• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
OoS:
SL for projectyles, Nair for stuff form the back, grab for a stupid approach.

That's how I manage it =P

Kaffei

Smash Hero
great, so i can beat people while sucking to add more salt to the wound. Sounds like a plan
i mean thats what most mk players do anyway right?
not including the ones who are legitly good at this game though.

2nd time

shuttle loop or n-air?
Depends on the situation. If they're at low %, you could possibly nair oos and uair string. You have to be smart about what you could follow up with next etc

MK has a lot of OoS options, you just have to pick the best options and be a step ahead of your opponent.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Anyone want to give me the Mario vs MK match up details? Thanx in advance.
pierce told me to walk around and apply pressure with ftilt. seemed to work LMAO

2nd time

shuttle loop or n-air?
your question was answered legitimately, and even if it wasnt if your going to be an ******* from the second you join these forums i will make it my agenda that nobody helps you ever.

im not going to flame you.
im not going to troll you.
just think about it

Solid strategy.

Moves have cool down as well.

Fact.
Olimar can usmash before you nair or fair.
okay

when i move im maining mk. I mentioned this before. Posting in social =/= spam. If it's spam, start infracting for it instead of just saying "leave." you're the mod after all.
insult p4 for trying to give people a chance and explaining to them, or giving them a warning rather than infracting them. lmao @ like one of the few mods who isnt a asswhipe on smashboards just getting attacked

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
excuse me? I took it to PM and HE SNAPPED, telling me to "shut the **** up."

Stay out of stuff that doesn't concern you please.

oh n/m, obvs troll is obvs. Why don't you play and beat Brood yourself?

question:

is n-air mk's best oos option?
If I'm such an obvious troll, why did you still get so angry?

edit: Why the P4 hate though? I'll admit he snaps at people, but so do like...half the members of this forum? In terms of mods he's pretty cool.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I really don't know the Pikachu match up. All I know is that if he Dsmashes you, you should SDI out of it and if you SDI it so that you move horizontally away, TECH it so Pikachu has a harder time following up.

Dnyce

Smash Master
@orion

the point was that mk does a dair and then FF a nair or fair afterward. I was saying Olimar can usmash before the nair or fair (after the dair).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You didn't like me?
I like you.

:(
"i like you more"

god you sound like a girl, i never said i didnt like you
@orion

the point was that mk does a dair and then FF a nair or fair afterward. I was saying Olimar can usmash before the nair or fair (after the dair).
oh. yeah i wouldnt reccomend mks do that unless they have a read xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
haven't done it yet but I've decided that from now on if I get grabbed by IC's I'm just going to whisper homoerotic things in their ear until they punch me in the face and get disqualified

apprentice of cheese here

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
why don't you guys just make a new social thread or beg P-4 to open back up the social thread that SNO made P-4 mad enough to close but don't move the social talk to the Q&A thread.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Another question. When your opponent has certain % and you use the 1st hit of ftilt, it pops them slightly in the air. What options do they have in this situation?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
This isn't a social thread.
as long as progressive discussion is being made in the thread, why do you even care?

LMAO

its not like this has turned into a spam fest of just useless crap, infact, this thread as far as i can remember hasnt gone out of control really.

so stop wasting your time, and in fact, my time. i honestly can say every post ive ever seen you make is useless, and in fact this one is Provoking people from talking about things other than metaknight.

also@ lzr,

its Extremely DI dependent, and i cant say that i know a direct answer. if theyre SDIing up because their afraid of dsmash then i generally just react to what option they choose since they get puut higher in the air

but i doubt anything is a true combo, like 13 frames of lag before ftilt 1 can go into anything else and 20 for 2-3 to go into anything else (thats from memory i may go back and edit it if im wrong, pretty sure im right)

sometimes you see anti ftilt 1 -> upB, dash grab, or dsmash

edit:

i made that before i even realized i had an infraction LMAO

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
why don't you guys just make a new social thread or beg P-4 to open back up the social thread that SNO made P-4 mad enough to close but don't move the social talk to the Q&A thread.
Because we want to sort out exactly what happened. All that's going to happen if we see you guys turn this into a social thread is that hey, maybe you guys need some harsher moderators around here.

Now lets drop it and get this thread back to it's original purpose.

Staco

Smash Champion
versus Pikachu:

Dair camping works pretty well @ a 45 degree angle.
SH Fair works pretty well. It´s hard for Pikachu to punish/get around it.
Don´t get hit by thunderbolts too often, just PS them.
If he uses thunderbolts a lot you could also try to get around them and punish him for using the move in an unsafe situation.
Avoid getting grabbed at low % (this should count for almost ever MU, but Pikachu is also one of those, where it hurts most).
Just some general things.
DTilt should also work well against Pikas, that stay on the ground a lot.
FTilt catches Pika pretty good, if he approaches from Air or ground, doesn´t matter.

Pikachu has not so much range in general.
Use your range to give him trouble.

