• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I have a question involving ZGrabs after Dtilt.

Is there any frame traps, or special tricks you can do to secure the grab? I've been whiffing on the grab a lot lately and then getting punished.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I keep getting owned in dittos even though others don't play MK. Any great or super important thing to keep in mind to be able to beat them?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm somehow good at dittos.
Is all about wait out of their range and punish stuff I know is punishable since I know my character lol

Baitings and readings are vital skills in MK Dittos! ;D

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If they don't play MK then they shouldn't know as much as you (if you know your character enough), wait for them to make the first moves/mistakes then punish them. If you're trying to play fast and aggressive with them and you're getting beat for it, slow it down.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Try to minimize the amounts of openings to leave by putting out moves they can't react to like Dtilt and AC Fair. Just don't get predictable.

Also, try rolling OoS more. Rolling behind your opponent after like an Fsmash or Fair is only punishable if they read you, and rolling away from them puts you in a position to more safely approach.

Punish everything on shield with GSL or Dtilt. Besides Fsmash and spaced Ftilt3 on shield, you can punish anything and everything MK has if you just block it. :D

Exdeath

Smash Master
:Youtube Video:
someone tell me how to fight G&W
Doesn't this belong in the critique thread? :awesome:

Yes, tell the bowser main who made the video on how to do the extended chaingrab what Bowser can or cannot do.
Well surely if you made a video about it then you know everything and are entirely infallible. It was my mistake to say that I recall a Bowser player telling me something, especially when someone who made The Video About It™ says otherwise.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Don't get frustrated. G&W will do the same **** over and over again. Utilt beats key, and you can smash DI out of his bair, as well as shuttle loop it.

I had to play a G&W awhile ago, and it's a pretty annoying MU. Mostly based on if you bait him correctly and actually punish him for it. :/

i was being serious about the first post. dairs are extremely useful but you have to use them differently than usual. dair camping just dont work very well. if you pressure oli's shield at a 45 degree angle with dair what can they do?

OH GOD my mistake

just get the G&W off stage and force them to up B onto the stage, punish, repeat

ftilt really shuts down GW's ground game... up and down air shut down the air game. this is a horrible matchup for GW

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Watch Havok vs UTD Zac.

You now know the G&W matchup. :p

Pretty much, just play a solid ground game, follow up fairly well, but make sure you don't go too far out for your followups, 'cause he has a lot of range, and up B is gay. Just don't be predictable in the way you do **** on the ground, and you'll win. Grounded shuttle loop beats out his ****, too, so if he whiffs something, most situations you can just throw it out, and you beat it. And if he hits your shield with a non bair aerial, you can just up B it. You can up B bair, too, but if you don't know the timing of his bair, and stuff like that, you might mess up.

Learning to DI bair and punish him for hitting you with it isn't exactly essential to the matchup, MK ***** G&W without SDI ****, but with it, you'll **** him harder lol.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Also, try GSL near the ledge when he's recovering. G&W is vulnerable for 2 frames before he can grab the ledge. But that's if he times his Up B perfectly. Basically, he's not invincible before he grabs the ledge so abuse that.

Whenever Dubs jumps at you just GSL lol. All he has to punish you with is like last hit of Bair or a full bucket. Thank God he can't get a full bucket against MK lol. ;)

When you approach him expect him to do one of three things: shield, Dtilt, or grab. Just look for patterns and punish.

When he's recovering low time your ledge grab right before you think he'll up B. When he lands onstage you get a free Nair.

Box him in with tilts and GSL and punish everything he does on shield or whiff with GSL or Ftilt.

GGs.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have a question.

Aside from Wario are there any characters that can do well against (or at least not get *****) on Brinstar vs a Metaknight?

etecoon

Smash Hero
GAW definitely, only character really that I'd rather not fight on brinstar. if they don't have a GAW I'm LOLing at them banning RC instead

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's grab release is evil. My best option is spot dodging it perfectly and punishing or dair camping. Any other good options, or any attacks that out space Yoshi's satanic tongue?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm relatively new to learning the MUs from MKs perspective, so what's the reasoning for grabbing the ledge when another MK is off the stage? I was watching Ally and Seibrik's match at Pound V and I noticed that Ally would grab the ledge multiple times.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmrSRxA7bA

A specific example would be at 17:29. What options is he taking away from Seibrik's MK?

etecoon

Smash Hero
you gain invincibility frames that can let you nair them if they try to recover directly

Top Bottom