• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I just realized that the MK ban is in effect.
That means that the number of sets that result in timeout will likely go down.

On the other hand our grand finals seem to be going in the opposite direction.
I dont want melee to be known for its timeouts :(

Jonas

Smash Champion
Way to be jumping to conclusions. Just because one match-up is overly campy and anti-aggressive in nature, now suddenly our game is "going in that direction."

oh and fyi MK dittos are hype and don't usually go to time.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
well the melee scene will know that our game isnt overly campy.
but from an outsiders point of view im not so sure
take someone who saw the community for the first time during the apex stream?

mk dittos arent the issue lol
its mk who runs away vs anyone

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't see why we should care what other fighters think about us. It's obvious that they (for the most part, mind you) aren't willing to change their opinions about us.

Jonas

Smash Champion
well the melee scene will know that our game isnt overly campy.
but from an outsiders point of view im not so sure
take someone who saw the community for the first time during the apex stream?
That's not really what you wrote at first, but anyway. If somebody drew conclusions about our game based on the GFs, then they are stupid, unless they only saw the GFs and not the other top 8 matches, in which case I'd forgive them for getting a bad first-impression.

mk dittos arent the issue lol
its mk who runs away vs anyone
Then why does the Brawl community cry about "every match turnering into a MK ditto" and "4 MK mains in top 6"? Remember that they actually had rules in place to stop MK from running the clock :p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
And I saw Teczero at Apex. Definitely the cutest female smasher in existence, right now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sinji, were you the tall, dark-skinned guy who had a ponytail, at Apex? I think I played doubles matches against you on the last day. You had a red jacket on, and you used Marth and Fox.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I dont know what trlahti said but I was comparing the two photos as crush fashion sense.

@ShroudedOne, You are right about the red jacket, lol I didn't have a ponytail but I dont recall playing teams on the last day. I was playing teams on Saturday and teamed with Mahone then Reno against Javi and Shiz.

For the most part I was hanging out with shiz on Saturday and Sunday.

here is a pic of me and shiz.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I think ShroudedOne meant the guy you were teaming with. If I recall, I seen you guys on the livestream player cam.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea Shounenkel is the best in the Bahamas and I am the best in Jamaica. We are like a powerhouse in the Caribbean. Sadly we lost to Cactuar/DOH, then a team from Chile ( I cant remember the names).

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Fred is pretty stupid.
I had lost faith in humanity when he was the most subscribed person on youtube.
I had always wanted Smosh to be #1, and that ***** Fred always stood in their way

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
When I said power house I meant in our countries respectively. And we didn't get last place. We made it out of first round if you check the vid. and so what if we lost. its a learning experience. But I assure you that I will place well at the next apex.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah. Another person I was too intimidated to say hi too.

Darn it. ShroudedOne needs more guts.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wtf you talked to me and you didn't talk to this guy? ... lol

Sinji, of course it was a learning experience but saying you are awesome in your country is like saying I'm the best on my block... How will you increase your level when you are already the best there? You have to find stronger opponents or you will stall. =)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I'm an odd person. If I'm lucky enough to get a next time, I'll definitely talk to everyone. Also kinda wanted to friendly S2J (I see you), but I kinda hate the Falcon MU....

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Both of them came off as being really nice during my interaction with them. Much respect. Really wish Javi and I played more. :D

Top Bottom