I hope I could help you a bit. ^^

etecoon

Smash Hero
does anyone know the exact % pika can CG you at? I usually just play really safe until 50 or so lol

actually I just hella camp pikachu in general come to think of it...

edit

Why would you infract Orion, He's generally the only player that makes worthwhile posts in here.
because being blunt but helpful is looked down upon, being completely useless and just spamming the social thread to raise your post count while trolling P4 on the other hand, totally acceptable.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
haven't done it yet but I've decided that from now on if I get grabbed by IC's I'm just going to whisper homoerotic things in their ear until they punch me in the face and get disqualified

apprentice of cheese here
you know i screamed at him first right >_>
versus Pikachu:

Dair camping works pretty well @ a 45 degree angle.
SH Fair works pretty well. It´s hard for Pikachu to punish/get around it.
Don´t get hit by thunderbolts too often, just PS them.
If he uses thunderbolts a lot you could also try to get around them and punish him for using the move in an unsafe situation.
Avoid getting grabbed at low % (this should count for almost ever MU, but Pikachu is also one of those, where it hurts most).
Just some general things.
DTilt should also work well against Pikas, that stay on the ground a lot.
FTilt catches Pika pretty good, if he approaches from Air or ground, doesn´t matter.

Pikachu has not so much range in general.
Use your range to give him trouble.

I hope I could help you a bit. ^^
this except nado is good if you see a thunder bolt and pika still has lag, since it goes through the projectile and cant still him also

pikas dash shield a lot, and reading their oos options is really key since dash grabbing them sucks unless you make a smart read (he has the same spotdodge as falco diddy link yoshi), and since pika is light he does pop out of nado easily so its not your best option

note that pikas shield grab range is balls so dsmash on shield if spaced is pretty homo if they dont PS

and abuse pika being really light and get early kills

@ etecoon and albert just leave it alone for now lmao, its a one point infraction not worth *****ing about. if it gets out of hand i do have options though

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Infractions don't matter. I used to get them weekly and I still post the same. They're pretty much all just warnings. Also, everybody likes alerts!

Aight, so, what are some of the best options when an MK is ftilting your shield? Is it really just a guessing game?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I usually just drop shield d-tilt, f-tilt, or up+b out of shield.

Staco

Smash Champion
Infractions don't matter. I used to get them weekly and I still post the same. They're pretty much all just warnings. Also, everybody likes alerts!

Aight, so, what are some of the best options when an MK is ftilting your shield? Is it really just a guessing game?
Up B should work, if you are close enough.
You could also roll behind the other MK and grab, if he does the full FTilt.
If he just does one slash he could possibly get a grab or hit you with another attack, if you roll behind him.
You could wait for the full ftilt and then punish it with a ftilt (pretty easy to DI in that situation) or dtilt to anything.
It really depends on your enemies spacing and if he does the full FTilt or just one or two slashes.
Up B should be the only save punishment method, if you are close enough and if he did one slash, but it´s also one of the less efective options (doesn´t deal much damage and no good chance for follow ups, it also decreases the power of Up B as a kill move and at low % the enemy could try to punish the glide afterwards).
A grab would give you much more profit. (good chance for follow ups)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I usually just drop shield d-tilt, f-tilt, or up+b out of shield.
I meant more like if you weren't sure if they'd finish it or not. Like after the first hit, can you punish. Unless that's what you're talking about.

Up B should work, if you are close enough.
You could also roll behind the other MK and grab, if he does the full FTilt.
If he just does one slash he could possibly get a grab or hit you with another attack, if you roll behind him.
You could wait for the full ftilt and then punish it with a ftilt (pretty easy to DI in that situation) or dtilt to anything.
It really depends on your enemies spacing and if he does the full FTilt or just one or two slashes.
Up B should be the only save punishment method, if you are close enough and if he did one slash, but it´s also one of the less efective options (doesn´t deal much damage and no good chance for follow ups, it also decreases the power of Up B as a kill move and at low % the enemy could try to punish the glide afterwards).
A grab would give you much more profit. (good chance for follow ups)
Yeah...I tried the roll thing but it doesn't feel safe. Thanks for this post. And I usually just wait it out, but I got grabbed last time. Probably just a matter of reaction.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
D-tilt out of shield is wicked fast and a much better option than d-smash out of shield. At low %'s it usually trips leading to a free grab, dash attack, or f-tilt as well. I think it works well in this scenario.

However, up+b out of shield is full proof. Once f-tilt touches your shield up+b is free.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Are you sure it out ranges it? I'm pretty sure that the third hit of Ftilt out ranges it, but if that hits your shield it's easy to punish.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
More questions! How do you guys like fsmash? I use it quite often to bait moves. Or I use it when my opponent in is the ledge, I spam stutter step fsmashes. Also if I glide attack with perfect spacing on their shield and read a spotdodge, it also works for wonders.
So anybody else abuse it?

Staco

Smash Champion
......./salt at DTLs post

^ @ staco

ill try rolling more i generally play much more safe than that
Since MKs roll is really fast it´s sometimes pretty useful, since the enemy most of the time can´t react to it fast enough (if he doesn´t expect it).
Watch M2K vs. Ally, even Ally gets trapped by it often.
Need to think back to the double roll to dsmash by M2K, haha.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
its gay as long as your op isnt covering the option or doesnt read it. the problem is getting grabbed by good characters is sooooooo homo :/

Top Bottom