could someone please give me a list of combo strings/combos i should practice with mk? advanced or basic.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Make them up and see if they work on real people.
imo part of being a good player is being able to execute moves that string well in a series.

Some basics are I guess dthrow uair string
dthrow dash attack nair

etc. Be creative

earla

Smash Lord
on a cpu, i dont know how to imagine what works and doesn't though on a human.

like considering di and if they have a move to break out of a combo string.

Top Bottom