• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Exdeath

Smash Master
pika is overrated imo.. don't get grabbed early, and don't fall for his obvious kill setups

inb4hasn'tplayedagoodpika
Pikachu sucks until you play a good one. The first time that you play a good Pikachu/ZSS will probably involve you asking why your character is always in hit stun.

Toneh

Smash Lord

Exdeath

Smash Master
Too bad Pikachu sucks at getting a lead back when MK gets campy.
To be honest, Pikachu is able to pressure you a lot because he has so many powerful set-ups and moves that gimp you if you DI them wrong/somehow run into them (e.g. Fsmash and Down-B). ESAM can literally run back and forth at you ~kill percent and you will have a risk of stroke.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I would definitely agree that low/mid level Pikachus are just so much worse than high level ones. Granted there aren't that many high level ones but there is an enormous difference between them. Mid level ones all seem to do the same thing to me. T-Jolt spam (usually very little variation in how they do it), fishing for the grab at Chaingrab %s...etc etc. I've played and beaten soo many Pikachus as DDD, but then playing against Anther's is a complete difference. I wanna play ESAM though just because :D

*namesearch bait*

earla

Smash Lord
whats correct way to plank with mk? how many frames of vulnerability mk have when planking?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all,

I'd rather not bring the frame data thread back to life... so I'll ask again here. Does anyone know how many frames it takes to cancel a glide? I'm also curious as to if canceling it in air will be longer or shorter than canceling it into the ground. It could have IASA frames and such, so that would be worth investigation.

I don't have a wii to hack and find this data with, so help filling this frame data gap would be awesome.

Thanks!

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hey all,

I'd rather not bring the frame data thread back to life... so I'll ask again here. Does anyone know how many frames it takes to cancel a glide? I'm also curious as to if canceling it in air will be longer or shorter than canceling it into the ground. It could have IASA frames and such, so that would be worth investigation.

I don't have a wii to hack and find this data with, so help filling this frame data gap would be awesome.

Thanks!
That's for the Smash Lab (I pasted your request there).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
DI up makes his able to CG me normally. Teching anywhere gets me totally read to another grab. It feels frustrating. I heard you can avoid the dthrow stuff completely, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Exdeath

Smash Master
DI up makes his able to CG me normally. Teching anywhere gets me totally read to another grab. It feels frustrating. I heard you can avoid the dthrow stuff completely, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
No it doesn't. DI Up and Away>Neutral B if you're always getting re-grabbed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He will adapt immediately to whatever I do >_> Ppl said you are guaranteed to escape it somehow.

Exdeath

Smash Master
He will adapt immediately to whatever I do >_> Ppl said you are guaranteed to escape it somehow.
That's a player problem, not an option problem. I just told you what your option is. DI Up and Away removes DDD's immediate/direct punish options.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Okay but, can you pummel? Is there ever a way they can ground release if they mash.... just basic stuff like that.
It is possible to pummel during a grab and still have an air release, however all releases during a pummel will be ground releases.

earla

Smash Lord
is there a famous game where seibrik combos using a dtilt lock? if so link?

think someone mentioned it was vs esam

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Okay thanks guys. I know it's a big deal with the skill difference. I will try up and away next time and experiment with it. I will gladly get faired instead of dthrowed like 6 times.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Its not the mashing that makes MK air release its pressing jump or UP on the joystick.
So basically don't do it.
I believe that MK is one of the characters that can force an air release by grabbing MK out of the air.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If they have weak OoS options and/or slow Rolls, I usually Dtilt twice or trice their shields to see what they do and then ****.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
What beats another MK using f-smash for ledge pressure?
Does get-up attack work (>100 or <100)or is hovering with nado and then going in during the endlag the best strat?

Staco

Smash Champion
What beats another MK using f-smash for ledge pressure?
Does get-up attack work (>100 or <100)or is hovering with nado and then going in during the endlag the best strat?
Get up attack does just work, if they got the wrong spacing.
Down B works, if they charge the fsmash or if you predict their next fsmash.
It´s an underused strategy, since it´s easy to punish, if your opponent doesn´t just mindless charges fsmashes.
You could try to glide on a fsmashing opponent, since glide beats fsmash (learn the spacing), but he could just release the fsmash, if he sees you gliding and then punish you for it.
Jumping above him with DJ from the ledge/ledgejump also works, but that´s punishable, since it puts you in a juggling position.
As you see there is no save way to get back, but you got multiple options what to do.
Tornadoing in also works.
You can nado above the fsmash or use the laggy gaps between the smashes, to punish it.
You could also try to mindgame him, by nadoing, waiting outside of his fsmash range, wait for him to release the fsmash and then going in.

There are lots of options, how to deal with the situation.
The above are probably the basics.

Top Bottom