• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Any game wioth captain falcon can't suck it's a fact and you can't say anything with captain falcon sucks. Brlwa in fact doesn't have captain falcon in there and your a ****** if you think so.

would falcon trip and fall on his face like a little b****? no he wouldn't if he somehow fell he would f***ing punch the f***ing ground away from him so he is back on his feet.

you can't run faster than falcon how can sonic be in there and faster than him? it's impossible.

falcon would combo **** every single stock of yours off.

also it doesn't even look like falcon compared to melee/N64/cartoon. I think it's gannon trying to be a man in barwl which he fails at and some dirty hobo trys to be gannon.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Any game wioth captain falcon can't suck it's a fact and you can't say anything with captain falcon sucks. Brlwa in fact doesn't have captain falcon in there and your a ****** if you think so.

would falcon trip and fall on his face like a little b****? no he wouldn't if he somehow fell he would f***ing punch the f***ing ground away from him so he is back on his feet.

you can't run faster than falcon how can sonic be in there and faster than him? it's impossible.

falcon would combo **** every single stock of yours off.

also it doesn't even look like falcon compared to melee/N64/cartoon. I think it's gannon trying to be a man in barwl which he fails at and some dirty hobo trys to be gannon.
LOLOLOL wtf icg???

ITS ME ETWIST. I FVCKING HATE BARLW

HOW DID YOU GET TROLLED BY THAT??? LOL

IM PROLLY THAT FALCON DOIN THOSE COMBOS!!!

fvck, i need to post in the melee boards again. yall forgot who i am.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
but how sure are you?
No I am fair-ly (lol pun) certain that what you just did was a mind game.

Anyway I am hosting an unofficial tournament with me and my "friends" (people at school that I do not know very well). There are no good smashers were I near where I live (including me I have horrid tech skill :(.) So I am hoping that that this tournament might get some of the people at school to "Show me there moves" (lol more puns). So I wish to see if the rule set I am playing by is ok with people who have more experience with the tournament stuff.

The Stocks will be set to four.
Timer is set to 8 minutes.
Everyone will face everyone in the tournament in a 1v1, if you win a set (best 2/3) you get a point the one with the most points wins. If there is a tie of points at the end the winer will be decided by a final best 2/3.

Note: I am trying to have a liberal stage list without being unfair.

Neutral Stages list

Mushroom kingdom 2
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battle Field
Yoshi Story
Dream Land n64
Pokemon Stadium

Counter Pick list

Kongo Jungle n64
Kongo Jungle
Jungle ****
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Brinstar depths
Mute City
Green Greens

Banned
All the rest of them.

The first round is random (The neutral stages.) The second round loser gets to pick from the neutral or the counter picks. However the winer can chose to temporary ban 2 counter picks, And one neutral.
Banned battle fields can be played on but if and only if both players agree on it before the round.

If the match goes into sudden death the winner is determined by the one with the least damage prior to going into sudden death.

Master Hand is a playable character.
If a player johns excessively he/she forfeits that round.
Wobbling is not banned.
Camping is not banned.
The use of the freeze glitch and soul breaker glitch is banned.

and the use of the character Metakight is banned!

Note: this is just a local thing. I am not going to invite any one I do not already know in real life.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Some changes I would make

Stages
Some of the stages on that list can be broken for some characters, e.g walk off walls allowing fox to get easy kills from waveshining

neutrals

Final Destination
Battle Field
Yoshi Story
Dream Land n64
Pokemon Stadium

CPs

Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle n64
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Mute City

That is still fairly liberal, I would maybe take of pokefloats. I like the two-ban idea

Tournament Sets

You should be away of the fact that an everyone vs everyone (aka round robin) may take a lot of time depending on the amount of attendants

7 players = 21 sets
8 players = 28 sets
9 players = 36 sets
10 players = 45 sets
11 players = 55 sets
12 players = 66 sets

Ties
You may want to just say, whoever won between those two players when they faced each other wins, but its up to you

Ban MH
What if both players wan't to use him? they can't only P3 can control him

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
banning MH is unneeded it's very rare to see someone who wants to play as MH however you should make a rule about taking him up to a percent and he should cause corn. to be banned.

also again most people coulnd't Waveshine people so yeah I think he'd be alright.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Masterhand is just dumb.
Ban MH
^ Also, this guy makes a good point. If I ever meet someone who plays Masterhand, I'll just say I play him too. :D
What do you think the TO would do then? Rock-paper-scissors? Or maybe both players would have to pick a normal character? Interesting stuff.

