• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What applications does MK have with platform cancel, for example, in SV.
I played a Melee player in Brawl yesterday, he was Marth, and he used platform cancel very well.
He grabbed me and tried to do a grab release on me, but I waited for the platform, released on it and buffered a shield. He just jumped, platform cancelled and grabbed me out of it before I realized what happened.
Could MK use such stuff with like Dthrow or something?

C.J.

Smash Master
I played a Melee player in Brawl yesterday, he was Marth, and he used platform cancel very well.
He grabbed me and tried to do a grab release on me, but I waited for the platform, released on it and buffered a shield. He just jumped, platform cancelled and grabbed me out of it before I realized what happened.
Characters with multiple jumps can only PC from their grounded jump (at least in my experience/what I've been told to confirm it). So, you could PC on SV, but, MK's FH (lolacronyms) height is about the same as the SV platform so it has no real use.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well in general when they are on that platform they shield because they think u will uair them. PC onto the platform and grab them. If you do it super faster it can be hard to react to

Exdeath

Smash Master
Meta Knight's platform cancel is one of the best in the situations where he should use them due to his fast dash and range (especially relative to his normally slow aerial speed), however there aren't many of those. ICs/Marth/etc. tend to have the most use from it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yeah I have to agree with that.
But I didn't know MK can only use his ground jump to PC. No wonder I couldn't do it when everyone did it with Snake and Marth.

I supposed it might be an interesting follow up from a dthrow if they DI upwards, but I don't see too much application to it with MK.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
That MI trolling. smh.

Just hit him when he's of the stage, and be careful of tornado, he can reflect out of it. x_x
How can you seriously not beat wolf? Unless it's Kain's wolf, then you should give up.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Eh yo meta knights, I wanna know why everytime I'm shuttle looping there be a hot *** girl but she got an ugly *** friend
C'mon man, I ain't got no time for that
I'm only dealing with nines and tens, not no threes and fours.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Eh yo meta knights, I wanna know why everytime I'm shuttle looping there be a hot *** girl but she got an ugly *** friend
C'mon man, I ain't got no time for that
I'm only dealing with nines and tens, not no threes and fours.
What?
This is the mk q and a thread, not the rate girls by number and ***** about ugly girls thread.

F.U.B.A.R.

Smash Rookie
Anywhere with my controller in hand. (Texas)
That MI trolling. smh.

Just hit him when he's of the stage, and be careful of tornado, he can reflect out of it. x_x
How can you seriously not beat wolf? Unless it's Kain's wolf, then you should give up.
IDK either I always beat Wolfs but then I faced one on AIB the other night at FD and he actually beat me. Maybe it was the stage or luck but either way I got beat lol.

NNID
Budget_Player
Wolf really isn't that easy... There's like literally one MK in europe (maybe two?) that beat Semifer (germany's best wolf main) regularly. He wrecked my **** hard. I really could use tips on the MU too; I suck at gimping him.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm talkin about 'Merica here. That's the only place I know. lol jk

Wolf can be weird, but I mean come on guys....that recovery...
Just hit him off the stage!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Kassy, you bited sooooo easy lol.

Only thing I know about the MU is not to approach with nado, they'll just shine or blaster and cancel it, you even may Drill Rush on accident after that and get a really heavy punishment.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Kassy, you bited sooooo easy lol.

Only thing I know about the MU is not to approach with nado, they'll just shine or blaster and cancel it, you even may Drill Rush on accident after that and get a really heavy punishment.
Om nom nom ;P

His jab is great, and so is his downsmash, and most of his aerials. His recovery is terrible though, and that's what you need to focus on punishing. I know he has that stupid over b crap that can cancel or whatever, but even that can become predictable. @_@

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
His jab is pretty dam slow though lol. His ftilt is like one of the best shield pokers in the game. Wolf seems like a mu you need exp on. I'd say just stay more grounded and out space him with tilts and SH Fairs. Punish his bair on shield with GSL or SH fair. Don't worry about his lasers TOO much. Meaning dont be afraid of them. Make sure to space yourself (if he's already on the ledge) so that you can punish either A) a scar through or B) a scar landing(where he cancels on the ledge with no lag and can jump(i believe no lag))

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I move Meta Knight
^^^^^^^ It's mk. He can attack from every angle lawl. No but seriously, walking back and forth, Empty SH, dash to froll, your usual baiting actions tbqh. Cept we can test their reaction to single f-tilts and single dtilts as well.

NNID
Budget_Player
How the **** do you deal with olimar? I really, really struggle to get past even an incredibly bad olimar. Approaches from the ground get completely shut down, and aerial approaches tend to eat usmashes. What do I do about this? How the hell do you get in on this character?

Staco

Smash Champion
How the **** do you deal with olimar? I really, really struggle to get past even an incredibly bad olimar. Approaches from the ground get completely shut down, and aerial approaches tend to eat usmashes. What do I do about this? How the hell do you get in on this character?
Mix it up.
It´s actually the hard thing vs. Olimar to get in, afterwards you need to get the follow ups to win this.
It´s normal that you will have problems to get in vs. a good Olimar.

vs. Wolf it´s not that easy.
Shutting down his Side B recovery works best with Nair and Tornado, but with Nair most of the time he will get kicked onstage, so catching it with Nado and Juggling him afterwards is your best option.
Holding Wolf in the air and on the ledge/offstage is the key to get the advantage in this MU.
And yeah, it´s one of this MU you have to learn, Wolf has got a lot of different options vs. MK.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
can mk platform cancel? the most I can get him to do on smashville is shield cancel on it but when I try to do a aerial it just doesn't happen. I can do it with my other characters but not mk :/

Kaffei

Smash Hero
can mk platform cancel? the most I can get him to do on smashville is shield cancel on it but when I try to do a aerial it just doesn't happen. I can do it with my other characters but not mk :/
Yes, Meta Knight can perform a Platform Cancel. It's easiest with Dair. Also, you have to do it with the ground jump; his wing flap jumps can't be used to perform a Platform Cancel for some reason beyond my knowledge.

C.J.

Smash Master
Yes, Meta Knight can perform a Platform Cancel. It's easiest with Dair. Also, you have to do it with the ground jump; his wing flap jumps can't be used to perform a Platform Cancel for some reason beyond my knowledge.
No character w/ more than two jumps can PC on a mid-air jump to the best of my knowledge.

tekkie

Smash Master
I got my *** handed to me by a wolf main I assume because I am not real familar with the MU is there any "key" to victory against him?

:phone:
learn to punish wolf from below and offstage, as well as his smashes, and the matchup goes wildly in your favor.

there are literally no MKs with matchup experience with wolf though

Top Bottom