• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm not sure. Jason's been slacking lately. I'd actually venture to say that Ally is better atm.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
ANTi's Metaknight is underrated.
And I love Nairo's, he just do not win any big tournament.... =P

ANTi_

Smash Hero
But that Ally though...
xD

I really think it's still
1. m2k
2. ally
3. anti
4. tyrant
5. nairo
xD
So Ally's the 2nd best MK overall just because he's good at MK dittos? that's ******** lol.

Lost to ESAM's Pika/ADHD's Diddy.

There's more M.U's that you have to put into account for to determine this kinda stuff.

But Tyrant/Me/Ally are all interchangeable.

Staco

Smash Champion
I think overall Antis MK > Allys MK.
Anti is almost as good as Ally in the MK ditto and he is better at some other MUs, which are also important.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
IMO, M2K's is just very technical, and he's also very good at readings.

Ally is just too smart...

Anti is more aknowledged and plays his MUs correctly.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Best mk? Idk... I honestly think Anti could be the best mk. He's probably my favorite mk atm. Ally's mk is just so lulz. and m2k has been slacking. Tyrant... well... I haven't seen much aside from him vs TKD.

Staco

Smash Champion
I don't see how M2K has been slacking
he beat ally in wf and gf at siis5
That was like the only major tourney he won since Pound.
Ally won all the other big tourneys + he beat M2K 1 smaller tourney and he beat ultimaterazer multiple times, M2K lost to razer.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
to be fair, when M2K lost to razer at pound, he didn't seem to be wanting to play well in either game, considering he forfeited in both melee and brawl lol

And tyrant is on par with anti/Ally's MK, I agree with Anti that anti/ally/tyrant are interchangeable for 2-4.

y'all are forgetting about TKD, too. He'd definitely be in the running for top 5 haha

earla

Smash Lord
mk's glide attack tilted up. anyone know exactly why it is safer?

anyone got good video examples of this?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I dtilt locked Inui and Nakat (among others) in tournament

**** was cash

Inui rage quit
Nakat went emo on me (although he wasn't as good at the time imo)

I have a few setups which are pretty reliable, one which definitely true combos, and another that may be buffer sdiable (GL with that that LOL). but the problem is that (ignoring the technical barrier) good players tend to not let themselves get in a bad situation in the first place so it's very rare to get in tourny matches lol

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ally won all the other big tourneys + he beat M2K 1 smaller tourney and he beat ultimaterazer multiple times, M2K lost to razer.
SiiS5 was pretty damn small for a major, and I don't think that it would really count as one.

M2K lost to Razer and Fatal like once a piece, and he's beaten them how many times over the years?

I dtilt locked Inui and Nakat (among others) in tournament

**** was cash
:laugh:

mk's glide attack tilted up. anyone know exactly why it is safer?

anyone got good video examples of this?
Because MK doesn't continue his momentum into the opponent. Watch Nairo vs. Pink Fresh.

Staco

Smash Champion
Would be still nice, if you have got good video examples.

Lol, over the last few days, playing Tay´s (german good player) Diddy Kong I did so much crazy stuff vs. Diddy.
Like one scene I was gliding toward Tay really low (if I had tilted a little tiny bit more down I would have landed).
He had two naners, threw one, I canceld glide, picked the naner before reaching the bottom and shielded, he threw the 2nd with a glide toss forward at me (expected to hit me with the first) and I shielded it and killed him with Up B OoS.
So good.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well, I'm talking about recent ones
I'm not trying to discredit Razer's loss but that's not fair to M2K. The entire event I saw him there, he looked very stressed and he didn't seem like he wanted to play. He was even getting frustrated vs p wii and usually m2k has 0 problems in mk dittos unless it's against ally/anti

He also wanted to focus a lot more on Melee; he was playing that the entire time

Staco

Smash Champion
I still feel as if it is wrong to give M2K credit for not winning tourneys and not giving any credit for Ally and Anti doing much better than M2K right now.

Albert.

Smash Master
@ kaffei... Have you never heard of "woulda, shoulda, coulda" excuses? cause that's what you're making right now.

Tourney stress is a part of the competition.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Obviously. But if you think M2K is playing at his top performance level right now you're ********. Nobody needs to john for him though...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I still feel as if it is wrong to give M2K credit for not winning tourneys and not giving any credit for Ally and Anti doing much better than M2K right now.
I never/implied said that Ally & Anti aren't doing better than M2K right now. To deny that would be pure ignorance.

Albert. said:
@ kaffei... Have you never heard of "woulda, shoulda, coulda" excuses? cause that's what you're making right now.

Tourney stress is a part of the competition.
I wasn't referring to tournament stress specifically, but I don't really want to get into that because it will only sound like blatant dik sucking johns to everyone else.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You all just discredited me right now LOL.
it depends on how you look at it. even on his worst days m2k is still quite capable of placing TOP in nationals, as you can tell by his amazingly overall consistent placings. so even taking games, let alone taking sets off of him is quite.... well difficult to say it lightly.

not everyone is playing at their best, or their worst all the time, and that's just something we have to improve upon... but also deal with as people.

you can take it as an insult if you want. but you of all people should realize how rare it is for jason to even drop games to good players when he's not sandbagging.

@tech:

I don't baby m2k, but I do respect him. The guy has ****ing talent, and unlike most people he put in the work. You can say what you want, and I agree maybe he has some things he could work on as a person... but we all do, just in different areas. I honestly think he's really easy to talk to

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh I acknowledge his talent. He's put a ******** amount of time into getting good at this game. I respect him for that. I just think he's babied sometimes. Not saying its all his fault nor am I questioning his character as a person. I just find it funny is all.

earla

Smash Lord
what are some 'not commonly known' tricks/combos with mk?

anyone got dtilt lock setups?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think m2k plays mk da bess. But he definitely is not the smartest mk. He's just SOOOOO good technically and at keeping his self in a viable position. I never really see him make many reads. Mostly punishes or abusing how safe mk COULD be if ppl practiced as much as him. Which imo, is best. He does win often for a reason =/.

On a side note: Can someone explain the pika mu...like it seems really straightforward but idk. When i watch E$@M vs mks its just like...lol what?

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think m2k plays mk da bess. But he definitely is not the smartest mk. He's just SOOOOO good technically and at keeping his self in a viable position. I never really see him make many reads. Mostly punishes or abusing how safe mk COULD be if ppl practiced as much as him. Which imo, is best. He does win often for a reason =/.

On a side note: Can someone explain the pika mu...like it seems really straightforward but idk. When i watch E$@M vs mks its just like...lol what?
I really wish that Xaltis vs. ESAM was recorded, because Xaltis' MK is as basic as it gets and he ***** ESAM hard core [Insert ESAM Johns].

Basically, don't be afraid of Pikachu. His early CG is limited and he can't CG past mid-percents. Pikachu has a harder time getting in on Meta Knight and his direct kill set-ups are limited similar to Fox.

When Pikachu is off-stage and isn't committing with something like Side-B, it's usually better to prioritize stage control over greedy gimps and -- to a lesser extent -- ledge traps. I feel like Pikachu is probably the most difficult character for Meta Knight to ledge trap, because he has a mix-up for every one of Meta Knight's options.

Top Bottom