Pi

Smash Hero
Masterhand is just dumb.

^ Also, this guy makes a good point. If I ever meet someone who plays Masterhand, I'll just say I play him too. :D
What do you think the TO would do then? Rock-paper-scissors? Or maybe both players would have to pick a normal character? Interesting stuff.
it'll end in a tie because both MH's will be performing the same move

unless those lasers are really random
in which case you could rng yourself to a win/loss
either way yea
mh should be banned.

ALSO I VOTE THAT THE HUB SHOULD BE LISTED ON THE FRONT PAGE & RECOMMENDED AS THE PLACE FOR ALL GENERAL CHAT :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Whats FB? <rhetorical question the rest of this html garbage is so my sig shows up yup hai victra =D sigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Facebook?

I like how at any point in time Tec0 can think "hmm do I wanna beat this guy with Fox,Sheik,Marth or Peach? whatever I'll just close my eyes and pick whoever my coin lands closest to on the screen"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Facebook?

I like how at any point in time Tec0 can think "hmm do I wanna beat this guy with Fox,Sheik,Marth or Peach? whatever I'll just close my eyes and pick whoever my coin lands closest to on the screen"
LMFAO

I like how this dude HBK can go to regional tournies and 2-0 entire pools with Roy.

Also I know lol quote my post above and you'll see what I mean.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Hazz is a very wierd individual. You've gotta find a way through that cold stone Mt.Vernon heart of his but once you do....its so worth it. :chuckle:

Tec0-Sometime soon I'll go to where you're at and we'll play a best of 15 and record it and put it on youtube. I'll make it happen in the near future. I think we can agree that Eggm is 5th behind Nando/Deathknight

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Some changes I would make

Stages
Some of the stages on that list can be broken for some characters, e.g walk off walls allowing fox to get easy kills from waveshining

neutrals

Final Destination
Battle Field
Yoshi Story
Dream Land n64
Pokemon Stadium

CPs

Fountain of Dreams
Kongo Jungle n64
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Poke Floats
Brinstar
Mute City

That is still fairly liberal, I would maybe take of pokefloats. I like the two-ban idea

Tournament Sets

You should be away of the fact that an everyone vs everyone (aka round robin) may take a lot of time depending on the amount of attendants

7 players = 21 sets
8 players = 28 sets
9 players = 36 sets
10 players = 45 sets
11 players = 55 sets
12 players = 66 sets

Ties
You may want to just say, whoever won between those two players when they faced each other wins, but its up to you

Ban MH
Thank you for helping me out, I am going to keep master hand because I am a master hand supporter, other than that I agree with your recommendations. So Thanks :)! (As to counter arguments click on my sig. It will take you to a group. Do not join the group unless you agree with pro-master hand in melee arguments.)

Pi

Smash Hero
Are you serious?
There are actually people passionate about getting masterhand legalized in tournaments?

If some punk wants to choose MH, I'll RPS him for port 3 then go grab something to eat. I don't lose RPS.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Are you serious?
There are actually people passionate about getting masterhand legalized in tournaments?

If some punk wants to choose MH, I'll RPS him for port 3 then go grab something to eat. I don't lose RPS.
Um. He is already legal, were just trying to push him mainstream. He is awesome in team battles.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think he should be useable this isn't about it being boring WTF peaches should be banned if that was the case.

really MH fails that bad and it's like a free win like for 80% of the decent players.

there's no reason to ban him not anymore than why we banned the freeze glitch and etc. We didn't say oh the ice climbers are broken with the freeze glitch so banned the glitch not the charcter we got rid of the problme not ht e charcter for MH set a damage limit at like 800% and it will save lots of time and give MH a chance. that and if the glitch fails the 1st time you must pick someone else. simple rules that avoid eating off lots of time and make it less boring. if one person wants to go MH and other does too take turns chances are one will crash or win twice. if on the end round.

rock, papper, sisors. who wants to lose more.

Top Bottom