• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I've seen those pictures but I was wondering how they compared against other moves. Like are there any moves that would outspace a fair that bair could beat?

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Whats the best way to approach Marth if he is playing extremly defencive with fairs?

i tried tornadoing but he countered :(

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Grounded shuttle loop beats FAir.

And you can start to tornado, bait the counter, then hit him after the counter.

And you can probably just run up and FAir him back after he FAirs.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
ok thanks for the info.

and i tried the run up and fair him but marth out ranges MK in a lot of things.
so with proper spacing he easily beat that.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
The last hit of MK's Ftilt out ranges anything Marth has, iirc.
Mk's Dtilt also out ranges Marth's dtilt. Just an fyi :p

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Olimar is a pain in the ****ing ***. I get to play RichBrown pretty often and he's reaaaaally good at the MK matchup.

Don't approach with tornado. He can shield it and punish you, or he can pivot grab it, or SDI then nair from above, or up-B it, or just plain run away lol.

It's really useful in the matchup, but he has ways to stop it. I need help with this matchup...

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i tried to tornado and he grabbed me. I tried to approach from the air but he does an Up B. I cant camp because my friend is just plain better than me so he usually has the stock/percent lead so i have to approach. That match up is so frustrating.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Olimar is a pain in the ****ing ***. I get to play RichBrown pretty often and he's reaaaaally good at the MK matchup.

Don't approach with tornado. He can shield it and punish you, or he can pivot grab it, or SDI then nair from above, or up-B it, or just plain run away lol.

It's really useful in the matchup, but he has ways to stop it. I need help with this matchup...
Ok that's what I thought lol.
And you get to play RichBrown??? Dannngg

frayike

Smash Cadet
few questions

Is there a way to DI out of Falco chaingrab so I don't get the full 50% and don't get spiked of the ledge. I don't die from it but sorta gay that I have to air camp him so hard because he can get 50 plus % on me with that stupid chain grab

I know this is more of an opinion sort of thing, but I play with tap jump off and was wondering if I should learn how to play with it on for mk. idk would like to see what you guys say.

What is a good way of getting snake into the air. His ground game is way too good and approaching him can be difficult. I find nades are good at keeping mk at bay so should I play smart till he messes up or go for it and trip him up?

Any help is much apprecaited :chuckle:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
few questions

Is there a way to DI out of Falco chaingrab so I don't get the full 50% and don't get spiked of the ledge. I don't die from it but sorta gay that I have to air camp him so hard because he can get 50 plus % on me with that stupid chain grab

I know this is more of an opinion sort of thing, but I play with tap jump off and was wondering if I should learn how to play with it on for mk. idk would like to see what you guys say.

What is a good way of getting snake into the air. His ground game is way too good and approaching him can be difficult. I find nades are good at keeping mk at bay so should I play smart till he messes up or go for it and trip him up?

Any help is much apprecaited :chuckle:
You can't DI out of the chaingrab if the Falco does it right. The only way you can escape is if the Falco screws up.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
And you get to play RichBrown??? Dannngg
Yeah I played him in a bunch of friendlies this past weekend (mostly matches with secondaries, like Snake dittos and such lol), he's a cool guy :p It's a tough matchup. Definitely in MKs advantage, but if the Olimar knows the matchup he CAN win.

Like for instance this past weekend RichBrown beat Havok in tourney (I didn't actually see the match, so Havok may have gone Snake or something, but RichBrown has beaten Havok's MK in tourney before).
I'd say kinda mix it up with both. Don't approach the same way over and over again. DAir camping a little bit until there's an opening can work, and so can just... walking up to Snake and using tilts (obviously not walking into exploding nades, but walking in smartly and avoiding those kinds of things).

Saltix

Smash Lord
is there anything particulary busted on Rainbow Cruise that we can do that I should know about?
I may have found something and I don't want to mention it yet, as it might already be known, or at least until I can look into it more.

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
You mean like Dthrow on the stage pieces that fall/disappear? I have a match against a good DK (he has beaten CO18 before) coming up and I was wondering what stages I should ban/CP and what some good match-up tips are. I've read the match-up section in both the MK and the DK boards. The DK one has very little info and the MK one is out dated (most of the info is still good though).

Saltix

Smash Lord
You mean like Dthrow on the stage pieces that fall/disappear? I have a match against a good DK (he has beaten CO18 before) coming up and I was wondering what stages I should ban/CP and what some good match-up tips are. I've read the match-up section in both the MK and the DK boards. The DK one has very little info and the MK one is out dated (most of the info is still good though).
See, I didn't know that lol. What else is there to know?

Low % Dthrow->Ftilt is guaranteed by DK
Watch for the wavebounced punch, as well is the 6 and the 9 Punches; 9 will kill in the 30-40% range iirc.
Don't approach too much with tornado, as he can punch you out of it, nado his landings, most of his aerials can't do anything about it.
if he takes you to smashville, don't get grabbed on the platform
Shuttle loop from under the UP-B recovery

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
O.K thanks. How about stage choices? Here is the vid of the tech I told you about. It can also be done in Brinstar. I don't know anything else special about RC though. What did you "descover?"

Player-4

See you in 25 years
is there anything particulary busted on Rainbow Cruise that we can do that I should know about?
I may have found something and I don't want to mention it yet, as it might already be known, or at least until I can look into it more.
There's the easy up-throw kill right after the boat leaves.

If you grab them on the bottom part at the beginning of the vertical movement of the stage and up-throw, you can kill them, because the carpet is waiting really close to the top blast-zone so it's a free kill. I think it kills at 0% but I could be wrong.

Shimp

Smash Rookie
Playing against a friend I saw him use MKs down B attack and disappear for a long period of time. I am in no sense near pro at the game but I'd still like to figure it out.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Playing against a friend I saw him use MKs down B attack and disappear for a long period of time. I am in no sense near pro at the game but I'd still like to figure it out.
It's called "Infinite Dimensional Cape", and for all tournament purposes it's banned.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Extended Dimensional Cape.
Press Down B, hold down on the control stick and tap the C stick up as fast as you can. Meta Knight can stay invisible and invincible for as long as you can continue to tap the C stick up. This is banned at most tourneys, btw.

EDIT: Ninja'd by P4 lol

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
In some videos I see MKs dash grab which travels all the way to the ledge. Then the MK pummel spams and causes a pummel release, however the MK also falls off the stage with the opponent. Is there a way you can guarantee this of happening every time? Sorry if this was asked before. :urg:

Exdeath

Smash Master
noob question:

How u do a retreating fair , yea i just pick mk again xD
Short-hop, buffer forward and your attack button (e.g. A) and then move the control stick backward as quickly as you can. Alternatively, short-hop and then simultaneously move the control stick backward and the C-stick forward -- doing both as quickly as you can.

Top Bottom